This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper Discussion

Ok, this may have been posed before, but I have a few questions concerning the jumpers.

One - did the cockpit interior change between seasons one and two, and did they give an explanation for this?

Two - If the puddle jumpers really do go as fast as is claimed - that is, fast enough to require inertial dampening, and fast enough to traverse Lantea's solar system in fifteen hours or so (Ex - The Defiant One), and fast enough to pop eyeballs, peel skin away from skulls, and squish brains to the back of heads (Ex - Suspicion) -- the jumpers are therefore presumably traveling faster than the speed of sound. Therefore, my question is this: shouldn't puddlejumpers create a sonic boom? Their design isn't exactly aerodynamic.

Any other questions, or discussions concerning the puddle jumpers?

Creating worlds I know couldn't possibly exist. One little polygon at a time.

I would assume that they don't travel as fast as that within a planets' atmosphere. They don't LOOK that fast when flying through Atlantis in the Wraith battles, etc.

Comment

Ah, but they are traveling that fast in "Suspicion", when Maj. Sheppard explains to Lt. Ford the reason they aren't pulling any G's and the purpose for having the Inertial Dampeners.

E.G. -

Ford: Strange we're not pulling any Gs.
      Sheppard: Yeah... I kind of miss it. Although at this rate of acceleration, we'd be dead by now.
      Ford: Yeah?
      Sheppard: Oh, yeah. Without inertial dampening, we'd be hit by so many Gs, our eyes would pop. The skin would pull away from our faces, our brains would squish up to the back of our skulls, and our internal organs would be crushed into these chairs. What about that sandwich?

As far as how fast the jumpers look when flying the wraith battles within the city, I don't think they were running full-out there. For example, your car is capable of reaching 100mph, but you don't do more than 30 in a Wal-mart parking lot.

Therefore my question still remains.

Comment

Writers never thought of it?

Comment

oh, come now, you're no fun.

lol

Comment

Oh no, we've just opened up another plothole!

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
            X