This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis and Ori the same (kind of)

Ok you now the how the Ori get more power from the worship of more people so do you think this rule applies to Anubis as well? I mean as more and more people started to follow Anubis he seemed to get better tech so if he had more worhippers then maybe he could gain more knowldge of the ancinets or more ascended powers or something

So what are your thoughts?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

The Ancients are aware of this type of "connection". So anubis might be able to do this as well
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

perhaps it was just another technology he aquired, something that drew off the metaphysically aligned energies of his followers.
      "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

I doubt works that way. He didn't ascend according to the Ori teachings, he used the Ancient ones.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I doubt Anubis know's how it works, surely if he did Oma wouldn't be able to handle him.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            I doubt Anubis know's how it works, surely if he did Oma wouldn't be able to handle him.
            Well he didn't have a whole galaxy of worshipers like the ori, I mean he had a lot but maybe it did give him more poewr
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by TKG View Post
              perhaps it was just another technology he aquired, something that drew off the metaphysically aligned energies of his followers.
              Considering that the bulk of his followers were zombies (Kull Warriors), it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. I do remember Teal'c saying that the Kull warriors became 'confused' after Oma and Anubis started fighting though, so maybe there was some kind of connection?

Originally posted by Exiled Master
              I doubt works that way. He didn't ascend according to the Ori teachings, he used the Ancient ones.
              Actually, he created his own means of ascended by tricking Oma into helping him. Anyway, how you ascend isn't important. Once you're ascended, you're ascended.

Originally posted by jenks
              Oma had followers too, you know?

Originally posted by fugiman
              Well he didn't have a whole galaxy of worshipers like the ori, I mean he had a lot but maybe it did give him more poewr
              Likely not enough to make him notice.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin View Post
                Likely not enough to make him notice.
                I meant that Anubis had enough worshippers to get some power but not neraly as much as the Ori
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  I meant that Anubis had enough worshippers to get some power but not neraly as much as the Ori
                  Right, but the way it was explained by Orlin in The Fourth Horseman the power you get from your worshipers is tiny, which explains why you need a lot of worshipers to actually get anything out of it.

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Oma had followers too, you know?
                    I notice you use your words carefully. She did have followers, which were likely very few in number, but were they worshippers? I'm not sure, I doubt it, but even if they were, would Oma be sapping energy from them? I doubt that too.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      I notice you use your words carefully. She did have followers, which were likely very few in number, but were they worshippers? I'm not sure, I doubt it, but even if they were, would Oma be sapping energy from them? I doubt that too.
                      I doubt Oma sapped energy from them, but it could be an unintended consequence of having followers (or intended with worshipers). Perhaps that's why the other ascended beings acted as a collective, with no one ascended being above the others?

Comment

I doubt Oma sapped energy from them, but it could be an unintended consequence of having followers (or intended with worshipers). Perhaps that's why the other ascended beings acted as a collective, with no one ascended being above the others?

She doesn't seem like the type that would suck energy but I bet Anubis would

But also there are numerous Ori to share the power with and there is only one Anubis so maybe he gets some power but not to much
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

But also there are numerous Ori to share the power with and there is only one Anubis so maybe he gets some power but not to much
                          This has never made any sense to me.

The Ori are supposedly lesser in numbers than the ascended ancients, so in order to make up for the difference in numbers, they sap energy from their followers to grow more powerful, and then don't ascend their followers.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ascend their followers to make up for the difference in numbers? I mean, they all believe the same thing, and their followers seem to be pretty fanatical in their beliefs, so why not just ascend their followers and take on the ascended ancients that way? Seems like it would be much faster than slowly sapping minuscule amounts of power from the masses.

Of course making the Ori ascended vampires makes them more evil I suppose...Not too original though (hello Wraith!).

Comment

This has never made any sense to me.

The Ori are supposedly lesser in numbers than the ascended ancients, so in order to make up for the difference in numbers, they sap energy from their followers to grow more powerful, and then don't ascend their followers.

Wouldn't it make more sense to ascend their followers to make up for the difference in numbers? I mean, they all believe the same thing, and their followers seem to be pretty fanatical in their beliefs, so why not just ascend their followers and take on the ascended ancients that way? Seems like it would be much faster than slowly sapping minuscule amounts of power from the masses.

Of course making the Ori ascended vampires makes them more evil I suppose...Not too original though (hello Wraith!).
                            I've always wondered that as well but I guess the Ori are just greedy and I bet if they did Ascended those humans they might not want to fight becaue they have no beef with the Ancinets and then the Ori just get outnumbered in that sense. So I guess this is the safe way to do it, be it the slow way but it is safe
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

I guess the Ori are just greedy and I bet if they did Ascended those humans they might not want to fight becaue they have no beef with the Ancinets then the Ori just get outnumbered in that sense.
                              The book of origin says those that hide the truth of ascension are evil. The ascended ancients don't tell humans how to ascend, so they're considered evil by the Ori. Their followers believe this, and it would be proven to them if the Ori ascended their followers like they promise.

In other words, they would have a beef with the ancients, because the ancients hide the truth from lower beings.
                              So I guess this is the safe way to do it, be it the slow way but it is safe
                              Seems like shoddy planning (or writing) to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X