PDA

View Full Version : Miller's Crossing Pre Airing Speculation and Discussion (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2

Copernicus
April 3rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
How pleased am I? So pleased that I’m revealing the working title for episode nine: Miller’s Crossing. I like it. We’ll see if it sticks.
This is where we start speculating, if I've done this right.

(If I've made an error, please don't throw rocks at me. I don't know why I think you would. I just have a fear of that kind of thing.)

Steve_the_Wraith
April 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Apparently its going to be a "dark" episode

Anonymous #5 writes: “Which episodes in season 4 would you say are considered to be "darker" like Common ground (sga) and talion (sg1), if there are any!”

Answer: Off the top of my head - Reunion, Missing, and Miller's Crossing offer varying degrees of darkness. Doppelganger and Lifelife certainly have their dark moments as well.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
My bet is that it'll see the return of one Jeanie Miller, which if true rocks

Joe Mallozzi mentioned that Gero was working on a sequel to his best story from season 3 (which imo was McKay and Mrs. Miller)

Mitchell82
April 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM

Joe Mallozzi mentioned that Gero was working on a sequel to his best story from season 3 (which imo was McKay and Mrs. Miller)

Oooo I hope so. I so want to see her again.

PG15
April 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Yup, Jeanie certainly jumps to mind. Of course, with Gero writing it...well, let's just say there is a certain...deadly trend with all of his episodes. ;)

(Not that he isn't a Mega SuperUberGod, of course)

vaberella
April 4th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Oooo I hope so. I so want to see her again.

Me too, me too, me too. :D *hops around like a pink bunny*

rarocks24
April 4th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Yup, Jeanie certainly jumps to mind. Of course, with Gero writing it...well, let's just say there is a certain...deadly trend with all of his episodes. ;)

(Not that he isn't a Mega SuperUberGod, of course)

Miller crosses paths with a one Lucius Lavin? :confused:

I think there may be a problem, possibly a death in the family?

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Me too, me too, me too. :D *hops around like a pink bunny*

LOL. The banter between her and mckay was priceless.

jenks
April 4th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Miller crosses paths with a one Lucius Lavin? :confused:

I think there may be a problem, possibly a death in the family?

I was thinkg that too.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
I was thinkg that too.

Could be. Mabey her husband or one of her kids.

ElessarUSMC
April 4th, 2007, 08:31 PM
maybe her husband's kidnapped by Baal ;)

cshawzye
April 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
It's an interesting title ... It could be interpreted a bunch of different ways. I definitely hope it does involve Jeanie, because that would be awesome. Kate Hewlett is great. But the word "Crossing" is a bit ominous, especially in a "dark" episode title since when I think of crossing in a dark context I think of someone crossing over.

Copernicus
April 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
It's an interesting title ... It could be interpreted a bunch of different ways. I definitely hope it does involve Jeanie, because that would be awesome. Kate Hewlett is great. But the word "Crossing" is a bit ominous, especially in a "dark" episode title since when I think of crossing in a dark context I think of someone crossing over.
Or it could be that Jeannie gets sent over the dimensional bridge as Atlantis does an AU episode.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
maybe her husband's kidnapped by Baal ;)

As much as I love Ba'al...no. Not in SGA.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 09:13 PM

I'm thinking the same thing. I just hope it's not Jeannie.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Or it could be that Jeannie gets sent over the dimensional bridge as Atlantis does an AU episode.

On our side, or another. In other words does she come here or do we send here somewhere else?

cshawzye
April 4th, 2007, 09:17 PM

That would be an interesting episode. But I'm not sure about the darkness that could come out of an episode like that. Especially if it was just in an AU where nothing affects the team in their universe.

I'm thinking the same thing. I just hope it's not Jeannie.

Same here. I hope they get to use her a lot. I thought she brought a really nice human side of Rodney. He couldn't just be the super-genius around her but he actually fumbled and messed up and had to figure out how to navigate that relationship. I love seeing that side of Rodney. And David and Kate play very well off of each other.

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Same here. I hope they get to use her a lot. I thought she brought a really nice human side of Rodney. He couldn't just be the super-genius around her but he actually fumbled and messed up and had to figure out how to navigate that relationship. I love seeing that side of Rodney. And David and Kate play very well off of each other.

Agreed. Kate and David really do play well off each other and she brings a much more himan side to mckay. I too hope they use her alot.

kymeric
April 5th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Im calling it! Mckays sister dies!

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Im calling it! Mckays sister dies!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!;) :cameron:

SallyLizzie
April 5th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Kate rocks! Would be super to see her back as Jeannie, whether it's the real Jeannie or an AU Jeannie.

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Kate rocks! Would be super to see her back as Jeannie, whether it's the real Jeannie or an AU Jeannie.

Agreed. I sure hope she is in this ep.

Willow'sCat
April 5th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Well I am in two minds on this, Yes! I WANT KATE BACK ON SGA! :D NO I don't want Jeannie & Rodney being brats to each other, I do have siblings I do know it goes on, but even my brothers and I have moments where we are adults. I want to see them behave themselves, and as Joe M has already said we will not be getting "lighter" episodes as such this season I hope that means they have done away with the stupid juvenile "teasing and tauting" of each other (well McKay). :rolleyes:

M&MM had high points but for me it had very sad and low, low points. Martin Gero (if he is penning this one) is great but I have a love hate relationship with his treatment of McKay, so I am cautiously optimistic but not deluded. :cool:

Mitchell82
April 5th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Well I am in two minds on this, Yes! I WANT KATE BACK ON SGA! :D NO I don't want Jeannie & Rodney being brats to each other, I do have siblings I do know it goes on, but even my brothers and I have moments where we are adults. I want to see them behave themselves, and as Joe M has already said we will not be getting "lighter" episodes as such this season I hope that means they have done away with the stupid juvenile "teasing and tauting" of each other (well McKay). :rolleyes:

M&MM had high points but for me it had very sad and low, low points. Martin Gero (if he is penning this one) is great but I have a love hate relationship with his treatment of McKay, so I am cautiously optimistic but not deluded. :cool:

I actually quite liked the banter between Jeannie and rod so I can't wait if she is in it.

expendable_crewman
April 5th, 2007, 11:34 PM
It's got to have McKay's sister. She's the only Miller in the series.

Funny, every time I hear the ep's title I think of Gabriel Byrne taking a long walk in the woods with a killer and some guy yelling, "Hankie time!"

Now that's dark. Can't get that out of my head.

Naonak
April 10th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Joe Mallozzi has indicated in his blog that a follow-up to 'McKay and Mrs Miller' looks promising.

Benny writes: “Which of these past episodes is most likely gonna have a follow up in season 4: The Brotherhood ( for the Dagan ZPM) , Before I slept( for the three unexplored planets with potential ZPMs), The condemned ( The fate of the Olesians and their technology), The Hive ( Ford's whereabouts and the Wraith Civil war), Aurora ( wraith weakness), Common ground ( the noble wraith), Mckay and Mrs. Miller ( project acturus) .”

Answer: Those last two look pretty promising.

(What the hell did people do for spoilers before he started this thing? :rolleyes:)

Serebii
April 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
It's got to have McKay's sister. She's the only Miller in the series.

Funny, every time I hear the ep's title I think of Gabriel Byrne taking a long walk in the woods with a killer and some guy yelling, "Hankie time!"

Now that's dark. Can't get that out of my head.
Lt Miller from Seige Part 1. The pilot of the Jumper McKay used to go to the Weapon Satellite :p

ussrelativity
April 10th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Lt Miller from Seige Part 1. The pilot of the Jumper McKay used to go to the Weapon Satellite :p

That is another one. I am leaning more towards Jeannie appearing again, since it would make the most sense. The more details I can get, the better I can make my fanfic efforts.

Copernicus
April 10th, 2007, 03:15 PM
(What the hell did people do for spoilers before he started this thing? :rolleyes:)
We mostly just made random junk up. Those were the good old days.

ata_beckett
April 11th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I hope the word "Crossing" doesn't refer to Jeanie switching sides....

*shifty eyes*

Steve_the_Wraith
April 11th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Maybe Jeannie visits an alternate reality

Mitchell82
April 11th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I hope the word "Crossing" doesn't refer to Jeanie switching sides....

*shifty eyes*

That could be interesting. A brainwashed Jeannie could be interesting, or mabey RepliJeannie!;)

cshawzye
April 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
That could be interesting. A brainwashed Jeannie could be interesting, or mabey RepliJeannie!;)

lol! RepliJeannie! I love it. :)

Though I think the idea of a Jeannie being brainwashed or somehow manipulated into and/or onto a darker side is an interesting idea.

Mitchell82
April 11th, 2007, 09:05 PM
lol! RepliJeannie! I love it. :)

Though I think the idea of a Jeannie being brainwashed or somehow manipulated into and/or onto a darker side is an interesting idea.

Hehehe Thanks. Yeah a darker side of her would be interesting also, I remember loving seeing AT doing darkside Carter so this could be interesting if they do this.

cshawzye
April 12th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Hehehe Thanks. Yeah a darker side of her would be interesting also, I remember loving seeing AT doing darkside Carter so this could be interesting if they do this.

It would be neat to get to see Kate move out a bit, away from just being "Rodney's sister" to get a chance to portray something different. Like a darker side to the character or something. Seems appropriate too since that's the big talk surrounding s4. It's gonna be darker.

I just wonder if they were going to do something like that, how would it come about? The Jeannie we know is now safe back on earth with her family, right? Is she still turning out proofs and things or has she settled back into her life as before? And what might launch her or be the catalyst for her return into the world of Atlantis?

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
It would be neat to get to see Kate move out a bit, away from just being "Rodney's sister" to get a chance to portray something different. Like a darker side to the character or something. Seems appropriate too since that's the big talk surrounding s4. It's gonna be darker.

I just wonder if they were going to do something like that, how would it come about? The Jeannie we know is now safe back on earth with her family, right? Is she still turning out proofs and things or has she settled back into her life as before? And what might launch her or be the catalyst for her return into the world of Atlantis?
Mabey she comes at the 11th hour to save mckay from a cruical mistake, or she comes to offer her support to her pregnant brother.;) :cameron:

PG15
April 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
News for the episode:

Anonymous #4 writes: “What can David "awesome" Hewlett fans look forward to in McKay's arc?”

Answer: Martin’s top secret script, Miller’s Crossing, offers a glimpse at a much more sympathetic, vulnerable McKay.

Mitchell82
April 12th, 2007, 08:09 PM
News for the episode:

A vulnerable Mckay, very interesting.

Copernicus
April 12th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Self-doubt for one, parenthood for another,
And that brilliant young mom may be needing her brother.
Given what we know now know about this episode, could both of these lines be referring to Miller's Crossing? If so, that rules out McKay as a parent.

BewareofthePhil
April 13th, 2007, 05:31 AM
I reckon Alternate McCay dies, and she "crosses" over to his reality to fill his place in Alternatlantis. I'ma geniuss!

jenks
April 13th, 2007, 06:41 AM
A vulnerable Mckay, very interesting.

Interesting indeed, especially considering the title, perhaps he is being misleading when he says 'McKay'.

PG15
April 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
More news on this episode:

Sarah writes: “Are we going to see any of the main cast out of their uniforms in season 4?”

Answer: Yup. Even Teyla and Ronon will don some atypical civvies in Miller’s Crossing.

I think the team is going back to Earth.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 14th, 2007, 05:13 PM
^ Can you imagine Ronon trying to "blend in" on Earth? lol :D

cshawzye
April 14th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Atypical civvies and a vulnerable McKay? Sounds interesting. I'd bet they're earth bound as well. But, if they are going, the "for what" of the situation should be even more interesting. If Jeannie is in the episode than what could happen with/to her that would require the Atlantis team specifically?

Mitchell82
April 14th, 2007, 09:12 PM
^ Can you imagine Ronon trying to "blend in" on Earth? lol :D

LOL lets just hope his Earth name isnt "Murray". :p ;)

ashman2
April 15th, 2007, 03:10 AM
perhaps the episode has something to do with the film 'Miller's Crossing' from about 1990.

Steve_the_Wraith
April 15th, 2007, 05:11 AM
Martin Gero is writing this, he has a habit of having his episode titles be puns on the name of films

Childhood's End (name of a famous novel)
McKay and Mrs. Miller (the western by the name of McCabe and Mrs. Miller)
The Gift
The Lost Boys
etc..

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 01:38 PM
LOL lets just hope his Earth name isnt "Murray". :p ;)

lol, ah Murray, it's a name that's served Teal'c well. Perhaps Ronon's more of a Marvin? :p :D

Steve_the_Wraith
April 15th, 2007, 02:08 PM
He doesn't need a nickname - Ronon is a fairly common name where I come from (It's Ireland btw)

cshawzye
April 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Perhaps he doesn't need one but it's fun to give him one none-the-less. :ronan:

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 02:17 PM
He doesn't need a nickname - Ronon is a fairly common name where I come from (It's Ireland btw)

That's cool - do you know what it means? *curious*

Steve_the_Wraith
April 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
We spell it Ronan, pronounced almost the same then

Ronan "ro + nan"
From ron "a seal." Legend tells of a seal who is warned never to stray too close to the land. When the "seal child" is swept ashore by a huge wave, she becomes trapped in a human form, known as a "Selkie" or "seal maiden." Although she lives as the wife of a fisherman and bears him children, known as "ronans" or "little seals," she never quite loses her "sea-longing." Eventually she finds the "seal-skin" which the fisherman has hidden and slips back into the ocean. But she can't forget her husband and children and can even be seen swimming close to the shore, keeping a watchful eye on them.

Killdeer
April 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM
We spell it Ronan, pronounced almost the same then

Ronan "ro + nan"
From ron "a seal." Legend tells of a seal who is warned never to stray too close to the land. When the "seal child" is swept ashore by a huge wave, she becomes trapped in a human form, known as a "Selkie" or "seal maiden." Although she lives as the wife of a fisherman and bears him children, known as "ronans" or "little seals," she never quite loses her "sea-longing." Eventually she finds the "seal-skin" which the fisherman has hidden and slips back into the ocean. But she can't forget her husband and children and can even be seen swimming close to the shore, keeping a watchful eye on them.

That's interesting! Thank you! :)

Starxgate
April 15th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Ronon might finally be able to check out a TV

sueKay
April 15th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Just had an interesting thought about this ep...

'atypical civvies'?

...Maybe this time we met the alternate Jeannie?

SallyLizzie
April 16th, 2007, 06:04 AM
...Maybe this time we met the alternate Jeannie?
That would make more sense than the real Jeannie crossing the bridge into an alternate universe.

Wait, didn't JM say this was the ep where we got vulnerable Rodney? So...

"Self doubt for one; parenthood for another,
And this brilliant young mom may be needing her brother"

Could the first line refer to Miller's Crossing and the second refer to M&MM?

It could be an AU where AU!Jeannie & AU!Rodney are a like a super team, and then AU!Jeannie finds out she's preggers and Rodney doubts he can carry on without Jeannie.

Er... yeah. :p

Jack'O'Neill
May 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
mckay sister come back to Atlantis and she get kidnapped by some one don't know who ???:mckay:

PG15
May 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
What are you talking about? Do you know something about the episode we don't? ;)

rosey_angel
May 27th, 2007, 01:41 AM
mckay sister come back to Atlantis and she get kidnapped by some one don't know who ???:mckay:

she does?

the way i've interreted the spoilers from JM and others, i gathered we'd be seeing Jeannie on Earth, coz some of the info seems to indicate Earth stuff... *hopes is not thinking of another ep, coz that would be pretty embarressing*

Jack'O'Neill
May 27th, 2007, 02:42 AM
i got lil bit information from a cast member who i will not say

i was at the studio

a while back and got to see lot of things i won't say what

lol

:jack:

marty2006
May 27th, 2007, 06:53 AM
i got lil bit information from a cast member who i will not say

i was at the studio

a while back and got to see lot of things i won't say what

lol

:jack:

Shut up !!

vaberella
May 27th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Well I know that Teyla and Ronon go to Earth, maybe they join Rodney in Miller's Crossing. They also said it would probably something traumatic or I read it as traumatic for McKay. So she's kidnapped...or her poor little parasite,well it's good the being has her uncle and daddy.

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Shut up !!

Seconded! Jack how dare you taunt us like that!:tealcanime22:

ChelApophis
May 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Well I know that Teyla and Ronon go to Earth, maybe they join Rodney in Miller's Crossing. They also said it would probably something traumatic or I read it as traumatic for McKay. So she's kidnapped...or her poor little parasite,well it's good the being has her uncle and daddy.

Parasite:lol: ! Lol, you crack me up!
So, his sister gets kidnapped , hey! The poor doll! Now , I can only guess:
1.She goes to Atlantis:
a. Zelenka kidnappes her, for 2 good reasons: 1. He's in love with her and she loves him, so they run away on a lonely planet in Pegasus galaxy!:o and 2. He is jealous of McKay, because he is smarter, so he decides to kidnapp and marry his sister, so McKay writes " A dog's breakfast"
2. Ronon runs away with her, no need for kidnapp in this case.
3.A replicator kidnapps her
4.A wraith turns her into a worshipper
I'm out of ideas

Maybe something happens to McKay:
1. A she replicator kidnapps him:eek:
2. A wraith queen want's to marry him.
3. Katie finds him in bed with Sam( yeah , like this was ever going to happen) and decides to beat the hell up of the guy!( that is even less likely):confused:
Out of ideas here too, feel free to fill in!;)

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Parasite:lol: ! Lol, you crack me up!
So, his sister gets kidnapped , hey! The poor doll! Now , I can only guess:
1.She goes to Atlantis:
a. Zelenka kidnappes her, for 2 good reasons: 1. He's in love with her and she loves him, so they run away on a lonely planet in Pegasus galaxy!:o and 2. He is jealous of McKay, because he is smarter, so he decides to kidnapp and marry his sister, so McKay writes " A dog's breakfast"
2. Ronon runs away with her, no need for kidnapp in this case.
3.A replicator kidnapps her
4.A wraith turns her into a worshipper
I'm out of ideas

Maybe something happens to McKay:
1. A she replicator kidnapps him:eek:
2. A wraith queen want's to marry him.
3. Katie finds him in bed with Sam( yeah , like this was ever going to happen) and decides to beat the hell up of the guy!( that is even less likely):confused:
Out of ideas here too, feel free to fill in!;):lol:
I got another one.
She comes to the PG and John can't stand not being with her so he kidnaps her and has his way with her, but she gets the best of him and beats the crap out of him, turns traitor and hands him over to Koyla who, somehow survived his last encounter with John and he tortures him nearly to death, then she feels guilty, tells the team and they rescue him!

rosey_angel
May 29th, 2007, 07:26 AM
:lol:
I got another one.
She comes to the PG and John can't stand not being with her so he kidnaps her and has his way with her, but she gets the best of him and beats the crap out of him, turns traitor and hands him over to Koyla who, somehow survived his last encounter with John and he tortures him nearly to death, then she feels guilty, tells the team and they rescue him!

ROFL :lol: gold

but, to seriously throw my hat into the ring; perhaps the trust kidnap Jeannie? Rodney, of course, would run back to Earth to try save her, with Shep, Ronon and Teyla. Vulnerable McKay, the team in civvies... doesn't have anything to do with 'crossing', but maybe that's just a title. it's a movie title too, didn't someone say?

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 12:03 PM
ROFL :lol: gold

but, to seriously throw my hat into the ring; perhaps the trust kidnap Jeannie? Rodney, of course, would run back to Earth to try save her, with Shep, Ronon and Teyla. Vulnerable McKay, the team in civvies... doesn't have anything to do with 'crossing', but maybe that's just a title. it's a movie title too, didn't someone say?

Thanks and yes I think so. Also I like your idea about the Trust but I like the Koyla idea better. Mabey Koyla makes it to Earth somehow and joins the trust and we suddenly have a Goa'uld Koyla?

ChelApophis
May 29th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I got another one.

:eek:
Hehehe! Even better then my theories! :D ( and McKay is jealous because he is secretly in love with John!)= ( and this theory leads to Zelenka comiting suicide because he's still in love with McKay)
A goa'uld Koyla?!?! Then all the people of Earth should run for their life. Another ideea would be to call the wraith from "common ground"; I'm sure he'll want a taste of him , even as a goa'uld.

Mitchell82
May 29th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Hehehe! Even better then my theories! :D ( and McKay is jealous because he is secretly in love with John!)= ( and this theory leads to Zelenka comiting suicide because he's still in love with McKay)
A goa'uld Koyla?!?! Then all the people of Earth should run for their life. Another ideea would be to call the wraith from "common ground"; I'm sure he'll want a taste of him , even as a goa'uld.

LOL I love that I'm sure the Wraith would love a chance at sweet revenge.

rosey_angel
May 31st, 2007, 04:30 AM

didn't JM say the Common Ground wraith was gonna come back....

a goa'uld kolya! that's pretty darn cool. a wraith feeding off of a goa'uld would be sweet. you'd think the wraith would get even more power from that. very cool

ChelApophis
May 31st, 2007, 12:54 PM
LOL I love that I'm sure the Wraith would love a chance at sweet revenge.
:wraithanime11: No doubt about that! It would be like eating in a 5 stars restaurant for him, best meal in his life.....on the other hand , he might get an indigestion!

didn't JM say the Common Ground wraith was gonna come back....

a goa'uld kolya! that's pretty darn cool. a wraith feeding off of a goa'uld would be sweet. you'd think the wraith would get even more power from that. very cool

Yup! He'll be back, starting with "the seer".
you know what, I have an ideea: let's think at the wraith as if he was a camel :) , and goa'uld as water; since camels after they have drunk water don't need to re-drink for a long while, I suppose this is what would happen if a wraith fed off a goa'uld: he'd be stronger and wouldn't need to feed for a long time!
:eek: Omg! here I am talking about camels! o.k. enought with the zoology lesson for today rosey_angel , I think I'll just :jonas16:

SGFerrit
June 1st, 2007, 02:34 AM
Synopsis for Miller's Crossing from Stargate Solutions:

Jeanie McKay Miller and Dr. Rodney McKay are kidnapped by Henry Wallace on Earth after Wallace determines that only the McKays can save his daughter’s life using alien nanotechnology.

Henry Wallace kidnaps Jeanie Miller, McKay’s sister, which leads to McKay’s subsequent capture as well. Wallace knew about the SGC’s subcutaneous transponders and disabled McKay’s. He had knowledge of this technology because he worked for the company that manufactured them for the SGC, Devlin Medical Technologies. The company was given limited access to alien technology brought to Earth through the Stargate Program, and Wallace eventually put the pieces together after years of witnessing the military’s unbelievable technological advances. One of the company’s recent projects includes the development of nanotechnology to cure injury and disease. According to McKay, the Devlin Medical has just barely gotten the manufacturing of the nanites perfected and McKay himself was still months away from getting them programmed. Wallace discovered the connection of this nanotechnology to Atlantis and began to monitor McKay’s e-mails to Miller. Based on the content of these e-mails, Wallace believed that Miller had a better understanding of the programming than her brother.

Wallace is attempting to save the life of his daughter Sharon, about 18-20 years old, who is close to death with acute lymphocytic leukemia. The doctors have lost hope that she’ll survive and advise the family to prepare for her death. Not wishing to see his daughter die, Wallace worked on the nanite technology and implanted it into his daughter, but her body began to reject the foreign bodies. He hopes that Miller and McKay can reprogram the nanites in time to save his daughter’s life.

In the meantime, Agent Malcolm Barrett, Sgt. Harriman, Sheppard, and Ronon are back at the SGC attempting to find the two missing scientists.

rosey_angel
June 1st, 2007, 03:08 AM
:wraithanime11: No doubt about that! It would be like eating in a 5 stars restaurant for him, best meal in his life.....on the other hand , he might get an indigestion!

Yup! He'll be back, starting with "the seer".
you know what, I have an ideea: let's think at the wraith as if he was a camel :) , and goa'uld as water; since camels after they have drunk water don't need to re-drink for a long while, I suppose this is what would happen if a wraith fed off a goa'uld: he'd be stronger and wouldn't need to feed for a long time!
:eek: Omg! here I am talking about camels! o.k. enought with the zoology lesson for today rosey_angel , I think I'll just :jonas16:

gah! i had a responce to this earlier today, but my computer froze, and now i can't remember what it said. it was really good though, something about the solution to world hunger and all that.

oh well, thanks for the recap. i tend to watch the eps and understand them as i do, but afterwards forget the major, important points. it would be very cool for that storyline to be a two-parter; the first dealing with goa'uld kolya, the second with a super-duper powerful wraith.

thanks for the info SGFerrit. do we know this Henry Wallace guy? does he work for the trust or something *is not reminding ppl that her previous posts indicated a speculation that the trust kidnap Jeannie* oh, and if you're thinking that's a stupid question, refer to my previous comment re my horrible memory.

didn't JM say both teyla and ronon were gonna be in civvies though?

w00t for more info. this is gonna be one sweet ep!

Schuey
June 1st, 2007, 03:11 AM

I'd love to see Jeanie again and the interations between Mckay and his niece, he better bring a present for her this time lol

Klenotka
June 1st, 2007, 03:23 AM
I am not sure about the spoiler. I am sliglty disappointed but I think this is good opportunity for Rodney to show how he is as big brother. :)

rosey_angel
June 1st, 2007, 03:32 AM
I'd love to see Jeanie again and the interations between Mckay and his niece, he better bring a present for her this time lol

lol. but it is true, where could be get one on Atlantis? a dead ZMP maybe? :)

I am not sure about the spoiler. I am sliglty disappointed but I think this is good opportunity for Rodney to show how he is as big brother. :)

i see where you're coming from, coz a lot of the earth-based eps from sg1 were pretty light. but there is great opportunity for rodney to be the hero here, if they don't mess it up.

prion
June 1st, 2007, 04:23 AM
Plot spoilers beneath the cut. From SG1_Spoilme list

MILLER'S CROSSING

As always, spoilers are based on incomplete information that is subject to radical change.

This episode brings back Jeanie Miller, Rodney's sister. Jeanie goes missing,
promptly Rodney to return back to Earth to find her. This action results in
his abduction as well. Apparently HENRY WALLACE snatched Jeanie and then
Rodney. This Wallace guy is smart; he's deactivated Rodney's subcutaneous
transmitter. He's also the president of a technology company that makes the devices, and
is a government subcontractor. As usual with government stuff, information is
bandied about and wallace has ferretted out information on the Stargate
program. However, unlike some of SG1's civilian villains, it's not greed that
prompts him.

Apparently his daughter SHARON, a young woman, is dying from acute leukemia.
Medical help on earth has hit a roadblock, so WALLACE has begun to use nanites
to assist his daughter's recovery, but they're malfunctioning. He needs the
McKay siblings to help fix the nanite codings (and in fact states that Jeanie
was probably enough, but getting Rodney was a bonus - which is probably a blow
to McKay's ego). WALLACE promises to let the McKays go if they save his
daughter. If they don't, well, we don't know what will happen.

Meanwhile, Sheppard and Ronon (both on earth) are desparately trying to find
Rodney. AGENT BARRETT (from SG1) has a lead that so far has hit a dead end,
but a lead to a company resulted in an ambush on Barrett and his men. Meanwhile,
the Vancouver PD are working on the disappearance as well.

Other characters (thus far) include SGT HARRIMAN.

SGFerrit
June 1st, 2007, 04:25 AM
thanks for the info SGFerrit. do we know this Henry Wallace guy?

I don't think so, I don't remember his name being mentioned.

I was a bit iffy about the spoilers at first, but I think if done right this could be an xcellent episode, and let us see different sides to Mckay, as well as a continuation of the Jeannie storyline:) I expect the guy won't really be a bad person, just going to desperate measures to help his daughter.

rosey_angel
June 1st, 2007, 04:50 AM
^true. it is early days yet; whoever got this spoilers could be wrong. but it's nice to hope :)

Klenotka
June 1st, 2007, 04:51 PM
I don´t know, I am maybe too pesimistic and I am really looking forward to this episode and so I am afraid to be disappointed again (like at Pegasus Project).
It looks (to me) that they need to make from Rodney coward again. I mean, the purpose probably is, that he needs to be kidnapped so he can be confronted with kidnappers and protect his sisters. But...it looks also like that Rodney is (for authors) just the little stupid McKay who needs to be rescued by Sheppard so Sheppard can be the real hero. I don´t know...I am waaay to negative these days.
Of course, I hope I am wrong and that it will be OK. ;) And I trust to Martin Gero....and I have to hope that if Martin will write some development for Rodney here, that the next author in next episode won´t make from Rodney comic relief again. :rolleyes:

MmmmMcKAy
June 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM
If that's the plot, it has potential. Sounds like a good opportunity for some more McKay development and interaction with his sister. They'll have to cooperate with each other to save their butts.
I'm also looking for ward to seeing Sheppard and Ronan on Earth searching for Rodney and Jeannie.

It doesn't sound like much of a comic episode so hopefully Rodney won't be made fun of in any way.

Willow'sCat
June 1st, 2007, 06:07 PM
It doesn't sound like much of a comic episode so hopefully Rodney won't be made fun of in any way.Oh please this is Martin Gero he wouldn't pass up the opportunity to make McKay look like an ass. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: And no doubt the McKay fans who only like him 'cause he is funny' *groan* will have a field day. :rolleyes: :cool:

The only reason I can really see to watch this is for Kate and David. Bring it on! :D Two Hewlett's are better then one! :D

MmmmMcKAy
June 1st, 2007, 07:00 PM
I've got to admit, I pay no attention to who writes what episodes. I know some of the names but if you asked me to name 3 Martin gero episodes, I couldn't. Maybe I should start learning who wrote what. Forgive me, I've only been an Atlantis fan for a couple of months.:o ;)

So now my anticipation of this episode has been dulled.:(

PG15
June 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
Well, just to enlighten you, Good ole' Marty G. has wrote:

SG1
The Powers That Be
Bad Guys
200 (with everyone else)

Atlantis
Childhood's End
The Storm
The Eye
Hot Zone
The Brotherhood
The Siege Part 1
The Siege Part 3
Duet
Conversion
The Lost Boys
Grace Under Pressure
Coup d'Etat
Allies
No Man's Land
McKay and Mrs. Miller
The Return (2-parter)
Sunday
First Strike

Platschu
June 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
This story is very similar to Desperate Measures, where Adrian Conrad kidnapped Carter to cure himself with a Goa'uld. :o

Klenotka
June 2nd, 2007, 02:59 AM
I know :( I don´t understand why do they have to do it again. But truth is that those are Hewletts we are talking about. They can handle any episode. It´s big difference between them and...anyone else.
And why the frak is Walter there? Does it mean that if in this episode won´t be Carter (oh, please, let her be absent here) that they so necessary need to have someone else from SGC? Why can´t just Sheppard and Ronon go by themselves? I understand Berrett but Walter?:rolleyes:
And I want Rodney and Jeannie to get themselves from trouble. I don´t want to see hero Sheppard again. I certainly hope that Sheppard will show at least little concern for his friend this time and not that he will take it as "cool" party like in GUP where loss of McKay was just good reason to try sumbersial Jumper :rolleyes:
Oh, and one more thing. I certainly hope that if we will see some development at Rodney than it will be obvious in next episodes, too. Not like this year when he hugs his sister in one episode and tries to make hole to the wall by spoon in another. :rolleyes:

I hope I wrote it understandable. :o And sorry for bitterness, I am probably too often in anti-threads...:o

jenks
June 2nd, 2007, 06:22 AM
Well, just to enlighten you, Good ole' Marty G. has wrote:

SG1
The Powers That Be
Bad Guys
200 (with everyone else)

Atlantis
Childhood's End
The Storm
The Eye
Hot Zone
The Brotherhood
The Siege Part 1
The Siege Part 3
Duet
Conversion
The Lost Boys
Grace Under Pressure
Coup d'Etat
Allies
No Man's Land
McKay and Mrs. Miller
The Return (2-parter)
Sunday
First Strike

All the best Atlantis eps then, almost...

Klenotka
June 2nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
Another thought: I think I would like to see "evil McKay" here. I think that if he wouldn´t cross some lines because of Jeannie than who? I would like to see them escape by themselves, true. But if, just theoretically, Rodney were forced to kill some man to protect Jeannie? I think it could affect his character very much....
Wasn´t in the Mallozzi´s song "disappearence of one, dark turn for another" (not exactly like this but you have a picture). What if it belongs here? I mean, JM never confirmed what episode is it, did he?

MmmmMcKAy
June 2nd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Okay, Martin Gero has written a lot of Atlantis episodes, many of them really good. :)
Thanks for the list, PG 15.

PG15
June 2nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
No problem.

I just want to spread the Gero love, that's all. :D

Alipeeps
June 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM
And why the frak is Walter there? Does it mean that if in this episode won´t be Carter (oh, please, let her be absent here) that they so necessary need to have someone else from SGC? Why can´t just Sheppard and Ronon go by themselves? I understand Berrett but Walter?:rolleyes:

From what I understand, the scene involving Walter is one set at the SGC. It's not like Ronon and Shep are taking Walter with them on a recue mission - they are at the SGC trying to track down the McKays and Walter works at the SGC so he's there too...

Another thought: I think I would like to see "evil McKay" here. I think that if he wouldn´t cross some lines because of Jeannie than who? I would like to see them escape by themselves, true. But if, just theoretically, Rodney were forced to kill some man to protect Jeannie? I think it could affect his character very much....
Wasn´t in the Mallozzi´s song "disappearence of one, dark turn for another" (not exactly like this but you have a picture). What if it belongs here? I mean, JM never confirmed what episode is it, did he?

JM has explained that the line in his poem about "a strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn" referred to a story arc for Teyla which has since had to be altered somewhat due to another, *ahem* necessary, story arc for her character.

On which note, from JM's blog:

Anonymous #4 writes: “So we finally get to see Teyla and Ronon on Earth?”

Answer: Ronon, yes. Teyla, no. Changes were made after the first draft.

Explains why Ronon is in the scene at the SGC and not Teyla. I guess Teyla's condition has meant they've had to change her involvement in this episode.

Klenotka
June 3rd, 2007, 03:07 AM
JM has explained that the line in his poem about "a strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn" referred to a story arc for Teyla which has since had to be altered somewhat due to another, *ahem* necessary, story arc for her character.

Explains why Ronon is in the scene at the SGC and not Teyla. I guess Teyla's condition has meant they've had to change her involvement in this episode.

Oh, OK. Shame. I thought it could be interesting for McKay...so the only thing I can hope is that he will stay "deveploped" in other episodes. I would hate for him to be different again.

Klenotka
June 3rd, 2007, 03:14 AM

Oh, OK. Shame. I thought it could be interesting for McKay...so the only thing I can hope is that he will stay "deveploped" in other episodes. I would hate for him to be different again.

rosey_angel
June 3rd, 2007, 06:05 AM
*mental green for PG15 spreading the Gero love. i would green ya, but i can't for some reason*

imo, coz this season is gonna be darker anyway, there's great opportunity for some rodney darkness. i dunno if i want him killing anyone, but def showing his skills to protect jeannie. it's been shown in lots of eps he's really good with a gun, so i don't see a problem with him taking a shot at someone

and i like the idea of shep angst over rodney.

vaberella
June 3rd, 2007, 06:43 AM
There is always a possibility of Teyla going to Earth in the second half of S2, since they're still not done writing 5-6 eps.

DONNA BOOTH
June 3rd, 2007, 06:57 AM
vaberella i think you mean season 4 anyway this episode does sound good still but what is such a shame is that we wont get to see teyla go to earth and interact with others that would have been interesting to see at least we will get to see more of teyla:sheppard: :teyla:

rosey_angel
June 3rd, 2007, 07:18 PM
well, maybe instead of teyla on earth, we'll see teyla on atlantis with carter, and the development of that relationship?

vaberella
June 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, i did mean S4. S2 is long past. ^^ I agree, they could always work with her on Atlantis. I don't really see the necessity of her AND Ronon going to Earth. I think the writers are looking at the characters more for their usage, or I hope so. There were many instances when I felt Weir or Carson not not to mention other characters, were just not necessary. This is all through S2 and S3---S1 was actually pretty good about that.

But really, there were some deadweights in some eps. So I'm hoping the writers are just seeing the purpose on the characters more so than on the the fact that they're regulars; and so, they have to be in each and every ep. I don't need that, to me a great ep is one that's executed well even without having 'everyone' doing something. But if she is on Atlantis maybe hanging with Carter, that would be cool.

Now we'd have to find out if Carter is in MC.

Klenotka
June 4th, 2007, 09:01 AM
No offense but I hope she isn´t there. Or if, so only in the beginning...I am looking forward to this episode, mainly because this is promising for some development for McKay which he really doesn´t have because of constant try of tptb making from him only comic relief.
So I hope in some nice interactions between him and Jeannie. And I also hope that Sheppard will show true concern for him. Not like in GUP where he was even *happy* that he can try if Jumper can be under water :S
I am interested how will Ronon react to Earth. He was in SGC already as I know but this could be nice. As I see it, Sateda wasn´t too different from Earth.

Promethius30
June 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I am looking forward to this episode it will be nise to kate hewlets charictor back

jenks
June 4th, 2007, 09:22 AM
No offense but I hope she isn´t there. Or if, so only in the beginning...I am looking forward to this episode, mainly because this is promising for some development for McKay which he really doesn´t have because of constant try of tptb making from him only comic relief.
So I hope in some nice interactions between him and Jeannie. And I also hope that Sheppard will show true concern for him. Not like in GUP where he was even *happy* that he can try if Jumper can be under water :S
I am interested how will Ronon react to Earth. He was in SGC already as I know but this could be nice. As I see it, Sateda wasn´t too different from Earth.

McKay has had more character development than anyone on Atlantis.

Alipeeps
June 4th, 2007, 10:04 AM

McKay has had more character development than anyone on Atlantis.

You beat me to it. He is far and away the most developed character, partly cos Gero is an admitted huge McKay fan.

Klenotka
June 4th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Well, I disagree. Gero writes episodes for him, true. But what are the other doing with him? Arrow in the butt? Making hole to wall by spoon? What kind of development is that? That´s the reason why people think that there is "too much McKay". They actually don´t write development for him, they just humiliate him, make stupid fun from him...no, it´s not development.
In McKay and Mrs. Miller, which was perfect, was Rodney shown as sensitive person...and what happened in Irresponsible? They put spoon to his hand and let him dig into wall.
I just hope that when they make progress with him in this episode, that he will stay like that.

*Erika*
June 4th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I have to agree that McKay is the most developed character in SGA. Especialy if you compare him with Teyla or Shep. Still, most of the times in which McKay is on the spotlight it is as comic relief. I do like the funny parts, but I also think that he needs more of serious development. We know a little about his dinamics with his sister and I think it will be nice to get to see that side of him again. But I don't want this ep to become the McKays show. I'm mostly looking forwad as a team eppy in which we will get to see Ronon's and Shep's concern in looking for Rodney and Rodney's concern over his sister Jeannie.

DONNA BOOTH
June 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
although my two fave people in atlantis are shep and teyla i also like mckay i think he is really funny but i have to admit that he has more screentime more than the other characters:sheppard: :teyla: rock

Klenotka
June 4th, 2007, 02:55 PM
I have to agree that McKay is the most developed character in SGA. Especialy if you compare him with Teyla or Shep. Still, most of the times in which McKay is on the spotlight it is as comic relief. I do like the funny parts, but I also think that he needs more of serious development. We know a little about his dinamics with his sister and I think it will be nice to get to see that side of him again. But I don't want this ep to become the McKays show. I'm mostly looking forwad as a team eppy in which we will get to see Ronon's and Shep's concern in looking for Rodney and Rodney's concern over his sister Jeannie.

Do you believe that they will show us Shep´s concern over Rodney? I doubt it. They never wrote it. They tried in Tao but it wasn´t enough. But who knows? It could be nice, too. I´d like to see it. ;)
And Rodney´s concern over Jeannie? Yes, I am looking forward to it. It could be very intersting. I hope they will show harder and darker side of his character.
I miss some interaction of Rodney and Teyla, true. But every character will have his episode and as I understood, Teyla will get lots of time in S4. So we could get some interactions with Rodney and others (even with Zelenka ;)). But, back to topic-I would like to see some real serious development for him.

i also like mckay i think he is really funny

Funny, yeah, that´s the problem. Screentime and development are different things for McKay. They could even give him less screentime but more real development for his character, not screentime as comic relief to "fill the gaps" :S

Willow'sCat
June 4th, 2007, 04:12 PM
IMHO the problem is not with McKay's screentime, nor with what some see as too much development. *rolls eyes at that one*

It is that when we see him we no longer see a genius we see a fool, we see a man not capable, we see man belittled by his so-called TEAM, we see a character used for nothing more then comic relief! *rolls eyes again*

IF that is what you all want for your favourite characters YOU are more then welcome to the screentime and development that YOU say McKay has received. :mad:

I as a McKay fan would rather real screentime and real development, without the funny and without the hatred from the Atlantis populace. :cool: :rolleyes:

If you don't understand what I mean just watch the cafeteria scenes form M&MM, the hanging upside down in Runner, the almost whole of GUP and don't get me started on the evils of Tao of Rodney! *good grief* And on and on it goes! IF that is development you can bloody well have it! :cool:

PG15
June 4th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Sounds to me you just don't like how he's being developed. :p

McKay is loud and annoying most of the time, this you really can't deny. No matter how many times he's saved the city, hanging around the guy for any prolonged period of time must be at least a bit aggravating.

And I'm fine with that; he reminds me a lot of me, actually. :D

Cautious Explorer
June 4th, 2007, 05:40 PM
IMHO the problem is not with McKay's screentime, nor with what some see as too much development. *rolls eyes at that one*

It is that when we see him we no longer see a genius we see a fool, we see a man not capable, we see man belittled by his so-called TEAM, we see a character used for nothing more then comic relief! *rolls eyes again*

IF that is what you all want for your favourite characters YOU are more then welcome to the screentime and development that YOU say McKay has received. :mad:

I as a McKay fan would rather real screentime and real development, without the funny and without the hatred from the Atlantis populace. :cool: :rolleyes:

If you don't understand what I mean just watch the cafeteria scenes form M&MM, the hanging upside down in Runner, the almost whole of GUP and don't get me started on the evils of Tao of Rodney! *good grief* And on and on it goes! IF that is development you can bloody well have it! :cool:

I think hatred is a strong word. I don't see where you get the idea that the people of Atlantis hate McKay.

As to the cafeteria scenes in M&MM. I agree, I didn't find reliving McKay's childhood humiliations to be funny at all. I found the whole thing strange. I find it hard to believe that Teyla would find it all that humorous. To me the team was out of character there. But the one who upset me most was Jeannie. Why is she telling those stories to his friends in the first place? I know everyone seems to love her, but that scene made me dislike her.

Willow'sCat
June 4th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I think hatred is the correct word, and no PG15 I do not like the way the powers that be have been "developing him" that is why I am not looking forward to season 4, it will be more of the same and why would any McKay fan who sees him as more then just comic relief and a joke to be had, want to stick around for yet more yuks? :cool:

Seriously they are destroying the character and I don't like it one little bit. :(

*and he is not annoying dam it!* :P

PG15
June 4th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I think hatred is the correct word, and no PG15 I do not like the way the powers that be have been "developing him" that is why I am not looking forward to season 4, it will be more of the same and why would any McKay fan who sees him as more then just comic relief and a joke to be had, want to stick around for yet more yuks? :cool:

Seriously they are destroying the character and I don't like it one little bit. :(

*and he is not annoying dam it!* :P

Hey, you know as well as I do that I'm a McKay fan, hell, I even teared up when he hugged his sister in M&MM (I'm man enough to admit that). What I'm seeing is a 3-dimensional character that sometimes deserves what's coming to him, and sometimes doesn't. It'll be nice if he's respected all the time, but that's not McKay; that's not who he espouses to be. If he wants respect all the time, try not to make fun of people's beliefs (Sanctuary), try not to belittle your collegues (uh...pretty every episode with Zelenka), try not to exaggerate and overreact all the time (again, see many many episodes), try being a team player once in a while; admit your mistakes when they happen, etc.

Of course, this is all the writers' doing and not some actual McKay, but if he actually does what I'm suggesting above, then he won't be McKay.

McKay, as a character, and because of his personality, is indeed the butt of some jokes, and does provide comic relief most of the time (although a lot of that is because of what he says and does; i.e. we're laughing with him and not at him), but that's just the kind of person he is.

To change that, is to change McKay into something he's not. The reason he has been a stand-out character since the beginning of Atlantis, is precisely because of these qualities.

Willow'sCat
June 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Well I guess that is where we really don't see McKay the same. I see the jokes at his expense, almost always. I see him as the ONLY character on the show to systematically be made fun of, to have jokes made around him *to have him hanging in a fraking tree!* :cool:

I now ask myself is he a genius or is he just a fraking moron! :cool: And so far he is still the only character who has been held accountable for his actions.

Martin Gero said Miller's Crossing will give us a more sympathetic McKay... well great but I have to ask Martin.... why do we even need a story with a more sympathetic approach to McKay's character? Hmm? Could it be Martin you have spent much of the previous episodes you have penned killing what sympathy fans have had for him? Hmm?

Funny I actually want to see Peter de Luise brought back to pen a few eps, at least he allowed McKay to snark, really snark... tptb have taken away his snark, now he just comes across as a spoiled brat! And remember I am a McKay fan! If I can see it, can admit it then what the frak are the powers that be aiming for with McKay?

Do they want everyone to hate him?

They certainly are no wanting a sympathetic even remotely likable character and to me they may as well have not done eps like The Defiant One or Hide and Seek or Hot Zone. They may as well have kept to the SG-1 version and be done with it. :cool: :rolleyes:

Nope this is not season one McKay, that McKay still had respect from his team and this viewer. :cool:

PG15
June 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Hold on...I don't get it, on the one hand you're saying he's been made the butt of jokes, while the other hand you say he's less sympathetic?

Isn't that sort of contradictory?

Oh, and for the record, I disagree completely. :p McKay has always been McKay; I see virtually no difference in him between Season 1 and Season 3.

Well...I think he's slightly balding, but that's not important. ;)

Alipeeps
June 5th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Here's an idea - how about we go back to discussing Miller's Crossing in this thread and save the discussion about whether/how McKay's character is developed for a more relevant thread.

Ltcolshepjumper
June 5th, 2007, 05:46 AM
This episode might be good after all, Mckay and Jeanie being captured with Sheppard, Ronon and Agent Barrett having to find them. Info's from stargate sg1 Solutions

Mrs Caldwell
June 5th, 2007, 05:53 AM
I cannot wait for any episode to air but this one sounds cool. Mrs Miller is just so much fun. We find out bits about Rodney from her. Ronan on Earth will be fun.:ronan:

Mitchell82
June 5th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Mckay has had alot of development and I like the way he is being developed but IMO they all have had a good bit of devlopment but I'd say Mckay and Shep have the most. Season four sounds great and this ep is no exception.

Klenotka
June 6th, 2007, 06:51 AM
I wonder whan they want to start shooting this episode? I didn´t see any sign about making this episode. They work at middle season finale as I understood.
I hope we will see some photos from any episode soon.

And totally OT-I still stand at Willow´s cat and say that McKay isn´t developed :P "Being funny" isn´t development :P OK, I will stop biting now :cameron:

PG15
June 6th, 2007, 02:09 PM
The news is, Martin Gero did his "final pass" of the script a few days ago, so shooting should begin fairly soon.

What's more, Kate Hewlett has mentioned on her blog that she'll be going back to Vancover in June for a "week of work"; I think we all know what she means. ;)

Mitchell82
June 6th, 2007, 03:47 PM
The news is, Martin Gero did his "final pass" of the script a few days ago, so shooting should begin fairly soon.

What's more, Kate Hewlett has mentioned on her blog that she'll be going back to Vancover in June for a "week of work"; I think we all know what she means. ;)

I for one am glad for that. I hope we see her more than in one ep.

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Here's an idea - how about we go back to discussing Miller's Crossing in this thread and save the discussion about whether/how McKay's character is developed for a more relevant thread.
Funny never heard you say that in a thread that has been over run with Sheppard whumpers. :cool: As far as I can see talking about McKay in an ep about his sister! Is on topic. :rolleyes:

Isn't that sort of contradictory?

PG15, it is not contradictory. If you think the only way to get sympathy for a character is to make fun of that character maybe. I think a good writer could actually find a better way.

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Funny never heard you say that in a thread that has been over run with Sheppard whumpers. :cool: As far as I can see talking about McKay in an ep about his sister! Is on topic. :rolleyes:

The specific topic of whether McKay is or is not developed over the show as a whole or how he is developed is off-topic for this episode discussion thread. And the argument was kinda derailing the thread and that was all that was being discussed. I just fetl it would be more relevant elsewhere, particularly as it seems to be a somewhat contentious topic.

Maybe someone would like to start a new thread specifically to discuss that issue?

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Well I guess I see it differently, maybe you should call a Mod in as I doubt this will not come up again in due time. :cool: And this is also for speculation, my speculation is that McKay will be humiliated yet again... why is that off topic? :S

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 06:43 PM

What's more, Kate Hewlett has mentioned on her blog that she'll be going back to Vancover in June for a "week of work"; I think we all know what she means. ;)Sorry if this is ALSO off-topic but Kate has already said she is moving to Vancouver, she will be living in her Dad's rental property, with the cats I assume. ;) David was living there for a while but now Kate is moving in... :)

I doubt we will see her in more then one ep and I am glad of that, not because I don't think she is great but because too much of some characters in eps ruin that character, the thing about Jeannie that I love is that she is distant to Atlantis, she sees things differently, if they had her as semi-regular she may lose that, of course on the other hand I would rather her then Beckett or Weir... in fact Kate was so bloody good in M&MM it felt like she had been there for ages :) *now that is contradictory*

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Sorry if this is ALSO off-topic but Kate has already said she is moving to Vancouver, she will be living in her Dad's rental property, with the cats I assume. ;) David was living there for a while but now Kate is moving in... :)

I doubt we will see her in more then one ep and I am glad of that, not because I don't think she is great but because too much of some characters in eps ruin that character, the thing about Jeannie that I love is that she is distant to Atlantis, she sees things differently, if they had her as semi-regular she may lose that, of course on the other hand I would rather her then Beckett or Weir... in fact Kate was so bloody good in M&MM it felt like she had been there for ages :) *now that is contradictory*

Gotta disagree with you on this one. I love Jeannie and hope we see her in more than this ep. IMO this sounds like a great character ep for Rodney and Jeannie.

Willow'sCat
June 8th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Gotta disagree with you on this one. I love Jeannie and hope we see her in more than this ep. IMO this sounds like a great character ep for Rodney and Jeannie.
Well from what Joe M has said she will not be in any other eps this season (still one out standing ep left to be written but I doubt it will have Jeannie) I am happy if they get a season 5 to have her come back. I do however think the "leave them wanting more" is a great way to make TV shows... over use kills the excitement!

I am so extited about seeing Jeannie/Kate again on the small screen again especially with her big brother!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Well from what Joe M has said she will not be in any other eps this season (still one out standing ep left to be written but I doubt it will have Jeannie) I am happy if they get a season 5 to have her come back. I do however think the "leave them wanting more" is a great way to make TV shows... over use kills the excitement!

I am so extited about seeing Jeannie/Kate again on the small screen again especially with her big brother!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Good point, I agree.

PG15
June 15th, 2007, 02:38 PM
According to David Hewlett, Miller's Crossing has began filming, and Kate's in town for it! :D

http://twitter.com/dhewlett

Also, there is that article about this on the homepage: Link (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/06/mckays_sister_returns_to_iatlant.shtml)

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. JM posted some photos of the sets that are going to be used for this episode a few days ago:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RmxcRrNwKjI/AAAAAAAADoc/vjLABQnqf0Q/s1600-h/DSC05942.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RmxcIrNwKiI/AAAAAAAADoU/fYkwYpcBwMU/s1600-h/DSC05943.JPG

rlr149
June 15th, 2007, 04:53 PM
clicky (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/06/mckays_sister_returns_to_iatlant.shtml)

:cool:

Pharaoh Atem
June 15th, 2007, 05:01 PM
and like rodney would say
Yeah. She’s married, and she’s my sister.

so hands off :P this si the official thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42694

rlr149
June 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM
OMG................another thread...................how will i sleep tonight;)

tbh i don't go to individual season threads so didn't see it

edit. a merged thread with my title by another author, bizarre

Mitchell82
June 16th, 2007, 01:06 PM
According to David Hewlett, Miller's Crossing has began filming, and Kate's in town for it! :D

http://twitter.com/dhewlett

Also, there is that article about this on the homepage: Link (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/06/mckays_sister_returns_to_iatlant.shtml)

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot. JM posted some photos of the sets that are going to be used for this episode a few days ago:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RmxcRrNwKjI/AAAAAAAADoc/vjLABQnqf0Q/s1600-h/DSC05942.JPG

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RmxcIrNwKiI/AAAAAAAADoU/fYkwYpcBwMU/s1600-h/DSC05943.JPG
Nice pics! Looks like they're reusing the hospital set again from Desperate Measures.

Platschu
June 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM
JM mentioned that Walter will be in Miller's Crossing!
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/06/june-23-2007.html

If you watch this photo, he eats with Ronan! ;)
http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rn2qObNwLrI/AAAAAAAADxU/SXt_f82VROU/s1600-h/DSC06389.JPG

*Erika*
June 24th, 2007, 07:05 AM

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rn2qObNwLrI/AAAAAAAADxU/SXt_f82VROU/s1600-h/DSC06389.JPG
Did you see that Ronon is wearing jeans in the pic?

Mitchell82
June 24th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Did you see that Ronon is wearing jeans in the pic?

No I didn't but I do now. Interesting.

jenks
June 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Well they did say he'd be wearing some typical 'Earth civvies'...

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM

That last bit will definitly be an interesting scene ;) Is it September yet?

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 01:32 PM
That last bit will definitly be an interesting scene ;) Is it September yet?

*checks calendar* Nope guess I need to get to work on my time machine. I wonder if T'pol is available to help? Probably wouldn't do much good though pesky Vulcans. Sorry can't help it rewatching Enterprise now . Love this show.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 02:44 PM
*checks calendar* Nope guess I need to get to work on my time machine. I wonder if T'pol is available to help? Probably wouldn't do much good though pesky Vulcans. Sorry can't help it rewatching Enterprise now . Love this show.

If you want help, you should try a droid ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:47 PM
If you want help, you should try a droid ;)

Hmm mabey C-3po is availabe. Nah wait R2-d2. He's better at fixing things.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Hmm mabey C-3po is availabe. Nah wait R2-d2. He's better at fixing things.

Difinetly R2. He's the only SW character that acted like a normal, sane person. Well, besides Obi and Han. ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Difinetly R2. He's the only SW character that acted like a normal, sane person. Well, besides Obi and Han. ;)

Oh come on I love 3po's rantings.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Oh come on I love 3po's rantings.

Oh, forgot about him :o

He reminds me of McKay ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Oh, forgot about him :o

He reminds me of McKay ;)

Never thought of that good comparison. Though we have a carbon copy of him at the AF base in Vandenburg. Thankfully I don't ever have to bunk with him when I am sent there. He's enlisted.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Never thought of that good comparison. Though we have a carbon copy of him at the AF base in Vandenburg. Thankfully I don't ever have to bunk with him when I am sent there. He's enlisted.

Thank God for small blessings, eh? ;) I swear my father is McKay. He's rude, arrogant, snarky, bad with people and I hypochondriac to boot. Plus he's a bit of a computer genius (he's a software developer). *shudder*

But he's not all bad...most of the time ;)

*Erika*
June 26th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Thank God for small blessings, eh? ;) I swear my father is McKay. He's rude, arrogant, snarky, bad with people and I hypochondriac to boot. Plus he's a bit of a computer genius (he's a software developer). *shudder*

But he's not all bad...most of the time ;)
If McKay is C3PO, then who's R2? Sheppard? Zelenka? I think is Zelenka. And we know that Ronon is Chewie.

Okay, better stop watching Star Wars now...

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 11:17 AM
If McKay is C3PO, then who's R2? Sheppard? Zelenka? I think is Zelenka. And we know that Ronon is Chewie.

Okay, better stop watching Star Wars now...

Here's what I came up with...

McKay: C3PO

Shep: Han Solo/Luke

Zelenka: R2-D2

Teyla: Leia

Ronon: Chewie

Weir: Mon Mothma or Padme

Carson: ?????

Kolya: Darth Vader/Emperor

Any other ideas? And never stop watching SW Erika! ;)

*Erika*
June 26th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Here's what I came up with...

McKay: C3PO

Shep: Han Solo/Luke

Zelenka: R2-D2

Teyla: Leia

Ronon: Chewie

Weir: Mon Mothma or Padme

Carson: ?????

Kolya: Darth Vader/Emperor

Any other ideas? And never stop watching SW Erika! ;)

What about Lorne? It think he would be Wedge.

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 12:20 PM

What about Lorne? It think he would be Wedge.

I could see him as Wedge...but who would be Luke or Obi?

*Erika*
June 26th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I could see him as Wedge...but who would be Luke or Obi?
*thinks really hard* Nope, nothing comes to mind. I think we need more help in the SGA/SW casting...

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM
*thinks really hard* Nope, nothing comes to mind. I think we need more help in the SGA/SW casting...

ITA. Someone once said that McKay would be Luke...but I dunno. He's got the whiny crybaby thing down though ;)

I thought Shep might be Luke because he discovers that he has the ATA gene kinda like Luke with the Force...but he's more of a Han Solo to me. *shrugs*

*Erika*
June 26th, 2007, 04:48 PM
ITA. Someone once said that McKay would be Luke...but I dunno. He's got the whiny crybaby thing down though ;)

I thought Shep might be Luke because he discovers that he has the ATA gene kinda like Luke with the Force...but he's more of a Han Solo to me. *shrugs*
I think Shep is more like Han to me too, but he does have some Luke elements.

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Hmm mabey Landry could be Obi?

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Hmm mabey Landry could be Obi?

That could work. Hmm...maybe Carson? *shrugs*

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM
That could work. Hmm...maybe Carson? *shrugs*

Nah Carson is Yoda.

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Nah Carson is Yoda.

*snort* :lol: *makes Yoda throat-noise* mmmMMMMMMmmmm ;)

OMG I just had a picture in my head of Yoda saying, "My wee baby turtles!!!!"

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 10:10 PM
*snort* :lol: *makes Yoda throat-noise* mmmMMMMMMmmmm ;)

OMG I just had a picture in my head of Yoda saying, "My wee baby turtles!!!!"

LOL now I see it too!

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM
LOL now I see it too!

Well, now we know what that green goop was made of...;)

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Well, now we know what that green goop was made of...;)

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:22 PM

*bows* Thank you, I'll be here all week. ;)

So...to nudge this a bit more on topic...

What do you think happens on Earth that makes McKay, Shep and Ronon come there? Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the spoilers, but I can't remember for the life of me.

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM
*bows* Thank you, I'll be here all week. ;)

So...to nudge this a bit more on topic...

What do you think happens on Earth that makes McKay, Shep and Ronon come there? Sorry if this has already been mentioned in the spoilers, but I can't remember for the life of me.

MmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm. Hard to see the future is. *sorry couldnt resist. I think it's something to do with Jeanie.

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:28 PM
MmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm. Hard to see the future is. *sorry couldnt resist. I think it's something to do with Jeanie.

:lol: Definitly something to do with Jeannie, but what? Hmm...

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 10:29 PM
:lol: Definitly something to do with Jeannie, but what? Hmm...

Oh I know! She blew up half the galaxy!

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Oh I know! She blew up half the galaxy!

*snort* Nice. Even her brother didn't acomplish that. ;)

I think it has something to do with AUs. Personally, I'm hoping that we see MENSA!Shep :P

Mitchell82
June 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM
*snort* Nice. Even her brother didn't acomplish that. ;)

I think it has something to do with AUs. Personally, I'm hoping that we see MENSA!Shep :P

Gotta go bigger much bigger. ITA agree about the last part.

scifi_lemon
June 26th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Gotta go bigger much bigger. ITA agree about the last part.

I'm hoping that we get to see something big and cool happen. I'd like to see the McKays working together under pressure.

*Erika*
June 27th, 2007, 04:37 AM
If I remember correctly, the guy kidnapes Jeannie with the intention of getting to Rodney and it works. They come to Earth and when Rodney is investigating what happened to his sister, he gets caught too. I need to go sheck on the spoiler comm.

jenks
June 27th, 2007, 04:44 AM
He kidnaps Jeannie so she will help him cure his daughter with nanites, or something like that, McKay comes to look for her and gets captured as a bonus.. I think, I'll have to find the spoilers again...

*Erika*
June 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM
He kidnaps Jeannie so she will help him cure his daughter with nanites, or something like that, McKay comes to look for her and gets captured as a bonus.. I think, I'll have to find the spoilers again...
I found it here (http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_4.09_%22Miller%27s_Crossing%22_Episode_Guide).

scifi_lemon
June 27th, 2007, 10:56 AM

I found it here (http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/SGA_4.09_%22Miller%27s_Crossing%22_Episode_Guide).

Thanks for your help guys!

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM

Sounds great. Is this going to be the big crossosver ep? Even though it takes place on earth it sounds very good.

scifi_lemon
June 28th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Sounds great. Is this going to be the big crossosver ep? Even though it takes place on earth it sounds very good.

I think so. This ep sounds great!

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 09:40 PM
I think so. This ep sounds great!

ITA.

Rhodan
July 2nd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Idiotic Wallace, probably even killed uncle Ben trying to help his daughter....

Xicer
July 2nd, 2007, 05:59 AM
Meredith!:D

Mitchell82
July 2nd, 2007, 04:04 PM

LOL!

scifi_lemon
July 2nd, 2007, 05:58 PM

I just love that name now...:mckay: :P

Mitchell82
July 2nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
I just love that name now...:mckay: :P

I know and seeing his reaction to it makes it all that more fun.:jack_new_anime18::jack_new_anime04:

prion
July 4th, 2007, 06:08 PM
You can find two shots of Joe Flanigan in costume ( a suit! ) from the season 4 episode "Miller's Crossing" at Joe Mallozzi's blog at

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-4-2007.html

scifi_lemon
July 4th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I know and seeing his reaction to it makes it all that more fun.:jack_new_anime18::jack_new_anime04:

*snort* I know!

You can find two shots of Joe Flanigan in costume ( a suit! ) from the season 4 episode "Miller's Crossing" at Joe Mallozzi's blog at

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-4-2007.html

Pretty fly for a white guy...http://i10.tinypic.com/62okakw.gif

;)

Mitchell82
July 4th, 2007, 08:05 PM
*snort* I know!

Pretty fly for a white guy...http://i10.tinypic.com/62okakw.gif

;)

I'll take your word for it. I'm more partial to wanting to see a half naked Teyla and Carter mud wrestling over Mckay.;)

Xicer
July 4th, 2007, 08:13 PM
I like how you think Mitch.;)

Mitchell82
July 4th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I like how you think Mitch.;)

*uses Elvis voice* Thank you, thank you very much.;)

Jeyla4ever
July 5th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Could this mean that the daughter dies since it looks like they are all going to dress in formal wear.....probably a funeral or something?

*Erika*
July 5th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe that's it.

prion
July 5th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Could this mean that the daughter dies since it looks like they are all going to dress in formal wear.....probably a funeral or something?

I don't think they'd bump off Madison... a suit could just mean a formal dinner or something.

scifi_lemon
July 5th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I'll take your word for it. I'm more partial to wanting to see a half naked Teyla and Carter mud wrestling over Mckay.;)

LOL!

I don't think they'd bump off Madison... a suit could just mean a formal dinner or something.

ITA. That's what I was thinking.

pilgrim soul
July 6th, 2007, 06:03 AM

I don't think Madison is the daughter camy was referring too.

The suits don't have to be because of some official occasion and note JF isn't wearing a tie in those pics, now that could be because he took it off between takes but if he isn't wearing one in the episode then that would hardly be the way you would dress for anything too formal and as for a funeral - wouldn't he be wearing his dress uniform for a funeral?

Xicer
July 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM
This threads been dead for a little while! But anyway, looks like they're almost done shooting this ep.

After a day of shooting Kindred I, we’re shooting the final day of Miller’s Crossing, then will be switching back to Kindred I when we return on Monday.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-25-2007.html

scifi_lemon
July 25th, 2007, 06:36 PM
This threads been dead for a little while! But anyway, looks like they're almost done shooting this ep.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-25-2007.html

Did you hear about the rumor that Jeannie dies in this ep? I don't think so, but I thought I'd post this to keep the thread alive. ;)

Xicer
July 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Yea it was mentioned in the Q&A today.

Anonymous #3 writes: “There's a rumor that McKay's sister dies. Yes or no?”

Answer: No comment.

Interesting...but I wouldn't start to get ideas just yet!

PG15
July 25th, 2007, 06:54 PM
I'd really like to see a source for this rumor.

Uber
July 25th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I'd really like to see a source for this rumor.I'm intrigued by the fact that he answered the question to begin with. Not that answering means it's true or lends any credibility to the rumor...but it's still...interesting that he didn't just skip over it.

Klenotka
July 26th, 2007, 02:53 AM
I hope it´s not true. They can´t kill the only interesting female character in Atlantis.
But who knows where does this rumor come from. Maybe someone had nothing to do so he started creating rumors :cameron:
But the "no comment" answer scared me a little, too. :(

pilgrim soul
July 26th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I can't see that they would do that. And what is it with Stargate characters not having dead or estranged families? Okay so Mitchell was the exception but considering Rodney is the only one of the Atlantis core team who has a living relative who actually talks to him it would seem silly to kill her off.

I think JM is just playing with us, besides does anyone know where this rumour originated? The first I heard about it was from that post on JM's blog, I hadn't heard that rumour anywhere else, can anyone shed any light on it?

Alipeeps
July 26th, 2007, 04:25 AM
I'm intrigued by the fact that he answered the question to begin with. Not that answering means it's true or lends any credibility to the rumor...but it's still...interesting that he didn't just skip over it.

I think you can read too much into these things. I've already seen people posting saying "No comment means yes, otherwise you'd just say no!!", despite Joe's clear explanation only days previously about how some questions he won't answer EITHER yes or no because to do so would entail spoiling plot points. In fact, that's probably why he answered the question at all - he often seems to enjoy pointing out the.. dare I say.. stupidity of some of the comments/questions posted...

I'd not heard anything about this supposed rumour prior to the question on Joe's blog and have seen nothing about it since and no mention of a source or anything.

jenks
July 26th, 2007, 11:14 AM
I'd really like to see a source for this rumor.

It's probably someone's imagination.

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
I think you can read too much into these things. I've already seen people posting saying "No comment means yes, otherwise you'd just say no!!", despite Joe's clear explanation only days previously about how some questions he won't answer EITHER yes or no because to do so would entail spoiling plot points. In fact, that's probably why he answered the question at all - he often seems to enjoy pointing out the.. dare I say.. stupidity of some of the comments/questions posted...

I'd not heard anything about this supposed rumour prior to the question on Joe's blog and have seen nothing about it since and no mention of a source or anything.

Agreed, I can't see them doing this unles Kate just doesnt want to work with her brother because he is as annoying as his character.;) Don't get me worng I love Mckay and Jeannie so I hope this is just rumor.

Klenotka
July 26th, 2007, 01:54 PM
It's probably someone's imagination.

Yeah, someone probably got bored and started to invite this stuff.

PG15
July 26th, 2007, 04:10 PM
From David Hewlett's twitter thing:

Just shot a "driving" scene. The crew shake the car in front of a screen playing street scenes...I kept humming the Dukes of Hazard theme!

http://twitter.com/dhewlett/statuses/168856472

He mentioned in another message that they were finishing Miller's Crossing that day.

Steve_the_Wraith
July 26th, 2007, 04:23 PM
My guess is that Joe's "no comment" should be taken as inidcating nothing

If Jeannie is going to be put in a situation where she could die (and she will, this is Stargate afterall), then answering yes or no would spoil the ending.

Also by saying "no comment" he has insured that the rumor becomes more widespread, hyping up the episode. People now are much more interested in finding out if anything happens to Jeannie

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 06:15 PM
My guess is that Joe's "no comment" should be taken as inidcating nothing

If Jeannie is going to be put in a situation where she could die (and she will, this is Stargate afterall), then answering yes or no would spoil the ending.

Also by saying "no comment" he has insured that the rumor becomes more widespread, hyping up the episode. People now are much more interested in finding out if anything happens to Jeannie

Exactly, like I said before he loves toying with us.

starfox
July 27th, 2007, 01:07 AM
What I'm interested in finding out is how far along Jeannie and Rodney will get before they're rescued. Because you know they're not going to sit around doing nothing. Either they'll make interesting strides in the research that'll be useful later, or they'll be halfway through an escape plan of their own, or both.

I really want to see Rodney and Jeannie leaving just as this whole rescue crew is pulling up.

Rodney: What took you so long? And did you bring lunch? Seriously that guy's food was horrible, I'm starvi - Ronon, are those Levi's?

It will never happen, but it could be fun.

Klenotka
July 27th, 2007, 03:44 AM
I also would like to see escaping Rodney and Jeannie by themselves. They could do it. When Rodney has to leave catch himself so Sheppard can go rescue him,
they could at least escape by themselves.
But I am anxious to see vulnerable side of Rodney. This could be interesting what everything he might do for safe of his little sister. How far can he go?

*Erika*
July 27th, 2007, 04:16 AM
I also would like to see escaping Rodney and Jeannie by themselves. They could do it. When Rodney has to leave catch himself so Sheppard can go rescue him,
they could at least escape by themselves.
But I am anxious to see vulnerable side of Rodney. This could be interesting what everything he might do for safe of his little sister. How far can he go?
I'm really excited about that aspect of the eppy. And Rodney escaping by himself would be fun.

Mitchell82
July 28th, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'm really excited about that aspect of the eppy. And Rodney escaping by himself would be fun.

Indeed but I see him more running frantically with his tail between his legs.

starfox
July 28th, 2007, 09:57 PM

It's likely, yes, but we can dream, can't we? Dream of a better world, one where Rodney is allowed to be cool for a few minutes?

Willow'sCat
July 28th, 2007, 10:08 PM
It's likely, yes, but we can dream, can't we? Dream of a better world, one where Rodney is allowed to be cool for a few minutes?
Yeah and McKay's character is not sacrificed so some fans can get a laugh. :rolleyes::cool:... just for good measure. :rolleyes:

On the rumour, I still say if anyone is dying it is the kid (child that the whole ep is meant to be about saving).;) I think some saw Joe F in the dark suit and jumped to conclusions.

scifi_lemon
July 28th, 2007, 10:50 PM
What I'm interested in finding out is how far along Jeannie and Rodney will get before they're rescued. Because you know they're not going to sit around doing nothing. Either they'll make interesting strides in the research that'll be useful later, or they'll be halfway through an escape plan of their own, or both.

I really want to see Rodney and Jeannie leaving just as this whole rescue crew is pulling up.

Rodney: What took you so long? And did you bring lunch? Seriously that guy's food was horrible, I'm starvi - Ronon, are those Levi's?

It will never happen, but it could be fun.

LOL! I'd like to see the team frantically searching for them but meanwhile Rodney ends up negotiating with the father while being forced to help. Perhaps he gets the situation under control the calvary rushes in and arrests him.

starfox
July 29th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah and McKay's character is not sacrificed so some fans can get a laugh. :rolleyes::cool:... just for good measure. :rolleyes:

On the rumour, I still say if anyone is dying it is the kid (child that the whole ep is meant to be about saving).;) I think some saw Joe F in the dark suit and jumped to conclusions.

Think there's any chance the girl is going to help them escape? That she'll be horrified at what Daddy dearest is doing and choose to go gracefully rather than hurt people in her quest to stay alive?

Or is that way too after-school special to be realistic?

pilgrim soul
July 29th, 2007, 03:44 AM

Actually I think you've hit the nail on the head. I remember a conversation, I believe in this thread where someone said something along the lines of:

"Do you think she dies? Is that why they're wearing the suits?"

And the next poster mistakenly thought that they had meant Jeannie when in fact they were meaning the little girl.

I bet someone read that post and ran with it and that's where the "rumour" came from.

Klenotka
July 29th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Yeah, everything for his "fans" to have fun. And so Sheppard could be the hero when he saves them :rolleyes: I so hope they finally will get it and stop making from McKay only comic relief and really use his character like in S1 times.
This episode has big potential for it, I hope they can do it. And even when Martin Gero writes it well, McKay will be the same in next episode again. Nothing will change.:(
No, I haven´t seen it yet. But even when they try to promise everything, I doubt they will let escape a chance to humiliate McKay. It´s too big "fun" for them to write for him those parts. I´d prefer even lesser space for him but more character development.

Xicer
August 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Updates:

The director’s cut of Miller’s Crossing came in a little long which will probably mean a scene or two not making the cut - but hopefully finding their way onto a future Deleted Footage Special Feature. By the way, guest star Steven Culp is terrific in this one.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-2-2007.html

PG15
August 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Major Hayes!!! :D

ussrelativity
August 2nd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Major Hayes!!! :D

I immediately thought that when I saw the blog entry!!!

It's been a long time now since I've seen Enterprise, but I still remember that great, great season.

Mitchell82
August 2nd, 2007, 09:17 PM

It'd be nice but he is the "screw up" character.

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 10:26 PM
It'd be nice but he is the "screw up" character.

Well, technically he's the "screw-it-up-then-fix-it" character. ;)

PG15
August 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
News from JM:

Wolfen writes: “Speaking of which, I second the wish someone had yesterday for some good McShep -- er, McKay/Sheppard friendship moments, of the not-nearly-so-snarky, plenty-angsty variety.”

Answer: Millers Crossing.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-3-2007.html

scifi_lemon
August 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM
News from JM:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-3-2007.html

Hmmm....so maybe the girl does die, McKay feels responsible and Shep has to comfort him?

defending
August 3rd, 2007, 11:13 PM
Hmmm....so maybe the girl does die, McKay feels responsible and Shep has to comfort him?
Why would he care about the girl? Unless it is tptb way of implementing some feelings into the McKay character that some have said he lacks. But Joe Mallozzi didn't say anything about comfort, or rather the person who asked the question didn't so it could be all angst which could just mean Sheppard gets into his usual and often boring, "we leave no man behind". Yes tptb could see that as angst.

I just don't think we should read too much into these comments from tptb it will only end up annoying fans in the end when no real 'moment' comes.

Klenotka
August 4th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I am anxious to see it. But what I´d like to see would be really concerned Sheppard, not just dry "they are alive" like in GUP. They still promise some relationships, I hope it means some normal friendship moments for McKay and Sheppard, too. And I mean real friendship, not just banting.

starfox
August 4th, 2007, 10:32 AM
I am anxious to see it. But what I´d like to see would be really concerned Sheppard, not just dry "they are alive" like in GUP. They still promise some relationships, I hope it means some normal friendship moments for McKay and Sheppard, too. And I mean real friendship, not just banting.

For some reason, I have this image of McKay freaking out and Sheppard trying to calm him down and tell him he doesn't have to do it. And then McKay says, "Yes, I do, she's my sister. After all, you'd do it for me." And then Sheppard starts talking strategy to deflect from how proud/scared he is.

defending
August 4th, 2007, 06:50 PM
For some reason, I have this image of McKay freaking out and Sheppard trying to calm him down and tell him he doesn't have to do it. And then McKay says, "Yes, I do, she's my sister. After all, you'd do it for me." And then Sheppard starts talking strategy to deflect from how proud/scared he is.
So in other words the usual interaction. McKay freaks out Sheppard "saves" him (from himself).

You are probably right. It looks from the entries about this episode that it is McKay/Miller heavy and Ronon and John may not turn up in any real sense until the last moments. I think this will be a McKay grows from realising how much he would give to save his sister episode but in the end he doesn't save her Sheppard and Ronon do. I think any interaction with McKay and Sheppard will be brief and of little overall importance.

I have been burned before by Joe's comments and other spoilers over three seasons I have learned not to take them literally or read too much into them.

PG15
August 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Bits from the new Martin Gero interview:

MG: ...I'm just writing another scene right now for my untitled episode [Miller's Crossing] which takes place on Earth. They're figuring out corporate structures and Ronon's just surfing the Net. They're like, "What are you doing?" He's like, "You want my help researching corporate structures? Tell me when you have someone to point a gun at, and then I'm useful." That's Ronon.

EDIT: More:

GW: Ah, so you're doing a McKay episode this year. And Jeannie's back!

MG: Yes. And Jeannie's back. I'm writing that right now. It's less that Jeannie's back and more that we go to Jeannie. It's almost exclusively an Earth-based episode. I think there's one scene that takes place, or a couple of scenes that takes place in Atlantis.

We rarely use that galactic bridge. With the galactic bridge in place it's pretty easy to get back and forth between Earth. So one of the things we did want to do this year is have an Earth story or two. We'd always avoided it because of [SG-1]. That was kind of [SG-1] territory. Now that they're not around anymore we feel like we can tell an Earth story every now and again.

That's always my favorite part about the Stargate franchise, is that it takes place today, now, in the real world. It's harder to keep that in mind when you're watching Atlantis when we're in another galaxy and stuff like that. So it's a cool story. It's a lot of fun to write. That draft is going to come in long, probably having a little too much fun writing for Kate and David again. And we're bringing everyone back. Brendan, her husband's going to be back. The kid's going to be back. I hope it's a good episode.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/gero_to_infinity.shtml

pilgrim soul
August 9th, 2007, 03:16 AM
^I love the idea of Ronon looking up porn on the net but that's just because I'm childish. :lol:

Actually one of my favourite bits from GUP was the tone of Sheppard's voice when he says "Hey buddy" I thought he sounded really sweet and worried.

Alipeeps
August 25th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Some interesting stuff about this episode in David Hewlett's interview in TV Zone. You can read my full transcript here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7036069&postcount=2) but I'll paste the bits relevant to this ep below:

As if having Sam Carter around isn't enough to unsettle McKay, he also has to deal with another visit from his sister Jeanie (played by Hewlett's real-life sibling, actress Kate Hewlett). She first appeared last year in the episode McKay and Mrs Miller and now this season she returns in Miller's Crossing. "We've got Kate back, which I know is going to make a lot of fans happy," enthuses Hewlett. "She had a terrific repartee with Steven Culp, who's done a million things, but is probably best known for playing one of the Husbands on Desperate Housewives. In this Atlantis episode he plays a wonderful villain who isn't really a villain, but more of a guy who does all the wrong things for the right reasons.

"So Steven and Kate got on like a house on fire, and we all had a great time working on this episode. I think the hardest part was keeping a straight face. Kate, Steven and I just lost it on numerous occasions, and we were doing really serious stuff, too," he chuckles. "Jeanie is just a constant source of frustration for Rodney. There are some hysterical scenes where the two of them are trying to escape from a building, and it's like watching a British comedy because they're snapping back and forth at each other, arguing about the wrong things at the wrong time. Kate really is a pleasure to work with and I hope the writers decide to bring Jeanie back again because she's such a fun character."

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2007, 07:09 PM
^I love the idea of Ronon looking up porn on the net but that's just because I'm childish. :lol:

Actually one of my favourite bits from GUP was the tone of Sheppard's voice when he says "Hey buddy" I thought he sounded really sweet and worried.

That's funny he'd then ask for John's credit card and then Mckay helps him bypass the membership details. This ep sounds great can't wait!

*Erika*
August 25th, 2007, 07:51 PM
That's funny he'd then ask for John's credit card and then Mckay helps him bypass the membership details. This ep sounds great can't wait!
Fake documents, fake credid cards, fake background story, I wonder how they do these things for the aliens...

Klenotka
August 26th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Jeanie is just a constant source of frustration for Rodney. There are some hysterical scenes where the two of them are trying to escape from a building, and it's like watching a British comedy because they're snapping back and forth at each other, arguing about the wrong things at the wrong time.

Sounds good to me. I am looking forward to see frustrated Rodney. Hysterical scenes? It is more than interesting. I like the idea of them two in trouble. Something like Rodney arguing with Jeannie that he has more experiences and that she doesn´t know what to do. I´d love to see a scene where is Rodney forced to protect his sister. I am really anxious how did MG write it.

Mitchell82
August 26th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Fake documents, fake credid cards, fake background story, I wonder how they do these things for the aliens...

Because they can!

PG15
September 10th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Some cool stuff from a recent interview:

Your sister, Kate Hewlett, makes another appearance this season, in "Miller's Crossing."

Hewlett: The return of the McKays. I was so thrilled that they took what subtle hints I could give them about the idea of casting Kate as my sister, and they've run with it. And she's back again this year. Some of my favorite stuff this year is in that episode. Watching the McKay family trying to sneak their way out of a high-security building while squabbling about directions and bringing up stories about getting lost in malls is just really, really fun. The episode is kind of neat; it has a lot of fun backstory about McKay and the family. And that's the stuff that, as an actor, you just thrive on. So she's back. Of course, now I have to try and talk them into knocking her off. I don't want to be replaced.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw16933.html

vaberella
September 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I'm so gonna love this ep. Jeannie is just the wickedest character and I would have loved to see her as minor recurring character. I hope if there is a S5, she shows up again---plus I love the little girl, it would be cool if she proves to be a mini-genius.

Mitchell82
September 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I'm so gonna love this ep. Jeannie is just the wickedest character and I would have loved to see her as minor recurring character. I hope if there is a S5, she shows up again---plus I love the little girl, it would be cool if she proves to be a mini-genius.

Agreed. This is one of the episodes I am really looking forward to.

PG15
October 31st, 2007, 06:10 PM
And we're back! Some updates from Joe's blog today:

Actually three great mixes of late: Spoils of War (So what is the difference between the silent masked wraiths and the chatty ones? Ohhhhhhh, I see.), Be All My Sins Remember’d (Awesome. This one boasts the greatest visual effects sequences the show has ever done. Mark is going to be hard-pressed to top this one.), Miller’s Crossing (With that incredibly angsty McKay-Sheppard scene.)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-31-2007.html

PG15
November 17th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Alright, so with 8 episodes down and Weir's 3rd appearence in the season still not here yet, I think we can safely conclude that Weir will be in this episode (probably in a small capacity though).

Thoughts? Comments?

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I doubt she's in this, isn't she supposed to be in 'This Mortal Coil'?

Ltcolshepjumper
November 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM
She was supposed to be in four episodes ( in the first half). so, unless JoeM lied, she's in this episode. However, judging from the plot, it'll only be a flashack or something of the sort.

PG15
November 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
You mean unless JM and Torri Higginson lied, don't you? She mentioned it during her most recent interview.

I was waiting for someone to mention JM's "untrustworthyness". ;)

jenks
November 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Actually Torri did say that she was technically in four eps but only really two, so maybe there is a flashback in this...

*edit*

There's probably a 'Previously on Stargate Atlantis' clip from Lifeline or The Real World to remindthe audience about the nanites...

prion
November 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Anyway, have seen the ad on SciFi, intermingled amongst so many ads for BSG and TinMan that I can't stomach watching either.

Anyway, noticed we'll get to see Sheppard *and* Ronon in civvies on Earth, as I'm very sure (freeze frame) that was him on the road with the car behind him, and Ronon standing behind him. Looks like a fun episode.

wheresmyfroggy
November 17th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Anyway, have seen the ad on SciFi, intermingled amongst so many ads for BSG and TinMan that I can't stomach watching either.

Anyway, noticed we'll get to see Sheppard *and* Ronon in civvies on Earth, as I'm very sure (freeze frame) that was him on the road with the car behind him, and Ronon standing behind him. Looks like a fun episode.

You wouldn't be able/willing to post the preview on youtube or something, would you? Scifi doesn't seem willing to put it up yet and I'd really like to see it. Or if you happen to know where it is uploaded.

MGM and yahoo don't have their clips up yet, either, which makes me think they're waiting a week or so before posting because of the extra week's wait for the episode. Which is dumb, because I wanna see clips now! *pout*

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 10:46 PM

Really? Tin Man actually looks interesting. They usually do very good miniseries.

Mitchell82
November 17th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Actually Torri did say that she was technically in four eps but only really two, so maybe there is a flashback in this...

*edit*

There's probably a 'Previously on Stargate Atlantis' clip from Lifeline or The Real World to remindthe audience about the nanites...

Not unluss the flashback has new scenes. Adrift was one of the ones that she mentioned since she was in a coma most of the ep. So she's in three eps with Adrift jus having her in a coma.

lostinspace
November 17th, 2007, 11:08 PM
You wouldn't be able/willing to post the preview on youtube or something, would you? Scifi doesn't seem willing to put it up yet and I'd really like to see it. Or if you happen to know where it is uploaded.

MGM and yahoo don't have their clips up yet, either, which makes me think they're waiting a week or so before posting because of the extra week's wait for the episode. Which is dumb, because I wanna see clips now! *pout*

Ditto that! Esp. for those of us who couldn't watch The Seer live, we'd love to get more hints on what's coming our way....

Andreas
November 18th, 2007, 06:51 AM
MGM's episode summary.

Episode #412: "Miller’s Crossing"
Written by: Martin Gero
Directed by: Andy Mikita
Guest Cast: Kate Hewlett
Air Date: November 30, 2007

Logline: When McKay's sister Jeanie (KATE HEWLETT) is kidnapped, the team returns to Earth to find her.

Synopsis: After working for countless hours on the Replicator coding, Dr. McKay (DAVID HEWLETT) reluctantly admits that he needs help with the program. And the only available person who can match – or exceed – his knowledge is his sister Jeanie (KATE HEWLETT).

After working on the calculations from Earth, Jeanie sends her results back to Atlantis and heads to bed. But the calm is broken when her bedroom is stormed by four men wielding MP-5's, who tie up her husband and drag Jeanie into the night.

When news reaches Atlantis that his sister is missing, McKay travels to Earth racked by guilt for involving his sister. He is determined to find her and uncover who is behind the kidnapping.

But when McKay also goes missing, it's up to Lt. Col. Sheppard (JOE FLANIGAN) and Ronon (JASON MOMOA) to figure out who has stolen the Replicator information ... and the only two people who have the knowledge to understand it.

lostinspace
November 19th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Thanks so much! That had lots of new details I wasn't aware of.

MGM's episode summary.

Episode #412: "Miller’s Crossing"
Written by: Martin Gero
Directed by: Andy Mikita
Guest Cast: Kate Hewlett
Air Date: November 30, 2007

Logline: When McKay's sister Jeanie (KATE HEWLETT) is kidnapped, the team returns to Earth to find her.

Synopsis: After working for countless hours on the Replicator coding, Dr. McKay (DAVID HEWLETT) reluctantly admits that he needs help with the program. And the only available person who can match – or exceed – his knowledge is his sister Jeanie (KATE HEWLETT).

After working on the calculations from Earth, Jeanie sends her results back to Atlantis and heads to bed. But the calm is broken when her bedroom is stormed by four men wielding MP-5's, who tie up her husband and drag Jeanie into the night.

When news reaches Atlantis that his sister is missing, McKay travels to Earth racked by guilt for involving his sister. He is determined to find her and uncover who is behind the kidnapping.

But when McKay also goes missing, it's up to Lt. Col. Sheppard (JOE FLANIGAN) and Ronon (JASON MOMOA) to figure out who has stolen the Replicator information ... and the only two people who have the knowledge to understand it.

One question though:
What happened to Carter being in Atlantis so she could help out with the scientific problems? I adore Jeannie -- but am a bit surprised that Carter's been underutilised so far in this area...

The_Carpenter
November 19th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks so much! That had lots of new details I wasn't aware of.

One question though:
What happened to Carter being in Atlantis so she could help out with the scientific problems? I adore Jeannie -- but am a bit surprised that Carter's been underutilised so far in this area...

Probably too busy being the big boss lady to spend hours upon hours on computer code. But it would be nice to see her helping out on the science side a little more

prion
November 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM
new MILLER'S CROSSING hi-rez shots! Under tag for size and spoilers

Okay, gonna say DARN! No shots of Rodney and Jeanie together. Hopefully MGM will release 'em, but in the meantime, guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sheppard and Ronon in civvies (yes, you can dress up a Satedan)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/007e7ssw.jpg

Sheppard in civvies!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/007e9wg6.jpg

McKay in civvies!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/007e865h.jpg

McKay in civvies, at desk
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/007eagkc.jpg

McKay on the PC, looking for, oh, I’m sure he’s just on eBay…
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/007e6pf4.jpg

Sheppard and Ronon, plus soldiers, to the rescue!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/SGA%20season%204/007eb3x3.jpg

Special thanks to that unnamed fan who makes these images possible ;)

Mckeller
November 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hey Here's the link to the trailer at SciFi.com (http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=185559#videoid=185559)

Mitchell82
November 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Probably too busy being the big boss lady to spend hours upon hours on computer code. But it would be nice to see her helping out on the science side a little more

But as you said she doesnt have the time to sit through the computer code. She will help as she can but her main job takes priority.