This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Vs Goa'uld????

Don't know whether this has come up before. The ancients abandoned Atlantis 10,000 years ago and returned to Earth, according to the film this is the same time that the gate on earth was buried. Do we therefore have the ancients to thank for ridding earth of the Goa’uld, the timing seems very coincidental!!!

The Goa'uld came to Earth 10,000 years ago and stayed until about 3 or 4 thousand years ago. And seemingly the Ancient arrived back 10,000 years ago too. However, 10,000 years is hardly an exact figure The Ancients could have came back 8,134 BC and the Goa'uld 7,921 BC

Comment

Now I’m confused, it doesn’t take much I know , but if the Goa’uld came to earth within the last 10,000 years, why then was the gate buried 10,000 years ago (the date given as the age of the cover stones from the film OK there is controversy over the accuracy of dating methods granted)

“A million years under the sky as Ra Sun God sealed and buried for all time - Stargate” Ok there are differences between film and series in New Order Part 1 Daniel said he used to stare at the stargate for hours while trying to figure out how to work it and in the film he only gets to see it after he figured it out!

So I suppose my new question are:

1. Why bury the Gate about 10000 yrs ago (film)?
      2. When was the gate buried according to the series?
      Last edited by Vonotar; 21 September 2004, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X