This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Ronon loses his gun and gets it back - AGAIN" thread

So... I love Ronon as much as the next girl, but I've noticed a rather annoying plot contrivance that follows him around, well, ALL THE TIME. Through the course of several episodes, Ronon will have his super-duper-fancy-stunner-plus-killer-gun confiscated by someone, and yet by the end of the episodes he manages to locate his EXACT weapon again. Wonderful, convenient, if it happens like ONCE. So I'm dedicating this thread to tallying up all the times he's actually had his gun taken away and gotten it back again.

1. Runner - First episode he's ever in, and he loses his gun to the SGA team. Ok, getting this one back is a gimmie.

2. Condemned - Gets captured by the extras from Waterworld, takes his gun back from the leader at the end of the episode?

3. Lost Boys - Ford and his team overpower SGA team, Ronon gets his gun back from them only after agreeing to be a part of their "Duuude, wouldn't it be rad if we blew up a hive!" plan.

4. The Hive - SGA team and the little lost lambs are overpowered, weapons confiscated and taken into the murky depths of a wraith ship. Mystically found and returned by Ford. How wonderful for us the Wraith keep an ammo dump right next to the prisioner's quarters, and not, you know, on the other side of a ship that's the size of a CITY.

5. Allies/No Man's Land - Stranded on a wraith ship again, captured and imprisoned... Thank god there's no Geneva conventions in the Pegasus galaxy or they might not have even had half an ally.

6. Sateda - Back to square one, but his team recovers his weapon from the carnage left by the (*gasp!*shock!*) lying wraith and get to return it to him in a daring rescue!

7. Progeny - Ok I'll be honest, I really can't remember if Ronon is even ON this mission, but if he is, then his weapon is surely taken and returned before the city blows up...

Well hallelujah... scanning through the rest of Season 3 I couldn't remember any more episodes with this particular little plot convenience. Maybe the writers realized that it seems ludicrously unlikely that he'd lose and recover his precious weapon seven times in not even two full seasons of shows? At least Teal'c's excuse is that there's plenty of Jaffa staffs laying around all over the Milky Way galaxy...

If I've remembered any details wrong, or are forgetting some episodes, please chime in and I'll correct the list! I'm too tired to watch all SGA tonight...

LOL maybe he had the atlantis staff make him spares....& who know's where he's got them stashed How many knives did he have hidden in the Hive LOL
    or his gun might have legs like a little puppy dog and comes running whenever he whistles lol
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Ronon and his Mysterious Blaster of Unknown Origin share a bond greater than that between any other man and his weapon. His MBoUO can think and feel what his master thinks and feels, and has the ability to not only stun and kill, but to provide cosmic intervention and always return itself back to his master when it is most convenient. Either that or telpethoniel is right and he just has a few extra stashed in his hair or something.
      sig made by Starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian_Scribe View Post
        Ronon and his Mysterious Blaster of Unknown Origin share a bond greater than that between any other man and his weapon. His MBoUO can think and feel what his master thinks and feels, and has the ability to not only stun and kill, but to provide cosmic intervention and always return itself back to his master when it is most convenient. Either that or telpethoniel is right and he just has a few extra stashed in his hair or something.
        I agree with her on this one. Ronon has some sort of psychic connection with his weapon, I guess thats what happens when its the only weapon you have for 7 years. He knows where it is at all times and I bet he can even psychically set to stun or kill so that when he gets it back he's ready to go.
        Last edited by Wraith named Michael; 21 June 2007, 10:39 PM. Reason: Wraith can't spell

Beware I have friends and they are watching
        Sig courtesy of LadyBozi. Thank you so much!
        += FAT BABIES! Teyla/Ronon rules!
        Spoiler:

R.I.P Carson, for now.
        Courtesy of LadyBozi

Save Elizabeth now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith named Michael View Post
          I agree with her on this one. Ronon has some sort of physic connection with his weapon, I guess thats what happens when its the only weapon you have for 7 years. He knows where it is at all times and I bet he can even physically set to stun or kill so that when he gets it back he's ready to go.
          Or it could be on an invisible string...he could just pull it and trip a few wraith on it's way back to his cell lol
          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Maybe Ronon has some special power. The gun is his doggy.
            sigpic Sheppards Lover

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian_Scribe View Post
              Ronon and his Mysterious Blaster of Unknown Origin.
              We will find out info this season about his gun/blaster. Larrin, the leader of the Travelers, has one of these guns/blasters also.

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Great theories, but if his blaster could return to him whenever he wanted it, then it would come back to help him get out of those jams. He wouldn't have to get it back afterwards. In Condemned, at least he got it back legitmately. And it's not as bad as D'Argo "never" being taken prisoner again in Farscape! Poor guy was taken prisoner at least twice every season Ronon has yet to declare that he'll "never" lose his weapon again.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                  Great theories, but if his blaster could return to him whenever he wanted it, then it would come back to help him get out of those jams. He wouldn't have to get it back afterwards. In Condemned, at least he got it back legitmately. And it's not as bad as D'Argo "never" being taken prisoner again in Farscape! Poor guy was taken prisoner at least twice every season Ronon has yet to declare that he'll "never" lose his weapon again.
                  But then again D'Argo was always the first to give in to mental persuasion lol you'd think he'd have a harder shell than that...most military guys are like good at holding out against that stuff, or at least they don't fall for it EVERY time LOL

Comment

Thanks, Tel Poor big D.

Anyway, thanks to this thread, I totally notice when Ronon gets his gun back now. I was watching No Man's Land last night and when Michael gave Ronon his gun, I laughed! Thanks a LOT!

Comment

Working...
                    X