PDA

View Full Version : "The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ChelApophis
June 13th, 2007, 06:24 AM
It's a two-parter...So "the Rise of the Googlions" part 1 and part 2.
Alan McCullough writes part 2 ( don't know who this guy is:( )
" A number of pieces fall into place as many things we've been building toward come to fruition."
source J.M's blog

First of all I love the title: "the Rise of the Googlions"!
In my opinion it won't involve the wraith, because there are already to many episodes with them.
Maybe it has something to do with Carson: "the rising of"... Maybe he ascended, for me the last scene in "sunday" points to it, and he somehow convinced the ascended ancients to help Atlantis.
"A number of pieces come to fruition"; the first goal of the Atlantis expedition was to learn from the ancients, maybe this will be the case.

female Wraith
June 13th, 2007, 07:29 AM
What if the Googlions are the bug creatures of Michael?!

s09119
June 13th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Please tell me this title is a joke... "Googlions"? That just screams cheesey Sci-Fi Channel movie lol

Vampyr
June 13th, 2007, 07:39 AM
I just thought the search-engine was getting its own race. But that's just me.

jenks
June 13th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Hmmm, seems to me like some legs are being pulled...

vaberella
June 13th, 2007, 09:03 AM
I just thought the search-engine was getting its own race. But that's just me.

Well I thought the ATA database got a search engine, I had a few questions for it...

1. Why are Ancients so stupid?!

2. Why can't Ancients help living people?!

3. Can Ancients have kids?!

4. Where is the laundry on Atlantis?

monkey_man132
June 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Please tell me this title is a joke... "Googlions"? That just screams cheesey Sci-Fi Channel movie lol Ha! thats hilarious. :D

Naonak
June 13th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Please tell me this title is a joke... "Googlions"? That just screams cheesey Sci-Fi Channel movie lol
Don't panic - it's probably just a working title, a la 'Delicious Fat Guy' and 'Wraith Fight Club'.

Alan McCullough writes part 2 ( don't know who this guy is )
He's not written any Atlantis eps yet, but he's written plenty of SG-1 stuff the last two seasons:
S9 - Prototype, Stronghold, Off the Grid, Arthur's Mantle
S10 - Insiders, 200 (along with practically everybody else), Company of Thieves, Line in the Sand, The Road Not Taken, Dominion
IMO that's a fairly strong history - Insiders is the only real clunker.

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Don't panic - it's probably just a working title, a la 'Delicious Fat Guy' and 'Wraith Fight Club'.

He's not written any Atlantis eps yet, but he's written plenty of SG-1 stuff the last two seasons:
S10 - Insiders, 200 (along with practically everybody else), Company of Thieves, Line in the Sand, The Road Not Taken, Dominion

Disagree on the clunker part but otherwise agree. The title is likely onle a working title, and I have faith that this will be a good two parter.

ChelApophis
June 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM

Nope! It's not! It's on J.M.'s blog! I've found the same info in "Stargate Atlantis Spoiler Community" and "Stagate Sg-1" solutions.
Same info on several French sites! It is not a joke: it's a 2 part episode that will air after "Quarantine".:S
At first seeing the title I thought the same thing as you: that it's a joke! But after having searched all the sites that talk about Stargate it became clear that it is very real!

What if the Googlions are the bug creatures of Michael?!

That is what I thought at first, but there are already several episodes with the wraiths before it, so I have some doubts!
But you could be right, we know that we'll see Michael in the second part of the season and this is the second part. this "rising of the googlions" part 1 and 2 are episodes 15 and 16.

Well I thought the ATA database got a search engine, I had a few questions for it...

1. Why are Ancients so stupid?!

2. Why can't Ancients help living people?!

3. Can Ancients have kids?!

4. Where is the laundry on Atlantis?

1. Since they are "Ancients" their brains are too old and are not thinking straight.

2.I have 2 answers for this one: 1. They are to pround.
2. When they used to help people they did such a mess of things that they gave up on this.

3.:confused: I'll let someone else answer this question!

4. Don't they have a big ocean around Atlantis? They wash them in the sea:). I can totaly see Weir, Teyla, Rodney etc. washing their panties and underpants together, on Atlatis's peer.:) Like in friends when Ross and Rachel go to do their laundry together!

ChelApophis
June 13th, 2007, 12:37 PM

Thanks! I was wondering who this guy was. I pretty much like all these episodes, so he'll probably do a good job!

Disagree on the clunker part but otherwise agree. The title is likely onle a working title, and I have faith that this will be a good two parter.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it is a working title! When I first read it I thought of ganlions instead of "googlions"! I couldn't stop laughing: I could see McKay complaining about the his ganglions hurting him!
Then I checked to see if this word ment something: nope, it doesn't!
the only reference I found is the verb" googler" in french; it's a borowed word from english, and it was created by the "Google" company to describe those that search the net using "google"!:(

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks! I was wondering who this guy was. I pretty much like all these episodes, so he'll probably do a good job!

Don't get me wrong, I hope it is a working title! When I first read it I thought of ganlions instead of "googlions"! I couldn't stop laughing: I could see McKay complaining about the his ganglions hurting him!
Then I checked to see if this word ment something: nope, it doesn't!
the only reference I found is the verb" googler" in french; it's a borowed word from english, and it was created by the "Google" company to describe those that search the net using "google"!:(

Mabey thats what's wrong with the Atlantis databases. We hooked windows up to them and Mckay uses google to look for dates in PG!

scifi_lemon
June 13th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Mabey thats what's wrong with the Atlantis databases. We hooked windows up to them and Mckay uses google to look for dates in PG!

LOL! I looked up 'googlion' on the urban dictionary. "someone who uses google to look up everything they don't know".

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2007, 06:58 PM
They had to call it Rise of the Googlions because Rise of the Cybermen was already taken. :P

I still say it's gonna be a race (real or synthetic) of killer librarians who collect and store data, even if they have to kill people to get at the information. After all, an organism itself is a vast treasure trove of information right down to the cellular level and beyond. :D

Mitchell82
June 13th, 2007, 09:53 PM
They had to call it Rise of the Googlions because Rise of the Cybermen was already taken. :P

I still say it's gonna be a race (real or synthetic) of killer librarians who collect and store data, even if they have to kill people to get at the information. After all, an organism itself is a vast treasure trove of information right down to the cellular level and beyond. :D

LOL if it's going to be a race make it a race of killer elves that go balistic everytime they sense Mckay's fear.;)

scifi_lemon
June 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
LOL if it's going to be a race make it a race of killer elves that go balistic everytime they sense Mckay's fear.;)

:lol: nice

Platschu
June 13th, 2007, 11:40 PM
When I heard first time this name, I thought it was a Google advertisment. :D

vaberella
June 14th, 2007, 01:27 AM
4. Don't they have a big ocean around Atlantis? They wash them in the sea:). I can totaly see Weir, Teyla, Rodney etc. washing their panties and underpants together, on Atlatis's peer.:) Like in friends when Ross and Rachel go to do their laundry together!

Wouldn't the salt content in the water affect the material---almost like starch. Plus I don't think WHISK or GAIN and sea creatures mix...do you? :S

Down with FRIENDS!!

Pharaoh Atem
June 14th, 2007, 03:13 AM

:lol: yes it does. ...hopefully scifi will make them change it.

ChelApophis
June 14th, 2007, 01:07 PM

Ah! So this is what was wrong with it! :lol: Oh, boy! that McKay just can't get enough!;)

When I heard first time this name, I thought it was a Google advertisment. :D

In any case it would have made a good publicitary campagne!

Wouldn't the salt content in the water affect the material---almost like starch. Plus I don't think WHISK or GAIN and sea creatures mix...do you? :S

Down with FRIENDS!!

Yes, lol! you're right: I forgot all about starch! It would be pretty bad for the aquatic creatures if they did their washing in the sea , true!:S

Now, why do you say down with FRIENDS? Don't you agree that it is nice to always know that on at least one of the 300 and something channels is airing friends?:S
And they'll intoxicate you with it until you learn it by heart or break the T.V., because when you zapp on the remote control to go see a funny " new" thing, there is always someone saying: "oh, leave it on friends!"

Platschu
June 14th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Maybe he spelled badly the neural "ganglion" word. ;)

Pegasus_SGA
June 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Rise of the googlion... do we know if that's the Beckett two or not?

The only thing I can think of is that the 'Rise' part is someone either coming back from the dead or 'rising' to a challenge of somesort or to take arms... And the 'Googlions' relates to a 'googler' and to 'google' something means to look up and become informed. So maybe it is Michael's army of bugs who are having consciousness and information dumped into their brains and they rise up and start becoming a threat to the Pegasus Galaxy..

Sings badly: it's the end of the world as we know it.. :D

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Rise of the googlion... do we know if that's the Beckett two or not?

The only thing I can think of is that the 'Rise' part is someone either coming back from the dead or 'rising' to a challenge of somesort or to take arms... And the 'Googlions' relates to a 'googler' and to 'google' something means to look up and become informed. So maybe it is Michael's army of bugs who are having consciousness and information dumped into their brains and they rise up and start becoming a threat to the Pegasus Galaxy..

Sings badly: it's the end of the world as we know it.. :D

'Rise of the Googlions' is the return of Carson according to JM.

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
'Rise of the Googlions' is the return of Carson according to JM.

Indeed though I hope the name changes.

Cautious Explorer
June 14th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I love the idea of Michael's army of bugs. They were wonderfully creepy in their subteranian lair. But unless Michael does some major modifications, I'm afraid I'm going to be laughing my head off watching the bug army attack people in broad daylight (no offense meant to the special effects team).

Maybe they only come out at night?

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I love the idea of Michael's army of bugs. They were wonderfully creepy in their subteranian lair. But unless Michael does some major modifications, I'm afraid I'm going to be laughing my head off watching the bug army attack people in broad daylight (no offense meant to the special effects team).

Maybe they only come out at night?

Does that mean we need Lt. Ellen Ripley?;)

Cautious Explorer
June 14th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Does that mean we need Lt. Ellen Ripley?;)

I could go for that! Maybe she could rescue Carson while she's at it.

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I could go for that! Maybe she could rescue Carson while she's at it.

Indeed!

scifi_lemon
June 14th, 2007, 05:31 PM

I'm sure it will. I much perfer 'Revenge of the Scot'. :P

ShadowMaat
June 14th, 2007, 06:00 PM

I can't believe there's any doubt about this. Of course they're going to change the name. It's just a placeholder title. They didn't call Irresistible "Delicious Fat Guy" and they're not gonna call whatever-it-is "Rise of the Googlions."

Mitchell82
June 14th, 2007, 11:53 PM
I'm sure it will. I much perfer 'Revenge of the Scot'. :P

How about 007: Carson Returns! "My name is Beckett, Carson Beckett."

Maltrancko
June 15th, 2007, 12:29 AM
is it possible that these googlians can breathe life from thoughts and memories...? would be new to Stargate and it's possible it's a temporary thing and he becomes an advisor/liason much like Jacob Carter, thus maintaining a sci-fi feel concept and a lot of stories can see him every now and again post season 4?

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 03:37 AM

The Highlander returns ;).

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 05:55 AM

Nice one. He even has the Sean Connary accent down. Er, sorta :P

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 05:56 AM
The Highlander returns ;).

Now THAT'S a great title :P

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 05:57 AM
is it possible that these googlians can breathe life from thoughts and memories...? would be new to Stargate and it's possible it's a temporary thing and he becomes an advisor/liason much like Jacob Carter, thus maintaining a sci-fi feel concept and a lot of stories can see him every now and again post season 4?

The title is TEMPORARY. It doesn't have anything to do with the story; it's just a filler until they can get an 'offical' title.

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Now THAT'S a great title :P

It is ;). Sounds so much better than this whole google thing they got so far. I wonder how much the google guys paid TPTB to actually name an ep after them? :D

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 06:35 AM
It is ;). Sounds so much better than this whole google thing they got so far. I wonder how much the google guys paid TPTB to actually name an ep after them? :D

It's *temporary*!! Repeat after me, TEMPORARY!! TEMPORARY!!!!!!

TEMPORAR--*faints*

ShadowMaat
June 15th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Don't waste your energy, lemon; nobody's listening. :rolleyes: Well, except for the people who already know better, of course. They're the ones with the sore necks from all the nodding in agreement. :P

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 07:16 AM
^ LOL! Some people...*sigh*

Pegasus_SGA
June 15th, 2007, 07:26 AM
It's *temporary*!! Repeat after me, TEMPORARY!! TEMPORARY!!!!!!

TEMPORAR--*faints*

So what is is you're actually saying, Lemon? Can you give me a clue as I don't think I understand what you're inferring. Could you repeat it for me, just very slowly so that I understand. :P*runs and hides from lemon who's about to have a kaniption fit*

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 07:27 AM
So what is is you're actually saying, Lemon? Can you give me a clue as I don't think I understand what you're inferring. Could you repeat it for me, just very slowly so that I understand. :P*runs and hides from lemon who's about to have a kaniption fit*

It's just that people keep thinking that Rise of the Googlions is the acutal episode title, not just a "temporary" place-holder one. I just got a bit frustrated...and...yeah. :o

ShadowMaat
June 15th, 2007, 07:45 AM
It's just that people keep thinking that Rise of the Googlions is the acutal episode title, not just a "temporary" place-holder one. I just got a bit frustrated...and...yeah. :o

Well, it is a bit frustrating to see folks who've been around a while and who really should know better running around complaining about "Googlions" and how stupid it is or that it's inappropriate or that it shouldn't be referring to Google or whatever. It's one thing if newbies do it because they probably don't know any better, but folks who've been around long enough to see the placeholder titles before? And they're complaining? Why??

I can see not liking what the title implies (I think I was quite disgusted by some of the implications of "Delicious Fat Guy"), but to object to the wording itself?

Of course on the other hand there's probably also an implied distrust of the producers and a fear/belief that they might use something stupid like that as an actual title. I can definitely understand that fear. ;) But I think "Googlions" is too pop culture a reference for it to be a concern.

And I'm still betting on it being about killer librarians. :P Rise of the Archivists, maybe, or Revenge of the Librarians. Out of Circulation. Database Error. Or if it's about Carson, maybe Second Edition or Information Retrieval or just something generic like Recall.

Lots of possibilities, and that's assuming I'm anywhere near the right track. ;)

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I think they should rename this to "The Rise of the Nintendos" ;). God knows how Jack O'Neill can find those jokes ;). Which episode was that one again? One where Daniel was very feisty to go back to a certain planet.

Guys, no need to have a nervous breakdown ;). I simply stated the similarity between this title and google. If people don't fancy google i can always use "Rise of the Yahoos, or Rise of Altavista" :D.

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I think they should rename this to "The Rise of the Nintendos" ;). God knows how Jack O'Neill can find those jokes ;). Which episode was that one again? One where Daniel was very feisty to go back to a certain planet.

Guys, no need to have a nervous breakdown ;). I simply stated the similarity between this title and google. If people don't fancy google i can always use "Rise of the Yahoos, or Rise of Altavista" :D.

THe episode was Crystal Skull, where they were talking about...something that sounds like Nintendos passing through them. I think.

No not the Vista! Anything but that! :eek:

Pegasus_SGA
June 15th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I've been thinking of ep titles...

Return of the living dead :P

Rise of the Phoenix :D

or Out of the Ashes

Hehehe...

*runs out the thread*

PG15
June 15th, 2007, 12:22 PM
You know, now that I think about it, I actually like the (temporary) title. It's very epic, in a B-Movie sort of way.

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I've been thinking of ep titles...

Return of the living dead :P

Rise of the Phoenix :D

or Out of the Ashes

Hehehe...

*runs out the thread*

:lol: How about....

Die Another Day ;)

Integrabyte
June 15th, 2007, 01:13 PM
How about FATMAN and Ronon?:mckayanime08:

PG15
June 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Nah, if you want to go there, it's better to have "John and the Fatman".

I wonder how many people get that reference. ;)

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Uh...I'm not one of them. Care to explain? :)

PG15
June 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Sure, it's pretty subtle/obscure:

Jake and the Fatman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_and_the_Fatman)

No, I'm not that old as to remember watching this, but they refer to it a lot on the Seinfeld DVDs. :D

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 03:49 PM

No, I'm not that old as to remember watching this, but they refer to it a lot on the Seinfeld DVDs. :D

Ah. Gotcha. I <3 Seinfeld but haven't seen it a lot recently.

Mitchell82
June 15th, 2007, 06:34 PM
THe episode was Crystal Skull, where they were talking about...something that sounds like Nintendos passing through them. I think.

No not the Vista! Anything but that! :eek:

LOL I loved that and about the title it is obvious that it is a working title. I just had a terrifying thought, lets hope they don't hook vista into the atalntis database! If they do this might happen:mckayanime07:

scifi_lemon
June 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM
LOL I loved that and about the title it is obvious that it is a working title. I just had a terrifying thought, lets hope they don't hook vista into the atalntis database! If they do this might happen:mckayanime07:

No, I think Vista would crash and sink the city. It returns to the surface in '*Rise* of the Googlions'. :P

vaberella
June 15th, 2007, 09:27 PM

Are you implying I'm old? I used to watch Jake and the Fatman with my mum, sure I was about 8 or so when that came out. It was a TEH cool show. Murder mysteries and such. I think I used to watch it after Miami Vice. :D If you're wondering: Yes, I'm all over Miami Vice reruns!!

any_gopher
June 15th, 2007, 10:55 PM
I watched Jake and the Fatmman's spin-off, Diagnosis Murder. I liked it a lot at the time.

ShadowMaat
June 16th, 2007, 06:21 AM
I remember Jake & the Fatman being on, but I never watched it myself.

Maybe it'll be about a helper app/gopher/search engine that was left on a search for so long that it eventually evolved into something bigger... and dangerous.

Naonak
June 16th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Yep - neutrinos.

immhotep
June 16th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Just caught the title of this thread. Im not put off by the title, its not going to be the real little, they dont generally go for stupid official titles. Cept wormhole extreame. And they have never dont "the rise of" as a title in 13years of combined TV.
As to plot i think its going to be quite interesting. ive got a feeling the travellers are going to play a big part in this episode, because they are meant to recur in the back half of the season. It cant be the Mid season 2 parter because that would make it a 5 episode parter. They might as well call it the LOTR's sci fi trilogy.
Gotta say im looking forward to the mid season so much, maybe the rise of the googlions will be related to the travellers. I have a plot forming, the Travellers use thier ancient battleship, after ATA gening from Shepard. They unwittingly attack the replicators and they get a virus aboard thier ship. In the end we have to intervene and protect the generational ships of the Travellers from thier own, replicator controlled ancient warship. In the end the replicators take over a chunk of the travellers fleet but we destroy the Aurora with our new "upgrades". The replicators are taking over, using the virus they tried to put in to atlantis in S3 finale.

Mitchell82
June 16th, 2007, 09:27 AM
No, I think Vista would crash and sink the city. It returns to the surface in '*Rise* of the Googlions'. :P

Good point poor Atlantis Bill Gates when will you learn?!;)

Mitchell82
June 16th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Just caught the title of this thread. Im not put off by the title, its not going to be the real little, they dont generally go for stupid official titles. Cept wormhole extreame. And they have never dont "the rise of" as a title in 13years of combined TV.
As to plot i think its going to be quite interesting. ive got a feeling the travellers are going to play a big part in this episode, because they are meant to recur in the back half of the season. It cant be the Mid season 2 parter because that would make it a 5 episode parter. They might as well call it the LOTR's sci fi trilogy.
Gotta say im looking forward to the mid season so much, maybe the rise of the googlions will be related to the travellers. I have a plot forming, the Travellers use thier ancient battleship, after ATA gening from Shepard. They unwittingly attack the replicators and they get a virus aboard thier ship. In the end we have to intervene and protect the generational ships of the Travellers from thier own, replicator controlled ancient warship. In the end the replicators take over a chunk of the travellers fleet but we destroy the Aurora with our new "upgrades". The replicators are taking over, using the virus they tried to put in to atlantis in S3 finale.

Agreed this will likely be close to the end of the season. The whole season
sounds like it will be great but I am really looking forward to this. But it's so far far away.:tealcanime22:

ShadowMaat
June 16th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Just caught the title of this thread. Im not put off by the title, its not going to be the real little, they dont generally go for stupid official titles. Cept wormhole extreme.
Wormhole X-treme! was supposed to sound stupid because it was the title of the very corny TV show Martin had created. Since that show was the main focus of the episode it made sense to call the ep that.

scifi_lemon
June 16th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Good point poor Atlantis Bill Gates when will you learn?!;)

Uh...never :P

Integrabyte
June 17th, 2007, 03:18 AM
Uh...never :P

Come on , life is not worth living if you don't have a couple BSODs :D. That is something we can thank Bill ;).

When are we going to see the new title? This whole ooompa loompa thing is giving me the creeps :D.

immhotep
June 17th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Wormhole X-treme! was supposed to sound stupid because it was the title of the very corny TV show Martin had created. Since that show was the main focus of the episode it made sense to call the ep that.
Thats why i said Cept. The wouldnt generally call an episode by a stupid title unless it was intentionalyl meant to be stupid and comical and that was the focus of the plot. Otherwise the Tower would have been called "the plumline", 200 would have been called "Crap on 10 years for the sake of it", camolot would have been called Scaling mistake and Progeny called "here we go again".
I was making the point that this title isnt the real one and therefore people shouldnt be fretting.

Maltrancko
June 17th, 2007, 06:16 AM
any idea what ep number this is in the season as it's not listed officially on the gateworld list and is this just the working title? or is this the final title, it just seems so strange to call an ep this?

Mitchell82
June 17th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Come on , life is not worth living if you don't have a couple BSODs :D. That is something we can thank Bill ;).

When are we going to see the new title? This whole ooompa loompa thing is giving me the creeps :D.

Good point. Thanks alot now I have that song in my head.;) Now I'll sitick this in your head "We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderfull Wizard of Oz.....";)

scifi_lemon
June 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Good point. Thanks alot now I have that song in my head.;) Now I'll sitick this in your head "We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderfull Wizard of Oz.....";)

Not that song!!! That's almost as bad as "It's a Small World".

PG15
June 17th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Alright, I think we can safely assume that the following location photos and info is for this episode:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RnMfxrNwLCI/AAAAAAAADsM/57mnd-GWzAI/s1600-h/DSC06155.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RnMfpLNwLBI/AAAAAAAADsE/Jv-IPXgLIR8/s1600-h/DSC06161.JPG

It’s hard to describe the location. Suffice it to say, the producers of Saw 5 should seriously consider checking it out. It was a serial killer’s dream. On the upside, it offered up plenty of creepy looks. On the downside, the air was so thick with whatever particulates happened to floating around (“Hey, is anybody else’s eyeballs itchy?“) that I could feel my lungs seizing up. Ah, nothing like getting out of those stuffy offices.

As it turned out, it was a very good location but it didn’t meet all of our needs. And so, we are faced with a choice: shoot part of the episode there and build the requisite lab on one of our stages, shoot the episode there and lose the lab scene, or scout out a completely different location. Thankfully, we have time to think about it.

Why do I think this stuff is for "Rise of..."? Because it's for an episode Joe is wrting, and he's only writing this episode, "This Mortal Coil", and "Reunion", the latter 2 having been filmed a few weeks ago already.

Ok, so this might not be the eventual location, but the point is that this episode will require a creepy looking set like the one above...and a lab.

Seems like good ole' Mike is involved more and more everyday.

Mitchell82
June 17th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Alright, I think we can safely assume that the following location photos and info is for this episode:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RnMfxrNwLCI/AAAAAAAADsM/57mnd-GWzAI/s1600-h/DSC06155.JPG

http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RnMfpLNwLBI/AAAAAAAADsE/Jv-IPXgLIR8/s1600-h/DSC06161.JPG

Why do I think this stuff is for "Rise of..."? Because it's for an episode Joe is wrting, and he's only writing this episode, "This Mortal Coil", and "Reunion", the latter 2 having been filmed a few weeks ago already.

Ok, so this might not be the eventual location, but the point is that this episode will require a creepy looking set like the one above...and a lab.

Seems like good ole' Mike is involved more and more everyday.

Not just that but it reminds me of the set for Vengence, and I still believe that Michael has something to do with this.

scifi_lemon
June 17th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Not just that but it reminds me of the set for Vengence, and I still believe that Michael has something to do with this.

Agreed. Oooo this is gonna be so good!!!! When does S4 start again?! ;)

Integrabyte
June 18th, 2007, 10:26 AM
It is confirmed. SGA is going DOOM 3 style. These Googlions will be toys created by a segregated Wraith. Ooooo poor Michael!!!!! (Doom 3 had a freaky doctor :D ) and RONON will be the marine taking care of things ;). Or should I say Conan?

scifi_lemon
June 18th, 2007, 01:53 PM
It is confirmed. SGA is going DOOM 3 style. These Googlions will be toys created by a segregated Wraith. Ooooo poor Michael!!!!! (Doom 3 had a freaky doctor :D ) and RONON will be the marine taking care of things ;). Or should I say Conan?

:lol:

I think that the only ending I *wouldn't* be okay with is a Saprannos (ugh, can't spell today) "fade to black without wrapping up any of the dangling plotlines" ending. :( I think the fanbase would have to declare war if that happened, especcially since SGA might not get renewed for a 5th season.

PG15
June 18th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Finally, we can stop all of the panicking. Joe has renamed his script to The Kindred.

As confirmed on his blog.

scifi_lemon
June 18th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Finally, we can stop all of the panicking. Joe has renamed his script to The Kindred.

As confirmed on his blog.

At last, an end to the chaos and hysteria!!!

But the title is very interesting...who is the kindred? Carson, I guess. Maybe it's his older, good looking brother Danger Beckett! XD Perhaps they mean 'kindred' like 'kindred spirits'? Interesting...

Princess Awinita
June 19th, 2007, 01:31 AM

that is soooooo true, my bro-in-law works for Microsoft and the poor sod has to put up with a very crashy computer bbecause its Operating System is.... you guessed it, Crapta(Vista) though Jimira calls it a entirely different name..... errr... names

though when I first read this thread I was like.... what? good idea for a ad campaigne though if you ask me, it seems as if amny fan writers are writing Carsons return nito their stories these days since he passed on to the next life the poor guy

hmmmm..... the Kindred.... very very catchy, i like it.... the kitty likes it!! :)

Integrabyte
June 19th, 2007, 02:47 AM
PG15 thanks for the info ;). All we have to do now is debate the new title ;). The new title will suit Michael's toys, however, in my opinion there are better titles out there. For example, "Wraith gone mad" or "Never run with the scissors :jack:":D "Go suck on a lemon" :D

Cautious Explorer
June 19th, 2007, 04:21 AM
At last, an end to the chaos and hysteria!!!

But the title is very interesting...who is the kindred? Carson, I guess. Maybe it's his older, good looking brother Danger Beckett! XD Perhaps they mean 'kindred' like 'kindred spirits'? Interesting...

I like that interpretation. It makes sense. After all, Michael is a twisted version of Carson.

Or maybe it refers to Michael's bug "family".

vaberella
June 19th, 2007, 06:24 AM
First thought, figured it was Ancient related, and those with the ancient gene.

Or it could be Teyla related and all those people who have the same sort of mutated human/wraith gene.<---which would be cool to watch. It would connect the wraith---by default retrovirus and Carson and it would relate to the ever present Teyla arc.

Or it could go the Ronon route and those like Ronon...ie Runners, as was mentioned in Sateda. You know the blinking of other Runners on other planets. Maybe they might tell us or at least confirm that Ronon has the chromosome in Poisoning the Well. Hence the Wraith couldn't or wouldn't feed on him.

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 07:44 AM
that is soooooo true, my bro-in-law works for Microsoft and the poor sod has to put up with a very crashy computer bbecause its Operating System is.... you guessed it, Crapta(Vista) though Jimira calls it a entirely different name..... errr... names

though when I first read this thread I was like.... what? good idea for a ad campaigne though if you ask me, it seems as if amny fan writers are writing Carsons return nito their stories these days since he passed on to the next life the poor guy

hmmmm..... the Kindred.... very very catchy, i like it.... the kitty likes it!! :)

I know my mom just bought a laptop with Vista and it's already crashed and she's had it less that 4 days.

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Kindred, ahh much better name.

Ltcolshepjumper
June 19th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Back during the beginning of Season three several episode titles were presented, including Delicious Fat Guy (which became Irresistable), and THE KINDRED. I think they said it had something to do with showing darker sides of the team. Could it be the same, but just about Beckett? I do think though thatit will have something to do with Michael.

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Back during the beginning of Season three several episode titles were presented, including Delicious Fat Guy (which became Irresistable), and THE KINDRED. I think they said it had something to do with showing darker sides of the team. Could it be the same, but just about Beckett? I do think though thatit will have something to do with Michael.

I bet that it has to do with Michael and Beckett.

scifi_lemon
June 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
I bet that it has to do with Michael and Beckett.

Ditto. I agree with the Person (sorry, forgot your name and I'm too lazy to go look it up! :P) that said Michael is a twisted verson of Carson. Too true, my friend, too true.

I totally think that Carson's return and Michael are intertwined. I like the angle that Carson is being controlled by Michael and Haliyah's theory continues to seem correct :P

This is gonna be SO good! *squee!*

Integrabyte
June 19th, 2007, 04:10 PM
I think the million dollar question here is:

"Who will be the first to go fishing with Carson?" :jack:

scifi_lemon
June 19th, 2007, 05:47 PM
I think the million dollar question here is:

"Who will be the first to go fishing with Carson?" :jack:

ROTFL!!!!!! :lol::lol:lol:*snort* Homigod. Wow... that is so awesome.

McKay, then the dude with the exploding tumor that Carson saved, then everybody else. :P

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 04:40 PM

McKay, then the dude with the exploding tumor that Carson saved, then everybody else. :P

NONONO! Jack and SAM! Must be Jack and Sam! ;)

Princess Awinita
June 20th, 2007, 04:46 PM

no no no! The first person is TEYLA, then McKay, then the guy with the exploding tumor, then everybody else.

I say Teyla first because she was the second to last person he ever would save the life of.

scifi_lemon
June 20th, 2007, 05:35 PM
NONONO! Jack and SAM! Must be Jack and Sam! ;)

0.o Why them?

no no no! The first person is TEYLA, then McKay, then the guy with the exploding tumor, then everybody else.

I say Teyla first because she was the second to last person he ever would save the life of.

Teyla would be good but I said McKay because he seemed to feel more guilty IMO and would want to make up for it.

Integrabyte
June 21st, 2007, 01:05 PM
I highly doubt anyone will go. Jack was frozen in Antarctica, Carter cried like a puppy, Teal'c gave her some kleenex and nobody asked if he wanted to go fishing when Thor brought him back. Having said that, I guess Carson will go fishing on his own if he comes back :D.

:ronananime01::vortex04:

Xepherah
June 21st, 2007, 01:13 PM
Ah! So this is what was wrong with it! :lol: Oh, boy! that McKay just can't get enough!;)

In any case it would have made a good publicitary campagne!

Yes, lol! you're right: I forgot all about starch! It would be pretty bad for the aquatic creatures if they did their washing in the sea , true!:S

Now, why do you say down with FRIENDS? Don't you agree that it is nice to always know that on at least one of the 300 and something channels is airing friends?:S
And they'll intoxicate you with it until you learn it by heart or break the T.V., because when you zapp on the remote control to go see a funny " new" thing, there is always someone saying: "oh, leave it on friends!"

Say who the #### are these googlions anyway? The wraith´s enemy?
Or some people who ´google´ all the time behind the PC? The rise of the googlions. * frowns* Jesus...The RISE OF THE GOOGLIONS! -how be Wraithed- I didn´t saw that coming....:beckett03:

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 01:28 PM
Say who the #### are these googlions anyway? The wraith´s enemy?
Or some people who ´google´ all the time behind the PC? The rise of the googlions. * frowns* Jesus...The RISE OF THE GOOGLIONS! -how be Wraithed- I didn´t saw that coming....:beckett03:

It was a TEMPORARY title. Just some gag thing the writers came up with it until they thought up the *real* title.

Integrabyte
June 21st, 2007, 01:29 PM
It was a TEMPORARY title. Just some gag thing the writers came up with it until they thought up the *real* title.

You have to admit, title was cool ;). The KINDRED seems a bit cheezy compared to the Goooooooglions ;).

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
You have to admit, title was cool ;). The KINDRED seems a bit cheezy compared to the Goooooooglions ;).

I think we need a fanfic where the team encounters an semi-advanced race that kidnaps people and sucks out all the information in their brains and puts it in a device known as...the Google.

"All hail the Google!!!"

:P

Integrabyte
June 21st, 2007, 03:28 PM
I think we need a fanfic where the team encounters an semi-advanced race that kidnaps people and sucks out all the information in their brains and puts it in a device known as...the Google.

"All hail the Google!!!"

:P

...or better yet, HALLOWED are the GOOOOOGLIONS! TPTB, plenty of creative ideas for you. Pay attention :D.

Well the EUROPEAN COMMISSION IS suing google for "kidnapping" information from people.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 05:52 PM
...or better yet, HALLOWED are the GOOOOOGLIONS! TPTB, plenty of creative ideas for you. Pay attention :D.

Well the EUROPEAN COMMISSION IS suing google for "kidnapping" information from people.

There we go; it could be a "political commentary" :P

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 09:46 PM
0.o Why them?

Teyla would be good but I said McKay because he seemed to feel more guilty IMO and would want to make up for it.

Sorry I'm a Sam/Jack shipper.;):o I'll go with Mckay.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Sorry I'm a Sam/Jack shipper.;):o I'll go with Mckay.

I like S/J too (they were meant to be! :P) W00t McKay! Long live the squirrel king! ;)

Mitchell82
June 21st, 2007, 09:52 PM
I like S/J too (they were meant to be! :P) W00t McKay! Long live the squirrel king! ;)

LOL everytime I think of Mckay now though I can't help but see my favorite scene from Sateda. Carson: You have an arrow in your gluteous maximus(probably spelt wrong) Mckay: OH! Thats my ass isnt it?! Very funny stuff.

scifi_lemon
June 21st, 2007, 10:34 PM
LOL everytime I think of Mckay now though I can't help but see my favorite scene from Sateda. Carson: You have an arrow in your gluteous maximus(probably spelt wrong) Mckay: OH! Thats my ass isnt it?! Very funny stuff.

Ah Sateda. Good times, good times. :)

I showed the scene from Sateda where McKay gets hit with arrow and cries, "That did not just happen!!" to a Korean immigrant who barely speaks English and doesn't watch scifi. She started cracking up laughing. I don't know, but I just think it's cool that humor is a universal language, ya know? ;)

BeautifulScotland
June 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM
I am almost fully convinced now that Micheal was behind Carson's disapperence! Can't wait!

Maltrancko
June 21st, 2007, 11:44 PM
what ya basing that on though? and what scene in late season 3 were we suppose to see for the clue??

Integrabyte
June 22nd, 2007, 02:23 AM
what ya basing that on though? and what scene in late season 3 were we suppose to see for the clue??

Ditto. Eager to find out how Michael is tied into this.

Ancient lab----->Exploding tumours----->Carson Braveheart performs surgery on one of the patients------>Tumour goes bang in the container------>Carson pushes daisies.

....and Michael comes into play, where? :daniel:

DONNA BOOTH
June 22nd, 2007, 04:23 AM
although im a jt shipper i love the micheal storylines he is such a good character and im looking forward to seeing Carson again:sheppard::teyla:

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 12:42 PM
Ah Sateda. Good times, good times. :)

I showed the scene from Sateda where McKay gets hit with arrow and cries, "That did not just happen!!" to a Korean immigrant who barely speaks English and doesn't watch scifi. She started cracking up laughing. I don't know, but I just think it's cool that humor is a universal language, ya know? ;)

:lol: Indeed.

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 12:44 PM

Ancient lab----->Exploding tumours----->Carson Braveheart performs surgery on one of the patients------>Tumour goes bang in the container------>Carson pushes daisies.

....and Michael comes into play, where? :daniel:

I know it's hard to place as there really isnt a flashing sign saying "Carson's Return Clue Here". So it could be in First Strike too. Really confused on just what the clue is.

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I know it's hard to place as there really isnt a flashing sign saying "Carson's Return Clue Here". So it could be in First Strike too. Really confused on just what the clue is.

Okay, I'm going to post the best theory I've heard so far and see if it answers any of your questions. It certinally answered mine. ;)

Originally Posted by Haliyah

.:Some point after Misbegotten: Michael is now rogue. Michael and the Asurans have a common enemy. Michael especially dislikes Carson. Michael makes an alliance with the Asurans to help them get intel and/or infiltrate Atlantis if they help him get Carson. The idea of replacing Carson comes up, because it would serve both purposes. However, to do this, it would need to be the most sophisticated and real replicator ever created. The Wraith use organic technology. The Asurans fuse their technology with the organic Wraith technology that Michael provides. RepliCarson is born, complete with all the functions of a real human, and a secret sub-space transmitter which will broadcast continuously once activated.

.:Flash forward to The Return, Part Two: At some point during the retaking of Atlantis, Carson and his replicator clone are switched after Carson's memories and brain activity are copied and implanted into the replicator. They are now practically indistinguishable. RepliCarson has no idea that he is not human, and is "woken up" back where he was before he was taken. He has no memory of his "birth." Carson, incapacitated, is secreted back to the Asuran homeworld, Michael in tow, and is imprisoned there.

.:As the Earth-built weapons platform Horizon is bombarding the Asuran homeworld, Carson is probably 'gated to another planet for safekeeping.

.:I'm thinking that they'll discover Carson either: a] imprisoned aboard an Asuran ship once they catch up with Atlantis for their retribution and the 'final battle' is taking place, or b] completely alone and in need of therapy after escaping to another planet, trying and failing to dial the now-spaceborne Atlantis, and having to make his own way whilst avoiding his enemies.

See? What did I tell you? It explains everything ;)

Mitchell82
June 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Okay, I'm going to post the best theory I've heard so far and see if it answers any of your questions. It certinally answered mine. ;)

.:Some point after Misbegotten: Michael is now rogue. Michael and the Asurans have a common enemy. Michael especially dislikes Carson. Michael makes an alliance with the Asurans to help them get intel and/or infiltrate Atlantis if they help him get Carson. The idea of replacing Carson comes up, because it would serve both purposes. However, to do this, it would need to be the most sophisticated and real replicator ever created. The Wraith use organic technology. The Asurans fuse their technology with the organic Wraith technology that Michael provides. RepliCarson is born, complete with all the functions of a real human, and a secret sub-space transmitter which will broadcast continuously once activated.

.:Flash forward to The Return, Part Two: At some point during the retaking of Atlantis, Carson and his replicator clone are switched after Carson's memories and brain activity are copied and implanted into the replicator. They are now practically indistinguishable. RepliCarson has no idea that he is not human, and is "woken up" back where he was before he was taken. He has no memory of his "birth." Carson, incapacitated, is secreted back to the Asuran homeworld, Michael in tow, and is imprisoned there.

.:As the Earth-built weapons platform Horizon is bombarding the Asuran homeworld, Carson is probably 'gated to another planet for safekeeping.

.:I'm thinking that they'll discover Carson either: a] imprisoned aboard an Asuran ship once they catch up with Atlantis for their retribution and the 'final battle' is taking place, or b] completely alone and in need of therapy after escaping to another planet, trying and failing to dial the now-spaceborne Atlantis, and having to make his own way whilst avoiding his enemies.

Indeed! Our questions answered! Now lets see what tptb do.

scifi_lemon
June 22nd, 2007, 10:23 PM
Indeed! Our questions answered! Now lets see what tptb do.

Ooooh *hops up and down* I don't wanna wait!! Where's that time machine?

Mitchell82
June 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Ooooh *hops up and down* I don't wanna wait!! Where's that time machine?

In my head till I fire Mckay. He broke the protoype.

scifi_lemon
June 23rd, 2007, 10:16 PM
In my head till I fire Mckay. He broke the protoype.

That Fumbles McStupid! Get Carter to help. She's smarter than him anyway ;)

Mitchell82
June 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM
That Fumbles McStupid! Get Carter to help. She's smarter than him anyway ;)

Yeah just need to get the right type of machine, it seems I'll need alot of room.

scifi_lemon
June 24th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah just need to get the right type of machine, it seems I'll need alot of room.

*whispers* No make it small then make people pay to use it. You're sure to earn lots. ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM
*whispers* No make it small then make people pay to use it. You're sure to earn lots. ;)

Good idea. Now if I can find a delorian I'm halfway there.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Good idea. Now if I can find a delorian I'm halfway there.

Whoooooohoooooo!!!!!!

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Whoooooohoooooo!!!!!!

Indeed now all I need is plutonium and a flux capaciter!

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Indeed now all I need is plutonium and a flux capaciter!

Yay!!! September, here we come! :D:D:D

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yay!!! September, here we come! :D:D:D

Well I got the plutonium *shhhhh, don't tell the fbi* Now just need the flux capacitor.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Well I got the plutonium *shhhhh, don't tell the fbi* Now just need the flux capacitor.

*your secret's safe with me* The flux capacitor...I think it has something to do with a Y and brightly lit optic fibers ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 06:39 PM
*your secret's safe with me* The flux capacitor...I think it has something to do with a Y and brightly lit optic fibers ;)

Hmm don't think cristmas lights will work... back to the drawing board.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Hmm don't think cristmas lights will work... back to the drawing board.

What about glow in the dark silly string? ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM
What about glow in the dark silly string? ;)

hmm lets see powering up....... *sparks and tiny explosions* Damn!

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 08:10 PM
hmm lets see powering up....... *sparks and tiny explosions* Damn!

Oh noes!

We're so weird ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Oh noes!

We're so weird ;)

But in a good way. Trust me you don't want to hear some of the stuff we come up with in our barracks when we're bored.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 10:54 PM
But in a good way. Trust me you don't want to hear some of the stuff we come up with in our barracks when we're bored.

*snort* :lol:

PG15
July 4th, 2007, 09:02 PM
A new bit from JM:

Happy Fourth of July to our neighbors down south! Also, Happy National Country Music Day! AND Happy Tom Sawyer Fence-Painting Day! I celebrated all three by working on my script. It reads pretty solid to me. But then again, I’m the guy who wrote it. Wait until the other writers get their critical little fingers on my masterpiece. It’s always the same thing. Paul will feel there’s too much philosophical introspection while Marty G. will feels there’s not enough. Alan will inevitably demand a better understanding of the deeper cultural subtext that underlies the off-world scenes. And Carl will criticize the font. Well, after tomorrow, it will no longer be my problem as I’ll be emailing it to Paul who will do his pass, after which hiatus will be over, we’ll be back at work, and it will be my problem again as we begin prep on The Kindred Part I.

I spoke to Paul McGillion just before the hiatus kicked off and pitched out what we had in store for him. He was very excited about the story and very much looking forward to coming back. And we look forward to having him back and, of course once again being audience to his beautiful singing voice.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-4-2007.html

pie eater general
July 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Hmmm... so the suggestion here is that Beckett might be involved in these episodes? It is promising to hear that Paul McGillion is excited about the story arc - maybe TPTB will handle Beckett's return properly after all!

This news gives added creedence to the idea that 'The Kindred' might be a Michael episode.

scifi_lemon
July 5th, 2007, 10:06 PM
A new bit from JM:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-4-2007.html

Beckett singing? I wanna hear! ;)

PG15
July 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Hints from Joe:

Alan is plugging away on Kindred II which is an episode fans will no doubt be looking forward to. No pressure, Alan. Paul, meanwhile, phoned me up to discuss some of the changes he wants to make to Kindred I. The fact that wraith ships don’t possess shields certainly complicates matters, but I’ve always loved Paul’s idea of giving them limited regenerative capabilities. And, if it survives the polish, we get to find out where Lorne grew up. Any guesses?

We’ll be back in the offices on Monday at it looks like a week of meetings for yours truly as we head directly into prep on Kindred I, to be directed by SG-1 alumni Peter Woeste. Damn. I’ll miss spending quality time with the dogs.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-12-2007.html

Xicer
July 12th, 2007, 04:47 PM
So we finally get some backstory on Lorne? Awesome!

Redhooks
July 12th, 2007, 05:20 PM
So we finally get some backstory on Lorne? Awesome!
I seem to remember there was some backstory on him in "Sunday." I guess it is how you define some.

Xicer
July 12th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Really? Ahh I must of missed it or forgot.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Hints from Joe:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-12-2007.html

Hmm....interesting. How could the shieldless Hive ships complicate things? You'd think that if our team was fighting a Hive, it'd make things *less* complicated. Strange.

I think Lorne grew up on the West Coast of the US. What about you?

Xicer
July 12th, 2007, 06:33 PM
I think he meant that it complicates things from a writing standpoint. Wraith Hive ships not having shields probably introduced problems with the story or something.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I think he meant that it complicates things from a writing standpoint. Wraith Hive ships not having shields probably introduced problems with the story or something.

That's what I was thinking too. But what kind of possible storyline would that interfere with?

PG15
July 12th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Massive battle damage, perhaps?

He did talk about regenerating capabilities.

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM

So maybe the team and/or an ally is on a Hive in a battle? Hmm...

Wombatbaby
July 12th, 2007, 11:48 PM

Okay, heres my cent worth.

Okay, suppose Michael managed to create a Carson-clone or something and switched them during just after capturing Carson in The Misbegotten. He had more than enough time and we never saw what happened to Carson until they found him 'barely conscious' alone in the tent. Maybe the Carson they brought back wasn't real. Alike in every way, but not ours. So the clone was the one that got blown up, while trying to get rid of the exploding tumor.

(okay, seriously that was just a *DUMB* idea.)

JM did say that it our be 'Our Carson' returning. And Michael has now corrupted Sweet!Carson into EvilWraithAlly!Carson. It fits and adds that extra bit of angst that no story is complete without. :teyla25:

Maybe Michael came into play long ago. No one said all these events had to happen at once. :D

Okay, now feel free to mock me.

:tomato:

scifi_lemon
July 13th, 2007, 10:36 AM

Okay, suppose Michael managed to create a Carson-clone or something and switched them during just after capturing Carson in The Misbegotten. He had more than enough time and we never saw what happened to Carson until they found him 'barely conscious' alone in the tent. Maybe the Carson they brought back wasn't real. Alike in every way, but not ours. So the clone was the one that got blown up, while trying to get rid of the exploding tumor.

JM did say that it our be 'Our Carson' returning. And Michael has now corrupted Sweet!Carson into EvilWraithAlly!Carson. It fits and adds that extra bit of angst that no story is complete without. :teyla25:

Maybe Michael came into play long ago. No one said all these events had to happen at once. :D

That was far from mock-worthy. Carson!Clone dying in Sunday makes the most sense. In yours, the only potential flaw I see is how would Michael make a Carson!Clone in the middle of the camp? But besides that it's good.

Princess Awinita
July 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM

Mock you? why would we do that? this is CARSON we are talking about here! that makes the most sense that I have read thus far.

jenks
July 13th, 2007, 04:38 PM

Sounds ****e to me.

PG15
July 13th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Huh?

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Huh?

Joins you in :tealcanime49:

jenks
July 15th, 2007, 04:31 AM
I was smashed when I posted that, it could mean anything... or nothing. :D

Mitchell82
July 15th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I was smashed when I posted that, it could mean anything... or nothing. :D
Getting smashed tsk tsk.;)

Wombatbaby
July 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Mock you? why would we do that? this is CARSON we are talking about here! that makes the most sense that I have read thus far.

:weiranime32:Awe shucks.

That was far from mock-worthy. Carson!Clone dying in Sunday makes the most sense. In yours, the only potential flaw I see is how would Michael make a Carson!Clone in the middle of the camp? But besides that it's good.

That's a darn good question. Part of me wants to say 'Well he's a wraith scientist I'm sure he's smart enough.' But another part wants to say 'Maybe he made one in advance.' But then another part of me ties those two parts up and says 'Ya know Lemon's got a darn good point.' :jonas16::weiranime34:

RepliHawk
July 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM

That also makes sense to me too about carson

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 09:00 PM
That's a darn good question. Part of me wants to say 'Well he's a wraith scientist I'm sure he's smart enough.' But another part wants to say 'Maybe he made one in advance.' But then another part of me ties those two parts up and says 'Ya know Lemon's got a darn good point.' :jonas16::weiranime34:

:lol: That's why I think he either made the clone after Misbegotten, either by himself or with help from the Asurans (which would be an awesome way to link together our two great foes IMO).

Xicer
July 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM
I still stick to my idea about him becoming a ghola. :D

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
I still stick to my idea about him becoming a ghola. :D

I'm still confused by that. Care to fill me in? Is it some random reference that I don't get or just some thing you made up? ;)

Xicer
July 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
lol gholas are these, you could say, reanimated versions of a corpse who usually have some special personality or ability programmed into them. They are from the Dune series of novels by Frank Herbert. Gholas are created by the Bene Tleilax who use them for a variety of things. I'm not very good at explaining things so I'll just link you to something you can probably understand :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghola

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
lol gholas are these, you could say, reanimated versions of a corpse who usually have some special personality or ability programmed into them. They are from the Dune series of novels by Frank Herbert. Gholas are created by the Bene Tleilax who use them for a variety of things. I'm not very good at explaining things so I'll just link you to something you can probably understand :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghola

OOOOOh. I haven't read Dune in forever and I only made it to the sixth book before my brain started to hurt and I had to move on to something less complicated...like theoretical physics! ;)

Wait, wasn' the main guy's (the one who turned into a worm) old teacher/friend/person a ghola? Cause I remember there were several clone thingies of him made so the main character could keep him around.

Again, it's been awhile so I've forgotten...almost everything ;)

Thanks!

Xicer
July 15th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Yea you're thinking of Duncan Idaho, he got turned into a ghola several times. Oh and don't worry, there were only six books in the original series of novels so your good.

I can just imagine Carson as a ghola. :D

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yea you're thinking of Duncan Idaho, he got turned into a ghola several times. Oh and don't worry, there were only six books in the original series of novels so your good.

I can just imagine Carson as a ghola. :D

That's the name! I don't think I got through the whole series though. The last book I read was....book 4. (just checked my little library in my room ;))

I like zombie!Carson better. :P

PG15
July 16th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Prep begins on The Kindred Part 1:

Well, back at it. Today’s prep schedule looked like this:

1400: Concept Meeting for Atl. Ep. #414 “The Kindred Pt. 1”

1530: Art Department Meeting for Atl. Ep. #414 “The Kindred Pt. 1”

1630: Costume Meeting for Atl Ep. #414 “The Kindred Pt. 1”

1715: Props Meeting for Atl. Ep. #414 “The Kindred Pt. 1”

---

...then gave/got notes on The Kindred Pt. 1 (just a few page notes and a suggestion for a Caldwell scene), which took us to lunch.

---

The concept meeting was fabulous - as far as concept meetings go. First A.D. Bill Mizel was at his curmudgeony best, leading us through the narrative masterpiece, occasionally stopping to interject his misgivings about fire gags, background extras, and the confusing misuse of the term “CG wraith” which it turns out does NOT stand for Computer Generated.

The Art Department meeting was rescheduled to tomorrow morning and the Props meeting moved up. As usual, Evil Kenny did the honors promising knives, bantos rods, and plenty of bling.

We took a break so that I could sign off on the new opening credit sequence (everyone else had already given Zoic the thumbs up), and then it was back to the boardroom for the Costume meeting. Val brought in photos of Rachel modeling Teyla’s new off-world outfit. Unfortunately, the lighting downstairs is terrible and made the long coat look like a garish pink and purple crocodile skin. “Geez,”he muttered, “this looks like something David Arquette would wear!” But I’m pleased to say that, by meeting’s end, we’d got it all sorted out.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-16-2007.html

rarocks24
July 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Prep begins on The Kindred Part 1:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-16-2007.html

Does that mean the CG Wraith is the Wraith from Common Ground?

PG15
July 16th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm willing to bet on "Yes".

Not confirmed, of course.

Ruffles
July 17th, 2007, 07:54 AM
:lol: That's why I think he either made the clone after Misbegotten, either by himself or with help from the Asurans (which would be an awesome way to link together our two great foes IMO).

I agree. Personal opinion is the "Carson" we'll see is the clone of our Carson. Michael could have manipulated his DNA or his mind in unknown ways to convince Beckett to help him in his bug-people creation.

Does that mean the CG Wraith is the Wraith from Common Ground?

Now, doesn't that put a different spin on the ep. Wonder where they're going with it.

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 12:26 PM
I agree. Personal opinion is the "Carson" we'll see is the clone of our Carson. Michael could have manipulated his DNA or his mind in unknown ways to convince Beckett to help him in his bug-people creation.

Now, doesn't that put a different spin on the ep. Wonder where they're going with it.

Hmmm....someone had theorized that perhaps when Mikey mentions that he managed to "reverse the process" that he meant he can turn humans into Wraith. Maybe the CG Wraith found Carson or something? *shrug* I dunno how that will fit into the scope of things. Man, the writers just keep surprising us. :)

ITA. Carson's return has something to do with clones.

Xicer
July 17th, 2007, 01:41 PM
So the Wraith from Common Ground is coming back? That's cool, I've always wanted to see him again.

PG15
July 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
I think he'll be back sooner than that. I'm pretty sure he's in "The Seer", as well as the "Be All My Sins Remember'd".

Xicer
July 17th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Ah that's cool. But if he's in that many eps, I'd say he'd have to be given a name. Who wants to start guessing? :P

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Ah that's cool. But if he's in that many eps, I'd say he'd have to be given a name. Who wants to start guessing? :P

PUFF!;)

scifi_lemon
July 18th, 2007, 10:34 AM
PUFF!;)

LOL! How about Tom?

Mitchell82
July 18th, 2007, 02:30 PM
LOL! How about Tom?

:lol: How about Pete?!

Wombatbaby
July 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Harry.:mckay09:

scifi_lemon
July 19th, 2007, 03:04 PM
:lol: How about Pete?!

Harry.:mckay09:

LOL! What about Joe?

PG15
July 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Some floor plans for sets used in "The Kindred Part 1":

The Daedalus (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rp_6K6MkO4I/AAAAAAAAD8k/cxb_cwWhVMk/s1600-h/DSC06992.JPG)

Wraith Lab (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rp_566MkO3I/AAAAAAAAD8c/Pfk0J0_Ktas/s1600-h/DSC06991.JPG)

And a tiny hint for "The Kindred Part 2":

Congratulations to Alan McCullough who handed in his first draft of Kindred II. There won’t be a dry eye in the house when this one airs.

Link (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-19-2007.html)

Sorry Xicer. I'll let ya to the others. ;)

Xicer
July 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM
lol you beat me to it right when I was about to post.

Anyway, I wonder as to what repercussions in an earlier episode he is talking about when he mentioned the Sheppard-Caldwell scene. I wonder if it's an episode we've even seen. And we got to look at the interior of a Wraith lab, looks interesting.

PG15
July 19th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Indeed. It's good to know that they're following up on past stories (which I think will be one in Season 4) instead of just forgetting them out right like in the latter half of Season 3.

But hey, don't dwell on it; you still got the Doppleganger, Quarantine, and Missing threads to update. Get to it! :p

Xicer
July 19th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Well...if you insist.;)

prion
July 19th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Congratulations to Alan McCullough who handed in his first draft of Kindred II. There won’t be a dry eye in the house when this one airs.

Hmm, wonder who dies.....

Xicer
July 19th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Carson (for real this time) maybe? Since we know this is the episode where he comes back.

Wombatbaby
July 19th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Carson (for real this time) maybe? Since we know this is the episode where he comes back.

As long as they don't turn him into a yo-yo.

Mitchell82
July 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
As long as they don't turn him into a yo-yo.

Indeed no yo-yoing characters.

scifi_lemon
July 20th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Indeed no yo-yoing characters.

We don't want Carson to become the Daniel of SGA.

PG15
July 20th, 2007, 04:30 PM
More on part 1:

For instance, today, the line was: “Same as you. Scavenging the ruins of a dead world.” but the actor forgot the line halfway through his delivery, so we gave him another shot. He started: “Same as you. Scavenging…Damn, can I start again?” “Sure,”we said and he took it from the top. “Same as you. Scavenging…” “The ruins - “prompted Sean Cossey our casting director. “The ruins…”he repeated. Beat. “Of a dead world,”Sean filled in the blank. “Scavenging the ruined lost world,”finished the actor. Close enough. “Great,”I said. “Thanks for coming in.”

With the auditions completed, we make our top three choices, then head back to the office where we peruse the taped selections with the other producers and make our final decisions. A call back to Sean books the actors and, provided any unforeseen scheduling conflicts, Kindred I is cast and that part of the pre-production process is complete.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-20-2007.html

Xicer
July 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM
You're lucky I went to Olive Garden for dinner tonight. ;)

and lol at the actor. Poor guy.

pilgrim soul
July 21st, 2007, 06:12 AM
More on part 1:

For instance, today, the line was: “Same as you. Scavenging the ruins of a dead world.” but the actor forgot the line halfway through his delivery, so we gave him another shot. He started: “Same as you. Scavenging…Damn, can I start again?” “Sure,”we said and he took it from the top. “Same as you. Scavenging…” “The ruins - “prompted Sean Cossey our casting director. “The ruins…”he repeated. Beat. “Of a dead world,”Sean filled in the blank. “Scavenging the ruined lost world,”finished the actor. Close enough. “Great,”I said. “Thanks for coming in.”

With the auditions completed, we make our top three choices, then head back to the office where we peruse the taped selections with the other producers and make our final decisions. A call back to Sean books the actors and, provided any unforeseen scheduling conflicts, Kindred I is cast and that part of the pre-production process is complete.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-20-2007.html

The bit about "Scavenging the ruins of a dead world" made me wonder if we were going to see the Travellers in this episode.

Redhooks
July 21st, 2007, 10:34 AM
The bit about "Scavenging the ruins of a dead world" made me wonder if we were going to see the Travellers in this episode.
I thought that as well at first, but unless the filming of the episode starts not next week, but the following week, Larrin won't be in it. Jill Wagner is filming a movie in Oklahoma City until the end of the month. Another member of that race is possible and since they have to cast for it, it obviously will be someone we haven't seen yet. It could also just be some random person/explorer who is doing the same thing as the Travelers but through the stargates.

Xicer
July 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Update on Kindred I+II:D

The afternoon was dedicated to notes (Sci Fi on Kindred I and the writers on Alan’s rewrite of Kindred II)

PG15 writes: “1). How many scenes does a typical episode usually have? 2). That Caldwell-Shep scene; it's in Kindred Part 1, yes?”

Answers: 1) It really depends on the script. 2) Yup.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-21-2007.html

Really excited about the Shep-Caldwell scene. Wonder what it's gonna be about!

PG15
July 21st, 2007, 05:15 PM
And just in case it hasn't been posted, here is the part where Joe was talking about it, from a few days ago:

Also, congratulations to me for finally getting handle on that Caldwell-Sheppard Daedalus scene that will touch on the repercussions from an earlier episode. Now, all I have to do is write it.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-19-2007.html

twinchaosblade
July 21st, 2007, 06:54 PM

Hmm, wonder who dies.....

That also keeps me wondering. But then, JM specifically pointed out that the door would be open for further appearances of Carson in the following season.

Okay, I know it's not impossible to let him come back for an ep or two in the future even if he dies, but I think the whole dying-and-unexpectedly-returning-thing would surely become a bit boring/unimaginative, or not?!

the fifth man
July 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Okay, I know it's not impossible to let him come back for an ep or two in the future even if he dies, but I think the whole dying-and-unexpectedly-returning-thing would surely become a bit boring/unimaginative, or not?!

I think so. IMO, either let him stay dead, or bring him back. Don't play games.

Xicer
July 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Yea, it would just be Daniel all over again.

the fifth man
July 21st, 2007, 07:54 PM
Yea, it would just be Daniel all over again.

Only, that we know of so far, Carson didn't ascend like Daniel did. Daniel at least had a reason for being able to come back.

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2007, 09:58 AM
We don't want Carson to become the Daniel of SGA.

Actually I quite liked those storylines but it wouldn't work with Carson unless they make him ascend.

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
Only, that we know of so far, Carson didn't ascend like Daniel did. Daniel at least had a reason for being able to come back.

Exactly and those were good stories as well. As long as they bring Carson back well they better not kill him again.

Jenner8675309
July 22nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Exactly and those were good stories as well. As long as they bring Carson back well they better not kill him again.

I don't think they will (well I hope not). The door will supposedly be left open for more after these 2 eps. I mean, why bring him back only to kill him again in 2 eps? Seems rather pointless.

But I was one of the optimists who never believed the rumors in the first place and was shocked that it actually happened. I'm not a good judge on what TPTB are planning to do.

Wombatbaby
July 22nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
IMO, either let him stay dead, or bring him back. Don't play games.

Motion seconded!:zelenka25:

scifi_lemon
July 22nd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Actually I quite liked those storylines but it wouldn't work with Carson unless they make him ascend.

I liked the Daniel storylines too. What I meant was that I didn't want them to keep killing him off and bringing him back.

Xicer
July 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like they just started shooting Kindred Part One already. Here are some pics from JM's blog.

Carter (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RqacUIZ52dI/AAAAAAAAEAM/PefGG5SWGoY/s1600-h/DSC07107.JPG)
Carter and Keller (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RqacMYZ52cI/AAAAAAAAEAE/zIKEW69KWRU/s1600-h/DSC07037.JPG)
Ronon (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RqacFIZ52bI/AAAAAAAAD_8/fIaaLftzoPY/s1600-h/DSC07051.JPG)
Ronon, Shep, and Rodney (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rqab8oZ52aI/AAAAAAAAD_0/jODu4kkHTuc/s1600-h/DSC07055.JPG)
More Ronon, Shep, and Rodney (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rqab2YZ52ZI/AAAAAAAAD_s/w3EDdeqU7Gw/s1600-h/DSC07065.JPG)
Ronon again (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RqabvIZ52YI/AAAAAAAAD_k/vuAYEN9gUAM/s1600-h/DSC07080.JPG)
Some more Ronon, Shep, and Rodney plus some more crew (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RqabjIZ52XI/AAAAAAAAD_c/aMIHYecgBCg/s1600-h/DSC07097.JPG)
See Above (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RqabcoZ52WI/AAAAAAAAD_U/UKgYiEg0Yfc/s1600-h/DSC07100.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-24-2007.html

Mitchell82
July 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I liked the Daniel storylines too. What I meant was that I didn't want them to keep killing him off and bringing him back.

Agreed.

Xicer
July 25th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Some more updates on the production:

Paul and Alan are prepping Kindred II while I think about that final open script slot and, of course, research San Diego restaurants. After a day of shooting Kindred I, we’re shooting the final day of Miller’s Crossing, then will be switching back to Kindred I when we return on Monday.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-25-2007.html

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Some more updates on the production:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-25-2007.html

Sweet. Seems things are moving along nicely.

Xicer
July 29th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Another little update:

We have our production meeting for Kindred II and I look forward to the extra special guest who’ll be putting in an appearance (I refer, of course, to our new French Bulldog Lulu who we’ll be picking up Monday night).

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-29-2007.html

Xicer
July 30th, 2007, 04:04 PM
OK some more news:

Pete Woeste is shooting day two of Kindred I down on Stage 6. Scenes up today: team geared for mission, Sheppard’s update, Lorne delivers the news, parlay, and the situation room.

Oh and some pics from the set:

Sheppard (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5mae6m-TI/AAAAAAAAELc/o70P8pBW77U/s1600-h/DSC07556.JPG)
Crew (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5mAO6m-SI/AAAAAAAAELU/gEKJoYxCI48/s1600-h/DSC07520.JPG)
Aww aint they cute? (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5lp-6m-RI/AAAAAAAAELM/KzE_xQFAZJk/s1600-h/DSC07572.JPG)
And again (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5lhO6m-QI/AAAAAAAAELE/IhsJvLXUA2I/s1600-h/DSC07571.JPG)
Guess Who! (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5lEu6m-PI/AAAAAAAAEK8/skdLUlR6QVw/s1600-h/DSC07542.JPG)
Some of the team (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5k9e6m-OI/AAAAAAAAEK0/9EZAxLvrG-I/s1600-h/DSC07545.JPG)
Top view (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5kmu6m-NI/AAAAAAAAEKs/gMyODR2kUD0/s1600-h/DSC07551.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-30-2007.html

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 01:29 PM
Another little update:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-29-2007.html

OK some more news:

Oh and some pics from the set:

Sheppard (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5mae6m-TI/AAAAAAAAELc/o70P8pBW77U/s1600-h/DSC07556.JPG)
Crew (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5mAO6m-SI/AAAAAAAAELU/gEKJoYxCI48/s1600-h/DSC07520.JPG)
Aww aint they cute? (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5lp-6m-RI/AAAAAAAAELM/KzE_xQFAZJk/s1600-h/DSC07572.JPG)
And again (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5lhO6m-QI/AAAAAAAAELE/IhsJvLXUA2I/s1600-h/DSC07571.JPG)
Guess Who! (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5lEu6m-PI/AAAAAAAAEK8/skdLUlR6QVw/s1600-h/DSC07542.JPG)
Some of the team (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5k9e6m-OI/AAAAAAAAEK0/9EZAxLvrG-I/s1600-h/DSC07545.JPG)
Top view (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rq5kmu6m-NI/AAAAAAAAEKs/gMyODR2kUD0/s1600-h/DSC07551.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-30-2007.html

Sweet! Thanks for the updates! Yay for Carson's return! xD

prion
July 31st, 2007, 02:07 PM
wonder what's burning...

DH posted on his twitter
"Shooting fire sequence out in Surrey...hot stuff!"

jenks
July 31st, 2007, 02:40 PM
A man asked if we’d see Ba’al again and if we’d see how his clones were created. Martin deadpanned, “They were cloned,” and turned it over to Robert, who revealed that Ba’al is the villain in Continuum. Martin said in the episode of Atlantis they are filming now (Kindred Part 1) there is an explanation about what happened to the clones. He said he was kidding but it seemed maybe he wasn’t.

Accidental plot give-away perhaps? My money is firmly on clone Beckett...

Alipeeps
July 31st, 2007, 03:19 PM

Where is that bit you quoted taken from please?

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 03:25 PM

I think it's from the SG-1 Comic Con panel, right?

And I think that that might be a clone!Beckett comfirmation! Yayness :D

jenks
July 31st, 2007, 03:44 PM

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=922

:)

Alipeeps
July 31st, 2007, 03:50 PM
I think it's from the SG-1 Comic Con panel, right?

And I think that that might be a clone!Beckett comfirmation! Yayness :D

"When he returns for the two-parter, it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh. Late in season three, we discussed the manner in which the character had been written out and the possible ways in which he could be brought back. I threw out an idea that not only brought Carson back, but answered a very big question I had concerning a late-season arc. In order to lay the groundwork for his possible return, we threaded a subtle hint into one of the late season three episodes."
Source: Joe Mallozzi Interview - SaveCarsonBeckett.com (April 9 entry)

"I don’t want to give too much away but I can say it won’t be an AU version of Carson - or a time-hopping Dr. Beckett either."
Source: Joe Mallozzi Interview - SaveCarsonBeckett.com (April 9 entry)

Hmmmmm... you could be right there.... :)

Xicer
July 31st, 2007, 07:57 PM
More news!

Day 3 of Kindred I took the cast and crew to Green Timbers, a location shoot that necessitated our ordering in.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-31-2007.html

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 09:05 PM
More news!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-31-2007.html

So any Canadians living in the Vancouver area want to tell us where that place is and what it is exactly? From the name I'm gonna guess there's a lot of trees around. :P

PG15
July 31st, 2007, 09:17 PM
I don't actually travel a lot around the Lower Mainland, at least, not to...uh...*shivers* Surrey. Ugh.

Here's it's homepage (http://www.greentimbers.ca/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1).

Wombatbaby
July 31st, 2007, 09:22 PM

:indeed: *does her happy dance*

Xicer
July 31st, 2007, 09:53 PM
I don't actually travel a lot around the Lower Mainland, at least, not to...uh...*shivers* Surrey. Ugh.

Here's it's homepage (http://www.greentimbers.ca/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1).

Oh great, more rocks and trees! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQeW2HN0U0)

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 10:08 PM
Oh great, more rocks and trees! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQeW2HN0U0)

LOL! It'd be great if we went to a real "alien" world once in a while xD

ColonelSmith
August 1st, 2007, 08:21 PM
According to David Hewlett's twitter. They are filming right as I type this post for Kindred. The have been filming all week. Here are the posts for those who dont follow him on twitter.

"wow...are we ever running behind tonight! Kindred is kicking the hell out of us!

39 minutes ago from txt"

"Shooting fire sequence out in Surrey...hot stuff! 01:29 PM July 31, 2007 from txt"

"back in the conference room...but thankfully not for long! 04:45 PM July 30, 2007 from txt"

"Time to face the world...at least it's light out! Kindred Part 1 this week... 05:46 AM July 30, 2007 from web "

I cant wait to see how this two parter turns out.

Mitchell82
August 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM
LOL! It'd be great if we went to a real "alien" world once in a while xD

Yeah but in most scifi Star Trek included most worlds were like that.

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah but in most scifi Star Trek included most worlds were like that.

True. But I'm not saying that I want a "freaky planet of the week" show, it'd just be nice if, maybe, once or twice a season we went to a planet that didn't look like the forest outside Vancouver. Kinda like what SG1 did.

Xicer
August 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Yes, anyplace without rocks and trees. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQeW2HN0U0)

Please forgive me, I couldn't resist...:P

scifi_lemon
August 2nd, 2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, anyplace without rocks and trees. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQeW2HN0U0)

Please forgive me, I couldn't resist...:P

LOL! You just keep bringing that up... ;)

PG15
August 3rd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Xicer seems to be missing today, so I'll do the honors. Joe has posted up some floor plans of rooms used in this episode:

Keller's Lab (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO1bu6m-2I/AAAAAAAAEP0/VObS707Mcxc/s1600-h/DSC07790.JPG)
Carter's Office (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO1SO6m-1I/AAAAAAAAEPs/SSByLV8a9AQ/s1600-h/DSC07791.JPG)
Gear-Up Room (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO08O6m-0I/AAAAAAAAEPk/NPVX1hF7MIE/s1600-h/DSC07792.JPG)
Infirmary outside of Operating Room (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO0y-6m-zI/AAAAAAAAEPc/LlrRso9xeWQ/s1600-h/DSC07793.JPG)

And then there is the cover (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO1ye6m-3I/AAAAAAAAEP8/l6BbN6B1y8o/s1600-h/DSC07789.JPG) of the Art Department package containing these floorplans.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-3-2007.html

Xicer
August 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Meh, I had to go roll about 1000 pennies =\

literally

scifi_lemon
August 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Xicer seems to be missing today, so I'll do the honors. Joe has posted up some floor plans of rooms used in this episode:

Keller's Lab (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO1bu6m-2I/AAAAAAAAEP0/VObS707Mcxc/s1600-h/DSC07790.JPG)
Carter's Office (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO1SO6m-1I/AAAAAAAAEPs/SSByLV8a9AQ/s1600-h/DSC07791.JPG)
Gear-Up Room (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO08O6m-0I/AAAAAAAAEPk/NPVX1hF7MIE/s1600-h/DSC07792.JPG)
Infirmary outside of Operating Room (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO0y-6m-zI/AAAAAAAAEPc/LlrRso9xeWQ/s1600-h/DSC07793.JPG)

And then there is the cover (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrO1ye6m-3I/AAAAAAAAEP8/l6BbN6B1y8o/s1600-h/DSC07789.JPG) of the Art Department package containing these floorplans.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-3-2007.html

Hmm...so we're fighting someone/something and someone ends up getting hurt I guess?

cajuncayenne
August 5th, 2007, 02:52 PM
At comic con someone this was mentioned

Question: It’s great to see you developing Teyla’s mental abilities? Will there be any romance between Teyla and Ronon?

Joe Mallozzi: We will be developing some relationships but we’re not prepared to divulge all that much at this point. (meanwhile, David is making sly faces at Amanda)

Joe Flanigan: No, truthfully, actually that’s where Paul McGillion comes back on to the show.

Does this mean she senses him?

PG15
August 5th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Pretty sure that was a joke.

cajuncayenne
August 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
gotta figure Teyla's involved somewhere. The stuff that Joe M put on his blog shows her on the cover. Maybe the father is revealed (unrelated to Paul beng back?).
Just a thought. :)

PG15
August 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The father is revealed almost right after we find out that Teyla is pregnant, actually.

Alipeeps
August 6th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Whoah. Picture on JM's blog of a design for "Athosian Funeral Pyre Blankets" for this ep!! :S

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

watcher652
August 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Whoah. Picture on JM's blog of a design for "Athosian Funeral Pyre Blankets" for this ep!! :S

Looks like they'll be used in Part 1. I wonder if the Athosians get culled again? Or if it's more personal, given Teyla's pregnancy.

Does someone know what the numbers on the bottom right mean? I can't read the labels to the numbers "58" and "01". I was wondering if the blankets are going to used in scene 58, which means later in the episode.

Maybe the funeral is what they were filming when David twittered "Shooting fire sequence out in Surrey...hot stuff!" 01:29 PM July 31, 2007 from txt

PG15
August 6th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Yep, and it was used when they filmed on location at Surrey's "Green Timbers" park. What's more, David Hewlett has put on his twitter a few days ago that

Shooting fire sequence out in Surrey...hot stuff!

http://twitter.com/dhewlett/statuses/178949112

So I guess we know what the fire was all about. There's gonna be some burnin' in the woods!

EDIT: Oooo...so close. ;)

scifi_lemon
August 6th, 2007, 09:28 PM

This might be a big leap, but I have a feeling that Teyla has a miscarrige or the baby dies. The blanket might be used in it's funeral. *shrug* Just throwing it out there.

Killdeer
August 6th, 2007, 10:29 PM
My first thought was that it's the love interest RL mentioned in her interview. But maybe not.

Cautious Explorer
August 7th, 2007, 03:37 AM
The dimensions of the blanket are full size (length is 6'), so I don't think it's for a baby. I'm guessing the funeral is for an adult.

Alipeeps
August 7th, 2007, 05:54 AM
This might be a big leap, but I have a feeling that Teyla has a miscarrige or the baby dies. The blanket might be used in it's funeral. *shrug* Just throwing it out there.

I think it's too soon for any episode to deal with the ending of Teyla's pregnancy in any way? Logically, the pregnancy arc, however it ends, is not going to end until Rachel's RL pregnancy does... they've been filming Kindred over the past couple of weeks, haven't they?

Ruffles
August 8th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but did we know Weir was going to be in The Kindred? See article (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6973426&postcount=1).

I knew about Adrift, Lifeline, and TMC. I guess this is ep #4.

PG15
August 8th, 2007, 12:55 PM
That's not what that article says; it just says that Torri will guest star in the series come Season 4; it has nothing to do with this specific episode.

Ruffles
August 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
That's not what that article says; it just says that Torri will guest star in the series come Season 4; it has nothing to do with this specific episode.

Yikes! Sorry I misread that. :o

the dancer of spaz
August 8th, 2007, 01:52 PM
If TMC and BAMSR are two-parters, why wouldn't she be in that episode as well? :confused:

vaberella
August 8th, 2007, 02:28 PM
If TMC and BAMSR are two-parters, why wouldn't she be in that episode as well? :confused:

I believe it's a three parter, JM sort of implied that. Maybe Spoils of War isn't counted, but I had counted it as: TMC/BAMSR/SoW (Spoils of War). That's why I came up with the idea that Weir is actually really in flashback mode and not "active" in the episode. If you get my meaning. If she's not in the other two eps of the three-parter, but said to be in TMC---we don't know in what capacity. We just naturally assumed/then speculated that she's an active participant. But it never made sense to me how she was in one and not the others that are accompanying.

PM said in the interview that Gateworld, Weir is basically written out after Lifeline, if that's the case, and taking it a bit literally; plus, let's consider the stress within the interview that PM/JM continually mentioned Weir's actions in Adrift/Lifeline are significant. I think that's the significance of Weir when we look at the beginning of the three-parter and playing a major role in an arc (three-parter). There's your arc, and there's her role in the arc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Teyla plays a role in Kindred, I think it will be minimal. I have to say I was a bit surprised that her face was on the cover. Maybe the guys had her picture on the cover, maybe because she couldn't be there physically or something. :)

scifi_lemon
August 8th, 2007, 02:41 PM
The dimensions of the blanket are full size (length is 6'), so I don't think it's for a baby. I'm guessing the funeral is for an adult.

I think it's too soon for any episode to deal with the ending of Teyla's pregnancy in any way? Logically, the pregnancy arc, however it ends, is not going to end until Rachel's RL pregnancy does... they've been filming Kindred over the past couple of weeks, haven't they?

Ah. Well, that rules that out. I wonder who it is? Hmm...

PG15
August 8th, 2007, 10:16 PM
From a SciFi Wire article:

The details of the episodes are being kept under wraps, but McGillion assured fans that they would be satisfied with his role in the story. "They gave me a really great storyline," he said. "I think the fans will appreciate it. Beckett has a lot to do in the storyline that they've given the character. So I'm really happy with it. I think it's a really great way to bring Beckett back. Without going into any details, because I really can't, he's heavily, heavily based in the episodes. They'll see a lot of Beckett."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=43135

vaberella
August 9th, 2007, 06:23 AM
^^ When he says *bringing Beckett back makes me wonder how temporary he is. This will be interesting. I hope they have a scene where Beckett comments on Rodney taking care of his "wee baby tuttles." :D

PG15
August 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Fresh pictures from JM's blog for "The Kindred Part 1":

Joe Flanigan and director Peter Woeste (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrutTO6m_eI/AAAAAAAAEU0/3xY7ftECa9g/s1600-h/DSC07895.JPG)
Some extras (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rrusru6m_dI/AAAAAAAAEUs/BMxG4mdC3SA/s1600-h/DSC07972.JPG)
Lorne, Teyla, and some guy (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrusDO6m_cI/AAAAAAAAEUk/W97ssK5Gf1o/s1600-h/DSC07989.JPG)
Teyla and that some guy (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RrurB-6m_bI/AAAAAAAAEUc/7GbucrCtw44/s1600-h/DSC07984.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-9-2007.html

Jenner8675309
August 9th, 2007, 11:46 PM
That "some guy" looks familiar...anyone know the actor's name?

vaberella
August 10th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Loving Teyla's gear, leather and mock lace, you can't go wrong there. She's looking fantastic. Knife to the throat always gets a woman what she wants and Teyla likes knifing people.

On a lighter note, JF's arms look amazing. Wow!!! He's been working out more than last seasons, loving the tone and definition. :D

Jenner8675309
August 11th, 2007, 02:56 PM
JM hasn't given us an air order yet for this has he? I wonder HOW long into the back half of S4 we're gonna have to wait to see Beckett back.

Not complaining, just ready already! :)

PG15
August 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Well, the production code for the episodes are 414 and 415, although of course, as Sunday proved, this has almost nothing to do with when it aires.

Jenner8675309
August 11th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah I know, but he has said late S4, so I tend to think after ep 15...but thats just my mind...

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Loving Teyla's gear, leather and mock lace, you can't go wrong there. She's looking fantastic. Knife to the throat always gets a woman what she wants and Teyla likes knifing people.

Yeah she is looking amazing. From what the new trailer shows this will be one hell of a ride.

Pegasus_SGA
August 12th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Yeah she is looking amazing. From what the new trailer shows this will be one hell of a ride.

Couldn't agree more, and it's quite nice seeing Teyla with a bit of a edge again. I've kinda missed her fighting for a cause, and from the looks of this she's going all out. :D

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Couldn't agree more, and it's quite nice seeing Teyla with a bit of a edge again. I've kinda missed her fighting for a cause, and from the looks of this she's going all out. :D

Indeed. Is it time yet?

Pegasus_SGA
August 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Alas no... 47 days to go :(

But on a plus side, that's only;
1114 hours
66841 minutes
4010505 seconds

:D and since we on average spend 8 hours per day asleep, we can knock off another 368 hours which means technically we only have to wait for 746 hours. :P

Or what's even better is that it's only 6 more Friday's :D

You know what? I've given this way too much thought. ;) :P :D hehehe

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Alas no... 47 days to go :(

But on a plus side, that's only;
1114 hours
66841 minutes
4010505 seconds

:D and since we on average spend 8 hours per day asleep, we can knock off another 368 hours which means technically we only have to wait for 746 hours. :P

Or what's even better is that it's only 6 more Friday's :D

You know what? I've given this way too much thought. ;) :P :D hehehe

Nah no such thing as too much thought where Stargate is concerned.

Pegasus_SGA
August 12th, 2007, 02:05 PM
You're so right! What the hell was I thinking? :eek: