Which ROTJ ending do you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ROTJ ending do you prefer?

For those who don't know, they're 2 Return of the Jedi endings (well 3 but the 1997 and 2004 version are almost the same), the original and the remake. The original had the ewok "yub nub" song but the new one had a composition called "Victory Celebration" instead. The 2004 one is basically the same as the 1997 version but Hayden Christensen plays the ghost of Anakin and there is a shot of Naboo.

I didn't actually hear the "yub nub" song until very recently because I had only ever saw the remakes (I probably saw the originals when I was very young but I can't remember that far back). I don't care though I love the new music, there's just something special about it and it is a great way to end the saga as a whole.

I know they're people who don't like changes made to SW (ie Greedo shooting first), so I was interested to know what people's views on the endings were as I think the new one is far better.

Original 1983 (don't be put off by the length it is mostly credits)

New 2004 version
    The Yub Nub song - original song
    58.82%
    The Victory Celebration song - 2004 ending
    41.18%
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

I like the nub nub song better. It seemed more festive, more ewok and flowed into the ending triumphant song better.

Also the less I have to see of Hayden Christensen the happier I am. Nothing against him, I have seen him in at least one other thing but he seemed very uncomfortable and stiff playing Anakin....maybe it was too much pressure or the directing because I didn’t think Natalie did too good a job either and she has won an Oscar before. Anyway, I think the guy who originally played Anakin there deserves to keep his place he was there first in reality even if not chronologically in the show. JMHO
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I like the first ones just not Hayden Christanson that just pissed me off
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Don't care for either of the songs really but Yub Nub cause it was there first and also I didn't like showing all those worlds, it wasn't necessary. And I didn't like Hayden's appearance for a number of reasons. The first being because it reminds me of the prequels, none of which I enjoyed. And I always thought that before it was pretty much showing how Anakin would've been had he not turned to the dark side and what you could consider he was like now. When they put Hayden in there, looking the same as he did in Revenge of the Sith, it just seemed like it was showing who he was before he turned and not the man he was now which didn't sit well with me. And it also was weird because of how he gets to remain young while Obi-Wan and Yoda get to remain old

Comment

I like the original Score of the ending of the ROTJ with the Yub-Nub ewok song. It gave the ending of the movie a feel and sense of completion, joy, jubilation. The remake ending score just doesn't do that and have the capturing effect.

".......Celebrate your life......Celebrate your Life........Celebrate your life........" que starwars them and rolling credits.

TheChosen1

Comment

Them putting Hayden Christianson in there was just plain wrong.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
              I like the original Score of the ending of the ROTJ with the Yub-Nub ewok song. It gave the ending of the movie a feel and sense of completion, joy, jubilation. The remake ending score just doesn't do that and have the capturing effect.
              I think the complete opposite. I dunno maybe the one you hear first has the bigger effect
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I didn't mind some of the changes Lucas made to the 04 release (I actually liked the inclusion of the Jaba scene with Han in ANH) but I really really REALLY objected to the inclusion of Hayden at the end of ROTJ

I remember hearing a rumour that Lucas was going to release the 97 versions on DVD - I know if he releases it I'll buy it that day!
                "But I want to do community service, I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel"

Comment

i heard the 6 movie box set will have all versions of the movies,
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

Thats the first time i've seen the Yub Nub song

The new victory one is so much better imo. Music sounds cooler, and the scenes are great, as they show how the galaxy reacts, not just the Ewoks. Young Anakin at the end doesn't bother me either.
                    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Ewok Celebration Song
                      Yub nub ... eee chop yub nub.
                      Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah.
                      Yahwa ... moe whip yahwa.
                      Ah toe meet toe pee chee kene g'noop dock fling oh-ah.
                      Coatee-cha tu yub nub.
                      Coatee-cha tu yahwa.
                      Coatee-cha tu glowah.
                      Allayloo ta nuv.
                      Glowah, eee chop glowah.
                      Yawah pee chu knee foom.
                      Ah toot dee awe goon-da.
                      Coatee-cha tu goo ... Yub nub.
                      Coatee-cha tu doo ... Yahwa.
                      Coatee-cha tu too ... Ya-chaa.
                      Allayloo ta nuv.
                      Allayloo ta nuv.
                      Allayloo ta nuv.
                      Glowah, eee chop glowah.
                      Yawah pee chu knee foom.
                      Ah toot dee awe goon-da.
                      Coatee-cha tu goo ... Yub nub.
                      Coatee-cha tu goo!
                      Link: http://www.neuvel.net/Audio%20files/yubnub.wav
                      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

the problem i have with all the worlds celebrating at the end of rotj, the empire still controls a lot of planets and im sure they wouldnt of let people go out and celebrate the emperors death

Comment

While I think the new music is beautiful (and better than the original music), it just doesn't fit with the ending scenes. I also don't like the victory scenes on all those other planets--it detracts somewhat from the story that went before. And I strongly dislike changing the actor at the end--what a slap in the face to Sebastian Shaw!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I have both on my computer but prefered the 2004 one, it was a great tune.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                              the problem i have with all the worlds celebrating at the end of rotj, the empire still controls a lot of planets and im sure they wouldnt of let people go out and celebrate the emperors death
                              LOL! And here is some pics from the next day.

Last edited by Doze; 20 June 2007, 01:00 PM.
                              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Working...
                              X