This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Hyperspace Speed

Okay, I was watching s03e02 the other day, and apparently we finally got a quoted figure on how fast Asgard ships actually travel.

From Earth --> Pegasus, 4 days.

That means that an Asgard ship (presumably O'Neil class), will travel at the same speed as a Daedalus class battlecruiser supplemented with a ZPM. Which either means that the Asgard ships main power cores are of a similar output than a ZPM, or they are much, MUCH more efficiently integrated with the hyperdrive engines.

Or the Hyperdrives are vastly different from what Daedalus was using. Or a million other different reasons.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
      Or the Hyperdrives are vastly different from what Daedalus was using. Or a million other different reasons.
      Do you actually think it's your job to just post responses to every one of my threads, basically saying "bs"?

Be constructive or **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
        Do you actually think it's your job to just post responses to every one of my threads, basically saying "bs"?

Wells thats Jimbo for you get used to it
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Okay, I was watching s03e02 the other day, and apparently we finally got a quoted figure on how fast Asgard ships actually travel.

From Earth --> Pegasus, 4 days.

That means that an Asgard ship (presumably O'Neil class), will travel at the same speed as a Daedalus class battlecruiser supplemented with a ZPM. Which either means that the Asgard ships main power cores are of a similar output than a ZPM, or they are much, MUCH more efficiently integrated with the hyperdrive engines.
          Actually it doesn't prove anything about the Asgard powersources being equal to a Z.P.M. Think about it this way the hyperdrive engines have a limit to how fast they can go the Z.P.M provides enough power to fully power the hyperdrive to it's maximum limits. The asgard powercore can also power the hyperdrive engines to their maximum limits. Doesn't mean the Asgard power sources are anywhere near as strong as a Z.P.M though. It only means with sufficant power 4 days is the fastest an Asgard hyperdive can travel.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

So asgard hyperdrives can go nearly 31,250 light years per hour, compared to our BC-304s that fly at around 6,945 light years per hour. The prometheus in Pometheus unbound went at around 450 lightyears per hour, making their trip a little over 3/4 of a year long, one way.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Watch the language. Firstly, your using a logical fallacy to tie two things together. Its just like when Al Gore says "ITS HOT, GLOBAL WARMING".
              Your basically concluding one of two things:
              A) Asgard hyperdrives are more efficient(quite possible)
              B) Asgard power sources are the equivalent of ZPM's(possible, but less likely)

This is limited because there are so many other unexplored reasons. Firstly, an Asgard O'neill class is many times larger than Daedalus, and we don't really know what factor that could play. It is made of different materials, and might actually be more "streamlined" for traveling through hyperspace. AS unlikely as though seem, there are any number of reasons for why the Asgard travel as fast as they do. It is not limited to the two easiest conclusions.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                Watch the language. Firstly, your using a logical fallacy to tie two things together. Its just like when Al Gore says "ITS HOT, GLOBAL WARMING".
                Your basically concluding one of two things:
                A) Asgard hyperdrives are more efficient(quite possible)
                B) Asgard power sources are the equivalent of ZPM's(possible, but less likely)

This is limited because there are so many other unexplored reasons. Firstly, an Asgard O'neill class is many times larger than Daedalus, and we don't really know what factor that could play. It is made of different materials, and might actually be more "streamlined" for traveling through hyperspace. AS unlikely as though seem, there are any number of reasons for why the Asgard travel as fast as they do. It is not limited to the two easiest conclusions.

The Asgard dont weigh as much as we do .

Comment

LOL i like that theory, but there are some severe script issues because i remember when SG-1 first learned of the Asguard's replicator problem and their invasion of the Asguard homeworld Thor towed the Promtheus all the way to another galaxy in what seemed like mere seconds

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                    So asgard hyperdrives can go nearly 31,250 light years per hour.
                    If only the USSVoyager had been equipped with an Asgard Hyperdrive (The show would have been quite boring mind)

Comment

maximum speed without causing damage 8 light years per hour?

Comment

I don't know about these figures
                        we've seen the asgard travel between galaxies incredibly fast
                        in New Order we've seen them travel between Earth and Orilla twice within hours
                        also in Unnatural Selection even towing the prometheus only took them a few hours to the asgard galaxy
                        unending spoillers:
                        Spoiler:
                        appearently it took the Odyssey several days to get to the asgard galaxy with the zpm, but after the asgard upgraded the Odyssey they got back to the MW within hours

so I'm guessing the asgard have hyperdrives that are more powerful than the ones they got on the Daedauls.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                          If only the USSVoyager had been equipped with an Asgard Hyperdrive (The show would have been quite boring mind)
                          eheheheh lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                            LOL i like that theory, but there are some severe script issues because i remember when SG-1 first learned of the Asguard's replicator problem and their invasion of the Asguard homeworld Thor towed the Promtheus all the way to another galaxy in what seemed like mere seconds

He towed Prometheus in a couple seconds back to Earth so O'Neill and co. can get their hands on some "projectile weaponry". I think many people ignore the fact that the Asgard don't need a lot of stuff on their ship. One person or a remote control can fly the ship. They replicate things on the spot, whereas, we have to "refrigerate"/carry them.

Jokes aside, we do not have enough data to draw a proper conclusion. There are so many plot holes...one does not know what to believe anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              He towed Prometheus in a couple seconds back to Earth so O'Neill and co. can get their hands on some "projectile weaponry". I think many people ignore the fact that the Asgard don't need a lot of stuff on their ship. One person or a remote control can fly the ship.

i thought it only took seconds because the ida galaxy was really close compared to the Pegasus galaxy... i remember distinctly that either general Laundry or Colonel cater saying that it wold take the asgard a maximum 4 days to reach the pegasus... at full power

can some tell me the figure on how long it took the dadaelus to reach pegasus galaxy with the ZPM (in the episode siege3 sea2ep1)

Comment

Working...
                              X