Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mallozzi and Mullie as show runners. What do we think now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mallozzi and Mullie as show runners. What do we think now?

When it was first announced that Mallozzi and Mullie were going to be running the show from season 4 onwards, was met with alot of scepticisim. I was wondering, what do people think of the job they are doing now?

The other two would still be better (BW and RC)
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I think it will work out just fine. From what I have seen and read they are doing a fine job and season 4 will be a great season.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Time for the oft repeated reminder

Criticize the JOBS not the PEOPLE.

NO personal comments about Joe or Paul or any of the others please.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I never had any problems with them being show runners and fully accepted that they would do what was best for the show.

Judging from the spoilers that is exactly what they are doing. I don't think I have so highly anticipated a season of Atlantis since the first season.

If S4 delivers everything the spoilers indicate, it will be the best season yet and (if Skiffy take any S4 ratings into account) I`m certain it will help secure the show's future for another season. If not S5, then S6.

EDIT: Dammit. Just realised I missed my 400th post
          Last edited by talyn2k1; 19 June 2007, 07:49 AM. Reason: Missed my 400th!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
            When it was first announced that Mallozzi and Mullie were going to be running the show from season 4 onwards, was met with alot of scepticisim. I was wondering, what do people think of the job they are doing now?
            They haven't even finished filming half the eps of S4 yet, therefore it's impossible to tell based on a few storylines!

Some may sound good on paper, but they may end up totally different when they get it on screen.

Personally, I say the SG franchise should be handed to a brand new studio who can take a new show from the beginning & who will beathe fresh new life into the gate universe.

As for S4, I think PM & JM have been about for a good fer years, so are well accustomed as to how BW, RCC etc ran them in years past. Therefore I don't think there will be that great of a shift. So I expect a few good eps like every season, but also a few stinkers. Again like all previous seasons. Although I'll be very surprised if there is a S5 though!

Comment

I don't like the sort of stuff that RC's done in recent years...Ideally I'd like Brad to still be there
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I think it will work out just fine. From what I have seen and read they are doing a fine job and season 4 will be a great season.
                Me too. From what we've seen so far, it sounds great and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that they will come through for us.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Time for the oft repeated reminder

Criticize the JOBS not the PEOPLE.

NO personal comments about Joe or Paul or any of the others please.
                Yes ma'am. *cowers from the wet noodle of doom*

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                I never had any problems with them being show runners and fully accepted that they would do what was best for the show.

Judging from the spoilers that is exactly what they are doing. I don't think I have so highly anticipated a season of Atlantis since the first season.

If S4 delivers everything the spoilers indicate, it will be the best season yet and (if Skiffy take any S4 ratings into account) I`m certain it will help secure the show's future for another season. If not S5, then S6.

EDIT: Dammit. Just realised I missed my 400th post
                I was one of the one's who was skeptical at first, but I agree - I haven't been this hyped for a season yet. I can't wait.

Congrats on 400 posts.
                sigpic
                My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Well I haven't seen any of season 4 yet, so I can't really tell, but from what I have read, they are doing a much better job than has been done in previous seasons.

Comment

How do I think M&M are doing as show runners? So far, they are doing a great job in peaking my interest in Season 4, but until I've seen how Season 4 is executed, then I can't really judge them yet.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Season 4 is definately sounding pretty good, and there are ideas that JM and PM has brought forth that they have been wanting for a while but never got the chance because they weren't showrunners, like the
                      Spoiler:
                      Travelers

What's more, it's a change in how Atlantis is done, so Season 4 won't be as predictable as past seasons. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

Unless I missed something, season 4 hasn't even started to air yet. Why would opinions be likely to change in any significant way? Just because of spoiler info? HA! That'd be a rich bit of hypocrisy.

Comment

Weren't these the two that gave us Irresponsible and Irresistable?

If so, 'nough said. I'll hold my breath (but not too long) or whatever the expression should be. Anyway, I'll wait and see.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't know as the season hasn't started yet. The spoilers coming out sound good...but we'll only be able to really gage their work once we actually see it.

Gage it FAIRLY, that is.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Obviously, I won't be able to make a judgement until I've seen season 4, but so far I'm very hopeful that the new season will be excellent. I like the cast changes, though it's taken time for me to get used to them. The spoilers sound interesting and from what I've read so far, the stories appear well thought out, so I'm looking forward to seeing the 'soft reset' for the show. I'm hopeful that JM and PM will be great!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X