Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Ok so the ratings for the finale came in, about 2 million viewers watched the Season finale of Stargate Atlantis on Friday June 22th 2007. Now even with the long hiatus between 1st and 2nd half, Major box office competition, and fans using alternate methods to watch, the show still managed to squeak by some of it's other show competitors like BSG in ratings.

Do you feel there is a good chance for a Season 5? Are you happy with the show direction and want the show have more seasons?

Discuss your pros and cons. Please keep it civil of course, a good debate and dicussion can change people's views of that they want.

Have Fun!
    sigpic

I say yes to all of the above questions. They've proven to beat the odds so to speak, especially under fire by irate fans. They appeal to a certain level of the masses which is enough to get them through S3 in the top 3-5 of scifi shows if not top 10, but never below that. I find that commendable on the part of the committment of the fans who will watch the show, and proof positive of the fan base that is loyal despite skiffy's changes and actually the changes that SGA has experienced.

In regards to S4, it is proving to be extremely interesting and I personally like what I've heard of all the eps that have been mentioned even if I have my concerns about a few, overall I can't wait to see what they have to offer us as viewers. If S4 lives up to the impressions I've been given, and counting the semi-success of S3, I think S5 has a strong chance. But then, I thought S5 always had a chance no matter what, if only to give SGA it's 100 eps to fall sort of in line with SG1.

But I think SGA might build on with a larger fanbase especially with the loss of SG1, and Carter's inception, but also with the future loss of BSG which may lead some viewers who are just supportive of "ship" shows to tune into SGA---as it will be the only show with "space battles" and "ships" on television to date.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I say long live atlantis

I think that season 4 will deffenlity attract more viewers
      it´s possible that it will be the best season so far
      sigpic

Comment

We'll see, depends on season 4. If season 4 has to many (bad) changes, a lot of fans will stop watching.
        sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
        Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Lots of people have already been talking about this topic in this thead.

Renewal will depend on many factors that affect ratings, including whether fans stick around until the fall, whether Atlantis can survive without SG1, and how fans respond to the changes in s4.

It's all up in the air, but I won't be shocked if Atlantis is not renewed.

Comment

The only way I see SGA not continuing is if Sci-Fi finds an increadibly horrible time slot for it. I just can't see Sci-Fi channel without a Stargate series to be honest, and I would expect to see Atlantis around for a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              It's all up in the air, but I won't be shocked if Atlantis is not renewed.
              I won't be shocked too, if Atlantis is not renewed. The ratings before the final were just too bad and I think that when it comes down to cancelling the series only the third season is looked at. So the fourth season might be brilliant and still it might get cancelled.

Comment

At this stage, I honestly don't know...hopefully the writers have gotten their fingers out for s4.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think there will be a season 5.
                  sigpic
                  If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                  I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

this show will go beyond season 5.

Even though its a spinoff series, it's damn good. The franchise has yet to disintigrate in the same fashion that Star Trek did with DS9 onwards.

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
                      this show will go beyond season 5.

Even though its a spinoff series, it's damn good. The franchise has yet to disintigrate in the same fashion that Star Trek did with DS9 onwards.
                      I wished the renewal of a series was only up to how good it is, but the ratings are important and at the moment they are not as good as they are supposed to be.

If it was only up to how good the series is, then SG-1 would be still on air and some other series too.

Comment

I am not just a Stargate fan I also watch BSG, Eureka, and The Dresden Files. Of course Stargate is my first choice. Comparing notes to all these shows, Atlantis still stands out as a major series to the network. If it was getting ratings like around a .08 or .09 for an average then I would agree season 4 could be the last. But when the season averages 2nd best in the network, come on. The BSG season finale only pulled in a 1.2! ECW for like the past 3 weeks has only gotten a 1.4!

Also remember...
                        • Long Hiatus lost viewers
                        • Long Hiatus caused people to view episode by other means
                        • Major Box office competition
                        • Entire ratings for all networks down, so all shows are effected

I don't know what else to say, I just think it's common sense to at least give SGA a 5th season.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          I am not just a Stargate fan I also watch BSG, Eureka, and The Dresden Files. Of course Stargate is my first choice. Comparing notes to all these shows, Atlantis still stands out as a major series to the network. If it was getting ratings like around a .08 or .09 for an average then I would agree season 4 could be the last. But when the season averages 2nd best in the network, come on. The BSG season finale only pulled in a 1.2! ECW for like the past 3 weeks has only gotten a 1.4!
                          Also remember...
                          • Long Hiatus lost viewers
                          • Long Hiatus caused people to view episode by other means
                          • Major Box office competition
                          • Entire ratings for all networks down, so all shows are effected

I don't know what else to say, I just think it's common sense to at least give SGA a 5th season.
                          I agree with you whole heartedly, that's why I was surprised by the poster who said the ratings were too low. They were low on average but JM said continously that they're low all round. ECW was in the 2.0+ bracket and was pushed down to 1.4-1.6 that says a lot. So to see, as I mentioned in my earlier post that SGA was on average at around a 1.3 especially taking into consideration what's listed above---to still make it in the top 10 scifi shows if not the top 3. To take it one step further probably no.1 on many occasions if we take away the lame ass scifi films that air---the show will continue on. It actually did well this season. Not as it could, but the many variables with low advertisement, lack of reruns on scifi, and with the long ass hiatus...SGA did pretty remarkably.

All in all I think it merits a S5, and I do think they'll get it.

By the way if I have to admit fangirl association to any show---other than Ugly Betty it will have to be Eureka. I adore that show!!
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                            I agree with you whole heartedly, that's why I was surprised by the poster who said the ratings were too low. They were low on average but JM said continously that they're low all round. ECW was in the 2.0+ bracket and was pushed down to 1.4-1.6 that says a lot. So to see, as I mentioned in my earlier post that SGA was on average at around a 1.3 especially taking into consideration what's listed above---to still make it in the top 10 scifi shows if not the top 3. To take it one step further probably no.1 on many occasions if we take away the lame ass scifi films that air---the show will continue on. It actually did well this season. Not as it could, but the many variables with low advertisement, lack of reruns on scifi, and with the long ass hiatus...SGA did pretty remarkably.

All in all I think it merits a S5, and I do think they'll get it.

By the way if I have to admit fangirl association to any show---other than Ugly Betty it will have to be Eureka. I adore that show!!

As much as I love Eureka, I do not see it getting higher than a 1.5 average next season. I don't want to give people false hope who want a 5th season, but look at the statistics and just common sense. It was expensive to run two Stargate shows, now with only one left, Cost of production is cut in half if not even more. So with COP down, ratings can fall a little bit.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Ok so the ratings for the finale came in, about 2 million viewers watched the Season finale of Stargate Atlantis on Friday June 22th 2007. Now even with the long hiatus between 1st and 2nd half, Major box office competition, and fans using alternate methods to watch, the show still managed to squeak by some of it's other show competitors like BSG in ratings.

Do you feel there is a good chance for a Season 5? Are you happy with the show direction and want the show have more seasons?

Discuss your pros and cons. Please keep it civil of course, a good debate and dicussion can change people's views of that they want.

Have Fun!
                              Yes to all. I think that season five is a strong posibility and I am definatly pleased with the current direction.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X