This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Movies and Carter

Will the SG-1 Movies cause timeline problems now that Carter is going to Atlantis?

I ask because the two series always seemed to be running on a close timeline. There were sometimes even references to the goings on in the other galaxy.

The problem is Carter is at Atlantis starting in Sept, but the movies don't come out until next year. Since Carter is in both movies, does this mean the timeline for Atlantis next season will pick up after the movies?

Also the news item indicated that they would like to do two SG1 movies a year. If so would Carter be in them since she is also at Atlantis?

Thanks

The movies are on a moving timeline. They were originally scheduled for release in late 2007 but are not scheduled for release in early 2008, meaning that their place in the timeline isn't absolute.

Also, hey, the Daedalus.

Comment

Originally posted by slickrb View Post
      Will the SG-1 Movies cause timeline problems now that Carter is going to Atlantis?

I ask because the two series always seemed to be running on a close timeline. There were sometimes even references to the goings on in the other galaxy.

The problem is Carter is at Atlantis starting in Sept, but the movies don't come out until next year. Since Carter is in both movies, does this mean the timeline for Atlantis next season will pick up after the movies?

Also the news item indicated that they would like to do two SG1 movies a year. If so would Carter be in them since she is also at Atlantis?

Thanks
      Well the movies could be set before or after no one had said if carter will be in season 5 meaning that movies could be set if she comes back from Atlantis
      sigpic
      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
        Well the movies could be set before or after no one had said if carter will be in season 5 meaning that movies could be set if she comes back from Atlantis
        "Ark of truth" timeline is definitely before S4. It makes no sense what so ever to send Carter to Atlantis unless the Ori problem is dealt with...

Comment

They take place before season 4, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll air before season 4 aired.

This happened to SG-1 in season 8, I believe that "Affinity" and "Covenant" were supposed to air in a different order than they originally did in order for the viewers to be more familiar with The Trust but they messed that up. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. They also messed up the order on a few episodes that didn't really matter, but you can tell because in one episode, they are using the new dialing program with black flat screen monitors, then the next, they are using the older monitors and the old dialing program. This happens a few times during the first 7 or 8 episodes.

Vala,

Comment

As far as I know Mallozzi said that the Stargate movies have nothing to do with the complete Stargate timeline, so it does not matter which one is shown first, Atlantis or the movies.

At least Continuum has to be seperate from the complete Stargate timeline, because otherwise the things happening there would affect Atlantis too.

Comment

I've been asking that same question in JM's blog for the past couple days with no answer, so I guess it's pretty safe to assume it won't really matter as long as you know that they take place beforehand or whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by Alissa View Post
                As far as I know Mallozzi said that the Stargate movies have nothing to do with the complete Stargate timeline, so it does not matter which one is shown first, Atlantis or the movies.

At least Continuum has to be seperate from the complete Stargate timeline, because otherwise the things happening there would affect Atlantis too.
                Do you mean that they don't occur in the main timeline? That's not true at all, that would make no sense.

Continuum doesn't conflict with Atlantis. Presumably the timeline is fixed at the end of Continuum, so everything is right in the end.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Working...
                X