PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard 4.0

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 27th, 2007, 05:08 PM
I was worried about this movie after loving the first three(well the 2nd not as much), I was worried that it may seem out of date and not in tune anymore. Fortunately, my worries = FAIL because Live Free or Die Hard is supposed to be awesome.:cameron:

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/live_free_or_die_hard/

So now, we can all die happy.:) I'll be going to see it.

the fifth man
June 27th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I'll definitely be going to see this movie. Not sure when, but I will see it. Maybe after I see Transformers.

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 28th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Well I'm just glad it's not crap lol

I was expecting the worst when I heard DH4 was a 12...

BeckettRulez
June 28th, 2007, 02:30 AM
And there is "I'm a mac" guy*giggles*.

P-90_177
June 28th, 2007, 02:43 AM
i can't wait to see this movie. it looks soooo cool.

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 28th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Kevin Smith has a small role in it from what I've seen in the trailer.

haha 'This isn't a secret lab....(laughs) It's a basement'

P-90_177
June 28th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Kevin Smith has a small role in it from what I've seen in the trailer.

haha 'This isn't a secret lab....(laughs) It's a basement'

think you got the quote wrong there mate.

It should be:

Guy: What's this he doing in my command centre!!!
McClane: Hahaha! Command centre *mockingly*!!! It's a basement!

BeckettRulez
June 28th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Who's Kevin Smith? Was it the bigger guy in the basement scene?

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 28th, 2007, 02:59 AM
think you got the quote wrong there mate.

It should be:

Guy: What's this he doing in my command centre!!!
McClane: Hahaha! Command centre *mockingly*!!! It's a basement!
sorry. Wikiquote by any chance?

Who's Kevin Smith? Was it the bigger guy in the basement scene?
Yeah.

Kevin's also a director and writer, he made Dogma and Jay & Silent Bob lol

P-90_177
June 28th, 2007, 03:01 AM
sorry. Wikiquote by any chance?

Nope. Just remember the trailer well.

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 28th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Nope. Just remember the trailer well.

ah right lol

BeckettRulez
June 28th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Kevin's also a director and writer, he made Dogma and Jay & Silent Bob lol

Aha, okay;-) Thanks.

Anubis69
June 29th, 2007, 03:30 AM
We were all having a chat last night about how awesome this film is gonna be. Still, it's got nothing on Rambo 4. I mean... come on... HE USED THE MOUNTED MACHINE GUN ON THE GUY IN THE JEEP!!!!!

I was expecting the worst when I heard DH4 was a 12...
Is it not a 15 now?

Admiral Mappalazarou
June 29th, 2007, 03:38 AM
We were all having a chat last night about how awesome this film is gonna be. Still, it's got nothing on Rambo 4. I mean... come on... HE USED THE MOUNTED MACHINE GUN ON THE GUY IN THE JEEP!!!!!

Is it not a 15 now?

I've never seen Rambo lol and I heard DH4 was a 12...:S

Anubis69
June 29th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Nor have I. It's probably some form of blaspheme in many cultures. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtqyJ7j1YOM

It starts getting good about 2mins.

I'm not sure, the advert I saw on TV first said "12A TBC" then the second I saw said 15. I make a point of never watching 12A's after the disappointment of Terminator 3 so I really do hope it's a 15.

Doze
June 29th, 2007, 04:00 AM
^^ 12... 15... 12A? What are you talking about?

Anubis69
June 29th, 2007, 05:32 AM
The rating the BBFC give films stating which age and above can see a film. 12A is when someone between 12 and 15 can see the film as long as an adult's present.

Doze
June 29th, 2007, 07:14 AM
The rating the BBFC give films stating which age and above can see a film. 12A is when someone between 12 and 15 can see the film as long as an adult's present.Ahh. OK, now I see. I was not making heads or tails of was was being said. Thanks! :cool:

June 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM
The rating the BBFC give films stating which age and above can see a film. 12A is when someone between 12 and 15 can see the film as long as an adult's present.

actually, quoting directly from the BBFC site

12A – Suitable for 12 years and over. No-one younger than 12 may see a ‘12A’ film in a cinema unless accompanied by an adult. No-one younger than 12 may rent or buy a ‘12’ rated video or DVD. Responsibility for allowing under-12s to view lies with the accompanying or supervising adult.
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/classification/c_12.php

June 29th, 2007, 07:18 AM

12A – Suitable for 12 years and over. No-one younger than 12 may see a ‘12A’ film in a cinema unless accompanied by an adult. No-one younger than 12 may rent or buy a ‘12’ rated video or DVD. Responsibility for allowing under-12s to view lies with the accompanying or supervising adult.

so actually a 12A is less than a 12

link to bbfc info on die hard 4

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/recent/index.php?media=film

Anubis69
June 29th, 2007, 07:25 AM

so actually a 12A is less than a 12

link to bbfc info on die hard 4

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/recent/index.php?media=film
Touché! :D Nice find.

I still stand by my statement regarding the quality of 12A's though.

Lilith
July 6th, 2007, 06:26 AM
personally, after seeing the movie myself.... i did enjoy it.... if you're looking for a movie that has non-stop explosives/shooting/someone getting the crap beaten out of them, you won't be disappointed.... there are some really good jokes, but it's mostly geared to people who actually know how to use technology :p my only regret is that McClane doesn't say "Yippy Cyyay Mother-f*****" until the very end, and then you don't even get hear the f***** b/c of a gun shot.... but all in all, i heard the movie was gonna be a sever let down and thankfully it wasn't!

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 6th, 2007, 05:05 PM
^errr he says it in the end of all of the Die Hard movies....that's why it's so special...

Anyways, seen it - LOVED IT!!!

The best in order are;

Die Hard
Die Hard 3
Die Hard 4
Die Hard 2

GO WATCH!

the fifth man
July 6th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I still have to go see this one. Check it out for myself.

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 7th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Spoilers for Die Hard 4.0

My favourite bit is where John is thrown out of the window by that 'hot asian chick', and gets in car - drives it all of the way up to the top floor and rams her through a bunch of offices before throwing her and the car down into a lift shaft.

And then telling her boyfriend all about it afterwards.:cameron:

Awesometastic.

Lilith
July 7th, 2007, 01:36 PM
dude!! we had wolf whistles and cat calls during that whole sequence... i was with a very vocal audience... but in a good way... def heightened the experience :p

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
or...

More Spoilers for Die Hard 4.0

Or after the multi-car crashes in the tunnel, and John just gives up. Begins mumbling to himself angrily as he abandons that kid, gets in a random car and drives it into the helicopter outside - ofcourse defying the laws of gravity.

Lilith
July 7th, 2007, 05:36 PM
of course! i especially liked when he was fighting that guy on his way to rescue his daughter and the kid above those grinding vents... haha, spiderman! more like spidermonkey! :p

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 7th, 2007, 05:56 PM
of course! i especially liked when he was fighting that guy on his way to rescue his daughter and the kid above those grinding vents... haha, spiderman! more like spidermonkey! :p
I can't believe that guy, how the hell did he move like that?

Atleast he got thrown into a fan. :)

Lilith
July 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
oh i know!! one review i read before watching the movie called the bad guys, "acrobatic gymnists"... after i saw that sequence, i couldn't blame them!

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
lol awesome movie

Naonak
July 12th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Awesome film. I've not seen DH2 for years, so I'm not sure how it compares to it, but it's better than DH3.

Random thoughts from the movie:
Aha! McClane likes Creedence Clearwater Revival! He's even cooler than I thought!

Agent Johnson... :D Did anybody else get that? *looks around cinema* No?

Is that Tuvok? That's Tuvok!

How is that woman still alive? She got hit by a car and slammed into the wall of an elevator shaft!

He's being chased by a fighter jet... Is this cool or just silly? :o (I'm still not decided, although it was pretty cool...)

Kirath
July 13th, 2007, 05:19 AM
stuff blow up good.

LoneStar1836
July 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Awesome film. I've not seen DH2 for years, so I'm not sure how it compares to it, but it's better than DH3.I thought it was better than 2 and 3 but the original is still the best.

But it was rather weird to not have all the cursing. I was watching 2 a couple of days ago, and in one scene I'd swear they had more cursing in that one scene than in all of 4. :D

Is that Tuvok? That's Tuvok!lol. Every time he was on screen all I could think was Tuvok.

He's being chased by a fighter jet... Is this cool or just silly? :o (I'm still not decided, although it was pretty cool...)Silly. Had to shake my head at that one but........

stuff blow up good.Exactly. :zelenka25: That's how I got past the fighter jet chase.

:D