X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Stargate SG-1 Anthology Book

Hey guys,

I work for BenBella Books, an independent SF and F publisher in Dallas, Texas, and we just received our final copy of our NEW Stargate anthology book, "Stepping Through the Stargate: Science, Archaeology and the Military in STARGATE SG-1" edited by P.N. Elrod and Roxanne Conrad. The book will be released Oct. 1 but can be pre-ordered on Amazon or at our copy Web site at this link:

http://66.84.52.211/cgi-bin/plugins...ategory_Code=SS

The book features various science fiction/fantasy writers and other science professionals (an archaeologist, an astronomer, a parasitologist, a retired colonel, a philosopher, etc.) talking about their favorite show, Stargate SG-1! The book also features an essay by TOM MCBEATH, who plays COL. MAYBOURNE as well as an essay by James Tichenor, who is the Visual Effects Producer for Stargate SG-1. I can personally attest, since I've helped edit the book, that the book is really fascinating and well written.

Anyway, if you are interested in reading different perspectives about the show and learning "behind-the-scenes" info from people that actually work on Stargate SG-1, check out the book. Also, feel free to email me or reply to this message with your thoughts on the book. I'd love to hear what the hard-core fans think so we can make our future books even better. Here at the office, we are all huge fans of the show--(in fact, this Wednesday, we are all having a STARGATE SG-1 screening party at the office after work. Everyone gets to pick their favorite episode and we are going to enjoy the evening with the Stargate Crew).

Enjoy everyone!! And check out our Web site www.benbellabooks.com if you want more information about our company and other books!

Below is a release about the book:
    BenBella Publishing Releases a Captivating and Astute Anthology of One of the Most Popular Science Fiction Television Shows Ever This October

Stepping through the Stargate

Stepping Through the Stargate: Science, Archaeology and the Military in Stargate SG-1 explores aspects of the most popular, highest-rated show on the SciFi Channel, Stargate SG-1. The result is a selection of essays juxtaposing the opinions of science experts and science fiction authors. From archaeology to parasitology to popular criticism, this is a fascinating collection that delves into every aspect of Stargate SG-1 with the same humor and intellectual curiosity of the show itself.

In this fascinating book, you’ll learn:

• Is Stargate really possible?

• Why Stargate SG-1 is better than Star Trek.

• The science behind Stargate, including astronomy, astrophysics and archaeology.

• The fashion police weigh in on Stargate.

• And much, much more about this break-through SF series!

Contributors include Tom McBeath who portrays Col. Harry Maybourne on the show, Stargate’s visual effects coordinator James Tichenor, archaeologist Sue Linder-Linsley and acclaimed authors Jim Butcher and Susan Sizemore, as well as input from astrophysicists, a NASA astronomer, a retired colonel and a philosopher/psychologist.

Stepping Through the Stargate: Science, Archaeology and the Military in Stargate SG-1

Editor(s): P.N. Elrod, Roxanne Conrad
    ISBN: 1-932100-32-6
    Price: $17.95
    Publication Month: October 2004
    Publisher: BenBella Books
    Trade Paperback

###
    BenBella Books is an independent press specializing in popular culture and intelligent non-fiction, and distributed by Independent Publishers Group.
    VISIT US ON THE WEB AT WWW.BENBELLABOOKS.COM

Sounds cool.

PS You double threaded.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I know I doubled threaded and I sincerely apologize about that!!!

I was getting *post-happy* before I realized I listed in the wrong place.

Happy Reading!!!

Nicole

Comment

Hi, Nicole. I found the first link in your post wouldn't load,so I tried the main site.Soon found the info,under "upcoming books".
        http://www.benbellabooks.com/upcomingline.html

I'll be ordering the Anthology (through GW's Amazon link) as soon as possible.

Happy Posting !
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Sounds cool.

Comment

F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S......

Enjoy the Book!!!

Comment

i have to say the part of the book im looking foward to the most is would a stargate be possible and the astrophysics behind the show, or lack there off.
              Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Sounds really good, I will have to buy it when I got some money.

Comment

good qeustions

Comment

Working...
                  X