Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ark of Truth/alternate idea (spoilers for new SG-1 Movies)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ark of Truth/alternate idea (spoilers for new SG-1 Movies)

According to the new spoilers released about the Ark of Truth, the Ark is indeed a way of manipulating and changing the Ori followers' belief so that they can see the truth.

I always thought it was something like that, and I'm disappointed at how right I was...I would much rather have something else instead because it sounds like a really rubbish idea to me.

I think that the Ark should be an uber-massive ancient warship buried somewhere in the milky way with two of every creature from the era when the ancients ruled the galaxy aboard, as well as the best damn weapons that they had back then, complete with one of the dakara weapons and possibly the others we've seen from the ten seasons so far.

I could just imagine an Ori fleet gathering and preparing to leave to the milky way via thier own supergate when all of a sudden it opens from our side, and they're all looking confused and thinking 'wtf?' and suddenly, this huge muvva-frakking ancient Ark sails through, bigger than any of their ships, and the priors aboard them are going 'Oh FRAK.'

Then BOOM!! Bye bye Ori ships and just behind the Ark, the tiny Asgard-powered Odysee flies in behind to accompany the Ark to devastate the Ori galaxy, knowing that it's the only way to destroy the Ori threat and make sure they don't try to convert any other galaxies.

I think that this idea is much better than what tptb have planned but that's just me. Thoughts?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Wow! Although I personally think the Ark of Truth-idea that TPTB are going for is interesting enough, your giant, Ark of Noah-ish ship with big, honkin' space guns sounds way cooler.

I especially like the image of a Stardestroyer-sized ship piloted by SG-1 coming through the Supergate.

But there's kind of problem with it... I mean, if Earth would have a ship that big and powerful, don't you think they'd become a little too powerful? I mean, I know they have a couple great ships and the Odyssee has Asgard-technology, but Earth would be unstoppable with a ship like that.

Then again, I guess there's a way around that... Like, maybe the ship needs a whole battery of ZPM's just to power it.
    Last edited by Aryk Celestis; 16 June 2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Personally, I'm a little disappointed with Cooper's revelation as to what the Ark's function is, since I kinda suspected from the start that it would be one uber deus ex machina.

From the looks of things, the device will be able to neutralize both the Ori (or Adria, assuming the rest of them are gone) *and* all their followers in one fell swoop by brainwashing the latter group into abandoning their faith, and thus removing the former group's main source of power. And it'll probably happen within the last 5-10 minutes of the show.

I was kinda hoping that TPTB would've kept the Ori around as a large impending threat even after AoT for some possible future direct-to-DVD sequels, but it looks like everything will be resolved in AoT. Quite a shame, considering how deadly the Ori were as compared to all other threats faced by the SGC, only to be defeated in such a short timeframe.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryk Celestis View Post
        Wow! Although I personally think the Ark of Truth-idea that TPTB are going for is interesting enough, your giant, Ark of Noah-ish ship with big, honkin' space guns sounds way cooler.

I especially like the image of a Stardestroyer-sized ship piloted by SG-1 coming through the Supergate.

But there's kind of problem with it... I mean, if Earth would have a ship that big and powerful, don't you think they'd become a little too powerful? I mean, I know they have a couple great ships and the Odyssee has Asgard-technology, but Earth would be unstoppable with a ship like that.

Then again, I guess there's a way around that... Like, maybe the ship needs a whole battery of ZPM's just to power it.
        I was thinking that the Ark would get destroyed or left behind, like maybe when the Ori see that their followers are getting majestically owned by SG-1 along with the Odyssey, then they try and interfere...and as soon as they do, the ancients turn up and say 'oi, smegheads' and then we have a massive battle going on between the ancients and the Ori which consequently ends in the Ori galaxy being destroyed and the Ark along with it, SG-1 barely making it out through the supergate in the Odyssey.

And maybe we never find out if the ancients survived or not, but I think that it would certainly be an amazing movie...and maybe to make it more epic, a member of the team sacrifices themselves to give the Ark that last boost against the Ori followers during the battle.

Just some more ideas here...
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

me likes the idea
          I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Anyone else got any thoughts on what the Ark could have been instead?

sigpic

Comment

When it's opened, a bunch of ghosty Ancients come out and cause you to melt, but only if you look at them. Nazi's are also involved, somehow.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                When it's opened, a bunch of ghosty Ancients come out and cause you to melt, but only if you look at them. Nazi's are also involved, somehow.
                lol in a weird kinda way, tptb's idea always reminded me of Indiana Jones...

sigpic

Comment

hmmm well your idea certainly seems epic.... Giant noah's ark...
                  It would be a bit hypocritical of SG1, they say they don't want the Ori to come and takeover our galaxy but then they go and do the exact same thing.
                  Also the Ori can interfere, even if they are dead Adria isn't and she would look to kindly at SG1 coming and completely pwning her galaxy.
                  I don't really like movies that have huge action sequences, just for the sake of having huge action sequences, the movie just feels...overdone.
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

I don't think it should either, space battles tend to bore me. As I explained more in my previous post, if the Ori did interfere then the ancients should turn up with the gun of ownage and kick the crap out of them.

And a battle on another plain of existence wouldn't be like firing weapons at each other, it'd be like suns exploding and planets disappearing and parts of the universe getting turned on it's head.

The Ark is based on the Noah's Ark story and in that, the Ark carried 2 of each animal so life could begin again after the great flood. So since this one is an ancient warship and apparently life in the milky way galaxy was destroyed thousands of years before by the Dakara weapon, and life began again after...(or so I heard)

Then maybe the Ark could drop a huge uber-weapon in the dead-centre of the Ori galaxy and from there it spreads, killing every last living thing in that galay and wiping the slate completely clean. Leaving nothing but an empty galaxy where in time life can begin again, and it would also make the Ori virtually powerless against the ancients.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                      I don't think it should either, space battles tend to bore me. As I explained more in my previous post, if the Ori did interfere then the ancients should turn up with the gun of ownage and kick the crap out of them.

And a battle on another plain of existence wouldn't be like firing weapons at each other, it'd be like suns exploding and planets disappearing and parts of the universe getting turned on it's head.

The Ark is based on the Noah's Ark story and in that, the Ark carried 2 of each animal so life could begin again after the great flood. So since this one is an ancient warship and apparently life in the milky way galaxy was destroyed thousands of years before by the Dakara weapon, and life began again after...(or so I heard)

Then maybe the Ark could drop a huge uber-weapon in the dead-centre of the Ori galaxy and from there it spreads, killing every last living thing in that galay and wiping the slate completely clean. Leaving nothing but an empty galaxy where in time life can begin again, and it would also make the Ori virtually powerless against the ancients.
                      It sounds a bit like Anubis's plan, TPTB shouldn't do the same thing twice. I don't think the ancients can interfere with stuff outside their own galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        It sounds a bit like Anubis's plan, TPTB shouldn't do the same thing twice. I don't think the ancients can interfere with stuff outside their own galaxy.
                        'TPTB shouldn't do the same thing twice'?

Oh really? What about Ripple Effect? And the fact that each time some big bad appears, they pull out a new ancient superweapon...And the idea that the Ori are just what the Goauld were; false gods - with few differences like they ascended.

And that they share the same weakness, no followers means no power.

sigpic

Comment

'TPTB shouldn't do the same thing twice'?

Oh really? What about Ripple Effect? And the fact that each time some big bad appears, they pull out a new ancient superweapon...And the idea that the Ori are just what the Goauld were; false gods - with few differences like they ascended.

And that they share the same weakness, no followers means no power.
                          The ori will still have power, just not as much. I said the shouldn't do the same thing twice, that doesn't mean they don't do the same thing twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                            The ori will still have power, just not as much. I said the shouldn't do the same thing twice, that doesn't mean they don't do the same thing twice.
                            But this hasn't been done before in any sort of context. When has SG-1 ever rode a massive Ark into an enemy galaxy and bombarded planets before?

sigpic

Comment

But this hasn't been done before in any sort of context. When has SG-1 ever rode a massive Ark into an enemy galaxy and bombarded planets before?
                              No I mean the thing about the Ori wiping out the galaxy and starting again

Comment

Working...
                              X