Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sure hope it gets alot more than 4 seasons,it's one of the best Sci-fi shows on the telly now,i never watch episodes on the net,i wait till it's on Sky to watch it but the only problem is they don't take into account the viewing figures in the U.K.it goes by the viewing figures in the U.S.

They're ain't so much Sci-fi shows on the telly now and it is my fave genre!
    sigpic

Comment

i am hoping there will be a season five. i am still upset about SG-1 being cancelled (it would have been better if the writers/actors had decided to end it) and if Atlantis is taken from us too then i dont know what i will watch. All the good sci-fi shows have been killed off

I too watch stargate on sky one (and the repeats on sky one and two every day ) I wish they would take into account viewing figures from the UK and other countries!!!!
      Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
      sigpic
      sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

I also don't download the episodes, but I doubt that there are much more that don't do it.

Yes, that is really the problem. There are not a lot good science fiction series on air at the moment and almost all the good ones get cancelled.

And if it comes to the decision who is going to be cancelled and who not, only one country is counted, not all others.

Comment

I hope they relese this season at the same time in the most contrys so no one can download.
          moore seasons= very happy me
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
            I hope they relese this season at the same time in the most contrys so no one can download.
            moore seasons= very happy me
            That is almost impossible. A lot countries prefer to have foreign series in their own languages, so all the episodes have to be translated and the new voices have to be put over the old ones.

Also it would take much longer for all the episodes to get released, because of the translating and if the translators are forced to hurry up everything is going to get more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Alissa View Post
              That is almost impossible. A lot countries prefer to have foreign series in their own languages, so all the episodes have to be translated and the new voices have to be put over the old ones.

Also it would take much longer for all the episodes to get released, because of the translating and if the translators are forced to hurry up everything is going to get more expensive.
              yes but atleast Great Brittan, Canada and America at the same time
              sigpic

Comment

But what is the use of this? You speak of three countries, but there are a lot more that get Stargate and all of this people have to wait almost one year if not longer to get the newest season. So these people are still going to download the episodes somewhere, because they want to new episodes too and don't want to wait.

Comment

Don't they show it at the same time in the U.K. and the U.S. it's normally on around September/October time in Britain?
                  sigpic

Comment

I have no answer to that but IMO it would be great if no one downloaded
                    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know when the season 3 DVD boxset will be released,i'm downloading the whole season just now but that's only until i can get the DVD's!
                      sigpic

Comment

Would they really kill two Stargate series back to back? Remember last year they non-renewed SG-1. It would be around the same time this year they have to make decision for SGA.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                          I agree with you whole heartedly, that's why I was surprised by the poster who said the ratings were too low. They were low on average but JM said continously that they're low all round. ECW was in the 2.0+ bracket and was pushed down to 1.4-1.6 that says a lot.
                          The ratings do appear to be down for skiffy shows overall. However, as I've stated over in the ratings thread, the Stargates and BSG appear to have taken more of a ratings hit. Those three shows used to be at the top of skiffy's Top 10, at least until ECW came along. But now they're consistently displaced by skiffy Saturday movies and minseries and TV show reruns, which are generally cheaper for skiffy to air.

If this overall ratings slide had affected all shows similarly, then the ratings would have been down for everything but the order of the shows would have stayed the same. In other words, the Stargates and BSG should have stayed at the top or second after ECW. Since that's not the case, it points out that those shows have declined more in the ratings than can be explained away by an overall decrease in TV/network viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Would they really kill two Stargate series back to back? Remember last year they non-renewed SG-1. It would be around the same time this year they have to make decision for SGA.
                            The bigger question is whether they would end BSG and cancel Atlantis in the same year...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              The bigger question is whether they would end BSG and cancel Atlantis in the same year...
                              Can you say network suicide? What else do they have ECW?

BTW, that was another pro for a season 5. That BSG was ending after 4.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                                If this overall ratings slide had affected all shows similarly, then the ratings would have been down for everything but the order of the shows would have stayed the same. In other words, the Stargates and BSG should have stayed at the top or second after ECW. Since that's not the case, it points out that those shows have declined more in the ratings than can be explained away by an overall decrease in TV/network viewing.
                                In my opinion this has happened because they tried to have original programming all year long and because of this the scifi friday had to die. When they made the decision to put at least Galactica into another timeslot they almost signed the death penalty for all three series. The series supported each other and were not able to live without the other one.

Comment

Working...
                                X