This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will the movies be?

I have been searching and have not found any official info on the run time of the upcoming movies. Anybody have a solid idea?

It all depends on their budget, but I think they said it's just over 2 episodes worth. I can't be a 100% sure though.
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

All they have said basically, is that it makes a nice change not having to edit down to fit in a certain time slot like they do with TV, other than that I haven't heard anything, I'd imagine they'd be as long as the average movie...

Comment

yeah i'd say they were probably written as approx a 2 part episode length, or maybe a little more, and then any scenes that run long etc are probably less likely to be cut down. so i would imagine the movies will be somewhere between 90 and 110 minutes long. thats what i think anyway.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

JM said in his blog that the movies are somewhere solidly between 90 and 120 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by B O Y S C O U T View Post
            JM said in his blog that the movies are somewhere solidly between 90 and 120 minutes
            That still makes me smile. I'm really relieved that they aren't going to be really short films.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My prediction is AOT will be 87 minutes long. No idea about Continuum, probably around there. We'll see. I hope I am wrong, because if they are 'two episodes long' length it will kind of feel cheap. Somether closer to 120 minutes would make it feel more...real....
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

i heared 2 hours each not count extra features

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                  i heared 2 hours each not count extra features
                  I hope we get quite a few extra features with each film. That would just make things that much sweeter IMO.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I hope we get quite a few extra features with each film. That would just make things that much sweeter IMO.
                    well you know Continuum will going to the Arctic and all

Comment

The news articles have described the movies as being two hours, but ultimately being as long as the story dictates rather than as long as the TV network dictates.

Comment

420 minutes divided in parts of 42 minutes would be nice

Comment

anywhere between 1 1/2 and 2 hours would be great! (for each one ........obviously!)lol
                          and extras!..........loads of extras,love my Stargate extras
                          sigpic

"Are you incapable of restraining yourself,or do you take pride in being an insufferable KNOW-IT-ALL?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            420 minutes divided in parts of 42 minutes would be nice
                            We're getting two movies, not ten episodes.

Comment

That's the sound of Dutch_Razor's comment going straight over your head

Comment

Working...
                              X