This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Niam ever return? spoilers for "First Strike"

Niam was a great, a really sympathetic character which is hard to accomplish, seeing as he was a robot. An Asuran who deseperately wanted to be a good person and to ascend. I think it would be great if he returned

We found in First Strike that Asurans don't die exactly, their conciousness is stored in the collective upon death. So the door is totally open for Niam to return, probably alittle worse for wear, heck the Asurans have probably been torturing him for the last year.

But as a character it would be great to see him again, part of the thing that sets the Asurans apart from the replicators was that they wan't to ascend, and Niam best represents that desire. Without the desire to ascend the Asurans become just like the MW human form replicators
    sigpic

Dont see why he couldnt come back, dont think he would be the same as when we first met him however.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
      Niam was a great, a really sympathetic character which is hard to accomplish, seeing as he was a robot. An Asuran who deseperately wanted to be a good person and to ascend. I think it would be great if he returned

We found in First Strike that Asurans don't die exactly, their conciousness is stored in the collective upon death. So the door is totally open for Niam to return, probably alittle worse for wear, heck the Asurans have probably been torturing him for the last year.

But as a character it would be great to see him again, part of the thing that sets the Asurans apart from the replicators was that they wan't to ascend, and Niam best represents that desire. Without the desire to ascend the Asurans become just like the MW human form replicators
      I see no reason to bring him back. I'd like to think the Atlantis folk aren't stupid enough to just dust the replicators bits over the side. They'll dispose of them, preferably in a permanent manner like putting them in the gate's vortex. Poof. Gone. I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
        Dont see why he couldnt come back, dont think he would be the same as when we first met him however.
        If Oberoth could come back so could Niam. I like the Asurans so I hope we see Niam again.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Remember from SG-1, once the Replicator blocks are disabled with the disruptor, they are PERMANENTLY disconnected so it's safe to keep them and study them. That is unless you perposely reactivate them like Thor did in season 8.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            Remember from SG-1, once the Replicator blocks are disabled with the disruptor, they are PERMANENTLY disconnected so it's safe to keep them and study them. That is unless you perposely reactivate them like Thor did in season 8.

Vala,
            Of that particular replicator yes but they can create a new version.

Comment

Considering they're replicators, I've always wondered why they don't all look the same anyway...

Comment

Actually I figured in the "horrific reveal" that it's Niam back again and ready to kill a few people on the Atlantis team.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  Actually I figured in the "horrific reveal" that it's Niam back again and ready to kill a few people on the Atlantis team.
                  Hmm didn't think of that it's possible.

Comment

That would syck... the one rep who was actually imo worth saving turned into a baddie..

Comment

Huh. Great idea! Never thought of that.
                      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Considering they're replicators, I've always wondered why they don't all look the same anyway...
                        Probably cost. Otherwise you'd have a massive amount of replicators all looking alike...... and then you wouldn't know who was who!

Comment

I don't know if I'd want them to turn him into a bad guy if he came back. IMO it's alwasy more fun if you have at least one ally against a group of baddies.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
                            I don't know if I'd want them to turn him into a bad guy if he came back. IMO it's alwasy more fun if you have at least one ally against a group of baddies.
                            Actually they sort of did turn him into a bad guy in The Return II, but killed him before he could kill McKay.
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Actually they sort of did turn him into a bad guy in The Return II, but killed him before he could kill McKay.
                              That and he was responsible for Weir's state in The Real World.
                              Last edited by Mitchell82; 15 June 2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X