This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla's season 4 role

I'm not sure if people have seen this but according to Sci Fi Wire (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=41951&type=0), Rachel Luttrell's real life pregnancy will be written into the S4 storyline.

Congrat to Rachel, first of all. I'm wondering how this will affect the storyline, though and whether Teyla will somehow be conveniently MIA in the later half of season 4 (coincide with the return of the good old doctor, perhaps)?
    I just love shows about wormholes!

Yeah I believe this news has been around for a while if I'm not mistaken but interesting report there anyway

Comment

I'm more interested in the fact that she says that the love interest is someone we've never met before (great, the daddy's gonna be some random Athosian dude) and that the mention of 'taking care of the last of her kind'. So do all the Athosians really die in S4?
      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

I wouldn't doubt it, I mean the Athosians were never used much. I can see them very well taking that opportunity to advance Teyla's character and get them out of the way for the rest of the series

Comment

OH my gosh. Teyla gets a man. Finally!!! Now I may be a JT shipper, but damn it if the guys get love the women deserve it as well.

But bloody hell, I hope the writers don't do a whole Sunday and Weir's man situation. I'll just be bloody upset. Make this guy be around for a while, maybe 3 episodes...just not one and then disappear. Ugh, just the thought irks me.

I can't wait for her man. I hope he's a hottie. I wonder, I think he might be from another tribe. Hah, and I bloody knew that the *soft reset* would kill the theory. But this is bloody great and exciting for my fave girl. I can't wait to see him.

I am slightly worried this might fall through too though. Cause in the past the actors have told us about the guy, and if there are only 6 eps left, taht means the guy must have been picked before---but she's still waiting on the casting. It doesn't flow and he's definitely not the father of the spawn.

Meh, I'm still waiting, maybe George shows up as a love interest.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
            I'm more interested in the fact that she says that the love interest is someone we've never met before (great, the daddy's gonna be some random Athosian dude) and that the mention of 'taking care of the last of her kind'. So do all the Athosians really die in S4?
            I doubt it. I think it's someone else. By default no matter what the child is Athosian. Whatever the mother is, the child is! That is if we're following canon law. In Teyla's case since she's Athosian and leader of the Athosian's the child will always be a last of her race no matter who the father is. So it doesn't have to be Athosian.

*Please let it be George, please let it be George. Oh please let it be George!!* I realy like the idea of a half reptilian parasite.
            Last edited by vaberella; 14 June 2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              But bloody hell, I hope the writers don't do a whole Sunday and Weir's man situation. I'll just be bloody upset. Make this guy be around for a while, maybe 3 episodes...just not one and then disappear. Ugh, just the thought irks me.

I am slightly worried this might fall through too though. Cause in the past the actors have told us about the guy, and if there are only 6 eps left, taht means the guy must have been picked before---but she's still waiting on the casting. It doesn't flow and he's definitely not the father of the spawn.

Meh, I'm still waiting, maybe George shows up as a love interest.
              Well, let's hope that this 'mystery man' isn't the father. I hope that we get to see a little more character development of the guy instead the writers saying, 'hey here's this dude is her boyfriend. Everybody got that? Okay, let's forget about him for the rest of the season and move on" like they did with that random guy in Sunday.

AND CONGRATS RACHEL!
              Last edited by scifi_lemon; 15 June 2007, 04:24 AM.
              click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Well, there you have it. I believe this is the first official source to confirm that Rachel is indeed pregnent.

A big Congratulations to her!

And a smaller congratulations to us, since we don't have to talk about it like a rumor anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                  Well, let's hope that this 'mystery man' isn't the father. I hope that we get to see a little more character development of the guy instead the writers saying, 'hey here's this dude is her boyfriend. Everybody got that? Okay, let's forget about him for the rest of the season and move on" like they did with that random guy in Sunday.
                  I really was pissed about that. I'm like I totally wanted the women to have guys. I've promoted that from the beginning as all these people are healthy humans with human needs. John had a few ladies, Rodney had one, Carson had one...Ronon not as of yet, but I don't doubt he'll have one. It's not fair to the women, and I've complained about this continously.

So finding out Weir was getting a guy, I was like okay this is great. But I was totally disappointed. It was totally wishy washy even when I thought Dr. Cole and Weir could have been interesting. I wanted Teyla to get a guy first, but that's just my preference. I just hope that if the writers bring him in it's not just wishy washy one ep. I want some reasons why, where has he been, and how they came to be in this relationship. I just want some bloody depth. Plus, if he's there, I want to see him in at least 3 eps, one is just not enough and half assed. Two, meh, I can tolerate but hopefully it won't just be filler. At least in three they can make with lost things.

All in all I like that she's getting someone and I hope it's longer than 2 eps and even three eps. I wouldn't mind it growing into S5 if need be. My only concern is that the writers might not really delve there since there are about 15 or 16 eps accounted for and no talk yet of a guy...
                  1) already this doesn't bode well for the depth I hope to see.

Plus it seems very geared towards the team and team relationships despite other factors.

Not to mention, RL has mentioned something of the same nature to happen in S3 and all we got was a mention. Ugh!! So I hope the writers don't write it out or push it back and really flesh this out for me. I have high hopes for them, so I doubt they'll let me down.

On one last note...I hope this doesn't turn into the future of Teyla like PRION likes to label Sam. I hope Teyla isn't touched by the curse of the BLACK WIDOW!! I doubt it, but one can never be too certain.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Well, there you have it. I believe this is the first official source to confirm that Rachel is indeed pregnent.

And a smaller congratulations to us, since we don't have to talk about it like a rumor anymore.
                  Too true!! Obviously I'm not too concerned about the reality of the actress, as I am interested into the future of the character and her development. I like the idea of this guy....me can't wait for S4!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

reaat now we can say it offically! BTW I think I can speak for all of us when I say. CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I should throw in my Congratulations before I totally forget!!

CONGRATS RACHEL!!

Comment

I should throw in my Congratulations before I totally forget!!

CONGRATS RACHEL!!
                        I have an idea, mabey someone should start an E-Card and have as many of us sign it as he/she can and send one to her. Mabey she has a blog or something or we could send it to JM who I'm sure could get it to her.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          OH my gosh. Teyla gets a man. Finally!!! Now I may be a JT shipper, but damn it if the guys get love the women deserve it as well.

I can't wait for her man. I hope he's a hottie. I wonder, I think he might be from another tribe. Hah, and I bloody knew that the *soft reset* would kill the theory. But this is bloody great and exciting for my fave girl. I can't wait to see him.

Meh, I'm still waiting, maybe George shows up as a love interest
                          i agree Vab maybe itll certainly make a nice change for Teyla to have a love interest but it still dosen't mention anywhere that the child is Athosion maybe what she means that a small majority of her people do survive and she is doing everything she can to take care of of the last of them thats left and the love interest may not have anything to d with the pregnancy it still could be an an uknown Entity(like Doppleganger Shep)
                          ad will this love interest be at all human or Athosion mybe it could be a completeley diffrent race all i know i that i hope hes cute and that he sticks around for a while at least as itll be interesting to see a diffrent side of Teyla and this dosen't mean im going to stop shipping JT because im notbut her character definatley needs some romance

AND 1 MORE THING CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

I really was pissed about that. I'm like I totally wanted the women to have guys. I've promoted that from the beginning as all these people are healthy humans with human needs. John had a few ladies, Rodney had one, Carson had one...Ronon not as of yet, but I don't doubt he'll have one. It's not fair to the women, and I've complained about this continously.

So finding out Weir was getting a guy, I was like okay this is great. But I was totally disappointed. It was totally wishy washy even when I thought Dr. Cole and Weir could have been interesting. I wanted Teyla to get a guy first, but that's just my preference. I just hope that if the writers bring him in it's not just wishy washy one ep. I want some reasons why, where has he been, and how they came to be in this relationship. I just want some bloody depth. Plus, if he's there, I want to see him in at least 3 eps, one is just not enough and half assed. Two, meh, I can tolerate but hopefully it won't just be filler. At least in three they can make with lost things.

All in all I like that she's getting someone and I hope it's longer than 2 eps and even three eps. I wouldn't mind it growing into S5 if need be. My only concern is that the writers might not really delve there since there are about 15 or 16 eps accounted for and no talk yet of a guy...
                            1) already this doesn't bode well for the depth I hope to see.

Plus it seems very geared towards the team and team relationships despite other factors.

Not to mention, RL has mentioned something of the same nature to happen in S3 and all we got was a mention. Ugh!! So I hope the writers don't write it out or push it back and really flesh this out for me. I have high hopes for them, so I doubt they'll let me down.

On one last note...I hope this doesn't turn into the future of Teyla like PRION likes to label Sam. I hope Teyla isn't touched by the curse of the BLACK WIDOW!! I doubt it, but one can never be too certain.
                            Well, I'd hope the writers wouldn't make hte same mistake they made with Sam, killing off/disappearing any guy who showed interest in her. Yeah, and I hope we see the father - not just, oops, he went out on a mission and got wraithed.

I rather liked Weir's short date with the NOah Wylie-clone (can't remember who it was) on "Sunday."

I think the reason the male characters on the show get more 'dates'/whatever is the old double standard. If a guy has sex, it's 'oh yeah!" but if a woman has sex once, oh lord, she's a 'slut'. I remember poor Carter being savaged by some fans when she hopped in the sack with Pete, but nobody complained about Jack, Daniel or Teal'c having sex....

Although poor Shep got labeled 'Kirk' (and really, Kirk didn't see that much actual action) for kissing one or two women (as far we know, he only slept with Teer).

Comment

First, a big old congrats to Rachel. It's good to finally have official confirmation of her pregnancy.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Well, I'd hope the writers wouldn't make hte same mistake they made with Sam, killing off/disappearing any guy who showed interest in her. Yeah, and I hope we see the father - not just, oops, he went out on a mission and got wraithed.
                              Yikes! I hope that's not what they have in mind. Rachel did say that she hopes to be involved with the casting of Teyla's guy, so maybe he'll actually make an on-screen appearance.

I rather liked Weir's short date with the NOah Wylie-clone (can't remember who it was) on "Sunday."
                              I loved Elizabeth's date with Mike. Mike turned out a much better character than I expected and their non-date, date was sweet and poignant. I hope TPTB do as good a job at choosing and writing for Teyla's guy.

I think the reason the male characters on the show get more 'dates'/whatever is the old double standard. If a guy has sex, it's 'oh yeah!" but if a woman has sex once, oh lord, she's a 'slut'. I remember poor Carter being savaged by some fans when she hopped in the sack with Pete, but nobody complained about Jack, Daniel or Teal'c having sex....
                              Sad, but true. The old double standard just doesn't go away, does it? If this storyline pans out, I'm just waiting for the nasty comments to start flying about Teyla now that she's written as a *gasp* normal, healthy, sexually active woman. *sigh*

Although poor Shep got labeled 'Kirk' (and really, Kirk didn't see that much actual action) for kissing one or two women (as far we know, he only slept with Teer).
                              Yes, the Shep criticism was surprising because he didn't benefit from the leniency usually afforded sexually active male characters. I wonder if that was partly because of vocal, disappointed shippers, partly because the writers kind of dropped the ball with his character after Season 1 and partly because in Season 2, TPTB focused most of the sexual-related attention on Shep.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                              X