Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A NEW GOD!!....what new god should be on stargate??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A NEW GOD!!....what new god should be on stargate??

WHat new god should there be?? Personally I want something like the featherd serpent of the AZtecS.......I want to see a relation between it and a goauld symbiote...................what new god should come out/.??
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

THE AZTEC.........make an AZTEC piramid ship.!!!!
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
      ...................what new god should come out/.??
      I'm in favour of somebody fairly serious like...Well, Sutekh and Sekhmet spring to mind, but never mind.

Alternatively, there's the various types I've used in my fanfics (naturally they're the ones I'd like to see, that's why I wrote them), like the Canaanite war goddess Astarte, Athena, or Nike. Mostly female, since male deities have a tendency to be sexually-obsessed, knuckle-dragging apes; the smart ones are all female, and smart is what would really make a Goa'uld stand out.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'd love to see the crocodile god Sobek. They'd have some great armor!
        -- Gotta love those guys... --

Comment

Originally posted by SenorCardgage
          Didn't he get his head chopped off by Bastet and Kali at a party? (c.f. sexually-obsessed knuckle-draggers).

Comment

Originally posted by SenorCardgage
            SPOILERS for Summit/Last Stand: (Sobek is dead. According to Daniel, for a while his head adorned the walls of Bastet's temple in Bubastis.)

I'd like to see Ma'at, naturally. I always figured her as one who would seek Truth and dispense Justice no matter who or what got in her way, be it other system lords or whole planets...

Sekhmet would be interesting. Or how about Aten? Maybe there's more to the story than we know.

Do we know whatever happened to Tiamat after s/he killed Omoroca?

Nergal- Babylonian god of the underworld. Bringer of war, pestilence, fever, devastation and other fun things. Sounds like a good match for Nirrti.

So many lovely possibilities, it's hard to choose.

Comment

Sekhmet could be good, but alas they've blown that one. Likewise Thoth.

Aten...Aten is a big red disc with hands and frankly is the most tedious deity in all Egyptian history; ironic for the inspiration behind one of the more interesting periods.

I'd assumed that - as per legend - Marduk offed Tiamat and took her Eye.

They seem to have blown so many promising deities on throwaway lines and one offs. Seems sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                SPOILERS for Summit/Last Stand: (Sobek is dead. According to Daniel, for a while his head adorned the walls of Bastet's temple in Bubastis.)

I'd like to see Ma'at, naturally. I always figured her as one who would seek Truth and dispense Justice no matter who or what got in her way, be it other system lords or whole planets...

Sekhmet would be interesting. Or how about Aten? Maybe there's more to the story than we know.

Do we know whatever happened to Tiamat after s/he killed Omoroca?

Nergal- Babylonian god of the underworld. Bringer of war, pestilence, fever, devastation and other fun things. Sounds like a good match for Nirrti.

It was Belus that killed Omoroca, unless Belus = Tiamat?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

I've been waiting for Ma'at. too. I wondered if she was the inspiration for your name.

I'm fond of Nut (pronounced Noot), goddess of the sky. She is depicted on almost every Egyptian tomb's ceiling. Her name could be an impediment, but then think of the fun ONeill could have with it! She was also the mother of Osiris. Hmmm.
                  Last edited by Hatusu; 04 May 2004, 10:20 PM. Reason: typo
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Jehova, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355
                      WHat new god should there be?? Personally I want something like the featherd serpent of the AZtecS.......I want to see a relation between it and a goauld symbiote...................what new god should come out/.??

I want to see Imhotep. And I want the actor that played him from the movie The Mummy to play him in Stargate too. He's sooo hot!

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
                        Jehova, perhaps?
                        thats a bit of a modern name, for a goa'uld to know.
                        Suffer, for it is your reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                          I've been waiting for Ma'at. too. I wondered if she was the inspiration for your name.
                          Yep, I like what she represents, so the choice wasn't random. My sig currently contains one of the 42 declarations of innocence made before the gods of the Tribunal when a soul passes though the Hall of Ma'at (the Hall of Two Truths).

Youth who came forth from the Heliopolitan home, I have not been deaf to words of truth.

I still like the Egyptian gods best, but the Aztec, Mayans and Incans would be interesting... if a bit of a mouthful to say.
                          Last edited by ShadowMaat; 05 May 2004, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Perhaps a new god should arise that is not an Egyptian god but is perhaps as evil as the Gou'ald. Ma'at would be a interesting one
                            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              I want to see Imhotep. And I want the actor that played him from the movie The Mummy to play him in Stargate too. He's sooo hot!

Sally
                              Imhotep was the Goa'uld in The Warrior.

Comment

Working...
                              X