This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do Wraith live?

In the pilot Dr. Becket said after testing the Wraith arm Shep brought back that a being like this could live indefinately. Is that true? How long to Wraith live for? Longer than Goauld? Can tehy just live forever as long as they keep sucking out life forces? Could some of the Wraith around now be the same ones that interacted with the original Ancients?

I'd imagine they would live a pretty darn long time, if not forever as long as they have a prominent food source and don't get blown up or killed somehow.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

As far as we know, yes it is true. We haven't learned much more about the Wraith, and I tend to believe Dr. Beckett

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

the Keeper in "Rising" recognized the Atlantean tricorder right away, so either they have a really good record keeping and history dept, or perhaps she is that old....
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

if their cells can be met to their needs, like mentioned in the pilot episode, then why couldn't they live for as long as they have a steady food source. And considering that the one keeper, From the pilot episode, recognized the anicient hand device may indicate that he once did battle with them.

Comment

Yeah, living virtually forever must really suck. Wouldn't life get kinda boring after a while?

Comment

Not if you have no concept of old age and a space ship that can travel around the galaxy.

Comment

Too long for me.

Comment

Beckett also said they'd be bloody hard to kill, but Shep found the achilles heel..or abdomen rather.

Beckett does know his stuff, that was such a cool scene where he is explainign what he found out about the arm to Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                    Wouldn't life get kinda boring after a while?
                    Most of the time they hibernate. That's what I think is boring. What gives eternal life when u have to hibernate most of it because there isn't enough food. Then it's better to get killed.
                    To be German is to do everything possible to the potatoe, and possibly one or two things more.

Comment

Originally posted by Katze
                      Most of the time they hibernate. That's what I think is boring. What gives eternal life when u have to hibernate most of it because there isn't enough food. Then it's better to get killed.
                      Indeed. Ya know, for a race that lives that long, they don't seem all that bright.

Comment

When you live forever it is very easy to become complacent.

Comment

By complacent, I think you mean bored.

Comment

well that too. But you said they arent bright...well yeah, when you would live forever it would be easy to kinda lull and stay static.

Comment

Originally posted by Furyofaseraph
                              well that too. But you said they arent bright...well yeah, when you would live forever it would be easy to kinda lull and stay static.
                              No way! I'd spend my life learning and become really really smart!!

Comment

Working...
                              X