This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New type of anti-Prior device? #SPOILERS FOR DOMINION#

When they first developed the anti-Prior device it was basically a sonic weapon that inhibited the priors.

Earth scientists have studied Khalek enough to devise a weapon to use against the Priors, who are evolutionarily advanced human beings. The device, developed by Dr. Lee and Lt. Colonel Carter, is a frequency generator that emits an omni-directional ultrasonic field in fluctuating frequencies. In theory it prevents the Prior from accessing the highly advanced part of his brain that gives him extraordinary abilities. Lee also hopes it will interfere with a Prior's connection to his staff weapon. It has multiple frequency ranges, in case one does not work.
    However in Dominion they said that it used a form of EM radiation (which is apparently detectable from light-years away ) to stop the priors abilities. So my question is, is it a new form of anti-Prior device, or did they just retcon the way it worked?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

no they saiud that baal had developed his own version that used em radiation, not that it was their version I dont beleive.
    "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

It could be a derative from our version since they both work with waves, wether it be EM or sonic, perhaps the EM does a better job at disrupting than the sound

Comment

Originally posted by TKG View Post
        no they saiud that baal had developed his own version that used em radiation, not that it was their version I dont beleive.
        You are correct my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TKG View Post
          But how would they know to track that type of radiation? Or did Baal's Jaffa tell them, I can't quite remember? Either way Baal's device was based off the Tau'ri device.
          Last edited by jds1982; 16 June 2007, 03:09 PM.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Baal said he learned something from the Tau'ri, that could mean he got the idea to inhibit prior abilities but made his own design, or its an exact knock off of our version.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              But how would they know to track that type of radiation? Or did Baal's Jaffa tell them, I can't quite remember? Either way Baal's device was based off the Tau'ri device.
              Im not sure...the jaffa who was on dratonin might have told them but then how would he have such exacting information?
              "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

They said this:

"This room shows a pronounced level of the same E.M. radiation generated by the anti-Prior device. Looks like you were right."

The Earth version emits it, Ba'al also devised something based on the same technology as the humans to inhibit Adria's powers. Meaning his device also outputs detectable E.M. radiation.

Comment

I suppose the device could still use soundwaves, and emit EM radiation as a side effect, although that seems stupid.

Comment

Well, electromagnetic radiation is actually still 'sound waves' in the RF spectrum...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Well, electromagnetic radiation is actually still 'sound waves' in the RF spectrum...
                      What the... ?
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Where did you get this information from?

Comment

It's true, while not entirely, they are both waves. Sound waves are sound waves and EM waves are EM waves, they just have a different wave length.

But that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                            It's true, while not entirely, they are both waves. Sound waves are sound waves and EM waves are EM waves, they just have a different wave length.

But that's about it.
                            Um sound requires a medium through which to travel, whereas electromagnetic radiation does not, they are completely different things, and their difference is not even remotely determined by their wavelength.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post

But that's about it.
                              Are you sure you're not thinking of radiowaves? They're just another electro magnetic wavelength like light etc, but sound waves are totally different.

Comment

Working...
                              X