• -robert cooper show running
    • vala
    • Odyssey
    • mute teal'c ( more then normal)
    • horrible writing
    • lack of team chemistry
    • carter not leading sg1
    • no jack ....not even in a mention in unending
    • did there forget about the tall circle thing that takes you to other planets
    • no Asgard (besides unending)
    • 9/10 never should have happen.
    • the ori
    • not ending the series correctly

feel free to add
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    why i was turned off by season 9/10
    • Rob Cooper has been involved in SG-1 since the very beginning; does this mean you hate all the stories he's written or had input into?

• vala
    I know not everyone likes Vala; my mother is a big Stargate fan, and she hated the Vala character. Too jokey, too obnoxious, whatever. But she changed her mind when she watched season 10 (when Vala became more "settled" and "well-rounded"). If, after season 10, you still hate Vala... you're in the minority of fans.

• Odyssey
Why do you hate it? Do you hate it more or less than Daedalus? Do you hate the ship itself, or the fact that SG-1 started to become a "ship* show"? (* = No, not that kind of "ship")

• Huh? What are you talking about? Teal'c talks plenty. Chris Judge himself has said that, since Ben Browder joined the cast, he has had to pay more attention in case Ben ab-libs something.

• horrible writing
  • That is a matter of personal opinion. I (and plenty of other people) have enjoyed plenty of the new episodes... and hated some of the older episodes. "Emancipation" ring any bells? "Hathor"? "Demons"? In the end, it just depends what you, as an individual, enjoy watching.

• lack of team chemistry
  • Again, that is a matter of opinion.

• carter not leading sg1
  • You hate all new episodes because Carter doesn't lead SG-1? May I suggest watching the episodes, because Carter DOES lead SG-1... some of the time. Since she and Mitchell are the same rank (and everyone else on SG-1 is a civilian), she and Mitchell share command of the team. And if that's not enough for you, you should enjoy season 4 of Atlantis when Carter takes command of the Atlantis expedition.

• Rick Anderson wanted to spend time with his daughter; this was a decision RDA made which was out of the hands of the writers. And, newsflash, we had EIGHT YEARS of Jack O'Neill. That's more episodes than most TV shows dare dream about! And "Unending" was about the current SG-1... there was no reason to mention O'Neill. "We'll be stuck on this ship for the rest of our lives... I really wish Jack was here."

• The shows was all about exploring the galaxy and obtaining alien technology. After ten years, the fans would have been outraged if SG-1 hadn't managed to get enough technology for a ship.

• I'm confused... you complain about SG-1 having ships and not using the Stargate enough... but you want MORE Asgard, with their ships and super-dooper-fast hyperdrives and beaming tech and the likes?

• What do you mean by this?

• the ori
  • But you enjoy snakes in human's heads dressed up as Egyptian gods?

• LOL! LOL! Sorry, that made me laugh. "not ending the series correctly"... I'm sorry, the writers didn't realise there was a pre-arranged right way to end the series!

Now, you seem to hate all the changes of late... but please remember, SG-1 wasn't exactly "static" before season 9 began! How many people watched season 2 and were outraged by the idea of "good" Goa'uld (the Tok'ra)?! How many people thought Sha're and Skaara got a raw deal in season 3 and should have been treated better by the writers? How many people hated Jonas Quinn?

In the end, if you don't like the new episodes... don't watch them. But don't spend all your time moaning on these forums.
    Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

1. Not solving Sam/Jack ship
      2. Cam
      3. Action Jackson
      4. Vala
      5. Landry
      6. Ori

Comment

Mitchell bugged me, but i got used to the other changes

Comment

1. Too many ships
          2. SG1 become blase and eye-rolling and saving the day cos everyone else was inept
          3. the Daniel/Vala show
          4. Lack of Stargate
          5. The Ori
          6. The Free Jaffa
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

no jack ....not even in a mention in unending
            Avalon, Part 1
            Origin
            The Shroud

[*]no Asgard (besides unending)
            Ripple Effect
            Camelot
            Flesh and Blood
            Last edited by jenks; 13 June 2007, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Mainly my only complaint is not seeing Sam and Jack hook up, though the fact that Sam practically screamed "I WANT HIM!" during

Spoiler:
              Unending

Does it for me. Besides that, I'm good. I loved the Ori.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Ripple Effect
                Camelot
                You missed "Flesh and Blood".

Comment

I see this alot and I don't really get all the ship hate being attributed to 9/10. The Prometheus was around long before that in the same capacity.

If I found anything hard to swallow regarding earth starships, it was how Prometheus was suddenly built in s6(?) when earth had only managed fighters before..and haphazardly at that

Don't get me wrong.. I think it's fitting and a natural progression of the stargate story that earth would build ships..it just seemed quite a large leap without much mention of it beforehand

Comment

• vala
                    • Odyssey
                    • horrible writing
                    • lack of team chemistry
                    • carter not leading sg1
                    • the ori

feel free to add

Totally agree.

Add:

Daniel/Vala comedy hour.

No mention of Tokra

The Furlings were a joke--literally.
                    The Nox ?

All our allies went bye

Too many ships--to many "beaming out--beaming in" moments. Prommie was just one ship. One ship would not take away from the primary source of travel. The Gate.

The Ori are not thought out before Cooper began to write them. He has no real idea what or who the Ori are. The Ark of Truth is just a huge plot hole. Using ascension as the bad guys without following thier own set canon on ascended beings.

The Priors are--BORING!!!!! Redundant, dull costumes and mono tone. Big staff that can make you throw up crickets. Bah!

Ba'al has been reduced to another one of Cooper's jokes.

The Landry/Lam thing--just a soap opera that defies regulations.

Mitchell--is dull too. Too much like the boy next store. He's just a boyscout. Would like to see him a bit gruffer.

Vala is far from well rounded. Unrealistic change in the character. Undelt with past. Never answering her crimes. Connected to Daniel at the hip. Now she has been dumbed down. Would rather remained a rogue force.

The pairing of the team. Daniel/Vala. Sam/Cam and then throw in Teal'c where ever a body is needed.

The lack of Thor.

The Asgard Solution. (that was a rediculas slap in the face)

The Lucerian Alliance--nothing but a crime mob with LACED CORN! WTF?

Jack? Jack who. RDA retired but no mention of the character--ever!

Warp drive--scotty!

What was that ring thing that opened up a worm hole to another planet? Does it still exist? Eureka--a Stargate!
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

i have enjoyed seasons 9 and 10. however there are a few things that bugged me.

*lack of gate travel (even though i enjoy the ships)
                      *Where were the Tok'ra and the Nox?!!!
                      *The furlings?- will we ever know who they are?. (not the fuzzy things)

I feel that the show was rushed at the end- i think if sci-fi hadnt cancelled it then the writers may have put more work into the show. I would have liked at least one more season on the ori storyline and then a movie if they decided to end it.
                      However i liked cam and vala and i think if we did have another season then we may have found out more about cam.
                      Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                      sigpic
                      sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                        I see this alot and I don't really get all the ship hate being attributed to 9/10. The Prometheus was around long before that in the same capacity.
                        really?, because I counted 2 episodes in season 7, and 3 episodes in season 8
                        compared to 7 episodes in season 9 and 7 episodes in season 10.

stargate is becoming starship

Comment

We have an anti-s9 thread and an anti-s10 thread. We've had assorted 'Stargate is losing its way' threads to boot. This one's surplus to requirements.

Madeleine

Comment

• Working...
                            X