Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mallozzi and Mullie as show runners. What do we think now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    When it was first announced that Mallozzi and Mullie were going to be running the show from season 4 onwards, was met with alot of scepticisim. I was wondering, what do people think of the job they are doing now?
    I personally think they are doing a fine job. I kinda like what they are doing and am looking forward to what is going to happen in season 4. I want to be surprised.

Comment

Well, SOMEBODY is missing a sense of humor.

Comment

I hope you don't mean Alyssa because what she said is kind of funny. A response like saying co-leadership is lame isn't, if anything the response itself is lame.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Oh, it's funny if you were here during the Season 9 days of SG1.

Comment

A great majority of their eps have been rubbish, and so when it was announced they were taking over, I knew the writing was on the wall.
            I think people don't quite grasp that the franchise is over-not just SG-1.
            The same lot are/were doing both shows so what's going to be any different?
            Ratings are now unsustainableyl low and won't get any better.
            Season 4 will be their swan song.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
              A great majority of their eps have been rubbish, and so when it was announced they were taking over, I knew the writing was on the wall.
              I think people don't quite grasp that the franchise is over-not just SG-1.
              The same lot are/were doing both shows so what's going to be any different?
              Ratings are now unsustainableyl low and won't get any better.
              Season 4 will be their swan song.
              Your prescience is astounding. If only the rest of us could read the writing on the wall so clearly, we'd stop watching and eagerly awaiting the next season and just move on with our lives.
              sigpic
              My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                Your prescience is astounding. If only the rest of us could read the writing on the wall so clearly, we'd stop watching and eagerly awaiting the next season and just move on with our lives.
                If people could just move on with their lives, there wouldn't be all this concern about bringing SG-1 elements over to Atlantis because producers, fans and even Skiffy would accept that SG-1 is dead and stop trying to turn Atlantis into a refuge for SG-1. But then again, according to some of the posts I've read, that's exactly what Atlantis was meant to be: a backup for SG-1, not a separate show. So maybe they're right after all.

With M&M in charge, it should soon become obvious just what Atlantis's future is going to be like.

Comment

I just like these guys. I like JM's personality and he's way funny. Maybe it's because my sister has a rather morbid personality so I'm familir with the sense of humor. Verbal judo is always entertaining. Plus, I like their ideas and I like how the show is becoming more team focused and pretty much the team in relation to the outside world. Plus I like the idea of Carter coming on board. So I don't have any complaints as of yet. Of course, I will hold off, all praise on their greatness until the season airs. But currently I'm getting positivity and so I'm responding in the like.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    If people could just move on with their lives, there wouldn't be all this concern about bringing SG-1 elements over to Atlantis because producers, fans and even Skiffy would accept that SG-1 is dead and stop trying to turn Atlantis into a refuge for SG-1. But then again, according to some of the posts I've read, that's exactly what Atlantis was meant to be: a backup for SG-1, not a separate show. So maybe they're right after all.

With M&M in charge, it should soon become obvious just what Atlantis's future is going to be like.

Hmm, in all the articles I've read on SGA, not one mentioned that it was designed to harbor SG1 characters/old plots once that show got axed. I must have missed the memo

Comment

I too got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I heard M&M were taking over as showrunners. Now I think my worst fears will be realized.

Some of the things they have planned for S4 seem good. For example, Travelers and Miller's Crossing. Can't wait to see Ronon on Earth. But the whole
                      Spoiler:
                      Teyla pregnancy arc just leaves me cold.
                      It sounds like between that and the newly revealed truth about Weir, that they have trotted out every tired old SciFi cliche they can think of. Oh, and let's not forget
                      Spoiler:
                      evil Shep
                      in Doppelganger. They may give jumping the shark a whole new level of intensity.

If it's true that the renewal for S5 will depend on the ratings for the end of S3, all this discussion may be a moot point anyway. We probably should start talking about how the series should end. What am I saying? They don't pay any attention to us anyway except to write insulting things in blogs and call us names. Meanwhile the fans who think they're getting just what their little hearts desire suck up to JM outrageously even though it's just an accidental quirk of fate that their fondest wishes will be played out on the screen instead of those of the people who are giving him heck on his blog. In the end the showrunners do what they want with little accountability, and it's the people with the magic Nielsen boxes who rule the day.

I'd be laughing if I didn't feel so much like crying. And if one more person tells someone else who disagrees with them that it's just a tv show, I may have to spork someone.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I too got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I heard M&M were taking over as showrunners. Now I think my worst fears will be realized.

Some of the things they have planned for S4 seem good. For example, Travelers and Miller's Crossing. Can't wait to see Ronon on Earth. But the whole
                        Spoiler:
                        Teyla pregnancy arc just leaves me cold.
                        It sounds like between that and the newly revealed truth about Weir, that they have trotted out every tired old SciFi cliche they can think of. Oh, and let's not forget
                        Spoiler:
                        evil Shep
                        in Doppelganger. They may give jumping the shark a whole new level of intensity.

If it's true that the renewal for S5 will depend on the ratings for the end of S3, all this discussion may be a moot point anyway. We probably should start talking about how the series should end. What am I saying? They don't pay any attention to us anyway except to write insulting things in blogs and call us names. Meanwhile the fans who think they're getting just what their little hearts desire suck up to JM outrageously even though it's just an accidental quirk of fate that their fondest wishes will be played out on the screen instead of those of the people who are giving him heck on his blog. In the end the showrunners do what they want with little accountability, and it's the people with the magic Nielsen boxes who rule the day.

I'd be laughing if I didn't feel so much like crying. And if one more person tells someone else who disagrees with them that it's just a tv show, I may have to spork someone.
                        None of that has changed since the new showrunners, though. That's been the same throughout SG-1 as well, and the same throughout other fandoms as well. TPTB might pay some passing attention to the fans, but they follow their own programme, and it has always been the Nielson box families who's opinions carry more weight. I can understand disliking decisions that JM and PM make - but hang them for that, not issues that are just a part of the system.

Regarding Teyla's arc, would you rather that they write her out purely because she is pregnant? I applaud them for adapting her arc to accomodate her. And let's face it, we'd give them hell if they did anything else.
                        sigpic

Comment

Same **** different day & thread here at Gate World.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                            Same **** different day & thread here at Gate World.
                            Er, you expected different??

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                              None of that has changed since the new showrunners, though. That's been the same throughout SG-1 as well, and the same throughout other fandoms as well. TPTB might pay some passing attention to the fans, but they follow their own programme, and it has always been the Nielson box families who's opinions carry more weight. I can understand disliking decisions that JM and PM make - but hang them for that, not issues that are just a part of the system.

Regarding Teyla's arc, would you rather that they write her out purely because she is pregnant? I applaud them for adapting her arc to accomodate her. And let's face it, we'd give them hell if they did anything else.
                              It is also a part of the system to blame the guys in charge when you don't like something. I see nothing wrong with presenting our views to M&M. And evidently, at least JM doesn't either or he wouldn't unscreen all the negative comments on his blog.

I would rather have seen them find clever ways to conceal her pregnancy rather than go with one of the lamest cliches of all time. How many shows have dealt with a main character's pregnancy only to be canceled soon after?
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                It is also a part of the system to blame the guys in charge when you don't like something. I see nothing wrong with presenting our views to M&M. And evidently, at least JM doesn't either or he wouldn't unscreen all the negative comments on his blog.

I would rather have seen them find clever ways to conceal her pregnancy rather than go with one of the lamest cliches of all time. How many shows have dealt with a main character's pregnancy only to be canceled soon after?
                                Sorry - I wasn't clear. I didn't mean voicing opinions to JM, by all means feel free. I meant that the ratings being determined by Nielson households and the writers/PTB not catering to fans.

As for the Teyla's/Rachel's pregnancy, I think hiding it depends upon what period filming and the pregnancy coincide. If they are filming in the early stages of the pregnancy, then yes, concealing it is a possibility. If they are filming during the later stages of pregnancy, then there is little they can do to avoid it being obvious without writing the character out for a duration.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X