This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact the Creators of Atlantis

Does anyone know how? reason Im asking is I have an episode idea that I would like to submit. So any help you could give would be greatly apreciated.

I wish I knew how. I've already got two fanfics that would be great as episodes, and a third in the works. They are in script form, so feel free to take a look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos47 View Post
      Does anyone know how? reason Im asking is I have an episode idea that I would like to submit. So any help you could give would be greatly apreciated.
      There's a whole thing with legal issues and stuff so in the end, it's not really worth it, because TPTB usually do what they want.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I don't even think they're allowed to look at them. I know they can't read fanfics or virtual series.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

To paraphrase Joe Mallozzi, the creators only accept scripts submitted through literary agents and at the moment they have a full writing staff and are not looking for new writers
          sigpic

Comment

What I'd do is this:

Do a treatment for another show (this is a mock script or script segment)

Send it to an agent

If the agent accepts you, begin to build up a body of varied work, but with the vast bulk of it also similar treatments

Submit the best treatment along with your story pitch to TPTB...if they're suitably impressed they'll take your idea unboard...it's highly unlikely you'd be included in the actual writing...at most you'll get a 'story by' credit.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

You contact them the same way that fans contact the actors/actresses for the show. That is the studio where they all work at every day:

Bridge Studios

Send it to: J Mallozzi & P Mullie
              C/O The Bridge Studios
              2400 Boundary Road
              Burnaby, BC
              V5M 3Z3
              Canada

However if I were you I wouldn't bother because I promise you won't get any sort of response back in the slightest from them. Not only because they have a full writing team. They actually had to cut out people like Ken Cuperus (who wrote 'Common Ground'). So if they can't give scripts to people like that, then there is no chance in hell, they will give it to some newbie fan with an idea. Secondly, for legal reasons they can't accept unsolicitied materials. This stops them from maybe having a similar idea to yours, they make it. Then you try to sue them claiming they stole your idea. The best you will get is it returned to you. At worst, you'll never hear nothing back as it'll be thrown straight in the bin the moment they discover what it is!

Not to mention that JM has already explained it all in his blog over the past few months. Here are a few of the responses that he has given:

Anne S. writes: “Is there a way to present stories for Atlantis without an agent, or is the show even accepting unsolicited stories?”

Answer: Sorry, Anne. We’re all staffed up for this season.

Haliyah writes: “How do you get a concept/story/script solicited so that it becomes legitimate and legal in the eyes of the show executives?”

Answer: It would have to be submitted through an agent. But in the case of Atlantis, we’re not currently looking for outside submissions.

Haliyah writes: “How do you get an agent?”

Answer: Get someone to recommend you. If that’s not possible, then seek one out (they used to publish something called The Writer’s Market that offered up lists and contact numbers). Find one and send them a polite query letter, telling them a bit about yourself and whether they’d be interested in reading your work. Then - blow their socks off with your writing samples.

Anonymous #1 writes: “How did you get into writing and what drew you into Sci-Fi?”

Answer: I’ve been writing since I was a kid and I’ve always enjoyed SciFi. As for how Paul and I ended up on Stargate - we were fortunate enough to have an agent who could get our writing samples read by the producers.

Lastly, pitching an idea is far less than actually having a whole script for them if they were actually looking for submissions. So if you really want to get into it, then learn how to write whole scripts.

Comment

Like everyone else said, you're welcome to write to them and tell them how much you admire what they're doing, but don't include any scripts, ideas, suggestions for plots or anything else. That isn't the way it works, for all the reasons already listed and more.

Comment

Well, thanx you guys. kindu depresing but thats life right. well like i said thanx for your help.

- What so noone will ever see me turn into a wraith.
                  - Guess not Shep.
                  - Damn i was looking foward to kicking your butt
                  - Oh thats it

- Im next

So if this animation confused the hell out of you, see the thread "Sheppard the Wraith"

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos47 View Post
                    Well, thanx you guys. kindu depresing but thats life right. well like i said thanx for your help.

- What so noone will ever see me turn into a wraith.
                    - Guess not Shep.
                    - Damn i was looking foward to kicking your butt
                    - Oh thats it

- Im next

So if this animation confused the hell out of you, see the thread "Sheppard the Wraith"
                    It'd be great if we could do that but it'd never happen.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

So has anyone tried to send a query letter to the producers of the show? I was wondering what kind of response was recieved. (I know below it says that "they will not accept..... " but I want to know if anyone has ever tried and what the response was.)

Comment

Just go to Joe Mallozzi's blog and post a few questions in the comments section.

Comment

Working...
                        X