PDA

View Full Version : Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

SGFerrit
October 3rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Well, according to JM we should hopefully know wether or not Atlantis' got a season 5 in 2 weeks. I didn't think it would be until November.

Make sure to check his blog each day, as the news could very well be posted there first.

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 07:34 AM
No. Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie are now running the show. Doing a bang up job too in my opinion.

I was a little worried at first. But after seeing Adrift, I am very happy. We need that 5th season and even more

yeah I agree! They maintained their season ending ratings going up against a tough fall premiere and like you said Eureka dropped from 1.8 to 1.2 last week due to the premieres. I think if they move Atlantis back to the summer for 5th season they will have similar numbers as Eureka ... for me personally I would love if they had Eureka (s3) followed by Atlantis (s5). They are the only 2 shows I watch anymore on the network :P

That's the point I was making, SGA only dropped from a 1.4 previous season average to a 1.2! I believe that number could rise, if more people watch it live this week. As per Eureka, that was a huge drop. That is going to get Sci-fi thinking that a 1.2 is a good ratings score. Also, I agree that if S4 ends by march(since it's running straight through) it would make it perfect timing for a summer premiere! Only a 3 month or so hiatus. :)

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
Hey, they just added a HDTV channel for Sci-fi! That could help ratings.

Trek_Girl42
October 3rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Maybe we should all send Scifi some lemons with "send more" written on them?
:lol:

Hey Sgferrit, I appreicate your support. Aylssa was just stating her opinion and she does make a good point, however, at this point I think more people want a 5th season than don't. I guess I just have to be careful how I word my posts. I am just trying to take the facts, compare them to the current market, and speculate what could happen. It's just called postive thinking.

Getting back on topic, I strongly feel we will get a 5th season now, after Sci-fi made that press release and included SGA.
Meh, I don't get cheering for a show's demise- there are shows that I loathe but wouldn't vocally wish them cancelled, since there are those out there who love them. We've all got different tastes, and there's absolutely no point in cheering for someone of a different taste to have their show cancelled just because you don't like it. :)

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 10:12 AM

Meh, I don't get cheering for a show's demise- there are shows that I loathe but wouldn't vocally wish them cancelled, since there are those out there who love them. We've all got different tastes, and there's absolutely no point in cheering for someone of a different taste to have their show cancelled just because you don't like it. :)

Agreed, and if We(Fans and posters of this forum who are pro-season 5) want to support the show and be optomistic, We(Fans and posters of this forum who are pro-season 5) should be able to. Joe M is confident, so i am confident. After seeing the numbers of the other shows, it's a totally different ballgame now. Those 2.0's are ancient history.

chocdoc
October 3rd, 2007, 10:48 AM
yeah I agree! They maintained their season ending ratings going up against a tough fall premiere and like you said Eureka dropped from 1.8 to 1.2 last week due to the premieres. I think if they move Atlantis back to the summer for 5th season they will have similar numbers as Eureka ... for me personally I would love if they had Eureka (s3) followed by Atlantis (s5). They are the only 2 shows I watch anymore on the network :P

I think it is quite possible that SGA would get similar ratings as Eureka if it had premiered in the summer. We'll never know for this year. I also wish that Eureka and SGA were on the same night! I like both shows a lot!

Falcon Horus
October 3rd, 2007, 10:49 AM
When is Eureka on?

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM
When is Eureka on?

Well it just had it's season finale yesterday. But it airs on Tuesdays @ 9/8c

Falcon Horus
October 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Well it just had it's season finale yesterday. But it airs on Tuesdays @ 9/8c

I see. It's up against Bones and NCIS... I think.

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 11:02 AM
Ok this was released by Sci-fi yesterday...

Eureka, Ghost Hunters and Stargate Atlantis Continue to Drive Viewership

Then Sci-fi will release this next week or in 2 weeks...

Er um we are cancelling Stargate Atlantis because of loss in viewership.

LOL! I mean come on, the writing is on the wall. The network wants to keep a SG series going.

Mattathias2.0
October 3rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
I am hoping for 100.

Falcon Horus
October 3rd, 2007, 11:20 AM
I am hoping for 100.

100 what? ... Oh, nevermind, you mean 100 episodes. :)

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 11:21 AM
I am hoping for 100.

100 what? ... Oh, nevermind, you mean 100 episodes. :)

So does MGM. :p

Mitchell82
October 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Well, according to JM we should hopefully know wether or not Atlantis' got a season 5 in 2 weeks. I didn't think it would be until November.

Make sure to check his blog each day, as the news could very well be posted there first.

I just hope my errie Farsacpe Deja'vu feeling isn't justified.

Briangate78
October 3rd, 2007, 02:06 PM
I just hope my errie Farsacpe Deja'vu feeling isn't justified.

It is interesting that a lot of the shows are getting what Farscape did the last season. :S Must be some kinda Farscape curse, lol.

Briangate78
October 4th, 2007, 05:50 AM
Somone was talking about Dresden Files, since SGA is getting the same rating, but besides the market being totally different from 7 months ago, here is the key...

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE: WEEK OF JULY 30-AUGUST 3
By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

THE DRESEN FILES (Sci Fi) - The cable channel has confirmed the freshman drama won't be returning for a second season. The series averaged a solid 1.23 household rating over the course of its 12-week run, just shy of lead-out "Battlestar Galactica's" average 1.26 household rating during the back half of its third season. The key adults 18-49 demographic however told a different story as "Dresden" averaged 810,556 viewers, nearly 25% shy of "Galactica's" 1,079,511 average...

For SGA, the premiere is up +7% in Adults 18-49. This was the key demographic that Joe was referring to.

walkoff2
October 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Looks like someone should start a savestargateatlantis.com website.

jenks
October 4th, 2007, 11:07 AM
1.2 is a disaster, I'm not sure even hitting key demographics can save Atlantis now.

Charles Schneider
October 4th, 2007, 11:14 AM
They'll definitely get picked up for another season. If you read on Joseph Mallozzi's blog, he gives a very valid argument about the changes in TV viewership over the last 20 years, and how ratings today can't be compared to ratings from even the recent past.

Once their ratings "bump" comes in later this week, I predict with similar to close viewership over the next 4 weeks, we'll undoubtedly see everyone again come next fall.

Briangate78
October 4th, 2007, 11:19 AM
1.2 is a disaster, I'm not sure even hitting key demographics can save Atlantis now.

Not according to Sci-fi, who are pleased and knew what they were up against.

They'll definitely get picked up for another season. If you read on Joseph Mallozzi's blog, he gives a very valid argument about the changes in TV viewership over the last 20 years, and how ratings today can't be compared to ratings from even the recent past.

Once their ratings "bump" comes in later this week, I predict with similar to close viewership over the next 4 weeks, we'll undoubtedly see everyone again come next fall.

It will be a big bump, imo. There are new factors this season, that did not apply last season. DVR had more than doubled in household usage. SGA also went up against major network competition. Eureka also got a 1.2 that same week(which btw SGA beat it out in amount of viewers), and they considered that good.

If lifeline (Next week's ep) Stays even or gets an uptick we should hopefully get a renewal announcement by next week. Joe M is expecting to hear from Sci-fi any day now and he is very postive.

Mitchell82
October 4th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Not according to Sci-fi, who are pleased and knew what they were up against.

It will be a big bump, imo. There are new factors this season, that did not apply last season. DVR had more than doubled in household usage. SGA also went up against major network competition. Eureka also got a 1.2 that same week(which btw SGA beat it out in amount of viewers), and they considered that good.

If lifeline (Next week's ep) Stays even or gets an uptick we should hopefully get a renewal announcement by next week. Joe M is expecting to hear from Sci-fi any day now and he is very postive.
Agreed but in worst case scenerio I have a very evil plan for scifi.:samanime15::jonas13::docianime15:

~Benjamin~
October 4th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Agreed but in worst case scenerio I have a very evil plan for scifi.:samanime15::jonas13::docianime15:

what ? techie with an axe ? thats my idea

i hope they will be a season 5 anyway , its a pity it ratings only count in USA

Briangate78
October 4th, 2007, 07:55 PM

I don't think that will be neccessary. Sci-fi made a press release about how SGA is helping to drive viewers in the key demographics. I think "Lifeline" and "Reunion" will be the deciding factor. Joe M is optomistic and very postive about a 5th season.

gange57
October 5th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Somone was talking about Dresden Files, since SGA is getting the same rating, but besides the market being totally different from 7 months ago, here is the key...

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE: WEEK OF JULY 30-AUGUST 3
By The Futon Critic Staff (TFC)

THE DRESEN FILES (Sci Fi) - The cable channel has confirmed the freshman drama won't be returning for a second season. The series averaged a solid 1.23 household rating over the course of its 12-week run, just shy of lead-out "Battlestar Galactica's" average 1.26 household rating during the back half of its third season. The key adults 18-49 demographic however told a different story as "Dresden" averaged 810,556 viewers, nearly 25% shy of "Galactica's" 1,079,511 average...

For SGA, the premiere is up +7% in Adults 18-49. This was the key demographic that Joe was referring to.

According to the press release (http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc/scifi-20071003000000-scifichannelhasb.html), Adrift had 896,000 viewers in A18-49 and was up by 7%. That would mean season 3.5 averaged about 833,280 in A18-49, which is marginally better than TDF's numbers. Yet, TDF was canceled and BSG, whose numbers were much higher, was renewed at the 11th hour for 13 episodes with an option for the back nine. Interesting.

Briangate78
October 5th, 2007, 07:30 AM
According to the press release (http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc/scifi-20071003000000-scifichannelhasb.html), Adrift had 896,000 viewers in A18-49 and was up by 7%. That would mean season 3.5 averaged about 833,280 in A18-49, which is marginally better than TDF's numbers. Yet, TDF was canceled and BSG, whose numbers were much higher, was renewed at the 11th hour for 13 episodes with an option for the back nine. Interesting.

Makes you wonder why Ron Moore wanted to end the show at 4 seasons. He probably was afraid that it would not get a 5th, lol. That also puts SGA at an advantage. You figure when BSG airs it's final season what will Sci-fi have besides Eureka for the summer? Anyway, with all these DVR announcements and about major competition, i think we have to see how tonight's ep does and next weeks. Then Sci-fi will make that decision.

I also think it helps that SGA is 20 episodes. So that is 20 weeks at that certain demographic, where as Dresden was 12 or 13 eps?

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Makes you wonder why Ron Moore wanted to end the show at 4 seasons. He probably was afraid that it would not get a 5th, lol. That also puts SGA at an advantage. You figure when BSG airs it's final season what will Sci-fi have besides Eureka for the summer? Anyway, with all these DVR announcements and about major competition, i think we have to see how tonight's ep does and next weeks. Then Sci-fi will make that decision.

I also think it helps that SGA is 20 episodes. So that is 20 weeks at that certain demographic, where as Dresden was 12 or 13 eps?

Scifi's anouncements so far have been positive so as of yet I'm not worried.

the_dark_light
October 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Sooner or later I expect Scifi to start talking out of both sides of their collective mouth. Then again I'm just cynical when it comes to that particular channel.

Tippy
October 5th, 2007, 01:54 PM
If SGA is canceled, Scifis gonna have very slim pickin's for what to show @[email protected] its already hard enough to find something to watch on that channel! Right now theyre grabbing remakes of old shows, not bad, but itd be horrible if they kept cutting back all the original series.

Im hopeful that people are going to start tuning in, or networks are gonna find a new way of getting viewer feedback other than ratings

Oka
October 5th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I remain positive. They don't want to cancel the show yet, they want 100 episodes. They want at least one Stargate show on the air because they don't want the franchise to die.

IF they cancel the show there is nothing left on Sci Fi for me, since they canceled BSG already.

Mattathias2.0
October 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Also renewing SGA for a 5th would open the door for a new series in the franchise.

I also see it being likely SCI FI will air the Direct-To-DVD films.

Briangate78
October 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Also renewing SGA for a 5th would open the door for a new series in the franchise.

I also see it being likely SCI FI will air the Direct-To-DVD films.

I strongly feel Sci-fi is not ready to give up a SG series. The VP even said that.

jenks
October 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM

As if SciFi's statements are going to be anything but positive.

I remain positive. They don't want to cancel the show yet, they want 100 episodes. They want at least one Stargate show on the air because they don't want the franchise to die.

Who is 'they'?

Oka
October 5th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Who is 'they'?
The people in charge; MGM, Sci Fi, whoever. We'll get another season.

Mattathias2.0
October 5th, 2007, 04:07 PM
I strongly feel Sci-fi is not ready to give up a SG series. The VP even said that.

Finally, a TV series I am into that hasn't been cancelled while I am getting really into it.

Previously, I watched Angel, Cleoptara2525, Farscape, and Witchblade.

jenks
October 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
The people in charge; MGM, Sci Fi, whoever. We'll get another season.

SciFi is who buys the seasons, beyond making themselves money, they couldn't care less whether the Stargate franchise dies or not.

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Sooner or later I expect Scifi to start talking out of both sides of their collective mouth. Then again I'm just cynical when it comes to that particular channel.

Good point.

Mitchell82
October 5th, 2007, 08:33 PM
SciFi is who buys the seasons, beyond making themselves money, they couldn't care less whether the Stargate franchise dies or not.

Mabey so however if they cancel it money making will be a huge problem for them.

Briangate78
October 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
It would be a real shame if there is no season 5. Season 4 is really looking good. The first two eps were amazing.

The Lonely Huntress
October 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Frankly, I don't trust SciFi or JM that much, I remember BSG were afraid that they show would get cancelled after SG1 and they reassured that it won't happen. Well, you know how that went.

I've been wondering this: What's sindication exactly?

I believed sindication comes after at least a couple of seasons but I remember that SGA was on sindication even before it ends its run on USA. Dresden Files got only 12 eps but it was aired in here (South América) until a couple of months ago, I think. There're other series that got only one season and were aired sometimes at the same time that in USA, and most of them have been released on DVD.

Do SGA really needs another season to be attractive for sindication?

I thought SGA would get another season even if the ratings weren't that good but I'm not so sure anymore and I think that even if SGA got a season 5, the possibilities of another SG series are slim. TPTB finding a really interesting plot doesn't seem much credible if the last seasons of SG1 and SGA are any indication, besides, the pessimism on most of the posts I've read (even PROs) seems to indicate that many fans think that SGA is already dead, and another season would be just to get a certain number of ep to sell. How sad.

jenks
October 8th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Frankly, I don't trust SciFi or JM that much, I remember BSG were afraid that they show would get cancelled after SG1 and they reassured that it won't happen. Well, you know how that went.

BSG never got cancelled.

Briangate78
October 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
We will probably know this week or next about SGA's fate. :S I'm confident! :p

The Lonely Huntress
October 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM
BSG never got cancelled.

That made me curious. Maybe I didn't understand, or SciFi changed its mind. But what I found at SciFi site confirmed that season 4 it's the last. After the end maybe there would be another series, and/or tv movies. This sounds familiar! The SG Universe maybe?

Ok, sorry. Maybe BSG didn't get cancelled, it just didn't get renewed, or maybe both parts decided that to end the series it was for the best. Although that last idea is odd, considering how someone from SciFi raved about the quality of BSG (which I believe it's true) and, almost, told that rating doesn't count when you have an aclaimed series that wins awards.

Sorry again and, since this is off topic, I'm shutting up.

Jumper_One
October 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
That made me curious. Maybe I didn't understand, or SciFi changed its mind. But what I found at SciFi site confirmed that season 4 it's the last. After the end maybe there would be another series, and/or tv movies. This sounds familiar! The SG Universe maybe?

Ok, sorry. Maybe BSG didn't get cancelled, it just didn't get renewed, or maybe both parts decided that to end the series it was for the best. Although that last idea is odd, considering how someone from SciFi raved about the quality of BSG (which I believe it's true) and, almost, told that rating doesn't count when you have an aclaimed series that wins awards.

as far as I know the people in charge of BSG somehow decided that season 4 would be their last season. don't know why

Jumper_One
October 8th, 2007, 05:19 PM
It would be a real shame if there is no season 5. Season 4 is really looking good. The first two eps were amazing.

I totally agree! Adrift and Lifeline were great episodes and from what I've seen from other episodes season 4 may be the best season of Atlantis. I really hope they're gonna renew the show. there's so much potential.

also I'd like to see O'Neill return in a future episode (but that's just one selfish wish).

hopefully we'll know soon

jenks
October 8th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Season 4 is the last, but Sci Fi didn't cancel it, the producers of the show decided the 4th season should be it's last.

Briangate78
October 8th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Season 4 is the last, but Sci Fi didn't cancel it, the producers of the show decided the 4th season should be it's last.

Which rumor has it Ron Moore wanted a 5th season and Sci-fi would not give a 2 season deal. We all know how that ended up *Cough* Farscape *Cough* So Skiffy will renew one season at a time and I guess Ron did not like that and was afraid the show would be canned after 4.

It's kinda funny, with all the shows on the network down. SGA could get a 5th season pickup based on BSG ending. Where at this point ratings could only be a minor factor.

SylvreWolfe
October 8th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Which rumor has it Ron Moore wanted a 5th season and Sci-fi would not give a 2 season deal. We all know how that ended up *Cough* Farscape *Cough* So Skiffy will renew one season at a time and I guess Ron did not like that and was afraid the show would be canned after 4.

It's kinda funny, with all the shows on the network down. SGA could get a 5th season pickup based on BSG ending. Where at this point ratings could only be a minor factor.

I also heard this rumor. And I believe Moore pulled a Nixon and bailed before he could get kicked out. Or he *made the decision* to end the show before Skiffy could *cancel* it. Either way, it is cancelled.

Briangate78
October 8th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I also heard this rumor. And I believe Moore pulled a Nixon and bailed before he could get kicked out. Or he *made the decision* to end the show before Skiffy could *cancel* it. Either way, it is cancelled.

At least Joe M is ending Season 4 on a cliffhanger. He is not rushing the story and is giving more story arcs if a 5th season happens.

SylvreWolfe
October 8th, 2007, 08:32 PM
At least Joe M is ending Season 4 on a cliffhanger. He is not rushing the story and is giving more story arcs if a 5th season happens.

Farscape ended on a cliffhanger too. But then they had been promised 5 seasons only to have the 5th pulled out from under them with only a matter of a few days left in the filming schedule.

Have I told you lately how much I hate Skiffy??

*which it really wasn't Skiffy, it was the parent company.*

Briangate78
October 8th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Farscape ended on a cliffhanger too. But then they had been promised 5 seasons only to have the 5th pulled out from under them with only a matter of a few days left in the filming schedule.

Have I told you lately how much I hate Skiffy??

*which it really wasn't Skiffy, it was the parent company.*

If we don't get a 5th season, I'll be right behind you. Right now there are so many factors to renew it. There are no shows left on Sci-fi, lol.

Kick-Kinsey
October 14th, 2007, 05:13 AM
if they were to cancel SGA after this season, it would only go to show that Sci-Fi is seriously trying to bring down their own network.

Skiffy is run by a bunch of clowns

Briangate78
October 14th, 2007, 06:17 AM

Sad but true. Well the good news is the ratings sytem has changed, and according to Sci-fi SGA is up from last season's 2nd half. So that is a good sign. They know DVR is effecting SGA by as much as 0.2 to 0.3 in the ratings, I believe. So anything is possible. I am still very confidant.

arjumand
October 14th, 2007, 10:31 AM

Oh, definitely - I was going through the website to see the promos for the next episodes of SGA and I came across a promo for a NEW! SCIFI! ORIGINAL! MOVIE! called . . . um . . . The Wraiths of Roanoke. Seriously? Are you kidding me? The Wraiths of Roanoke? The Wraiths of Roanoke? I'm trying to vary intonation to make it sound better, but it's not working. Of all the movies they could make about Roanoke they choose this piece of crap? Oh, I forgot, these are the people who made Mansquito.

Just, don't you dare cancel our show, you idiots.

P.S. It's worse for people like me than most - not being American I can't actually influence anything they do. I can only sit here, watching episodes which happen to be, this season, better than ever, and chew on my fingernails.

oldman44
October 14th, 2007, 11:14 AM
When will we know the ratings for Lifeline?

PG15
October 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Next Sunday at the latest.

And Adrift's ratings from SciFi Wires arrives in a few hours time!

Briangate78
October 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Next Sunday at the latest.

And Adrift's ratings from SciFi Wires arrives in a few hours time!

The big question is, will Live + 3 be added in like Live + Same day is added to the raw live number? Stay tuned folks!! :p

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Top Ten SciFi Channel Shows

Ghost Hunters--------------1.4
Eureka---------------------1.2
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.2 (Adrift)
ECW-----------------------1.1
Species: Awakening--------1.1
Doctor Who----------------1.0
Alone in the Dark-----------0.9
Flash Gordon---------------0.7
10.5 part two--------------0.7
War of the Worlds----------0.7

This to me is a good sign, when you compare SGA to other shows of the network. SGA even beat out ECW!

Just have to hope the ratings stay even over the next few eps. DVR should hopefully bump that number up. :)

arjumand
October 15th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Top Ten SciFi Channel Shows

Ghost Hunters--------------1.4
Eureka---------------------1.2
Stargate Atlantis-----------1.2 (Adrift)
ECW-----------------------1.1
Species: Awakening--------1.1
Doctor Who----------------1.0
Alone in the Dark-----------0.9
Flash Gordon---------------0.7
10.5 part two--------------0.7
War of the Worlds----------0.7

This to me is a good sign, when you compare SGA to other shows of the network. SGA even beat out ECW!

Just have to hope the ratings stay even over the next few eps. DVR should hopefully bump that number up. :)

I love that - for one, it beat Doctor Who, which is amazing to me - in the UK Doctor Who gets ridiculously high ratings, Joe Mallozzi would sell his soul for ratings like that. He'd sell everyone's soul.

Back to the point: Ghost Hunters is a sort of reality show (like the UK's Most Haunted), or am I wrong?

That means of scripted drama, there's just our baby and Eureka at the top! Come on Scifi! You must renew! I can't believe they don't realise that these ratings are partly a result of the move to an October start (and Friday night, I mean COME ON!).

I'm hopeful that the leak of Doppelganger will help with that - I'm hoping that the positive buzz created (because the ep is truly awesome!) will add viewers.

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
I love that - for one, it beat Doctor Who, which is amazing to me - in the UK Doctor Who gets ridiculously high ratings, Joe Mallozzi would sell his soul for ratings like that. He'd sell everyone's soul.

Back to the point: Ghost Hunters is a sort of reality show (like the UK's Most Haunted), or am I wrong?

That means of scripted drama, there's just our baby and Eureka at the top! Come on Scifi! You must renew! I can't believe they don't realise that these ratings are partly a result of the move to an October start (and Friday night, I mean COME ON!).

I'm hopeful that the leak of Doppelganger will help with that - I'm hoping that the positive buzz created (because the ep is truly awesome!) will add viewers.

If SGA was on the bottom of the list I'd be worried. I just think the standards have changed. The top show did not even get a 1.5! I think SGA just needs to stay around the 1.1 to 1.3 mark for "Live Ratings" to be fine. Yes I said Live. :p

Platschu
October 15th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Maybe it is a selfish idea, but if they don't renew Atlantis, they should order the third series's first season and DVD movies for Atlantis too. :o

ToasterOnFire
October 15th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Maybe it is a selfish idea, but if they don't renew Atlantis, they should order the third series's first season and DVD movies for Atlantis too. :o
I see no reason why SGA won't get at least one skiffy movie/miniseries/direct to DVD movie if it's canceled. Beyond that is anyone's guess. :)

The third series is another matter though - I'll believe it when I see it in production.

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I see no reason why SGA won't get at least one skiffy movie/miniseries/direct to DVD movie if it's canceled. Beyond that is anyone's guess. :)

The third series is another matter though - I'll believe it when I see it in production.

Even though SGA ratings for TV seems to be down, notice I said seems, lol. The Franchise is still very strong fan base wise. DVD sales are always in the top 10 and itunes also do very well. So even if Sci-fi commits network suicide and cancels SGA now, we'll def see a DVD movie, perhaps even more than one. :)

Joe M said he would not leave the fans hanging.

As per SGU. I think we will know more next year with what's going on with that. That will be Brad and Rob's baby, so it's up to them to share what news they have.

Platschu
October 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM
But they have to decide about SG:U now, if they want a premiere at summer or autumn! ;)

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
But they have to decide about SG:U now, if they want a premiere at summer or autumn! ;)

I am sure it is a show Sci-fi would consider big time. They know the fan base is strong. They just need to stop that 7 to 8 month hiatus cr*p and attract these fans to their network. I think that it what hurt Sci-fi ratings and SGA also.

Funny story, as you know Best Buy in the U.S. has become one of the biggest retail outlets for DVDs. I walk by the TV section and notice The Stargate section. SGA is taking up almost the same amount of space as SG-1 is. I know it's silly but it was cool to see SGA promoted on the shelf like that.

Platschu
October 15th, 2007, 12:26 PM
They should release the Stargate : Worlds game too, because it will bring lot of new viewers for the franchise. ;)

the dancer of spaz
October 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I really hope that the lack of news regarding Stargate Universe is a sign that MGM is going to wait a few years before developing it.

Trek_Girl42
October 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM

Yeah, I agree. I do think that SGA will get that fifth season, but at the same time, I'm just terrified that it won't, ala SG-1.

If it does get that fifth season, they need to start, SG-1 style, writing a season finale that works as a series finale just in case. Leaving some things open just in case of a movies of course, but not ending seasons on a cliffhanger. (I also think that they'll get at least one movie if they're cancelled) That always worked really well for SG-1 season five and onward. It made the season finales focus on everything that was important, and strip any useless material away- the characters, a solid contained story, etc. those episodes all had them. Full Circle, Lost City, those were some truly great episodes. I'd like to see SGA aim for that.

Trek_Girl42
October 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I really hope that the lack of news regarding Stargate Universe is a sign that MGM is going to wait a few years before developing it.
Same- I don't want them to rush into it right away (they need to come up with a better name first :P), I'd rather they let Atlantis continue to shoulder the Stargate spotlight, let it make it's run for at least another season before introducing a third series, or wait until Atlantis has run its course. MGM can take their time to bring some fresh writers to the franchise, and really make creating a third series count. :)

Mitchell82
October 15th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Oh, definitely - I was going through the website to see the promos for the next episodes of SGA and I came across a promo for a NEW! SCIFI! ORIGINAL! MOVIE! called . . . um . . . The Wraiths of Roanoke. Seriously? Are you kidding me? The Wraiths of Roanoke? The Wraiths of Roanoke? I'm trying to vary intonation to make it sound better, but it's not working. Of all the movies they could make about Roanoke they choose this piece of crap? Oh, I forgot, these are the people who made Mansquito.
I know the feeling. I can't help but roll my eyes at that.

Just, don't you dare cancel our show, you idiots.
Agreed! *Prepares bac'lev(sp)*

P.S. It's worse for people like me than most - not being American I can't actually influence anything they do. I can only sit here, watching episodes which happen to be, this season, better than ever, and chew on my fingernails.
That is a problem and one that needs to be adressed IMHO.
P.S At least the promos for Tin Man look halfway decent. It *might* be good.

Trek_Girl42
October 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
P.S At least the promos for Tin Man look halfway decent. It *might* be good.
Wow.....I hadn't seen any promos for that until you mentioned here, and it does look good. I usually really enjoy SCI-FI minis. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they should be making more of them, their minis are one of their strengths. :)

*curses The Lost Room not getting picked up as a series*

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Wow.....I hadn't seen any promos for that until you mentioned here, and it does look good. I usually really enjoy SCI-FI minis. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, they should be making more of them, their minis are one of their strengths. :)

Sci-fi mini's are usually pretty good. One of my favorites was "The lost room"

Willow'sCat
October 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Joe M said in his blog they should know by the end of next week.

Question: When will the PTB have a decision on Season 5?”

Answer: I think we’ll probably know by the end of next week.

The wait is almost over either way. :cool:

Given the numbers for SciFi's other shows I am betting they are going to get another year to turn things around. But I will still be suprised. ;)

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Joe M said in his blog they should know by the end of next week.

The wait is almost over either way. :cool:

Given the numbers for SciFi's other shows I am betting they are going to get another year to turn things around. But I will still be suprised. ;)

You saw the top 10 right? SGA is going nowhere, imo. SGA is still less to produce than SG-1, and Scifi is only paying for one show not two. I thought Joe was going to post the long awaited Live + 3 number. They were released today for premiere week. Oh well, hopefully tommorrow he will. I think a lot depends how much is being DVR'd and also how Lifeline and Reunion did. Usually Joe will comment if the ratings went down and will stress to watch live, so i think it's a good sign he has not said anything.

I think he also is not saying too much this season is because Live + 3 is a major factor now. They just made a major announcement on mediaweek and the top 20 DVR'd playback shows. Hee Hee Family Guy made the list. :p

Trek_Girl42
October 15th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Announcement next week! :eek: How will we survive the wait!?! :eek:

*sigh* On the bright side after that we won't need to panic over analyzing ratings so much, whatever happens. :)

the fifth man
October 15th, 2007, 07:03 PM

*sigh* On the bright side after that we won't need to panic over analyzing ratings so much, whatever happens. :)

I think we'll make it ok. It's not long to wait now on a decision. Either way, at least we'll all know for sure.

Still, I don't think we'd want the ratings to plummet or anything.;) Not that I think they will.

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM

Well hopefully it is of good news or Sci-fi is going to lose a lot of viewers. I probably won't watch the rest of the season on Sci-fi if they non-renew the show. No more Stargate what's the point of watching live? MGM who really counts will get my money and my vote through other means. Itunes and DVD sales!

I am growing sick and tired of these ratings. I see these numbers in front of me, and you think it's good enough but you don't really know what they are looking at.

It seems more and more people are being more optomistic as we get closer, even with that 1.2! I think it has to do with the fact that every single show on Sci-fi is down.

KiLL3r
October 15th, 2007, 07:41 PM
if i was a billionaire id hire them all to make sg1 & sga forever! :)

Briangate78
October 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM
if i was a billionaire id hire them all to make sg1 & sga forever! :)

Actually all you would need is about 20 or 30 million dollars to get a season. :p

Willow'sCat
October 15th, 2007, 09:18 PM
You saw the top 10 right? Yes that is why I said they will probably get a reprieve and another season. ;) That does not mean the other shows themselves don't have to lift their game. I know some on line fans have been disappointed by Eureka's numbers even though Eureka did get renewed (it is also a shorter series so must cost less?) but given BSG is also coming to an end.... This might all just be really good timing for SGA, they may get a season 5 purely because SciFi has nothing else worth putting there yet.

Regardless of this DVR thing, there is no way SciFi as a channel can be happy with those numbers being so low (for any show) as I understand it they have over 90 million potential viewers... it just seems they are bleeding profits. Maybe they can afford to at this time, maybe the advertisers are not leaving, maybe they are funded well through subscriptions, no idea. I just know as a business you couldn't be happy to have once had regular shows with 2.4 ratings and now have 1.2 as the norm.

X-3-0-2
October 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I can't see Atlantis being cancelled, Skiffy have a huge gap in their programing with PainkillerJanes and Dresdens cancelled
The only real competition Stargate Atlantis has these days is from Eureka and DrWho and Wrestling

It's called Spin
the network is tired of its poor ratings, the cast and crew admit it got cancelled
http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/70/20170.php

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i157e88908d7e00620d293654df889417

http://scifipulse.net/battlestarnews/BattlestarMagazineCancelled.html

Then everyone tries to put some graceful spin on it saying the show is ending on its own terms
;)

Trek_Girl42
October 15th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Actually all you would need is about 20 or 30 million dollars to get a season. :p
*holds out hat* Donations anyone? :D

Willow'sCat
October 15th, 2007, 09:40 PM
*holds out hat* Donations anyone? :DI only have Australian money. :p

Briangate78
October 16th, 2007, 05:24 AM
Yes that is why I said they will probably get a reprieve and another season. ;) That does not mean the other shows themselves don't have to lift their game. I know some on line fans have been disappointed by Eureka's numbers even though Eureka did get renewed (it is also a shorter series so must cost less?) but given BSG is also coming to an end.... This might all just be really good timing for SGA, they may get a season 5 purely because SciFi has nothing else worth putting there yet.

Regardless of this DVR thing, there is no way SciFi as a channel can be happy with those numbers being so low (for any show) as I understand it they have over 90 million potential viewers... it just seems they are bleeding profits. Maybe they can afford to at this time, maybe the advertisers are not leaving, maybe they are funded well through subscriptions, no idea. I just know as a business you couldn't be happy to have once had regular shows with 2.4 ratings and now have 1.2 as the norm.

Yeah I agree Eureka is not exactly holding onto fans, but I believe Eureka just like SGA is being effected by DVR'ing. Season 1 had a 2.1 Average and Season 2 had a 1.6 Average. Very similar to SGA right? I can predict Season 3 perhaps having a 1.4 to 1.5 season average. See where I'm going with this? :p

Anyway, I was listening the the radio while sitting in traffic this morning, and they were talking about how shows are DVR'd a lot more now. One of the DJ's was saying if you think the system is confusing now, just watch now, they have two sets of ratings now. :S

So, it's a different ballgame now.

Briangate78
October 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Here is what you can do to help Support Atlantis. As you know according to Joe M's blog ,Sci-fi could be making a decision by the end of next week. So we need to show them how many fans are really out there.

Basically, write a letter to the network telling them you watched tonight's ep live and do not count towards nielsen. I also like to throw in a thank you to them for airing Stargate on Scifi. If we can get a few hundred people to do so, it will def help in the decision making for Atlantis. Here are the contacts...

Dave Howe
Executive Vice President and General Manager SCI FI Channel
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York NY, 10112
[email protected]

Thomas P. Vitale
Senior Vice President, Programming and Original Movies, SCI FI Channel
30 Rockefeller Plaza, Fl. 21
New York NY, 10112
[email protected]

Mark Stern - (New York Office)
Executive VP Original Programming
NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel, NY Office
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York NY, 10112
[email protected]

Bonnie Hammer
President, USA Network and SCI FI Channel
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York NY, 10112
[email protected]

*Also, Dave Howe is the one who said he can not see Sci-fi without a Stargate series in the near or even late future.*

flynn1959
October 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM
The longer it takes for us to get the ratings the less chance there is of a season five. If the figures were good I think we would have heard by now.

Mitchell82
October 19th, 2007, 12:12 PM
The longer it takes for us to get the ratings the less chance there is of a season five. If the figures were good I think we would have heard by now.

Always a doomsayer. The reason we don't have the ratings is because they are holding out on releasing them till they release a statement about season 5.

Mitchell82
October 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM

They usually are and this looks like one of them.

flynn1959
October 19th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Always a doomsayer. The reason we don't have the ratings is because they are holding out on releasing them till they release a statement about season 5.

Where does it say that? Why did they release the first episode ratings? Doomsayer or not 1.2 is NOT a good figure and if the next episodes don't increase dramatically Atlantis is toast. The only reason Sci Fi might keep the show with bad ratings is because they have very little else to show!

PG15
October 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
They released the first ep's ratings because it was a season premier, they always do that for pretty much every show...oh, and it was premier week.

We've had to wait patiently for SciFi Wire to release the ratings 2 weeks after the airing of an episode for quite a while now. It's not really an indicator of anything.

Briangate78
October 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Where does it say that? Why did they release the first episode ratings? Doomsayer or not 1.2 is NOT a good figure and if the next episodes don't increase dramatically Atlantis is toast. The only reason Sci Fi might keep the show with bad ratings is because they have very little else to show!

A 1.2 is not bad, but its cool because SGA got a 1.4 for the premiere!!!

From Joe M's Blog...

Well, some of you have been asking and, yes, the Live +3 numbers are finally in and we received a fairly decent bump in comparison to most shows (in short, it suggests that fans of Atlantis are more likely to make use of Tivo and DVR than fans of the average show), bringing us up to around a 1.4 for the premiere. Lots of good news within the numbers as well, but I’ll leave that for the official press release.

Briangate78
October 19th, 2007, 02:02 PM
They released the first ep's ratings because it was a season premier, they always do that for pretty much every show...oh, and it was premier week.

We've had to wait patiently for SciFi Wire to release the ratings 2 weeks after the airing of an episode for quite a while now. It's not really an indicator of anything.

We'll know lifeline's "Raw live + Same day" ratings on Monday @ 12am est. :) Then later that week we should know the Live + 3! Which seems to have become a big thing now.

SGFerrit
October 19th, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'm happy they are factoring these numbers in. Good to FINALLY see the final number for Adrift too. I mean FGS how long do they want to make us wait!?! Does it really take that long?

Like the sound of this:

Lots of good news within the numbers as well, but I’ll leave that for the official press release.

PG15
October 19th, 2007, 03:09 PM
The FACT is, "Adrift" got 1.4.

I like the sound of THAT fact, thank you very much. :D

Mitchell82
October 19th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Me too.

Briangate78
October 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
I'm happy they are factoring these numbers in. Good to FINALLY see the final number for Adrift too. I mean FGS how long do they want to make us wait!?! Does it really take that long?

Like the sound of this:

It's a new rating system so it counts big time. Also it would seem if there was about a 0.2 difference(about 300,000 viewers), SGA bled off about 15% of the live viewers. That is really good for two reasons. One, SGA is not losing viewers from last year and two the network will see SGA is being impacted by DVR and know that it is not loss of interest.

Uber
October 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Lots of good news within the numbers as well, but I’ll leave that for the official press release.Which release? Is he talking about the one that will announce whether or not there's a fifth season pick up or another one?

Briangate78
October 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Which release? Is he talking about the one that will announce whether or not there's a fifth season pick up or another one?

That is my guess. Joe did also sorta hinted in a blog earlier this week about a 5th season. I mean an official press release of good news as to be a good sign. Let's all hope! :)

kinzeb
October 20th, 2007, 12:05 AM
no

SGFerrit
October 20th, 2007, 04:48 AM
no

Yes. lol.

Seriously though, I think he will be referring to the Lifeline press release, or something? Didn't he say he didn't expect word on the pickup until next week?

Well, atleast we should know within 7 days, either way. I'm getting tired of waiting. I REALLY hope we got that season 5. After such a fantastic start to season 4, I think the cast and crew deserve it.

Mattathias2.0
October 20th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Given the postive news, the promotion, and such - I say a "Yes".

ToasterOnFire
October 20th, 2007, 02:19 PM
With the recent news of a 1.4 for the premiere I'm starting to think that SGA will indeed get renewed. It still won't surprise me if it doesn't though.

At this point I'm debating whether or not I'll stick around for s5 anyway. My interest in the series has been waning for a while and the new eps haven't really changed that. :S

Briangate78
October 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
With the recent news of a 1.4 for the premiere I'm starting to think that SGA will indeed get renewed. It still won't surprise me if it doesn't though.

At this point I'm debating whether or not I'll stick around for s5 anyway. My interest in the series has been waning for a while and the new eps haven't really changed that. :S

Yeah, it was a very nice jump, people only expected maybe a 1.3 at most! As per not being interested anymore, I'm so sorry, I wish I could say something to make you feel otherwise, but it's is your choice and I have no right to question your opinions. :)

HD89
October 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, it was a very nice jump, people only expected maybe a 1.3 at most! As per not being interested anymore, I'm so sorry, I wish I could say something to make you feel otherwise, but it's is your choice and I have no right to question your opinions. :)

I'm sorry as well. I just think that the 4th season has been so great this far. And I feel bad for people who consider giving the show up :( I think it's only going to get better.

Mitchell82
October 21st, 2007, 08:05 PM
no

Always one spoil sport. Still I disagree. So far it looks like a great posibility.

Briangate78
October 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
Ghost Hunters 1.5
Eureka 1.4
ECW 1.2
Stargate Atlantis 1.1
Doctor Who 1.0
Grizzly Rage 1.0
Bionic Woman 0.9
Dark Ride 0.9
Timeline 0.9
Marabunta 0.8

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 10/1/07 -- 10/07/07

Official Ratings to date...
Adrift - 1.4
Lifeline - TBD

Astraldust
October 22nd, 2007, 02:51 AM
Ghost Hunters 1.5
Eureka 1.4
ECW 1.2
Stargate Atlantis 1.1
Doctor Who 1.0
Grizzly Rage 1.0
Bionic Woman 0.9
Dark Ride 0.9
Timeline 0.9
Marabunta 0.8

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 10/1/07 -- 10/07/07

Official Ratings to date...
Adrift - 1.4
Lifeline - TBD

It's a bit disappointing that the unofficial rating for Lifeline wasn't a little better than that. :(

I'm trying to stay positive about renewal but it's very hard. Especially as it's taking so long for them to come to a decision. I just wish they'd say yes or no and put us out of our misery.

Atlantis deserves a fifth season as it's a great show. My favorite. And if it dies because of some totally unfair and outdated rating system, then there is no justice in TV land. :(

SGFerrit
October 22nd, 2007, 03:03 AM
It's not that bad. It's staying pretty much even with s3.5. I was expecting worse considering Adrift was a premiere. Wasn't SGA regularly pulling in 1.2s and 1.1s during the second half of last season. It's hardly sinking like some would try and get you to believe. It's sinking considerably less than season 3 did anyway lol.

Briangate78
October 22nd, 2007, 10:48 AM
It's not that bad. It's staying pretty much even with s3.5. I was expecting worse considering Adrift was a premiere. Wasn't SGA regularly pulling in 1.2s and 1.1s during the second half of last season. It's hardly sinking like some would try and get you to believe. It's sinking considerably less than season 3 did anyway lol.

Let's compare Season 3.5 to now....

1. DVR is now being official counted and bumped "Adrift" to a 1.4(A very good number to the network now)

2. SGA does not have SG-1 to support it. SGA has the high quality Flash Gordon for a lead in. :rolleyes:

3. SGA is competiting in the most competitve season, the fall season.

4. SGA is on @ 10pm which is the most DVR'd timeslot.

SGFerrit
October 22nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
According to the Gateworld release, the 1.4 for Adrift is the all important 'C3' number.

Briangate78
October 22nd, 2007, 11:49 AM
According to the Gateworld release, the 1.4 for Adrift is the all important 'C3' number.

Well there you go. That is about 2 million viewers tuning into the show and watching the horrible commercials! :P

I am curious how GH does DVR wise. I could swear it is not a top DVR'd show. We know Eureka is a top show like SGA. I just think it will be awesome if SGA can actually rise above GH's total numbers when they bump up SGA, with their total numbers. So far looks like they tied for the premiere 1.4 vs 1.4! I betcha Eureka also got a 1.4 that week! :p

metabog
October 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM

They really don't have anything better to show. I'm sure they're better off canceling on of the shows with even lower ratings, like Dr. Who or w/e, darkrider.

Falcon Horus
October 22nd, 2007, 12:32 PM
They really don't have anything better to show. I'm sure they're better off canceling on of the shows with even lower ratings, like Dr. Who or w/e, darkrider.

They can't cancel Dr. Who since it's not theirs to cancel. They can take it off the air, yes, but not cancel it.

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
October 22nd, 2007, 02:04 PM
Atlantis will get a fifth season but that will be the end.

Arwen Undomiel
October 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
They can take it off the air, yes, but not cancel it.

I think he meant that.

But really, Sci-fi should stay Atlantis on air for at least one more season, since with the low ratings nowdays Sci-fi gets, it's one of their best show, and they should continue the Stargate franchise with it.

Briangate78
October 22nd, 2007, 03:14 PM
I think he meant that.

But really, Sci-fi should stay Atlantis on air for at least one more season, since with the low ratings nowdays Sci-fi gets, it's one of their best show, and they should continue the Stargate franchise with it.

The DVR has been a major factor. You believe the Adrift premiere almost got the same as "No Man's Land" like 14 months ago? I think one more season is a go, but past Season 5, they need to stay even and perhaps even do a little better.

SGFerrit
October 22nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
I'm hoping for the show to go to seven seasons. After that, Universe can take the lead. I also hope for a couple of Atlantis movies, and some more SG-1 movies too:)

That's what I hope for. I doubt I will get it, but there is a possibility. I can't wait days to learn whether or not Atlantis will continue! I need to know now!:(

Do you think we will definately be getting an annoucement this week?

Mitchell82
October 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Let's compare Season 3.5 to now....

1. DVR is now being official counted and bumped "Adrift" to a 1.4(A very good number to the network now)

2. SGA does not have SG-1 to support it. SGA has the high quality Flash Gordon for a lead in. :rolleyes:

3. SGA is competiting in the most competitve season, the fall season.

4. SGA is on @ 10pm which is the most DVR'd timeslot.

Great points and love the roll eyes about Flash Gordon. I expect it to be canned soon.

Briangate78
October 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
Great points and love the roll eyes about Flash Gordon. I expect it to be canned soon.

Silly me almost posted this in the Anti-thread. Well let me say it here. You see the 1.1 and 1.2 right? No Man's Land got a 1.5 for the season premiere, that number would most likely not be effected because DVR was not an issue over 12 months ago. I believe Joe M said the first half of Season 3 had a bump from 1.58 to 1.68! That was the DVR + 7 report not + 3!

SGA's Adrift went from a 1.2 to a 1.4 after a 3 Day playback. I'm curious what the + 7 number is, maybe a 1.5! wink wink!

These numbers we see don't really matter, it is the cost of production for SGA and the key demograhpics that SGA captures. From all this I think there will be a 5th season.

Briangate78
October 23rd, 2007, 07:30 AM
Did anyone read this on the Gateworld homepage...

According to executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, "Adrift" received a bump to "around a 1.4" rating in Nielsen's "C3" (Live + 3 Day Commercial) rating. "C3" measures the number of viewers who are watching the commercials that air with an episode within three days of the original broadcast -- a number much more important to advertisers, and therefore key to the show's renewal chances.

The season premiere's "Live + 7 Day" rating further showed that Stargate Atlantis has not lost its audience from one year ago. Rather, more and more viewers have time-shifted away from the Friday night broadcast.

Take No Man's land which premiered about 14 months ago from Adrift. DVR was not an issue and was only maybe effecting overall network ratings by like 8% according to Nielsen. No Man's Land premiered with a 1.5, now lets do the comparision...

There are some facts and speculation in this, since we know that DVR use had more than doubled...

Adrift = 1.2 + 0.2(Offical Live + 3) + 0.1(Approx Live + 7) = 1.5
No Man's Land = 1.5 + 0.0(Live + 3 did not exsist) + 0.1(+7) = 1.5 to 1.6

DONNA BOOTH
October 23rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Some excellent points raised but i think if the ratings continue to get better throughout the season then i don't see why there wont be a season 5 im hoping it goes beyond season 5 at aleast as long as SG1 did and possibly 1 or 2 more movies

Arwen Undomiel
October 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
But they rely only on the first 4 or 5 episode's rating I think...

WingedPegasus
October 23rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Atlantis will get a fifth season but that will be the end.

Is this just your personal opinion, or is it based on something I don't know about?

Falcon Horus
October 23rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
Is this just your personal opinion, or is it based on something I don't know about?

My guess...personal opinion. Or it could be based on Briangate78's elaborate explanations on the viewing numbers.

Mitchell82
October 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Some excellent points raised but i think if the ratings continue to get better throughout the season then i don't see why there wont be a season 5 im hoping it goes beyond season 5 at aleast as long as SG1 did and possibly 1 or 2 more movies

Agreed! To Infinity and Beyond! *if anyone doesnt get this then you gys need to get out more.*;)

Koshi700
October 23rd, 2007, 05:28 PM
Hey,

I'm just curious about this. Do you think they include downloads of the eps. Say from Itunes? I don't get sci-fi, so I buy my eps from Itunes. Do they consider that when coming up with the ratings for the week? **scratches head** It would make sense to...but then...we are talking about Sci-fi here. ;)

Briangate78
October 23rd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Hey,

I'm just curious about this. Do you think they include downloads of the eps. Say from Itunes? I don't get sci-fi, so I buy my eps from Itunes. Do they consider that when coming up with the ratings for the week? **scratches head** It would make sense to...but then...we are talking about Sci-fi here. ;)

Well the Sci-fi network looks at them as popularity but they are not counted towards their revenue. However, MGM counts them and if the sales are very high, they will make more of an effort to get another season of SGA aired on Sci-fi.

Agent_Dark
October 23rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
YES IT WILL GET A FIFTH SEASON

lolololol

arjumand
October 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh yeah, oh yeah, we got a Fifth Season (does celebratory dance inside head)!

Trek_Girl42
October 24th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Being right never felt so good. :D

Arwen Undomiel
October 24th, 2007, 12:44 AM
At least Atlantis also have the 100. episode. :D

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 04:28 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh yeah, oh yeah, we got a Fifth Season (does celebratory dance inside head)!

YES IT WILL GET A FIFTH SEASON

lolololol

Thanks everyone for who was optomistic. :) So I guess those C3 reports did well! :p

ReganX
October 24th, 2007, 05:04 AM
YAY! :) :sam: :)

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 06:55 AM
Ok I think this thread has done it's job! Mission acomplished, moving on...

Do you think there will be a Season 6? LOL! :D

ussrelativity
October 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Our questions have now been answered.

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Our questions have now been answered.

I knew Sci-fi would not cancel SGA, too much was riding on it. After the DVR issue and now the C3 numbers are actually helping more than hurting the final numbers. So bacically everything was just perfectly timed and in the right place.

ussrelativity
October 24th, 2007, 07:34 AM
I knew Sci-fi would not cancel SGA, too much was riding on it. After the DVR issue and now the C3 numbers are actually helping more than hurting the final numbers. So bacically everything was just perfectly timed and in the right place.

The improvements in ratings guides have certainly helped the show.

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM
The improvements in ratings guides have certainly helped the show.

Well I've been saying that SGA could not have started it's 4th season at a better time. DVR bleedoff, BSG ending, New Sci-fi dramas failing, Writer's strike, and etc.

WingedPegasus
October 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Yes. I certainly do think there will be a season 5. :D

MechaThor
October 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
"Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?"

HELL YEAH!

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 02:53 PM

Hmmm, I have to think about this. I am going to say.......

YUP!!!! :p

Niteshadow
October 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM

me neither i mean once there finally killed sg1. it's only a matter of time tell there cancel SGA I mean come on it's not like the show's first 4 epsiodes haven't been amazing or anything ...ya know scifi has been trying to get rid of it for years.........oh wait

atlantis_babe34
October 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Bring on the 100th baby!:D

Niteshadow
October 24th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Bring on the 100th baby!:D

yes and PLEASE NO WORMHOLE EXTREME:mckay:

Mattathias2.0
October 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
yes and PLEASE NO WORMHOLE EXTREME:mckay:

I honestly think that type of ep as a cliffhanger would be disastrous!

I'd prefer a unique cliffhanger, a massive space battle, or something of galactic proportions.

Niteshadow
October 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM
I honestly think that type of ep as a cliffhanger would be disastrous!

I'd prefer a unique cliffhanger, a massive space battle, or something of galactic proportions.

mckay actually can't fix a problem :eek:

Oka
October 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
I knew it. Seriously, I never gave up hope. I've been reading a lot of negativity (as well as optimism), but I know it was unfounded. The ratings aren't bad, don't let the antis get you down. Season 5, hell yes!

Mitchell82
October 24th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I knew it. Seriously, I never gave up hope. I've been reading a lot of negativity (as well as optimism), but I know it was unfounded. The ratings aren't bad, don't let the antis get you down. Season 5, hell yes!

See? Being optimistic helps doesnt it? *end sarcasam*;)

Briangate78
October 24th, 2007, 06:23 PM

If a Season to date average of 1.84 million viewers is bad, they better just shut down the entire network, lol! :p

Mitchell82
October 25th, 2007, 12:46 PM
If a Season to date average of 1.84 million viewers is bad, they better just shut down the entire network, lol! :p

They probably should since the neilson system is far from perfect.

Briangate78
October 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
They probably should since the neilson system is far from perfect.

I was thinking of signing up for Nielsen, but because we have Direct TV and not cable I don't think we can. I think you must have cable. So there is one major flaw. Last time I checked, I don't think I am the only one with Satellite. :S

It would interesting, I think they would count my household as 5 people, since we have 5 active TVs!

Arwen Undomiel
October 25th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I was thinking of signing up for Nielsen, but because we have Direct TV and not cable I don't think we can. I think you must have cable. So there is one major flaw. Last time I checked, I don't think I am the only one with Satellite. :S

It would interesting, I think they would count my household as 5 people, since we have 5 active TVs!

Wow. 5? How big is your house? :D And what's dircet tv? (I think I know what cable is)

Platschu
October 25th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Arwen, my dear, have you never heard about watching TV in kitchen, bathroom, garage, living room or bedroom? :D

I think this thread should be closed, because season 5 is official now! :cool:

Briangate78
October 25th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Wow. 5? How big is your house? :D And what's dircet tv? (I think I know what cable is)

Direct TV is a Satellite provider. Like how Comcast is to cable. As per Satellite, i don't think there is a way to be counted towards the ratings at all. :(

Arwen Undomiel
October 25th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Arwen, my dear, have you never heard about watching TV in kitchen, bathroom, garage, living room or bedroom? :D

I think this thread should be closed, because season 5 is official now! :cool:

Tv in a bathroom? That would be weird. :D Ok, we have two, in two rooms, but that's more than enough.

walkoff2
October 26th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Is it too early to talk about whether or not there will be a season 6?

Briangate78
October 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Is it too early to talk about whether or not there will be a season 6?

Next year at this time we should be asking that question. So yup, we got ourselves another whole year of SGA! Woo hoo! :p

Arwen Undomiel
October 28th, 2007, 02:30 AM
For the ones that doubting the 100th episode will be like Wormhole extreme or not...

From JM's blog:

Zabadoo writes: “1.)For Atlantis's 100th episode, do you think you guys will do something epic or comical? 2.)Will any other major characters (Sheppard, Ronan, Teyla, McKay, Zelenka, Keller, Carter) bite the dust this season?”

Answers: 1) Since it will be the season-ender, it will not be comical. 2)

I was pretty sure about it, but good to hear a little confirmation on this.

Briangate78
October 28th, 2007, 06:45 AM
For the ones that doubting the 100th episode will be like Wormhole extreme or not...

From JM's blog:

I was pretty sure about it, but good to hear a little confirmation on this.

Well that's good. I was hoping it would not be comical. I hates Wormhole X-treme.

As per it being a season vs series finale. I am going to go with Season.

Mitchell82
October 28th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Well that's good. I was hoping it would not be comical. I hates Wormhole X-treme.

As per it being a season vs series finale. I am going to go with Season.

He said season in his blog so I hope that's the case I want way more than 5 years. As per it not being comical I never doubted because this is way different from SG-1's 100th.

Briangate78
October 28th, 2007, 02:59 PM
He said season in his blog so I hope that's the case I want way more than 5 years. As per it not being comical I never doubted because this is way different from SG-1's 100th.

The ratings are so complexed now, who knows what is good or bad anymore. :S I am sorta hoping for a Summer premiere, but I think Sci-fi is loving the fact that SGA is attracting viewers to their Friday nights as GH is attracting people to Wednesday nights. It truly is a good match for the network. This alone, I think SGA will be around for a couple of more seasons.

kinzeb
February 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Okay, I was wrong. There will be a season 5 of something that somewhat resembles Stargate Atlantis.

Pharaoh Atem
February 20th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Okay, I was wrong. There will be a season 5 of something that somewhat resembles Stargate Atlantis.

it's the same show just a different line up :)

Briangate78
February 20th, 2008, 06:49 AM

LOL, yeah there is one character that won't be back next season. Not much of a change if you ask me. :p BTW, look when I posted this thread. :p

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
It's exactly the same show.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 10:50 AM

:indeed:

LOL, yeah there is one character that won't be back next season. Not much of a change if you ask me. :p BTW, look when I posted this thread. :p

wait another month and people will talk about s6 ;) :D

Carter1994
February 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Wait another month and people will talk about s6 ;)

Month? I'd give it a couple of weeks :D

Briangate78
February 20th, 2008, 05:11 PM
As much as I love to gloat about this thread, do you think it may be wise to just lock it up? :S

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 05:16 PM
Month? I'd give it a couple of weeks :D

you mean like 3-4 weeks? :P

As much as I love to gloat about this thread, do you think it may be wise to just lock it up? :S

always the mod right? :P seriously though this thread serves no purpose - not anymore

Briangate78
February 20th, 2008, 05:19 PM
you mean like 3-4 weeks? :P

always the mod right? :P seriously though this thread serves no purpose - not anymore

Here lets have a proper send off....

Mission

Accomplished

Season 5

in

Production

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 06:02 PM

Mission

Accomplished

Season 5

in

Production
Agreed. THis thread is done.

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 06:26 PM
You know I don't think there will be a season 5 :P I mean look how awfully boring S4 was... and S3... S2... and S1... Why the hell are we watching this anyway I mean nothing happens it's just a blank black screen...

...Oh wait I forgot to turn the TV on! :P:P:P

Mission

Accomplished

Season 5

in

Production

Yup :D

On to the next mission... S6! :P

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM
You know I don't think there will be a season 5 :P I mean look how awfully boring S4 was... and S3... S2... and S1... Why the hell are we watching this anyway I mean nothing happens it's just a blank black screen...

"Your mission should you choose to accept it is get as many people to support SGA as you can to make sure it continues as long as possible. This topic will self destruct in 5 seconds.";)

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 06:31 PM

let me be the first to say...
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator5340943.jpg

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM
"Your mission should you choose to accept it is get as many people to support SGA as you can to make sure it continues as long as possible. This topic will self destruct in 5 seconds.";)

Here Mitch can you hold this for me a minute... *Runs to a safe distance* :P

let me be the first to say...
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator5340943.jpg

Noooooo! not a Kavanagh motivator pic! :P

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/Adriadispleased.jpg

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Noooooo! not a Kavanagh motivator pic! :P

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator1518489.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/Smilies%20-%20GiFs%20-%20etc/ththMURDERERRRR.gif

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator5065706.jpg

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator1518489.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/Dominarthor.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator5065706.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/dentistry.jpg

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 06:47 PM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/Dominarthor.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator7046397.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/FenRiR_FoXz/dentistry.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator4446875.jpg

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator7046397.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/motivator4446875.jpg

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :D

I've run out at the moment, didn't really bother making many posters :P

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM
ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :D

I've run out at the moment, didn't really bother making many posters :P

LOL yeah we better stop. besides it's totally OT :P

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
LOL yeah we better stop. besides it's totally OT :P

Technically though isn't this thread redundant now? :P

jelgate
February 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
The Jelgate in his infinate wisdom and power dubs this Will their be a Season 6 thread.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Technically though isn't this thread redundant now? :P

I guess it is :P

The Jelgate in his infinate wisdom and power dubs this Will their be a Season 6 thread.

awesome :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Shouldn't the Jelgate in his infinate wisdom create such a thread where hope for another great year of SGA can prosper? :P

jelgate
February 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
In full honesty, I think it is to early to speculate

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Otherwise I would have opened the thread myself :P

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM

that depends. ratings and viewership are more than ok, the stories are interesting and a much loved character returns in s5. I'd say things are looking good :)

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 07:12 PM
that depends. ratings and viewership are more than ok, the stories are interesting and a much loved character returns in s5. I'd say things are looking good :)

Well then open up another thread for "Do you think there will be a 6th season" :D

*I can see people pouring in saying it's too early for that kind of talk* :P

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well then open up another thread for "Do you think there will be a 6th season" :D

*I can see people pouring in saying it's too early for that kind of talk* :P

I'm just saying things are looking good ;) and no I won't open up another thread :P

jelgate
February 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I would wait until the season finale. I have my guesses on the possibility a 6th season but I will wait.

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I would wait until the season finale. I have my guesses on the possibility a 6th season but I will wait.

my thoughts exactly. let's enjoy s4 and the hints for s5 for now and we'll talk about s6 in 3 weeks ;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I'm just saying things are looking good ;) and no I won't open up another thread :P

Yeah, we should leave the honor to Brian :P

:indeed: I would really like to have a 6th season but unfortunately it's not up to me :(

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, we should leave the honor to Brian :P

:lol: it doesn't have to be Brian, it's just too early ;)

:indeed: I would really like to have a 6th season but unfortunately it's not up to me :(

LOL if only it were :P

Fenrir Foxz
February 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
LOL if only it were :P

Yup :D That would be awsome... Lucious returns, DEAD! :D

Kavanagh returns, major whumpage then DEAD! :D

...Other cool stuff would happen aswell :P

*But that would be a story for another day ;)*

Jumper_One
February 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Yup :D That would be awsome... Lucious returns, DEAD! :D

Kavanagh returns, major whumpage then DEAD! :D

...Other cool stuff would happen aswell :P

great ideas :D

*But that would be a story for another day ;)*

Ripple in Space
February 22nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
Do you feel there is a good chance for a Season 5?

yes

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
yes

:lol: :indeed:

Starxgate
February 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
This thread is irreverent

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM

and yet people are still posting :P

Chrisisall
February 22nd, 2008, 06:23 PM
and yet people are still posting :PI haven't even finished season two yet...cool! More to come! YAHOOO!!!

A too-excited newbieisall

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I haven't even finished season two yet...cool! More to come! YAHOOO!!!

wow! s2? have fun dude, the show keeps getting better ;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
yes

Yup, I already pointed that out several posts ago :P

and yet people are still posting :P

Why not? :P

I haven't even finished season two yet...cool! More to come! YAHOOO!!!

How I envy the enjoyment you're going to have with S3 and 4 :D

wow! s2? have fun dude, the show keeps getting better ;)

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Why not? :P

IDK :P

Trig
July 22nd, 2008, 06:41 AM
I'm not sure about SGA now, its almost like Sam was brought over due to fan pressure, Becketts also cropped up again, just gotta wait for Ford to make a reappearance now :/

Mind you Weir didnt die did she, shes still out there somewhere..

Howabout, Weir teams up with the Atlantis lot to take out Michael and everyone thinks everything's rosey, however Weir isn't actually the Weir everyone knew and the Relicator side of her has had a dark plan all along to find out where Atlantis had been moved too so she could access the gate and get back to Earth where shes got lots of plan especially as theres a power vacuum in the Milky Way at the mo due to there being no System Lords, no Asgard etc etc..
Would nicely end Season 5 with the death of Michael and give us a new bad guy for Season 6...

Ripple in Space
July 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'm not sure about SGA now, its almost like Sam was brought over due to fan pressure, Becketts also cropped up again, just gotta wait for Ford to make a reappearance now :/

Mind you Weir didnt die did she, shes still out there somewhere..

Howabout, Weir teams up with the Atlantis lot to take out Michael and everyone thinks everything's rosey, however Weir isn't actually the Weir everyone knew and the Relicator side of her has had a dark plan all along to find out where Atlantis had been moved too so she could access the gate and get back to Earth where shes got lots of plan especially as theres a power vacuum in the Milky Way at the mo due to there being no System Lords, no Asgard etc etc..
Would nicely end Season 5 with the death of Michael and give us a new bad guy for Season 6...

Weir was supposed to be recurring, but her portrayer, Torri Higginson, doesn't wish to return.

Trig
July 22nd, 2008, 07:19 AM
Doesnt mean they cant get someone else to play her or replace her with her relicaweir 2nd in command...

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Doesnt mean they cant get someone else to play her or replace her with her relicaweir 2nd in command...

That woud never happen. For one her storyline will end in an ep this year by FRAN and two the IOA would never let a replicator on the base.

Ripple in Space
July 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
That woud never happen. For one her storyline will end in an ep this year by FRAN and two the IOA would never let a replicator on the base.

RepliWeir wasn't a Replicator. She was fully human, and a blast from an ARG might have killed all her nanites making her as human as anyone else.

Jumper_One
July 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
RepliWeir wasn't a Replicator. She was fully human, and a blast from an ARG might have killed all her nanites making her as human as anyone else.

true but then she'd be dead