This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient drones

sorry if this thread has been done before but I have a quick quastien about drones. Why can they go right true shields?
    sigpic

Because drones are basically in a way on a sort of overload mode full of energy and when they hit a shield, they overwhelm it and pass through. That's why they are glowing, at least that's what I think.

Vala,

Comment

Ok but in that way wouldt the asurans be able to destroy atlantis with ease ? just drop out of hyperspace in orbit and lanch a couple of 100 drones?
      sigpic

Comment

Ancient shields can defend against drones.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Well we have only seen the drones pass through Goa'uld modfied shields and unshielded Wraith Hiveships so we don't know how the drones would fair against the Atlantis shields which are the most powerful shields that we have ever seen so I don't think the drones would effect the shields of atlantis, I mean a PJ was able to take one drone hit so I think Atlantis would be able to take even more
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Good point but mayby drones are more effective than other weapens. agenst atlantis
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
              Good point but mayby drones are more effective than other weapens. agenst atlantis
              Well that beam weapon is highly effective so I think the Asurnas knew that the Beam would be more effective then the Drones or they could just launch drones out of a stargate and attack the city
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

you are right i think but woudent it be easyer if they just activated atlantis stargate?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                  you are right i think but woudent it be easyer if they just activated atlantis stargate?
                  Yes but they couldn't fire the beam weapon through and if they did, it wouldn't do any damage since the gate's shield would prevent it from reintergrating.

Vala,

Comment

I know but would it not make any damage to the iris shield? it should at least be weaker than the city shield
                    sigpic

Comment

Thats true, the gate shield could collapse but the beam would only destroy the control room instead of the whole city, since the gate is located at the highest pier in the city.
                      Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Originally posted by Asuran View Post
                        Thats true, the gate shield could collapse but the beam would only destroy the control room instead of the whole city, since the gate is located at the highest pier in the city.
                        you are right I did not think about that but mayby it would render the city completly useless
                        sigpic

Comment

it probably would for a little while, but remember that Atlantis has an auxiliary control which they could use, unfortunately, they wont be able to use the stargate though.
                          Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

thats true, but I do not i think we would be able to rebuild atleast not for a very long time
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              I mean a PJ was able to take one drone hit so I think Atlantis would be able to take even more
                              This is actually a common misconception. In The Return II the Puddle Jumper's cloak-turned-shield was enough to interact with the drone, but the weapon actually penetrated the rear shield, almost hit the Jumper itself, and went out through the front shield. Three drones were chasing the jumper before the impact, three drones were still chasing it after the impact.

If you can't see it coming out of the front of the Jumper's shields, look at how many drones have to pull away when it dives under the water. There weren't any more launched, so that one drone survived the impact with the Jumper.

That being said, that is the first time we've seen drones actually interact with shields as they normally pass right through them with no effect at all. I imagine an actual Ancient shield (and not one that's jury-rigged out of a different system) would be able to stand up to a drone attack for some time.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                              X