Is SciFi advertising the finale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is SciFi advertising the finale?

I was wondering, is sci fi advertising the last episode well like they did with '200'? Or will none of the general viewers no that it is actually the last episode until it airs?

They SG-1 marathons on every day this week counting down to the final.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeah, It seems they are adversiting the marathon and the only mention the final episode at the very end of the commercial. I was upset that they didn't advertise the the end of Atlantis's 3rd season.

The way they have shown the seasons, it feels like the season that started last year was a different season than the one they showed this year.

Vala,

Comment

It does seem strange they are not pushing the ending as much as they did with S9's ending..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          It does seem strange they are not pushing the ending as much as they did with S9's ending..
          I bet you they will by Mon or mid week.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I got an email today telling me that Stargate ended this Friday, so they're letting all their email subscribers know at least
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              I got an email today telling me that Stargate ended this Friday, so they're letting all their email subscribers know at least
              Really?! *goes and checks* You're right, guess that is a step in the right direction but for Skiffy it's too little to late.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                I was wondering, is sci fi advertising the last episode well like they did with '200'? Or will none of the general viewers no that it is actually the last episode until it airs?
                There's quite a lot of coverage in TV Guide, no doubt arranged by their publicity department. It makes it very clear it's the last episode.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

I'm definitely seeing a lot of advertising about it being the final episode.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They need to put some advertisements on NBC like they have done for BSG. Right?

Comment

Still not on often prob. because anybody watching will already know aboot it. the marathons are pretty cool though
                        Originally posted by cowpants
                        ...you did it. I can't believe you actually did it. I am quite frankly astounded that you did it.

Thanks to you, I now want several mods to start mating with each other. I wanting to see what Moderator procreation will have in store for us.

And I thought that no one could get me to want this.

Congrats Mapp, you are officially the single most disturbed individual on GW.
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        Rosilin for pres

Comment

Unfortunately, SciFi doesn't advertise for SG-1 outside of occasional commercials on the network itself. They take out space on yahoo, radio stations, etc. for new shows (except for Painkiller Jane for some odd reason), and they aren't treating SG-1 well.

A fan marathon is nice but kind of expected at this point. Besides, they run SG-1 marathons every Tuesday, so this isn't work for them.
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Sadly I've only seen two or three comercials for the finale during the marathon. Which is kinda suprisin IMO because I figured they'd advertise it alot more, I mean this is supposed to be the big finale week marathon after all.

Comment

I'm just afraid that since they're showing a 5-day long marathon, that we won't be getting Stargate on weekdays anymore. Right after they announced the cancellation, they stopped showing the weekday episodes for a week or two. Plus, I really HATE that they cancelled Stargate mondays in April 2006, as if "theme night" wasn't bad enough! Then we got Stargate tuesdays for a little while and even Atlantis mondays but they decided that was a bad idea, although I wish that they would have done it. They even had a full schedule for all the Atlantis episodes every monday and I believe I may have saved their schedule at the time then they deleted it off. I dreamed of the day that there would be Stargate monday and Atlantis tuesdays but I guess that day will never come.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X