X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumor of more SG1 movies in MS's blog

From the blog: "
    Anywho, the filming for Continuum has been great: frozen sets, Air Force F-15s and Richard Dean Anderson's return all crammed inside two hours of movie magic will be a fantastic way to finish. There is already talk of doling some more of these SG-1 movies, so keep your finger's crossed...."

Keep your fingers crossed indeed.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/Ce...4-38/800048552

I sure hope so. I would love it if SG-1 could continue, for a little while at least, in movie form.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

An announcement on more movies is expected to happen shortly. It is now looking very likely:

Stargate Solutions news link

Good news!

Comment

Fantastic!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I thought any future movies depended on the sales of these ones. Isn't that what TPTB/MGM have been saying?

Nice as more movies might be, I'd be suprised if more got the go ahead before knowing how well these ones do.

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

The season boxsets do so well already that they have a huge amount of confidence that the DVD movies will do as well, if not better. Remember, seasons come on TV first, the DVD movies won't. If people want to see them, they will have to either buy them or download them off the net (legally or illegally). And, unlike with ratings, the entire world will be taken into account, not just America. That means there are loads more potential customers.

I would be VERY suprised if the first 2 flopped, and I think MGM feel the same way. I think this is MGM once again putting their confidence in the franchise.

Comment

I hope the movies sell by the buttloads, MGM makes a dozen of them, and refuses to sell the rights to air them on TV to Sci-Fi.

Comment

They should have a "Get in the Gate Sweepstakes" for the new movies (of course, except for the two that have finished) like they use to do for the series. That would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  An announcement on more movies is expected to happen shortly. It is now looking very likely:

Stargate Solutions news link

Good news!
                  Wonderful news! And I can use the money I've saved on cable subscription to pay for them. Even have enough to buy two or three copies for family and friends.
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I hope there is an announcement soon about more SG-1 movies in the works. That'd be a wish come true for me. I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

That would be awesome if they kept making them. I really hope it happens.
                      Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                      http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                        That would be awesome if they kept making them. I really hope it happens.
                        depends on sales and if the stories are good

Comment

I hope they continue the spirit of stargate though movies. if these go well maybe they'll go theater, id camp over night to get into the first movie.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed on this one! I definitely hope SG1 can end up with several more movies. The gate is definitely the right device to have at your disposal to keep the stories coming!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
                              I thought any future movies depended on the sales of these ones. Isn't that what TPTB/MGM have been saying?

Nice as more movies might be, I'd be suprised if more got the go ahead before knowing how well these ones do.
                              I think MGM know they'll make money, the question is just how much. From Rob Cooper:

GateWorld: What is the future of SG-1 past these two movies? How successful do they have to be for us to continue to get an ongoing franchise of stories?

Robert C. Cooper: Well, I don't want to sound over-confident, but there's a built-in success to these projects. They're being paid for based on the projection of sales that is probably going to be reasonably reliable. We know how well the DVDs sell. Basically, if these DVDs sell within reasonable numbers compared to what the boxed sets sell, then it's going to make money. MGM's not going to lose money on these things unless some bizarre marketplace situation unfolds.

Comment

Working...
                              X