Scifi vs CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scifi vs CBS

I have one sentance to say. Reply who agrees!!

"CBS cancels Jericho, fans complain, CBS continues Jericho"

Nuff said.

CJ

lol.

Well unfortunately Sci-fi are a bit more short sighted.......also i'm not sure any of people running Sci-fi can actually like science fiction........just an observation.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Jericho: 7 episodes with the possibility of more. Essentially, they can still make enough money to cover production costs and make a profit, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to listen to the fan response.

SG1: 20 episodes, costs more than the previous series because cast and crew are signed on a year by year basis. Low ratings that continue to drop. Eventually SG1 was going to start costing more to produce than it would bring in through advertising.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573 View Post
        I have one sentance to say. Reply who agrees!!

"CBS cancels Jericho, fans complain, CBS continues Jericho"

Nuff said.
        Not enough said, if you are implying that the complaints about SG-1's cancelation were just the same as the complaints about Jericho.

The size of the Jericho response was massive. The size of the SG-1 cancellation response was tiny in comparison.

As someone else said Jericho is also in a very different lifestage of the show, both financially and creatively.

Comment

WOAH! I never even heard it was brought back. Hell, I didn't even know there was a response. I didn't even know if it was popular. Man, this made my day! W00T!

Comment

Waaayyyy more viewers watch CBS then watch Scifi.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Jericho also had 1 season...SG1 had 10. That's a great run for TV no matter what the network. Now the last half of the season did seem to pick back up with the new characters, but it was a couple years late. Plus starting the season when the networks did instead of running during the off periods didn't help, not to mention moving BSG to another night.

And there will be some made for TV movies, maybe a mini-series now and again, so there is still life left and that might be the best way to do it too.

Again, SG1 had a good run, leave it be.

Comment

They're DVD movies not made for TV

Comment

Comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

That makes no sense, I think the actual meaning of that idiom escapes you.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      lol.

Well unfortunately Sci-fi are a bit more short sighted.......also i'm not sure any of people running Sci-fi can actually like science fiction........just an observation.
                      Very obvious if you've even remotely seen any of the movies they've made.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        That makes no sense, I think the actual meaning of that idiom escapes you.

Actually it makes a lot sense. Maybe it just escapes you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Very obvious if you've even remotely seen any of the movies they've made.
                          LOL! Very true, my friend. Very true indeed.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As a campaigner myself and someone who works in mkt and pr in entertainment and after hearing a few bits of info not privy to the general public, I think this was a pr stunt by CBS. Just my own opinion.

But if not, I have to say that Jericho was a network show.....CBS has MILLIONS more viewers than Sci Fi. And if not, well congrats to the campaign.

sigpic
                            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                              Actually it makes a lot sense. Maybe it just escapes you.
                              No, apples and oranges is an expression that means two thing that can't be compared, in the context of what I said, that makes no sense. You could accuse me of getting in to semantics, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X