PDA

View Full Version : Wraith Weakness not revealed yet? - S2 Spoilers

McSwift
June 26th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well in Season 2 (Aurora) for SGA, the Captain talks about a Wraith Weakness. What is this weakness anyways do you think?

Tech?
Their biology?

Wraith named Michael
June 26th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I'm not saying anything!!

sueKay
June 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM
The weakness was that the Wraith could not travel between Galaxies like the Ancients could.

Now they can

Evil_Genius_McKay
June 26th, 2007, 05:21 PM
The Wraith weakness is us using Asgard tech to make tons of those Kull warrior outfits and then using them to wipe out the Wraith!

ehehheeheh

Vala_M
June 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
There NEVER was a weakness, the Wraith in disguise as the Captain's assistant made it up in order to try and make the Ancients hurry up and fix the hyperdrive so that the Wraith could get the advanced hyperdrive technology to get to Earth, there NEVER was and NEVER will be a weakness, at least not in that sense.

Vala,

fugiman
June 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
There NEVER was a weakness, the Wraith in disguise as the Captain's assistant made it up in order to try and make the Ancients hurry up and fix the hyperdrive so that the Wraith could get the advanced hyperdrive technology to get to Earth, there NEVER was and NEVER will be a weakness, at least not in that sense.

Vala,

I'm pretty sure there was a weakness, I mean why would the Wraith delete the weakness if there wasn't one? I mean leave the weakness on there as to give false hope to the ancinets or the Atlantis team. So I'm pretty sure there is a weakness for the wraith tech

Mister Oragahn
June 27th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Well in Season 2 (Aurora) for SGA, the Captain talks about a Wraith Weakness. What is this weakness anyways do you think?

Tech?
Their biology?

Plot compliant stupidity?

P-90_177
June 27th, 2007, 02:55 AM

well you never know.

I mean look at the plots in SG-1 that just suddenly ended then were brought up later. It may seem like a random plot device but there's no reason why they can't pick it up later just becasue they hadn't thought of one before hand.

jenks
June 27th, 2007, 03:18 AM
JM's blog:

Prior_of_the_Ori writes: "1) Will season 4 explain how the Wraith became such a big threat to the Ancients so quickly? 2) "Aurora" mentioned that the Ancient crew found a weakness in the Wraith, will we find out what that was? 3) Will the Atlantis Expedition encounter any Ancients this season?"

Answer: 1. Yup. 2. Sort of. 3. That remains to be seen.

Vala_M
June 27th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a weakness, I mean why would the Wraith delete the weakness if there wasn't one? I mean leave the weakness on there as to give false hope to the ancinets or the Atlantis team. So I'm pretty sure there is a weakness for the wraith tech

I doubt it. It sounds fake. Plus, if there was a weakness, couldn't the crew have just sent a subspace message or something to Atlantis if it was that great of importance? And please don't say that the Wraith could have intercepted it because they don't seem to intercept any of Atlantis's information to the Daedalus and such in various episodes. Plus, the reason the Wraith deleted the fake weakness info was because he had to create a fake file about it to begin with so instead of having himself exposed, he deleted it.

Vala,

jds1982
June 27th, 2007, 07:30 AM

Ah the same weakness of most t.v. and movie villains. They even explain their plans to the Atlantis team, granted that plan is "I'm going to eat you", but they explain it nonetheless.

OpTiKaL
June 27th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Ugh... it was a fantasy world.. thats why they couldn't send it back to Atlantis... :| There was a weakness, but the wraith came aboard, deleted it, and then he found out about them fixing the advanced HyperDrive and decided to stay and leech the technology

Mister Oragahn
June 27th, 2007, 09:11 AM
I doubt it. It sounds fake. Plus, if there was a weakness, couldn't the crew have just sent a subspace message or something to Atlantis if it was that great of importance? And please don't say that the Wraith could have intercepted it because they don't seem to intercept any of Atlantis's information to the Daedalus and such in various episodes. Plus, the reason the Wraith deleted the fake weakness info was because he had to create a fake file about it to begin with so instead of having himself exposed, he deleted it.

Vala,

Exactly. By the moment they would know it, they would have logically broadcasted a signal all across the galaxy to be sure everyone, anyone, gets it.

Much like you can use internet to quickly spread an informtion of importance before controlling measures can be taken.

One single reason why they wouldn't want to broadcast any signal, imho, is that the Wraith didn't knew that the Lantians found that weakness, whatever it is.
If the Wraith had learnt about it, they may have quickly adapted.

So the data had to be transmitted secretly, much like the hot stuff that traveled aboard submarines during WWII.

Evil_Genius_McKay
June 27th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Exactly. By the moment they would know it, they would have logically broadcasted a signal all across the galaxy to be sure everyone, anyone, gets it.

Much like you can use internet to quickly spread an informtion of importance before controlling measures can be taken.

One single reason why they wouldn't want to broadcast any signal, imho, is that the Wraith didn't knew that the Lantians found that weakness, whatever it is.
If the Wraith had learnt about it, they may have quickly adapted.

So the data had to be transmitted secretly, much like the hot stuff that traveled aboard submarines during WWII.

Makes sense to me.

Wraith_Boy
June 27th, 2007, 12:36 PM
The weakness was that the Wraith could not travel between Galaxies like the Ancients could.

Now they can

That was never a weakness because by default Lantean warships only have insterstellar hyperdrives installed as well!

The Lanteans were in Pegasus for something like 5/10 million years, we never saw or heard of them splitting their time between the MW & Pegasus.

The battle was for control of the Pegasus galaxy, which only required interstellar travel that they already had. It may not have been the most efficient form of it, but it was enough to get them around the galaxy.

Vala,

There was a weakness because the crew was on the mission that enabled them to get it. They were obviously severely damaged, so they were forced to place themselves in stasis. I'd say maybe a few months maybe even years before they found the Aurora, the Wraith had got in there first. He probably read the logs first or whatever, discovered something that related to their mission. Screwed with the systems that allowed it to integrate itself into the crew, in which it had the ability to erase the secret file. Then the opportunity came along to trick them into building an intergalactic hyperdrive to allow them to get to Earth to establish a new feeding ground.

As to the weakness, we'll find it out in S4. I also read somewhere about the Asurans being revealed as well. If this is true I think it's the Wraith the find the Asuran weakness first, then use it against them which you'll get from reading spoilers from 'The Seer'.

For proof of this you look back at JM's blog on 24th April.

J Williams writes: “Anywho are we going to learn the wraiths weakness in season 4?”

Answer: Yup. And they’re not the only ones.

wise one
June 27th, 2007, 01:12 PM
its Sea Water!!!!

DaCk
June 27th, 2007, 02:07 PM
its Sea Water!!!!

If that was so the wraith queen in Submerged would have died instantly.

fugiman
June 27th, 2007, 03:31 PM
If that was so the wraith queen in Submerged would have died instantly.

or would she?;)

But there has to be a wraith weakness, I mean sure they could have broadcasted the message with subspace communications but then the wraith have a chance to learn of that and then change the tech to not be a weakness thus making the info usless. For all we know the weakness could be that wraith sensors can't detect small ships so the ancinets were planing to mass small ships to attack the wraith but if the wraith got wind of this then they could improve sensors or something else.

I mean would the CIA/MI6 agents use a blog/forum on the internet where anyone can check to give info on the weakness of terrorist then giving the info directly to the Agencies

fugiman
June 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM

Now they can

Are you saying that the Wraith have Intergalactic Hyperdrives? Because I'm pretty sure they don't

Hypochondriac
June 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM
It's Bullets, The Anctients discovered that headshots, were the most effective way of killing them

Wraith_Boy
June 27th, 2007, 07:30 PM
or would she?;)

But there has to be a wraith weakness, I mean sure they could have broadcasted the message with subspace communications but then the wraith have a chance to learn of that and then change the tech to not be a weakness thus making the info usless. For all we know the weakness could be that wraith sensors can't detect small ships so the ancinets were planing to mass small ships to attack the wraith but if the wraith got wind of this then they could improve sensors or something else.

I mean would the CIA/MI6 agents use a blog/forum on the internet where anyone can check to give info on the weakness of terrorist then giving the info directly to the Agencies

We've seen Daedalus or PJ's contact Atlantis etc in the past without any problems. I seriously can't see how the Lanteans couldn;t have sent it using one of their encryption methods. Even fly to a nearby planet & then send a cloaked PJ down to the planet. It can either dial Atlantis up & transmit the message or go through & deliver it in person.

Another one is if the mission was that dangerous. Why not cloak the warship using a PJ's cloaking generator. This way the Wraith wouldn't even have detected them at all!

The weakness I doubt is directly related to them as individuals seeing as there are so many of them around the galaxy & they are all enclosed in huge ships. That's why I see it being to do with their organic technology. I think the Wraith will find out the Asurans weakness early in S4. Then towards the back half of S4, the Asurans will return the favour by figuring out the Wraith weakness, then seizing upon it to take them all out!

fugiman
June 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
We've seen Daedalus or PJ's contact Atlantis etc in the past without any problems. I seriously can't see how the Lanteans couldn;t have sent it using one of their encryption methods. Even fly to a nearby planet & then send a cloaked PJ down to the planet. It can either dial Atlantis up & transmit the message or go through & deliver it in person.

Another one is if the mission was that dangerous. Why not cloak the warship using a PJ's cloaking generator. This way the Wraith wouldn't even have detected them at all!

The weakness I doubt is directly related to them as individuals seeing as there are so many of them around the galaxy & they are all enclosed in huge ships. That's why I see it being to do with their organic technology. I think the Wraith will find out the Asurans weakness early in S4. Then towards the back half of S4, the Asurans will return the favour by figuring out the Wraith weakness, then seizing upon it to take them all out!

So is that how StarGate Atlantis ends?

But back to the main point, for all we know the wraith could intercept ancinet communciations because they were used to it and ours is eitherto primtive or something else. All I am saying is there is a weakness

garhkal
June 28th, 2007, 06:54 AM
I doubt it. It sounds fake. Plus, if there was a weakness, couldn't the crew have just sent a subspace message or something to Atlantis if it was that great of importance?

Perhaps where they were at would prevent subspace messages from going anywhere?

If the Wraith had learnt about it, they may have quickly adapted.]/QUOTE]

Great point.. If the wraith intercepted the transmission and learnt the alterans knew of the weakness they could have done some sciency stuff to wean it away..

[QUOTE]It's Bullets, The Anctients discovered that headshots, were the most effective way of killing them

Naa. they learnt that they are alergic to lemon just like mccay!

apollo22
June 28th, 2007, 03:16 PM
it is revealed in the episode allies when zelenka is looking over the hive ship specs that they have a number of external weaknesses

GStone
June 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM
As long as that weakness isn't a virus they cook up on a computer.