This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Vala? crusade spoilers

I wonder why the Ori chose Vala to be a mother of Adria. Why didn't they choose someone else?someone who follows the Origin. Were they stupid or what? They chose an unbeliever as mother of the Orici. It makes no sense
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

She was the first Milky Way female they had come across. So it's logical they would use her.

Ori: miliky way human cross over. I see one is a female with child bearing hips.

Remember, they wanted someone with Milky Way roots to sell the Ori religion in order to not break the treaty or something.

Comment

If i was a smart Ori dude.

Vala would be one of the last women in the Milkyway that I would pick.

Comment

Why Vala?

Simply because Claudia was expecting at the time.

Why a non-believer?

Also simple. If you manage to turn a stubborn non-believer to the teachings of the Ori that shows great strength of will.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Why Vala?

Simply because Claudia was expecting at the time.

Why a non-believer?

Also simple. If you manage to turn a stubborn non-believer to the teachings of the Ori that shows great strength of will.

True!

Also, they presumably knew that Vala was somewhat a part of the SGC, and would be a sort of weakness for them because of her connection to Adria. Think about it, SG-1 might be a little more sensitive about Adria with her being Vala's daughter than they would be if she was only some stranger.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
            Also, they presumably knew that Vala was somewhat a part of the SGC, and would be a sort of weakness for them because of her connection to Adria. Think about it, SG-1 might be a little more sensitive about Adria with her being Vala's daughter than they would be if she was only some stranger.
            Good point. Hadn't even thought of that.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think the Ori worried about being convincing. Killing all non believers is convincing enough.

Vala was needed to sneak Adria across the border--I believe that was what Cooper said.

Unfortunatly, Cooper hadn't really thought out the Ori and has left many plot hoples with them. Exactly how the Ori feed off prayers is a mystery to Cooper himself. He also can't explain how prayers from our galaxy will get all the way to the Ori Galaxy and they need a gate to get thier ships here. The Gate is not left on to act as a funnel or anything like that.

I have yet to figuire out why the prayers to god/gods in our own galaxy doesn't give our own ascended more power--even accedently.

Cooper has stated the Ori are a small group of ascended but never gave a ballpark number.

As to why Vala was chosen by the Ori to be Adria's mother--cooper naver gave an answer. He used CB pregnancy as a springboard to introduce a face to the Ori. He realized after they began season 9 that without a real face the Ori would not be able to connect to the majority of the fan base.

I would hypothetically gander that:

Vala was chosen for either a medical condition that would make the impregnation of Adria possible. Perhaps, when Vala's molecular structure was broken down in the wormhole--that made it easy for the Ori to create Adria using Vala's DNA and programing the embryo with Origin.

Vala would also be going back to the milky way ASAP...the Ori would know she would never stay or convert. They knew she would escape and go back to her friends. Possibly comprimising the SGC.

Adria's mission of converting Vala I think was more of Adria's doing. She would also look legitamte of her mother supported her.

Now, if Adria could have been deprogramed and turned to our side. the Ori would have to come up with another plan.

Ori plan B: (adria jumped ship)

Actauly ascend a few more badguys.
              Make an allience with the Goa'uld.
              Bring back Anubis
              Make a better replicator that will obey only the Ori's commands.
              Find alternate ways of increasing power. If prayers are an energy then their has to be another form of eenergy they can consume that is readily availble.
              Double thier prior numbers
              Add female priors
              Use propaganda of Earth's own religions and seers to expliot our beliefs.
              Start religious cults that is recognized as a church by the IRS.
              Know not to threaten to kill people. Reverse that policy to make it seem that becuase no one has seen "our god/gods" lately--those gods are gone and the Ori are the one true gods.
              Exploit democracy.
              Convince the Queen of England that Ori is the way to go.
              Have the Pope for dinner. Make the Pope--make the Ori look good.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Have the Pope for dinner. Make the Pope--make the Ori look good.
                The pope doesn't even make Catholicism look good LOL

Comment

I think it had to do with sneaking Adrtia under the radar... since her birth mother was from the MW, she is ok to pass...

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                    True!

yeah! What they said! Vala wouldn't kill her own daughter, even if Adria is evil! They obviously chose Vala for two reasons:

1. Claudia was pregnant.
                    2. She was an unbeliever and she was hanging out in the SGC (even if she wasn't actually part of it)

I wonder why the ori didn't choose Sam......
                    sigpic
                    + = <3

Comment

Originally posted by system_lord_wolf View Post
                      yeah! What they said! Vala wouldn't kill her own daughter, even if Adria is evil! They obviously chose Vala for two reasons:

1. Claudia was pregnant.
                      2. She was an unbeliever and she was hanging out in the SGC (even if she wasn't actually part of it)

I wonder why the ori didn't choose Sam......
                      Because she wasn't in the Ori Galaxy. The Ori can't affect anything in the MW so Vala was their only choice, being the only MW female they had access to.

Comment

but why MW female? I would rather use a believer
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          but why MW female? I would rather use a believer
                          Hence the reason why you'll never take over the universe!
                          The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

I think the Ori were so cofindent in their abilites to convert anyone that they choose Vala because they assumed that she would convert to Origin because of the baby.
                            Or maybe because they thought she was weak-minded or something like that.

Comment

Here's a thought ; the Ori wanted Vala for her information.

The impression i've received is that the Ori still can't look into the MW galaxy, because the Others are blocking them. It's only because they (or a Prior) read Daniel and/or Vala's minds at the start of Season 9 that the Ori know there are people living in the MW.

For this reason, Vala is a good (if not perfect) choice ; if we consider Adria to be an Ori Harcesis child, she has received a lot of information from the Ori but sources all her MW knowledge from her mother.

Vala only learnt about the Dakara weapon in 10x04, when the Ba'als invaded. Thus, Adria was taken offguard by the weapon three episodes later in Counterstrike and had to interrogate Jaffa to learn where and what it is.

As for the prayer thing, my guess is that the Ori form a connection with people in the same manner as Oma when ascending Daniel (also Orlin's connection with Sam), except instead of sharing power to help Ascend, the Ori take power. Of course, one lower being would have very little power, thus the need for a lot of them. Because of the Others' interference, the Ori cannot target MWrs directly but needs genuine faith (i.e. the MWrs reach out to them). This would not happen on a large scale right after the crusade, but more likely after a generation or two passes living under Ori control.

Comment

Working...
                              X