• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vancouver Province article re: international press junket

"Seriously, viewers overseas think that Stargate's a hoot!"
    Vancouver Province
    17 June 2007

You'd expect shows that travel to other planets and even another galaxy would have a universal appeal.

But journalists from England, France and Germany on the first-ever international press junket to the set of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis agreed that what is particularly appealing about the two dramas is their sense of humour.
    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...c-988a88f089fa

I totally agree!

Stargate has that feel-good, tongue-in-cheek factor that so many sci fi shows are missing
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The Stargate series isn't as big as some imports to France, with three million viewers, said Chuc. But a show with a much higher North American profile, Desperate Housewives, only averages six million viewers.
      Twice as much as the (current) US audience, higher in 0.5 million than the average when teh show was at its hights. 6 times as mucha s the UK audience... what channel is it on in France? Anyone?
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I totally agree. Thx for the article.

M6, Sci Fi Fr and Series Club. ( that's the french channels )

Comment

Thomasina Gibson of Sky Television in England admits she's a real fan.

"I haven't missed an episode since Day 1," she said.

It doesn't hurt that Sky broadcasts the series seven days a week, at least twice a day.
          *ahem* Yeah... SG1 they do. But you try finding repeats of SGA anywhere on Sky.... yeesh.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
            *ahem* Yeah... SG1 they do. But you try finding repeats of SGA anywhere on Sky.... yeesh.
            Just like here. SG1 is shown twice, sometimes 2-3 times a day on weekends, gets marathons mostly at night, while SGA barely gets repeat. The stepchild syndrome

Comment

It's probably just because with Atlantis there's 60 eps, whereas with SG1...it's a whole lot more.

They're more likely to repeat SG1 and the Treks cos it's means they start at s1 and run through and don't need to change their schedules for a while...with Atlantis they'd need to change their schedule after just a few weeks.

Programme planners are lazy, much to good entertainment's detriment...why do you think Sci Fi (UK) only show Firefly once in a blue moon yet we get Roswell and Medium shovelled down our gullets seven nights a week?
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ack, if I see one more advert for Medium or that sodding "10 reasons to love.." thing about it, I may have to kill something. And I only watch SciFi UK once a week for Heroes! Yeesh!

Sky's advertising drives me batty as well, they randomly ignore good shows and don't promote them at all and then with the tat they do decide to promote they do so ad infinitum, ad nauseum, to the point where, if I had ever had any inclination to watch the show, by the time it aired I would be so sick of seeing it/hearing about it that the *last* thing I would wanna do is sit and watch it!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  Ack, if I see one more advert for Medium or that sodding "10 reasons to love.." thing about it, I may have to kill something. And I only watch SciFi UK once a week for Heroes! Yeesh!
                  I'll kill if I see one more ad for 'erectile dysfunction'...... I'd take ads for any show over those drug ads.

Oh, and JM has pictures of reporters from press junket on his blog, June 19th entry.

Comment

Working...
                  X