Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puddle Jumper Vs. 302 (Not what you think.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper Vs. 302 (Not what you think.)

Which is bigger?

I mean, Yes, the Jumpers can carry about eight people and the 302's can only carry 2 but the 302's are using EARTH tech which is far bulkier than the Lantean tech.

Has a 302 ever parked in front of a gate for size reference?

It's shorter, but much MUCH wider. You have to take the wings off a 302 to fit it through a gate.

Comment

Width wise, the 302 is longer. They had to dismantle the 302 to bring it through the gate. In terms of length...... no idea. :| Possibly still the 302, due to complex designs using liquid-based fuel as a rocket propellent... plus the inclusion of a short-range hyperspace jump drive.

Comment

No, the 302 is definitely shorter from tip to tail. Just watch any clips of people getting into the 302 vs the Puddle Jumper.

Comment

Oh... I guess you're right. I had thought that the 302 was V wing, but circular overall (as this is the best space-dynamic design), but upon reconsideration, I guess it isn't. :|

Comment

Actually, after having a look, it really is a moot point... the F-302s are HUGE.

I mean immense.

http://database.stargate-sg1.hu/imag...=x302&mod=ship

3 times the height of a person, god knows how many times as wide... and almost as long as a puddle jumper.

At least 70% of it's surface area are those wings though, which are most likely filled with fuel, hence the massive size...

Comment

Originally posted by Dev Corvin View Post
              Actually, after having a look, it really is a moot point... the F-302s are HUGE.

I mean immense.

http://database.stargate-sg1.hu/imag...=x302&mod=ship

3 times the height of a person, god knows how many times as wide... and almost as long as a puddle jumper.

At least 70% of it's surface area are those wings though, which are most likely filled with fuel, hence the massive size...
              Very true, and remember In the episode where the star wars-ish battle between the F-302, and Anubis' super mothership, the F-302 had to be dissassembled in order for it to be transported through the gate.

Comment

should of called this thread 'which is bigger 302 or jumper?'

but this is just as good

jumpers can carry alot of tech on it, scanners,drones, booster thrusters, cloak shield if u twiddle around with it.

for a small craft its has everything.
                sigpic

Comment

well the 302 seems bigger but it seems to be better at dog fighting that a PJ

Comment

Simple answer to this. Puddle Jumpers can fit in the gate, and the 302 was used to carry it underneath when Anubis was using it to try and destroy earth. And as people have been pointing out, the 302 needs to be dimantled to fit throught the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      should of called this thread 'which is bigger 302 or jumper?'

but this is just as good

jumpers can carry alot of tech on it, scanners,drones, booster thrusters, cloak shield if u twiddle around with it.

for a small craft its has everything.
                      Wrong, its doesnt have a place for people to take a sh*t.

Comment

Actually, i dont know about that.
                        I think i some Russian fighter aircraft do have toilets in the back. Sukhoi 32 or maybe 35, dont' know which one, but i know i read that a russian fighter has a toilet.

Comment

its a plastic bag.

Comment

Working...
                          X