This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird thought POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I can't help it but every time i watch Atlantis, i get this feeling that Weir really fancies John Sheppard. Not like I blame her or anything, but i thought it was supposed to be Sheppard and Teyla. Has anyone else noticed or is it just me?

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

First: I don't think it's supposed to be anything. Given how they developed SG-1, I sincerely doubt that they've planned any relationships ahead of time.
    Second: In keeping with my first point I'd say that what you are picking up is partly your imagination, maybe fueled by the chemistry between the actors. There have been a few scenes that could be interpreted this way, but certainly nothing overt.

Comment

Actually a lot of people have noticed it, there's a couple threads about this. They definitely haven't written any ship in whatsoever at this point. It's just the way you interpret stuff.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
        Actually a lot of people have noticed it, there's a couple threads about this. They definitely haven't written any ship in whatsoever at this point. It's just the way you interpret stuff.
        Which, IMO, is the best way for ship to be there. So that the fans who want it can see it and interpret things the way they want to, and other fans who don't want it can ignore it.

Heck, that's the way most ship and slash are developed. Certainly they didn't write stuff to imply anything about Sam and Janet, but that's the way a lot of people interpretted chemistry and their friendlship on the show.

I think that TPTB have learned their lesson about shipping, and they aren't going to repeat the mistake. Certainly not halfway through season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Which, IMO, is the best way for ship to be there. So that the fans who want it can see it and interpret things the way they want to, and other fans who don't want it can ignore it.

Heck, that's the way most ship and slash are developed. Certainly they didn't write stuff to imply anything about Sam and Janet, but that's the way a lot of people interpretted chemistry and their friendlship on the show.

I think that TPTB have learned their lesson about shipping, and they aren't going to repeat the mistake. Certainly not halfway through season 1.
          Aye, I agree. Speculation is so much better because it doesn't create major divisions between fans. And a lot of times the fan fiction is a lot better than what actually could happen on the show ((although I don't really know too much about the Stargate ship fan fics, but it is for a lot of other shows)).
          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
            Aye, I agree. Speculation is so much better because it doesn't create major divisions between fans. And a lot of times the fan fiction is a lot better than what actually could happen on the show ((although I don't really know too much about the Stargate ship fan fics, but it is for a lot of other shows)).
            Oh come on, you know us Stargate fans can't help but fragment

Frankly I'm a Kavanagh/Simpson supporter

Comment

Working...
            X