PDA

View Full Version : "The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM
You're so right! What the hell was I thinking? :eek:

You must have just lost your mind! Or just consumed by the harsh realities of life.

Jenner8675309
August 12th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Alas no... 47 days to go :(

But on a plus side, that's only;
1114 hours
66841 minutes
4010505 seconds

:D and since we on average spend 8 hours per day asleep, we can knock off another 368 hours which means technically we only have to wait for 746 hours. :P

Or what's even better is that it's only 6 more Friday's :D

You know what? I've given this way too much thought. ;) :P :D hehehe

I was wondering when someone would countdown to the second! :D

prion
August 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM
David Hewlett posted about KINDRED in his latest blog entry

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/140/35/

Showers, Airborne McKay's & Movie Mccoy's

Spent the week with pretty much the entire Atlantis team, who were in every
day setting the scene for the big "Kindred" two-parter. The stunt and FX work
on Friday was impressive and I've got to say there's some great fight stuff
coming up...though not for me surprisingly. The fight choreography that I saw
Jason rehearsing looks great. Seems he'll be going toe to toe with an SG1
classic, and I can't wait to see THAT go down! Heard the pitch for the season
cliff-hanger, which sounds wild! Trust me when I say that it's definitely going to
get people's attention...from the tidbits I've heard anyway! That said Mallozzi
could just be messing with me...he likes to do that.

vaberella
August 12th, 2007, 04:44 PM
David Hewlett posted about KINDRED in his latest blog entry

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/140/35/

Showers, Airborne McKay's & Movie Mccoy's

Spent the week with pretty much the entire Atlantis team, who were in every
day setting the scene for the big "Kindred" two-parter. The stunt and FX work
on Friday was impressive and I've got to say there's some great fight stuff
coming up...though not for me surprisingly. The fight choreography that I saw
Jason rehearsing looks great. Seems he'll be going toe to toe with an SG1
classic, and I can't wait to see THAT go down! Heard the pitch for the season
cliff-hanger, which sounds wild! Trust me when I say that it's definitely going to
get people's attention...from the tidbits I've heard anyway! That said Mallozzi
could just be messing with me...he likes to do that.

For the comment in bold, I have to wonder if it's Teal'c as in a person, or if by SG1 classic, he means an enemy. Anyone heard of any SG1 enemies coming to SGA? Unless DH is speaking about replicators in general. I'm totally lost by that comment.

Jenner8675309
August 12th, 2007, 05:06 PM
I was confused by that. Why would he be fighting Teal'c, unless its just a sparing match????

PG15
August 12th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Sparring match. I think we've already had it confirmed that Ronon will be dueling with Teal'c some time in late Season 4. Hold on, let me go check...

Mitchell82
August 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
For the comment in bold, I have to wonder if it's Teal'c as in a person, or if by SG1 classic, he means an enemy. Anyone heard of any SG1 enemies coming to SGA? Unless DH is speaking about replicators in general. I'm totally lost by that comment.

Me too.:tealcanime49:

Jenner8675309
August 12th, 2007, 06:10 PM
So Teal'c (maybe) and Carson back in The Kindred

Sounds like a showstopper

PG15
August 12th, 2007, 06:11 PM
Ok, not quite confirmed as Teal'c:

After taking time off to do a little fishing, Carl is heavy into Midway. It’ll be great to finally see the big men spar.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-12-2007.html

And Midway is the crossover episode.

EDIT: I think DH was just talking about a fight choreography he saw, not one specifically in "The Kindred".

scifi_lemon
August 13th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Ok, not quite confirmed as Teal'c

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-12-2007.html

And Midway is the crossover episode.

EDIT: I think DH was just talking about a fight choreography he saw, not one specifically in "The Kindred".

I dunno, it sounded like he was talking about a fight in Kindred to me. I don't think he meant the replicators, since they've been around for a while and they're not SG1 type replicators. What could he have meant though? Hmmm....

Killdeer
August 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I dunno, it sounded like he was talking about a fight in Kindred to me. I don't think he meant the replicators, since they've been around for a while and they're not SG1 type replicators. What could he have meant though? Hmmm....

I thought that too at first until I went back and read it, and the way it's written I think it could go either way. I think it makes more sense that the fight they were practicing was for Midway (since that is supposedly the BIG crossover episode), but it could go either way.

prion
August 13th, 2007, 04:51 PM
David Hewlett said on his twitter:

We've got an old friend on set this week! Won't you be Mchappy ;-)

I suspect he's talking about Paul McGillion :)

Jenner8675309
August 13th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Joe just announced on his blog the Kindred pts 1 and 2 will be eps 18 and 19. Here's hoping that means Beckett in S5!!!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

PG15
August 13th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I was hoping this might happen. Sweet!! :D

Jenner8675309
August 13th, 2007, 05:37 PM
I was too :D

YAY!

SGFerrit
August 13th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I was thinking I didn't want Beckeet back if it meant Keller was kicked off, but I think we could have both... Keller is in 8 eps this season, so surely we can fit them BOTH in in s5?

Good news anyway, gets me even more excited by this ep. Have we ever had a 2 part ep RIGHT before a (cliffhangar) finale on Stargate?

Jenner8675309
August 13th, 2007, 05:43 PM
I don't see why not. Rob Cooper said at Comic Con "The problem with doctors is when they get hurt, no one is there to save them" (on what does Stargate have against doctors). So this way, there is a back up :)

I don't believe a two parter has been right before a finale......those set photos are from filming The Kindred as well.

I am loving today :)

scifi_lemon
August 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I don't see why not. Rob Cooper said at Comic Con "The problem with doctors is when they get hurt, no one is there to save them" (on what does Stargate have against doctors). So this way, there is a back up :)

I don't believe a two parter has been right before a finale......those set photos are from filming The Kindred as well.

I think Beckett coming back in S5 depends on how he returns in S4. If it's the original Carson, sure, why not? If it's a Carson clone...things might get a bit more complicated.

SGFerrit
August 13th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Exactly!:D

Jenner8675309
August 14th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Hey guys, just a fun little update! I asked Bam Bam (SGA stunt coordinator) this:

Jenner8675309:
So.......can you disclose whether you have gotten to work with Paul for anything on the Kindred? And how does it feel for him to be back?

2BAM: I just worked with Paulie today actually......he's just fine and it's fantastic having him back of course. We have alot of fun with each other.

A little hint as to what we can look forward to. :)

Xicer
August 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM
From JM's Blog today:

Linzi writes: “I was wondering, is the season finale linked to Kindred I and II in any way?”

Answer: Yep.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-14-2007.html

Buba uognarf
August 15th, 2007, 07:23 AM
From JM's Blog today:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-14-2007.html

So it seems likely that Kindred I & II tie into the stories overall arch.

Also Michael is deffinately appearing in season 4 and thus far none of the episodes really seem like that could fit him in, although admittedly we know next to nothing about some episodes. I think it's very likely he's in Kindred especially after seeing all those Wraith lab set layouts.

prion
August 15th, 2007, 09:41 AM
AUg 15th Twitter, David proclaimed ;)

Terminal city yesterday & today...guns and wraith and spark hits. It's hot...too hot for my leather "stealth" jacket ;-)

So, shoot 'em up at the wraith corral? ;) so now the big questions is, did he shuck the jacket or did the director scream "keep it on!" ;)

Xicer
August 15th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Info:

Watched Kindred II dailies from Terminal City. Dark, dank, disturbing.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-15-2007.html

vaberella
August 15th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm getting the feeling that S4 is going to be a psychological thriller and emotional rollercoaster. It proves to be an exciting season. Dark, dank, and disturbing (Spoils of War with Wraith Queen birthing) is summing up a lot of the eps. "Dark" being the operative word.

scifi_lemon
August 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I'm getting the feeling that S4 is going to be a psychological thriller and emotional rollercoaster. It proves to be an exciting season. Dark, dank, and disturbing (Spoils of War with Wraith Queen birthing) is summing up a lot of the eps. "Dark" being the operative word.

Very well said. ITA. S4 is going to be awesome.

Mitchell82
August 16th, 2007, 10:34 AM

Not in SGA but it has been done in SG-1 several times. Technically the 3 eps at the end of season one could be considered a three part finale. I don't see why both couldn't be there. Mabey Carson isn't CMO but second in command or vica versa. I am glad he will be back and here's hoping he's in season 5.

PG15
August 16th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Joe visted Terminal City today, where they're shooting "The Kindred":

I headed over to Terminal City today to see how the latest episode on deck was coming along. Director Martin Wood, very excited about the past two days’ filming, tried to prepare me for the upcoming sequence. Did I want earplugs? I passed, perhaps a little too quickly. No time for me to reconsider though as Martin yelled “Action!”. The ensuing few seconds went something like this: “Gunfire! Gunfire!” then “Hits!” then “Ronon blasts!” then “Explosion!”. By the time Martin yelled “Cut!” and then “Incroyable!” the set was suffused in a drifting opaque cloud of dust and God-knows-what. I stepped outside to clear my lungs but, by the time I returned, they had already packed up and moved on.

Feeling very much like the soon-to-doomed victim in some industrial horror flick, I crept through the eerie, dimly lit corridors, following the sound of distant clatter and far-off whispers until I finally found Martin and co. running through the next shot with Jason, David, and Paul.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-16-2007.html

Xicer
August 16th, 2007, 05:32 PM
lol this episode sounds like it's gonna be epic.

scifi_lemon
August 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM
lol this episode sounds like it's gonna be epic.

ITA. It sounds awesome. I'm going to try to contain my excitement.

SQUEE!

;)

idlewild202
August 16th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I can not wait for the episode... it sounds like it's going to be awesome.
Honestly, my countdown clock isn't set for the season preimier, it's set for the Kindred. Okay okay... so I'm still looking forward to the rest of the season, but this is the gem I'm waiting for :D

Xicer
August 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
A little clarification on whether or not the episode Joe was talking about yesterday was The Kindred or not:

PG15 writes: “1. In yesterday's blog, you said you watched Adrift's "final mix"; does that mean it's ready to air on TV? 2. The episode being shot today with the explosions and smoke; it's "The Kindred", right? 3. I'd like to clarify a question made by another poster. As both Pegasus Project and Midway are (as you've said) big crossover episodes, which episode do you like better? 4. How well does Joe F play the guitar?”

Answers: 1. Almost. 2. Sounds like it. 3. Midway is just a script while Pegasus Project is a finished episode so that’s an unfair question. 4. If you ask him, he’ll say “not very well”.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-17-2007.html

Xicer
August 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
lol...

Jedi writes: “Will John give his Wraith friend (from Common Ground) a name like he has done with Steve, Bob and Michale?”

Answer: Todd.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-19-2007.html

You can never tell when he's being serious, heh.

s09119
August 19th, 2007, 07:59 PM
lol...

lol true, but I want to see that Wraith get a name regardless :sheppard:

scifi_lemon
August 19th, 2007, 10:41 PM
lol...

LOL. I wonder if we'll actually find out if the Wraith actually have names. It'd be interesting if "Todd" told Shep his real name.

huntress
August 20th, 2007, 01:49 AM
I think they should rename this to "The Rise of the Nintendos" ;). God knows how Jack O'Neill can find those jokes ;)

LMAO!!!! SGA has to fight the Super Mario Brothers and Donky kong who have suddenly come to live. ROARRR!
: keels over with laughter : I still like "Rise of the Librarians" best. Atlantis is invaded by vengeful Librarians who have suddenly come to realize their own power. Anyone who stands in their way to power, will be beaten to death with a copy of the complete and unabridged works of William Shakespeare :)

Mitchell82
August 20th, 2007, 12:24 PM
LMAO!!!! SGA has to fight the Super Mario Brothers and Donky kong who have suddenly come to live. ROARRR!
: keels over with laughter : I still like "Rise of the Librarians" best. Atlantis is invaded by vengeful Librarians who have suddenly come to realize their own power. Anyone who stands in their way to power, will be beaten to death with a copy of the complete and unabridged works of William Shakespeare :)

LMAO Classic! I'd watch that as nothing can be as bad as the Super Mario Brothers movie. Still this ep sounds great and I can't wait.

scifi_lemon
August 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM
LMAO Classic! I'd watch that as nothing can be as bad as the Super Mario Brothers movie. Still this ep sounds great and I can't wait.

A Super Mario Brothers movie? God, what is the world coming to? ;) So glad I missed out on that.

Xicer
August 20th, 2007, 05:50 PM
more lulz:

Lorr54 writes: “Todd works for me for a Wraith name, however, will we learn his real Wraith name in Season 4?”

Answer: Coincidentally, Todd is his Wraith name as well, spelled “Ttod“.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-20-2007.html

OT: Yea that Super Mario Bros. movie was HORRID

Mitchell82
August 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM
more lulz:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-20-2007.html

OT: Yea that Super Mario Bros. movie was HORRID

Interesting and yeah it was pure crap.

Mitchell82
August 21st, 2007, 12:49 PM
A Super Mario Brothers movie? God, what is the world coming to? ;) So glad I missed out on that.

Trust me it's even worse than the Double Dragon and Mortal Combat movies. It's about as exciting as another Barney movie.

Xicer
August 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
From Joe's blog today:

I’ve been busy: working on my producer’s cut of Kindred I, doing a polish on Martin Gero’s already great Harmony script, and dealing with miscellaneous publicity/production issues - but still managed to find time to send off two emails to my Nigerian penpals -

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-22-2007.html

scifi_lemon
August 22nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Trust me it's even worse than the Double Dragon and Mortal Combat movies. It's about as exciting as another Barney movie.

I thought the first Mortal Combat movie was meh but the others sucked. *shudder*

prion
August 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
from the 8/23 entry of JM's blog

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-23-2007.html

On the work front: shooting continues on the big team-up eppy, finished the polish on Harmony, almost finished my producer's cut of Kindred I as I await the completion of the Previously On sequence, an exhausted Martin completed his latest (and last) rewrite of Trio, read the first draft of Outcast, and watched the episode with the engagement scene (I have a feeling the fans will love it).

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 10:42 AM
from the 8/23 entry of JM's blog

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-23-2007.html

On the work front: shooting continues on the big team-up eppy, finished the polish on Harmony, almost finished my producer's cut of Kindred I as I await the completion of the Previously On sequence, an exhausted Martin completed his latest (and last) rewrite of Trio, read the first draft of Outcast, and watched the episode with the engagement scene (I have a feeling the fans will love it).

I'm out of the loop here. What engagement scene? Who is getting engaged?

the dancer of spaz
August 24th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I'm out of the loop here. What engagement scene? Who is getting engaged?

I'm putting money on Rodney and Kate. :)

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I'm putting money on Rodney and Kate. :)

That'd be interesting. However imagine the uproar if it was Mckay and Carter!;)

the dancer of spaz
August 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
That'd be interesting. However imagine the uproar if it was Mckay and Carter!;)

Yikes! Luckily, I don't think that's an option. :) I'm perfectly content with them being buddies.

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Yikes! Luckily, I don't think that's an option. :) I'm perfectly content with them being buddies.

Thank (insert deity here) eh? *To TPTB leave them platonic!) Only Sam ship I want is Sam/Jack.:love:

griffindorgirl
August 26th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Can't wait to see Kindred Parts 1 & 2. I am looking forward to seeing how they bring Carson back. I am hopeful from what I have read in spoilers that it's going to be a great season. I have already started to watch season 1 & 2 to prepare for the new season. I am picking up season 3 on September 18. That way I'll be up to date by the time that the new season starts. :beckett:

SGFerrit
August 26th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm thinking that the Carson who died in Sunday wasn't OUR Carson, but a replacement/clone that was planted by Michael so the kidnapping of REAL Carson wouldn't arouse suspicion. However... Why would Michael need to steal our Carson if he could make one himself...?

IT IS SO COMPLICATED! I need to know NOW!!! :)

Pegasus_SGA
August 27th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I'm thinking that the Carson who died in Sunday wasn't OUR Carson, but a replacement/clone that was planted by Michael so the kidnapping of REAL Carson wouldn't arouse suspicion. However... Why would Michael need to steal our Carson if he could make one himself...?

IT IS SO COMPLICATED! I need to know NOW!!! :)

:lol: I thought the same thing. Especially if there was a Carson clone on the base, he had the same thoughts, feelings and skills that the original Carson would have, so I have not clue either. Unless it was programmed to gather intel or something for Michael, and it was part of a deep dub routine or something... okay i'm talking crap now. :lol:

Ltcolshepjumper
August 27th, 2007, 04:56 PM
It's probably the other way around. There's no way Michael could have created a clone and swapped him for the real Beckett all in Misbegotten.

SGFerrit
August 27th, 2007, 05:38 PM
It's probably the other way around. There's no way Michael could have created a clone and swapped him for the real Beckett all in Misbegotten.

It's possible that he didn't do it all in Misbegotten. He could of already had the clone created, and waited for an oppertunity to make the switch. But still, that doesn't answer the 'why would he need Carson if he had a clone' question...

Still, that is the only explanation I can think of that gives us the original Carson back. Keep in mind, there are spoilers regarding a Wraith lab in this episode.

PG15
August 27th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Here's a message from Paul posted today on Joe's blog: Link (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=M2U00007.flv).

Short and sweet. :D

scifi_lemon
August 27th, 2007, 10:01 PM
It's possible that he didn't do it all in Misbegotten. He could of already had the clone created, and waited for an oppertunity to make the switch. But still, that doesn't answer the 'why would he need Carson if he had a clone' question...

Still, that is the only explanation I can think of that gives us the original Carson back. Keep in mind, there are spoilers regarding a Wraith lab in this episode.

There's a theory out there that Michael and the Asurans worked together to create a Carson clone using both nanite and organic Wraith technology. The Asurans get a spy in Atlantis and Michael gets the real Carson, who we all know he hates. It would explain how he learned about the retrovirus so quickly. The swap was made when the Asurans had control of Atlantis. Carson was alone in the chair room with them. The clone was the one who woke up in the cell with the team.

SGFerrit
August 28th, 2007, 04:26 AM
There's a theory out there that Michael and the Asurans worked together to create a Carson clone using both nanite and organic Wraith technology. The Asurans get a spy in Atlantis and Michael gets the real Carson, who we all know he hates. It would explain how he learned about the retrovirus so quickly. The swap was made when the Asurans had control of Atlantis. Carson was alone in the chair room with them. The clone was the one who woke up in the cell with the team.

Ooh yes, that could work. I guess the Asurans are the only people who aren't out to get Michael lol!

I don't think our Carson was the one that died in Sunday, but I think that because 'he' sacrificed himself when 'he' didn't have to, 'he' actually was made to believe he was the real Carson, in order to not arouse suspicion. Possibly.

Jenner8675309
August 28th, 2007, 09:41 AM
The ABC-TV Philly affiliate has a theory....

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?id...port=nba&ft=ss

excerpt:

"Stargate Atlantis" took this to an absurd extreme a few months ago when producers inexplicably killed off the show's only appealing character, the Scottish doctor, then after fan protests announced the character would return next season. But wait -- we saw him consumed by a huge explosion, then saw mourners at his casket! Next season he'll be back, with some preposterous explanation: "The figure you saw killed was actually a cyborg pretending to be the doctor, who had been hurled into an alternate universe by a beam of …"

Somehow I don't think they read Joe's blog and are up to date on all the spoilers, LOL

scifi_lemon
August 28th, 2007, 10:17 AM

excerpt:

"Stargate Atlantis" took this to an absurd extreme a few months ago when producers inexplicably killed off the show's only appealing character, the Scottish doctor, then after fan protests announced the character would return next season. But wait -- we saw him consumed by a huge explosion, then saw mourners at his casket! Next season he'll be back, with some preposterous explanation: "The figure you saw killed was actually a cyborg pretending to be the doctor, who had been hurled into an alternate universe by a beam of …"

Somehow I don't think they read Joe's blog and are up to date on all the spoilers, LOL

I guess those people aren't fans, eh? :D

scifi_lemon
August 28th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Ooh yes, that could work. I guess the Asurans are the only people who aren't out to get Michael lol!

I don't think our Carson was the one that died in Sunday, but I think that because 'he' sacrificed himself when 'he' didn't have to, 'he' actually was made to believe he was the real Carson, in order to not arouse suspicion. Possibly.

I was thinking that the Asurans copied Carson's memories and personality into the "clone". That way no one, not even the copy, would suspect that he wasn't the real Carson.

erb
August 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM

excerpt:

Hee...gotta love the sarcasm even if I am more willing to believe Joe can come up with a scenario for Carson's return which will be a little less convoluted.

The best part of this excerpt is calling Carson the "show's only appealing character." Even though I don't think he's the only one, he is the most.

Definitely going to add that quote to my letters to tptb.

If we had to accept Carson's death by "exploding tumor", I figure his resurrection should be easy to swallow in comparison.

Mitchell82
August 28th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Actually that is something the real Carson would do but I agree with the rest.

EdenSG
August 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM

This is similar to a theory I had.

A couple of resaons why he may have wanted the real Carson was simply a matter of revenge, to have the real Carson that experimented on him, or even if he could give a clone Carson's memories, maybe he could not give him all his intuitiveness or ability to reason or think out of the box when it came to the experiments was working - so for that he would need the real Carson.

But I also agree that it could not have all been done in "Misbegotten" - unless.... How long were they on that planet? Maybe Michael had his own little lab somewhere doing experiments - okay, even I think this sounds a bit far fetched.

Mitchell82
August 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM

A couple of resaons why he may have wanted the real Carson was simply a matter of revenge, to have the real Carson that experimented on him, or even if he could give a clone Carson's memories, maybe he could not give him all his intuitiveness or ability to reason or think out of the box when it came to the experiments was working - so for that he would need the real Carson.

But I also agree that it could not have all been done in "Misbegotten" - unless.... How long were they on that planet? Maybe Michael had his own little lab somewhere doing experiments - okay, even I think this sounds a bit far fetched.
No it couldn't have been done in that one ep most likely it happend off screen.

scifi_lemon
August 30th, 2007, 06:07 PM

That's why i think the asurans have something to do with it.

Mitchell82
August 30th, 2007, 06:10 PM
That's why i think the asurans have something to do with it.

Hmm mabey.

Jenner8675309
September 6th, 2007, 09:20 AM
JM said this about the relationship between The Kindred and Last Man Standing:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-5-2007.html

Q: Would you call the 3 episodes of “The Kindred” and “The Last Man” a 3-parter? If so, would it be connected as a mid-season 3-parter?

A: I wouldn’t call it a 3-parter, However, they are definitely connected.

So maybe if we are lucky LMS is that open door for Carson's return full time in S5 :)

Platschu
September 6th, 2007, 01:05 PM
I like two and three parters, because maybe they will have better and bigger storylines. :D

Mitchell82
September 7th, 2007, 10:28 AM
JM said this about the relationship between The Kindred and Last Man Standing:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-5-2007.html

So maybe if we are lucky LMS is that open door for Carson's return full time in S5 :)

Here's hoping!

Xicer
September 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Hmmm

Anonymous #2 writes: “If you could describe "The Kindred" parts 1 + 2 in one word, how would you describe the episodes?”

Answer: Dovetail.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-8-2007.html

scifi_lemon
September 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Hmmm

"Dovetail". Interesting choice. It seems like Carson's return will play a significant (I don't mean quantity wise, but with importance) role.

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Hmmm

Huh?

Xicer
September 8th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Basically combining/interlocking to become uniform, as one.

Mitchell82
September 8th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Basically combining/interlocking to become uniform, as one.

Ah.*grumbles to self, should have paid more attention in school*;)

PG15
September 10th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Stuff from a recent interview:

David Hewlett, last year the unexpected demise of Dr. Carson Beckett [Paul McGillion] left a gap in Atlantis' core ensemble. How did you feel about that?

Hewlett: For me, there was a big hole there, because Paul, my friend, was no longer on set with me all the time. As it turns out, in sci-fi nobody dies—we've actually had him on set again recently, which was kind of fun. And I hope that we'll be seeing more of him. Well, that's just my hope. I wouldn't be surprised.

What can you tell me about Beckett's return?

Hewlett: Well, it's certainly unexpected. Not unexpected, perhaps, from the fan standpoint, but it's complicated [laughs]. Let's just say that Beckett becomes a product of his own genius, to some extent. And we see not only old friends but old enemies. It's a pretty neat two-parter, and it's going to be pretty intense. The ending of the two-parter is wonderful, too. I think the fans are going to love where it goes, shall I say. We had a lot of fun shooting it. He was back in fine form. And McGillion is a real gentleman—or, as I would say, a suck-up. He bought pizza for the crew. And it was just really, really fun to have him back; everyone really enjoyed having him around. It's like life, except they get to come back. He's one of those actors who's always going to land on his feet, but I'm hoping that those feet then take him back to our little galaxy, too.

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw16933.html

Platschu
September 10th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks. ;) 2008 March... It is so far away! :(

Xicer
September 10th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Product of his own genius, eh? Very interesting...

wise one
September 11th, 2007, 12:23 PM
a product of his own genius...

i think its got something to do with his wraith serum...or his turtles!

Mitchell82
September 11th, 2007, 05:24 PM
a product of his own genius...

i think its got something to do with his wraith serum...or his turtles!

So thats it! Carson returns as a turtle! "Introducing Paul Mcgillon as Carson Ninja Turtle Beckett!

Xicer
September 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
I know Michael like to turn people into bugs, but turtles? Oh the humanity!

Thanks a lot Mitchell, I now have the TMNT theme from the 90s stuck in my head. :P

Mitchell82
September 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I know Michael like to turn people into bugs, but turtles? Oh the humanity!

Thanks a lot Mitchell, I now have the TMNT theme from the 90s stuck in my head. :P

Sorry. Damn Now I do too! Still can you imagine a scottish talking Leonardo?

Naonak
September 16th, 2007, 09:57 AM
"A product of his own genius"? Huh?

Now I'm even more intrigued/confused... :rolleyes:

metabog
September 17th, 2007, 11:44 AM
So JM said there was a clue about how he will return in late Season 3... what was it?

I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with wraith serum. It's really weird cause he's already been buried and everything, I can't wait to see McKay's face lol.

scififreak23
September 17th, 2007, 12:39 PM
So JM said there was a clue about how he will return in late Season 3... what was it?

I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with wraith serum. It's really weird cause he's already been buried and everything, I can't wait to see McKay's face lol.

Clue in season three?Guess i'll have to watch those episodes again.But, yea the best bet would be the wraith serum.

Mitchell82
September 17th, 2007, 01:40 PM

That has been driving us nuts for quite a while. THe consenseus seems to be Vengence.

SETI_fan
September 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM
The best I've figured out for the clues in season 3 are a couple lines from "Vengeance" where both Sheppard and McKay comment that Michael integrated Earth tech and research into his own incredibly quickly. That suggests to me that perhaps he's had some help...

My guess then is that maybe Michael "downloaded" Beckett's memories during "Misbegotten", took a blood sample or something, and made himself a Beckett clone to help with his research. There were some complicated genetic manipulations involved in making his SuperWraiths, and I'd be kind of surprised if he could do it on his own (not having been a scientist as a Wraith, as far as I know).

I can't wait to see these episodes! *sigh* New Atlantis next week. I can wait.

Seti

ETA: lol After typing this, I couldn't help but laugh reading the banner for season 3 on DVD with Michael's quote "A perfect animal to do my bidding." What if he wasn't describing the SuperWraith... :D *shutting up now*

Wombatbaby
September 17th, 2007, 04:45 PM
ETA: lol After typing this, I couldn't help but laugh reading the banner for season 3 on DVD with Michael's quote "A perfect animal to do my bidding." What if he wasn't describing the SuperWraith... :D *shutting up now*

Hehe *raises hand* ditto. :sheppardanime23:

Mitchell82
September 17th, 2007, 05:28 PM
The best I've figured out for the clues in season 3 are a couple lines from "Vengeance" where both Sheppard and McKay comment that Michael integrated Earth tech and research into his own incredibly quickly. That suggests to me that perhaps he's had some help...

My guess then is that maybe Michael "downloaded" Beckett's memories during "Misbegotten", took a blood sample or something, and made himself a Beckett clone to help with his research. There were some complicated genetic manipulations involved in making his SuperWraiths, and I'd be kind of surprised if he could do it on his own (not having been a scientist as a Wraith, as far as I know).

I can't wait to see these episodes! *sigh* New Atlantis next week. I can wait.

Seti

*Raises Hand too*

PG15
September 17th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Not much of an update, but hey, it's a mention:

And for all those interested, Harmony is coming along nicely. With it, Midway, Kindred I and II, and Last Man closing out the season, there’s no doubt that we’ll certainly be finishing VERY strong.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-17-2007.html

Nitegate
September 17th, 2007, 10:18 PM

i've been using gateworld for a couple years or so, but just as an observer, so this is my first post since i signed up.

they already said that Becketts return will not be a clone.

Jersey13
September 18th, 2007, 06:56 AM
i've been using gateworld for a couple years or so, but just as an observer, so this is my first post since i signed up.

they already said that Becketts return will not be a clone.

Actually, no, JM didn't explicitly say he would not be a clone. He said Beckett would return in-the-flesh and corporeal, as in not a ghost, not a dream, not something that isn't human, and that he would live beyond the episode so that the door is open for him to return again. That's not saying anything about clones, really.

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Actually, no, JM didn't explicitly say he would not be a clone. He said Beckett would return in-the-flesh and corporeal, as in not a ghost, not a dream, not something that isn't human, and that he would live beyond the episode so that the door is open for him to return again. That's not saying anything about clones, really.

Actually he did. He said the Beckett that returns is "our" Beckett.

Jersey13
September 19th, 2007, 01:57 PM
I only meant that I think there's room for interpretation there. What if more than one Beckett returns? It doesn't mean that clones might not still somehow be involved, is what I'm trying to say. I do recall JM saying that we would be getting "our" Beckett back, but how exactly that happens is obviously still a mystery until Kindred airs. I don't think I can wait that long... I need to find someone to freeze me until March!

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 05:19 PM
I only meant that I think there's room for interpretation there. What if more than one Beckett returns? It doesn't mean that clones might not still somehow be involved, is what I'm trying to say. I do recall JM saying that we would be getting "our" Beckett back, but how exactly that happens is obviously still a mystery until Kindred airs. I don't think I can wait that long... I need to find someone to freeze me until March!

Good point. I mistook what you menat. It is really going to be quite interesting finding out just how this plays out.

Nitegate
September 20th, 2007, 04:01 AM
instead of "attack of the Baals" like on SG-1, it's gonna be "attack of the carsons" on atlantis

:beckett: :beckettanime09: :beckettanime14: :beckettanime04: :beckettanime12: :beckettanime14: :beckett03:

cause this is what michael is doing to becket haha :psycho:

Mitchell82
September 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM
instead of "attack of the Baals" like on SG-1, it's gonna be "attack of the carsons" on atlantis

:beckett: :beckettanime09: :beckettanime14: :beckettanime04: :beckettanime12: :beckettanime14: :beckett03:

cause this is what michael is doing to becket haha :psycho:

That would be exciting!

SETI_fan
September 21st, 2007, 06:37 AM
Actually he did. He said the Beckett that returns is "our" Beckett.

I'd have no complaints about that! :) If the writers found a workable way to bring "our" Beckett back from the dead, I'd be thrilled! Short of that, cloning was the only way I could figure out that met the various hints they've dropped.

Ooh, dozens of Carson clones running around Atlantis...

I really can't wait to see how the writers work this out. I'd love to be surprised with a way to bring him back that I haven't remotely seen coming. Heck, whatever they do, as long as it brings him back, I'm a happy girl.

Seti

Mitchell82
September 21st, 2007, 03:15 PM
I'd have no complaints about that! :) If the writers found a workable way to bring "our" Beckett back from the dead, I'd be thrilled! Short of that, cloning was the only way I could figure out that met the various hints they've dropped.

Ooh, dozens of Carson clones running around Atlantis...

I really can't wait to see how the writers work this out. I'd love to be surprised with a way to bring him back that I haven't remotely seen coming. Heck, whatever they do, as long as it brings him back, I'm a happy girl.

Seti

Same here except for the happy girl part.;)

Wombatbaby
September 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM
Good point. I mistook what you menat. It is really going to be quite interesting finding out just how this plays out.

I'm still standing firm in my belief that a clone was killed and Carson is currently being held by Michael*coughasaloveslavecough*.:valaanime03: :beckettanime14:

Don't hit!
:tomato:
*Dodges the blunt objects thrown*

Ltcolshepjumper
September 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
I'm still standing firm in my belief that a clone was killed and Carson is currently being held by Michael*coughasaloveslavecough*.:valaanime03: :beckettanime14:

Don't hit!

That would be disgusting. Beckett and a Wraith.
I'm holding firm that Michael has the clone and the real beckett died (hence PM not returning full time).
That or he becomes Doctor Who

Mitchell82
September 21st, 2007, 09:44 PM

Don't hit!

Actually that is what I have thought from the gettgo. I actualy like the idea.

Mitchell82
September 21st, 2007, 09:46 PM
I'm holding firm that Michael has the clone and the real beckett died (hence PM not returning full time).
That or he becomes Doctor Who

Not really. Think about it. Michael plans to get his revenge on Carson and it likely wasn't his plan to have the clone die but either way assures that we wouldn't be looking for Carson.

Wombatbaby
September 22nd, 2007, 11:38 AM

*cowers* I know, I know. I'm perverted, but I've made peace with that.:docianime15:

Mitchell82
September 22nd, 2007, 07:21 PM
*cowers* I know, I know. I'm perverted, but I've made peace with that.:docianime15:

Nothing wrong with that. All of us have some perversion.;)

PG15
October 12th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Baby baby...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rw_0RJ4mUJI/AAAAAAAAFLc/ybwxecryw6U/s1600-h/DSC06997.JPG

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-12-2007.html

Vala_M
October 13th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Baby baby...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rw_0RJ4mUJI/AAAAAAAAFLc/ybwxecryw6U/s1600-h/DSC06997.JPG

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-12-2007.html

I saw that as well, does that mean that Teyla is having a Wraith baby?

Vala,

Ltcolshepjumper
October 13th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Maybe her baby is normal but Michael wants to take it for himself. And change it.

Killdeer
October 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe her baby is normal but Michael wants to take it for himself. And change it.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking this is a normal pregnancy, but that Michael does something to Teyla in this episode. Maybe he does take the baby. They had to get rid of the baby somehow if Teyla sticks around - there's no way that they would have a baby on Atlantis.

SETI_fan
October 15th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I keep getting images of Beckett (or clone-Beckett) having a very cute scene showing Teyla her baby amidst all the other chaos going on throughout the episode. I really hope it's him and not Michael using that thing. It'll be either a very sweet scene or a very disturbing scene, depending.

Seti

Mitchell82
October 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking this is a normal pregnancy, but that Michael does something to Teyla in this episode. Maybe he does take the baby. They had to get rid of the baby somehow if Teyla sticks around - there's no way that they would have a baby on Atlantis.

Agreed an can you imagine a baby in Atlantis?! And I thought childproofing a normal home would be tough geesh!;)

Tippy
October 17th, 2007, 10:39 AM
im not sure if this possiblilities been discussed yet, but my friend and i have an idea!

She thought carson Ascended and I thought michael has him

wellll... what if! Carson ascended, then descended, Michael found him, used the previous knowledge taken from Carson to give him back his memory... so its the real carson with a limited memory ^___^

*flail!*

Nitegate
October 17th, 2007, 07:06 PM
im not sure if this possiblilities been discussed yet, but my friend and i have an idea!

She thought carson Ascended and I thought michael has him

wellll... what if! Carson ascended, then descended, Michael found him, used the previous knowledge taken from Carson to give him back his memory... so its the real carson with a limited memory ^___^

*flail!*

it's been discussed a zillion times. he did NOT ascend, the producers and writers said that a hundred times. there was no indication that he did ascend cause they had his burned body in the coffin, they even said in Sunday that they shipped the body. with ascension there would be no body. he burned up, they showed no glowing light, but fire. :jack_new_anime25:

Ltcolshepjumper
October 18th, 2007, 03:09 PM
It is impossible for Beckett to have ascended. Just think. Daniel, who has ascended more than once, was not even capable. It was only because Oma ascended him herself. they are not going down that route.

Mitchell82
October 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM
It is impossible for Beckett to have ascended. Just think. Daniel, who has ascended more than once, was not even capable. It was only because Oma ascended him herself. they are not going down that route.

Yup not a possiblity. The only option is that either the Carson that was killed was a clone or the one returning is a clone.

Nitegate
October 19th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Yup not a possiblity. The only option is that either the Carson that was killed was a clone or the one returning is a clone.

the writers already said that the carson that comes back is NOT a clone

Mitchell82
October 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM

I know. Which means there really only is one posibility.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 19th, 2007, 08:27 PM

no they didn't. They said it wasn't an AU or Ascended Beckett. There's a big difference. All they said was that it is Carson in the flesh.

Rusty0918
October 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Well, for one I'm not totally fond of this "reset button." I do agree that the clone explanation is the most logical one.

I also wonder what will become of Dr. Keller once Carson returns. Are they going to off her or are they going to keep her on board? Or will she pretty much quit?

Leliana McKay
October 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM
no they didn't. They said it wasn't an AU or Ascended Beckett. There's a big difference. All they said was that it is Carson in the flesh.

They said that? I'm a bit confused about what was actually said. Can someone throw a link for the actual words?? (Sorry if I missed it somehow)

I was heading toward the AU possibility myself because the clone theory would be a bit weird to explain. I guess everything is possible in scifi!!
Has anyone thought about time travel?? A Carson from the past ... yeah I know this one is twisted too!! lol

Well, let's wait and see what spoilers they throw at us next ;)

PG15
October 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well, for one I'm not totally fond of this "reset button." I do agree that the clone explanation is the most logical one.

I also wonder what will become of Dr. Keller once Carson returns. Are they going to off her or are they going to keep her on board? Or will she pretty much quit?

Carson's not coming *back* per se; he's only guest starring in 2 episodes this year, and then he'll be gone again, to who knows where.

Arica12
October 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Carson's not coming *back* per se; he's only guest starring in 2 episodes this year, and then he'll be gone again, to who knows where.

Season 5 regular with a bit of luck

Mitchell82
October 21st, 2007, 09:00 PM
They said that? I'm a bit confused about what was actually said. Can someone throw a link for the actual words?? (Sorry if I missed it somehow)

I was heading toward the AU possibility myself because the clone theory would be a bit weird to explain. I guess everything is possible in scifi!!
Has anyone thought about time travel?? A Carson from the past ... yeah I know this one is twisted too!! lol

JM said it on his blog ages ago. It'd take awhile to find the exact words and to LtColjumper yes he said not a clone too. He said it was our beckett and that the clue was in one of the last three eps of season 3 and the consensus(or speculation) has been from fans that it's Vengence, and that it has to do with Michael.

Ltcolshepjumper
October 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM
It can't be the actual Beckett unless the real one disappeared in Phantoms. Unfortunately, I think TPTB's "hint" is only that Michael is involved. Also, I tried looking for JM's quote on the blog and I could not find it ANYWHERE. Was it last year? Because it had to be after the SCB Campaign thing, and that was at the beginning of this year. I'll look again sometime but I definitely did not see anything.

Nitegate
October 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
they'll probably write it that he got abducted imbetween of an episode, who says it had to be during an episode

Mitchell82
October 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM
they'll probably write it that he got abducted imbetween of an episode, who says it had to be during an episode

Most likely.

Wombatbaby
October 23rd, 2007, 04:39 PM

Dead clone for the win!:teyla25:

mizzoueng
October 23rd, 2007, 05:04 PM
So we're speculating as to how Carson returns? From what I've gathered:

- He didn't asscend and decend
- He's not a clone
- He's "in the flesh"
- He's not an AU Carson
- Appears that a time traveling Carson is probably out too

That only leaves me with one conclusion, if Michael is involved, perhaps Michael got his hands on a replicator and was able to make a Repli-Carson based on a previous genetic scan he made and a copy of his combined works and personal journals.

If he combined all this together, he could bring back "Carson" to help him perfect his retro-virus. Being a replicator he would be immune to the virus and could also be a very good body guard for Michael. The SGA team would have a hard time firing an ARG at him.

Jenner8675309
October 25th, 2007, 07:55 AM

JM said it in an exclusive interview with the SCB Campaign, they broke the news of his return first.

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/2007/04/09/exclusive-carson-to-resurface-on-atlantis/

Anubis91
October 28th, 2007, 05:25 AM
for my part, I think it will be connected to Michael, and it will be a Carson's clone
- first, on JM's blog, there was a production art of a wraith lab that appeared in the Kindred
- the producers said that the return of Carson is related to something that happened in season 3
- a recent news says that Connor Trinner will be back for more than one episode
- and finally, the word "kindred" means that it will be related to the family or something like that (I'm french so I didn't know this word but I took a look in my wordbook)

so I thought that Michael could have done something to Carson in Misbegotten and since we know Michael is doing some research (he created the super wraith-bug), he could have done a clone of Carson

what do you think ? (I hope I'm clear in what I'm saying 'cause I have still some troubles to make beautiful sentences in english !)

erb
October 28th, 2007, 07:01 AM
for my part, I think it will be connected to Michael, and it will be a Carson's clone

I also think Michael is involved. Michael should be involved in the Carson storyline as Carson is irrevocably linked to Michael.

How literally should we take Joe M.? "Our" Carson indicates the original to me.

Now in both Star Trek TNG and the movie, The Prestige

You had two cases where there were either two (transporter malfunction)or more (a device which created two of a person) of a person, yet they were both and all the same person at the time of the split.

As for kindred, I have also seen that word used in association with vampires. Maybe life-sucking alien vampires?

Leliana McKay
October 28th, 2007, 08:19 AM
JM said it in an exclusive interview with the SCB Campaign, they broke the news of his return first.

http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/2007/04/09/exclusive-carson-to-resurface-on-atlantis/

Thanks a lot Jenner!!!
Indeed that's very helpful. So, no's for many hypothesis.

I guess the clone or geneticly modified Beckett is the most likely solution.

- first, on JM's blog, there was a production art of a wraith lab that appeared in the Kindred
- the producers said that the return of Carson is related to something that happened in season 3
- a recent news says that Connor Trinner will be back for more than one episode
- and finally, the word "kindred" means that it will be related to the family or something like that (I'm french so I didn't know this word but I took a look in my wordbook)

so I thought that Michael could have done something to Carson in Misbegotten and since we know Michael is doing some research (he created the super wraith-bug), he could have done a clone of Carson

what do you think ? (I hope I'm clear in what I'm saying 'cause I have still some troubles to make beautiful sentences in english !)

I agree.Since the Wraith are involved in the episode, maybe Michael and his bug army will attack Atlantis. Carson's clone or whatever he is, might be a result from the experiment started in Vengeance and the "data" Michael stole from Atlantis..

Kinda creepy thought.

Wombatbaby
November 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Mostly Speculation but none the less... !Okay, I'm just going on a limb here, but I was looking for all the info I could find about Kindred, cause I love spoilers and I found this on The Stargate Atlantis Spoiler Community.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/The%20Kindred%20Pt%20I/KindredInfirmary1.jpg

That is Keller beside someone in what looks like the infirmary. I know all we see of that person is just a hand, but (and call me crazy) I think that's Beckett in a bed in Atlantis.
Not to mention we see him here on the set in (what looks like) medical scrubs.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/The%20Kindred%20Pt%20I/KindredPaulonSet.jpg!

Thoughts? Comments? If someone else brought this up, I'm sorry I'm slow on the uptake. :D

Ltcolshepjumper
November 9th, 2007, 02:08 PM
I also think Michael is involved. Michael should be involved in the Carson storyline as Carson is irrevocably linked to Michael.

You had two cases where there were either two (transporter malfunction)or more (a device which created two of a person) of a person, yet they were both and all the same person at the time of the split.

As for kindred, I have also seen that word used in association with vampires. Maybe life-sucking alien vampires?

Watch, when he comes back (or when the clone comes, which ever one, he'll be part Wraith)

erb
November 9th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Mostly Speculation but none the less... !Okay, I'm just going on a limb here, but I was looking for all the info I could find about Kindred, cause I love spoilers and I found this on The Stargate Atlantis Spoiler Community.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/The%20Kindred%20Pt%20I/KindredInfirmary1.jpg

That is Keller beside someone in what looks like the infirmary. I know all we see of that person is just a hand, but (and call me crazy) I think that's Beckett in a bed in Atlantis.
Not to mention we see him here on the set in (what looks like) medical scrubs.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f260/Alipeeps/SGA/SGA_Spoilers/The%20Kindred%20Pt%20I/KindredPaulonSet.jpg!

Thoughts? Comments? If someone else brought this up, I'm sorry I'm slow on the uptake. :D

There has been speculation along the lines of what you are thinking. That Carson is the patient in the bed in the first picture.

Paul looks so pale in the second picture. And his eyes seem to be a bit sad.:(

PG15
November 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Fresh news from Joe's Blog:

Another quiet day at the office marked by plenty o’ phone calls (finally got in touch with Mr. Shanks), budget talk, and a Day One Mix of Kindred II. I have to say that with Kindred I, Kindred II, and The Last Man, Atlantis’s fourth season closes out very, VERY strong, offering up a touching and bittersweet mix of character moments that I know fans are going to love. The ending of Kindred II in particular is incredibly moving (Carl was in tears. I was, of course, touched, but not overly emotional although the eye infection I’ve been battling may have made it seem like I was crying. Marty G., meanwhile, was not present as he is in Vegas - uh - scouting locations for next season - but would have been weeping as well. Paul, as usual, was impassive - the cold-hearted *******). No doubt that Kindred II will have fans reaching for the tissue or their significant other’s sleeve while Last Man will have them jumping up, bug-eyed screaming: “HOLY F*&[email protected] S*$#!!!!!”. Heh heh. Stay tuned.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-9-2007.html

Platschu
November 10th, 2007, 03:16 AM
I still fear that they will write out Teyla. :(

WingedPegasus
November 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I still fear that they will write out Teyla. :(

Man, I really, really hope not! :(

Mitchell82
November 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM

Possibly as to the last part we already have those. There called Wraith.

erb
November 11th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Possibly as to the last part we already have those. There called Wraith.

Are you trying to be sarcastic? :confused:

I think it's obvious I know about the wraith as it was to them I was referring.

Mitchell82
November 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Are you trying to be sarcastic? :confused:

I think it's obvious I know about the wraith as it was to them I was referring.

Not intentionally. Sorry misread the post.:danielanime05:

erb
November 12th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Not intentionally. Sorry misread the post.:danielanime05:

:) That's ok.

Now I'm wondering if it might be the missing Athosians who are the kindred. Too long to wait for the answers.

twinchaosblade
November 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
:) That's ok.

Now I'm wondering if it might be the missing Athosians who are the kindred. Too long to wait for the answers.
That's exactly what I thought too, erb!
That maybe Michael got a hold of the Athosians for further experiments and made Carson help him perform these. And when the Lantians get him back, Beckett is ashamed of what he'd done and can't get over it. Possibly that's the reason they don't know whether he's there to stay or just wants to get away from Atlantis because he feel so guilty and thinks he failed everybody who ever cared about him, like his friends and the Athosians.
Oh, the tragedy that could arise. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/TCBTwinchy/smilies/beckett_cry2.gif

Mitchell82
November 12th, 2007, 01:37 PM
That maybe Michael got a hold of the Athosians for further experiments and made Carson help him perform these. And when the Lantians get him back, Beckett is ashamed of what he'd done and can't get over it. Possibly that's the reason they don't know whether he's there to stay or just wants to get away from Atlantis because he feel so guilty and thinks he failed everybody who ever cared about him, like his friends and the Athosians.
Oh, the tragedy that could arise. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/TCBTwinchy/smilies/beckett_cry2.gif
Ooo that would be sweet.

erb
November 12th, 2007, 02:22 PM

It was actually Arica in the Pro Beckett thread who suggested Michael taking the Athosians. I just latched onto the idea and remembered Joe M.'s poem. The "innocents lost" and "strict adherence" line from that along with Missing, from what I have heard, tying Beckett's name to the Athosians for the second episode in a row.

Ack. Worrying now.

Mitchell82
November 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM
It was actually Arica in the Pro Beckett thread who suggested Michael taking the Athosians. I just latched onto the idea and remembered Joe M.'s poem. The "innocents lost" and "strict adherence" line from that along with Missing, from what I have heard, tying Beckett's name to the Athosians for the second episode in a row.

Ack. Worrying now.

Why are you worried? SOunds good to me.

Wombatbaby
November 12th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Why are you worried? SOunds good to me.

Me Too!:beckett:

erb
November 12th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Me Too!:beckett:

Oh, I think it sounds like it could be a great episode. I'm worrying because I love Beckett muchly (sic) and his pain is my pain.

twinchaosblade
November 12th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Oh, I think it sounds like it could be a great episode. I'm worrying because I love Beckett muchly (sic) and his pain is my pain.
You took the words right out of my mouth, erb!
But I also think that this connection with the audience is Beckett's greatest strength. The viewers really care what he has to go through. Even though there are lots of Shep whumpers and McKay lovers out there, I don't think that the general viewership emotionally connects with them as much as they do with our dear Carson, because that's who he is. His very compassionate and caring personality endeared him so much to us, makes us suffer along with him when he's beating himself up for various reasons.
We care because he cares. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/TCBTwinchy/smilies/carsonrodney_comfort.gif

Jenner8675309
November 12th, 2007, 09:47 PM
But I also think that this connection with the audience is Beckett's greatest strength. The viewers really care what he has to go through. Even though there are lots of Shep whumpers and McKay lovers out there, I don't think that the general viewership emotionally connects with them as much as they do with our dear Carson, because that's who he is. His very compassionate and caring personality endeared him so much to us, makes us suffer along with him when he's beating himself up for various reasons.
We care because he cares. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/TCBTwinchy/smilies/carsonrodney_comfort.gif

WORD!

Mitchell82
November 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Nice post I agree but is it possible to be a Carson and Keller fan? Cause I am, and looking forward to their interaction.

twinchaosblade
November 13th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Nice post I agree but is it possible to be a Carson and Keller fan? Cause I am, and looking forward to their interaction.
Thanks, Mitchell.
Of course anyone can be a fan of both characters. I have to admit that I'm not too fond of Keller but I'm VERY much anticipating to see the chemistry between her and Beckett. I'm convinced that they could make a fantastic team. And to be honest, I believe that having a fine chemistry together on screen significantly increases both their chances of being hired for the fifth season. Deep down I have a gut-feeling that as much as TPTB may want to keep the character of Keller around or want to get Carson back into the show, finding out Keller and Beckett play off each other well will do the trick in their decision who they want to sign on for next season: both of them, as a team!

Wombatbaby
November 19th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Michael's gonna be in Kindred! Yay! I'm really looking forward to seeing him now that Carson's dead... I mean coming back... I mean... You know what I mean.

:beckett:

(In case you can't tell, I'm trying to keep this thread alive. I take the small victories where I can get 'em.)

Anubis91
November 19th, 2007, 10:33 PM
That's a very good news !
So I was right as many others !! BUt I was quite obvious that he was in this episode maybe less for The Last Man...
But one thing that I can't decide whether or not it's right is the name of Teyla's baby's father ! I thought it was Michael but with the spoilers, I'm confused... But I thought Michael was the father very hard before so I'm going to think that hard for a little longer ^^
Anyway I can't wait to see the back half of this season !:)

PG15
November 19th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I think we knew that already. But, the short summary is certainly new...

As a mysterious new illness sweeps through the Pegasus Galaxy, Teyla is convinced by a vision that the father of her child is trying to communicate with her.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/11/trinneer_returns_in_the_kindred.shtml

Veeeeery interesting.

twinchaosblade
November 20th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Now these are interesting revelations! Not that I'm surprised to read the news about Michael but the hints at the father of Teyla's baby are totally intriguing IMHO.

Why can't it be February already? *pouts* I so want Carson back! Our lovely Scot is not only a compassionate soul but also closely connected with many of the darker plots revolving around the retrovirus; this could be marvellous drama if they decide to keep Beckett afterwards and more thoroughly explore his character after his experience.

Nitegate
November 20th, 2007, 08:09 AM
maybe becketts the father. in sunday, how do you know that the one who she had a crush on wasn't beckett, cause in the end, she said, "she feels a great sadness." so who knows.

but i doubt it since if you watch Missing, it blows that out of the water, so we'll have to see, unless that was a cover up that Beckett is, hmmm we'll have to watch.

lostinspace
November 20th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Linking the return of Michael and Carson in The Kindred is perfect. I'd always seen the wraith retrovirus and ongoing consequences with Michael as Carson's Achilles heel. Nice thinking there, writers! I just hope we don't get Carson's return via flashbacks but there'd be more "substance" to it - how ever that's going to work out for someone who allegedly died.

Also, the news about Teyla and the choice of "kindred" as the title really does make you wonder how all these threads are related. Is it weird that I wish there was more to her pregnancy than just an off-screen fling with some Athosian dude called Kanan (sp?)

erb
November 20th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Is it weird that I wish there was more to her pregnancy than just an off-screen fling with some Athosian dude called Kanan (sp?)

I don't think so. I'd like there to be more to it, too.

Mitchell82
November 20th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks, Mitchell.
Of course anyone can be a fan of both characters. I have to admit that I'm not too fond of Keller but I'm VERY much anticipating to see the chemistry between her and Beckett. I'm convinced that they could make a fantastic team. And to be honest, I believe that having a fine chemistry together on screen significantly increases both their chances of being hired for the fifth season. Deep down I have a gut-feeling that as much as TPTB may want to keep the character of Keller around or want to get Carson back into the show, finding out Keller and Beckett play off each other well will do the trick in their decision who they want to sign on for next season: both of them, as a team!

Which could be a good thing. Only time will tell right?;)

Nitegate
November 21st, 2007, 09:19 AM
why do people act surprised when they find out Michael is in it? we've known this for months.

Alipeeps
November 21st, 2007, 09:28 AM
why do people act surprised when they find out Michael is in it? we've known this for months.

Perhaps because not everybody knows what you know? :)

Jersey13
November 21st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Well, we didn't know for sure. We just suspected it because most of us figure that the 'clue' to Carson's return that JM was referring to in the back half of season 3 is in Vengeance. The confirmation about Michael certainly makes this possibility a lot more likely.

DONNA BOOTH
November 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
I am so looking forward to seeing Micheal again as i think he is one of those Characters you never get tired of watching

ha'tak_
December 21st, 2007, 11:40 AM
i was reading the episode gudie on kinred ther it stood ther an old friend will arrive that they tought where died chould that be ford?

Jumper_One
December 21st, 2007, 11:43 AM
i was reading the episode gudie on kinred ther it stood ther an old friend will arrive that they tought where died chould that be ford?

nope. ever thought about Beckett? ;)

ha'tak_
December 21st, 2007, 11:47 AM
ignore this thread i no how this is i only tought hi whould appier in the first part of kinred CARSON

Jeffala
December 21st, 2007, 12:48 PM
"The Kindred" is expected to be the two-part episode that will feature the much-rejoiced return of former series regular Paul McGillion as Dr. Carson Beckett. The character died in an explosion while saving a man's life in Season Three's controversial episode "Sunday."
http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/418.shtml

Mitchell82
December 21st, 2007, 12:50 PM
http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s4/418.shtml

Except it's not just expected it's known that it will happen now.

the fifth man
December 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
Except it's not just expected it's known that it will happen now.

And it is going to be excellent.:)

nightowl300
December 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I think so too.

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 12:19 PM
One more nail into the michael has Carson theory...Carson's return will be "the product of his genius" Genetics is Carson's specialty. So Michael has two reasons to steal him. 1. Revenge for turning Michael human TWICE 2.The knowledge Carson has which allowed for the wraith hybrids. I rewatched the last episodes of Season 3 and Vengeance is the only one that has to do with anything and the supposed "questionable arc" is Where the hell did Michael suddenly learn to do so much genetic tampering?

The Scifi preview teaser thing for S4 has 3 seconds of Mckay and Ronon going into a room that looks like the underground kinda bunker or lab thing sorta like the one from Vengeance and Beckett jumping up saying "What took ya so long?" So Beckett was switched with clone that died in explosiong, but the real beckett didnt know about it and has no idea why his friends never came to look for him, you get a split second of utter shock on Mckay's face, even Ronon puts down his gun he is so shocked. Also just throwing this out there, the clothes Beckett is in---they look kinda Genii outfit to me, but wtf right.

Ltcolshepjumper
December 31st, 2007, 12:33 PM
Uh, how will Beckett be the "product of his genius"? And what is his genius exactly? I think it is the retrovirus. As well, Michael is virtually a creation of Beckett's.

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 12:38 PM
I agree, Michael is a product of his genius, genius being his work with genetics i.e. The ATA gene therapy, the retrovirus

Heaven
December 31st, 2007, 01:39 PM
if Michael was a Wraith scientist it's not that much of a stretch to think he had knowledge of genetics.
after all most of the wraith technology is organic based, which is a far higher level of genetic engineering than a little retrovirus.
Michael should pwn Carson in that regard

Reiko
December 31st, 2007, 02:10 PM
Uh, how will Beckett be the "product of his genius"? And what is his genius exactly? I think it is the retrovirus. As well, Michael is virtually a creation of Beckett's.

I don't think Carson was saved by the retrovirus. I think Michael saved him [by replacing him] rather unintentionally. Thus Carson created Michael through the retrovirus and that makes Michael the product of his own genius. And so, yup, if that makes any sense at all.

-points to Chezlee- What she said :cool:

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 02:18 PM
Incidentally, what exactly could be considered as the late S3 episodes, is it the last 3 after Sunday? Because the only other clue I can think of in S3 back half is Tao or Rodney, Carson's method of "keeping DNA from everyone on Atlantis for base line comparisons." Carson's DNA, the anceint machine or soemthing, I dont know jsut throwing out other possibilities. Most peoples theories forget to include the S3 clue which is what will predict Carson's return

Jumper_One
December 31st, 2007, 02:20 PM
Incidentally, what exactly could be considered as the late S3 episodes, is it the last 3 after Sunday? Because the only other clue I can think of in S3 back half is Tao or Rodney, Carson's method of "keeping DNA from everyone on Atlantis for base line comparisons." Carson's DNA, the anceint machine or soemthing, I dont know jsut throwing out other possibilities. Most peoples theories forget to include the S3 clue which is what will predict Carson's return

JM confirmed the clue is in one of the last 3 eps of s3

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 02:22 PM
ok then, forget my last post...

Ltcolshepjumper
December 31st, 2007, 04:20 PM
I don't think Carson was saved by the retrovirus. I think Michael saved him [by replacing him] rather unintentionally. Thus Carson created Michael through the retrovirus and that makes Michael the product of his own genius. And so, yup, if that makes any sense at all.

-points to Chezlee- What she said :cool:

Well, if his "genius" is the retrovirus, and the creation of Michael, then that means that Beckett will become a product of Michael's.

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 04:48 PM
What she means is that the "real" beckett was saved unintentionally from being blown up because he was kidnapped by Michael. Michael is the product of Beckett's retrovirus. If Michael happened to make a clone (as I believe) it never would have happened if he had not been changed by the retrovirus, therefor Michael saving Carson is because of Carson's "genius."

All hypothetically of course. :)

jelgate
December 31st, 2007, 06:25 PM
The working theory is that Micheal kidnapped Beckett and replaced him with a clone. My question is when do you think Beckett was replaced

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 06:40 PM
The two biggest questions in the clone theory are
1. When was he kidnapped
2. How did Michael make a clone

It could have been anytime between Misbegotten and Sunday, sometime when he was offworld. I read a fanfic once with a theory sort of like this and it had him being kidnapped while offworld while on a mission with botonists who had found some special medicinal plants or something, I mean he cant only go offworld while on screen right?

As to the other question, Michael may have been a wraith scientist but do the wraith have clonining technology? Or could it be, as someone else has mentioned, that he teamed up with the Asurans, or the rebel faction. We dont know whether or not they scanned Becketts body to see nanites or something, or if nanites could cure someone who had been blown up.

Lythisrose
December 31st, 2007, 08:16 PM
There sure are alot of ways to make copies of people in Stargate. I mean, crystals can make duplicates, old lonely guys can make duplicates, asurans can make duplicates, ancients can make duplicates, and now Michael can make duplicates too! :beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett::beckett ::beckett::beckett::beckett:........... :o

Mitchell82
December 31st, 2007, 08:21 PM
The two biggest questions in the clone theory are
1. When was he kidnapped
2. How did Michael make a clone

It could have been anytime between Misbegotten and Sunday, sometime when he was offworld. I read a fanfic once with a theory sort of like this and it had him being kidnapped while offworld while on a mission with botonists who had found some special medicinal plants or something, I mean he cant only go offworld while on screen right?

As to the other question, Michael may have been a wraith scientist but do the wraith have clonining technology? Or could it be, as someone else has mentioned, that he teamed up with the Asurans, or the rebel faction. We dont know whether or not they scanned Becketts body to see nanites or something, or if nanites could cure someone who had been blown up.

Well he cloned his bug people so yeah he can all he needs is genetic samples.

Chezlee
December 31st, 2007, 09:43 PM
Well he didnt exactly clone them, more gentetically enginered them from the Iratus bug eggs

the fifth man
December 31st, 2007, 10:42 PM
To engineer a creature like that, it takes a genius. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Michael had acquired the ability to clone someone.

Valos Cor
December 31st, 2007, 10:48 PM
Prehaps in the second half of season 4 michael invades the city or something ? or just finds carsons dna , becuases hes hit a "dead end" in his research ??

Fenrir Foxz
December 31st, 2007, 10:54 PM
To engineer a creature like that, it takes a genius. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Michael had acquired the ability to clone someone.

yeah,
IMO direct cloning would be somewhat more straight forward than genetic manipulation and therefore Michael could branch out his research and clone someone...

the fifth man
December 31st, 2007, 11:02 PM
yeah,
IMO direct cloning would be somewhat more straight forward than genetic manipulation and therefore Michael could branch out his research and clone someone...

Definitely. We know he would certainly have the motivation to do such a thing.

Vala_M
January 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM
One more nail into the michael has Carson theory...Carson's return will be "the product of his genius" Genetics is Carson's specialty. So Michael has two reasons to steal him. 1. Revenge for turning Michael human TWICE 2.The knowledge Carson has which allowed for the wraith hybrids. I rewatched the last episodes of Season 3 and Vengeance is the only one that has to do with anything and the supposed "questionable arc" is Where the hell did Michael suddenly learn to do so much genetic tampering?

The Scifi preview teaser thing for S4 has 3 seconds of Mckay and Ronon going into a room that looks like the underground kinda bunker or lab thing sorta like the one from Vengeance and Beckett jumping up saying "What took ya so long?" So Beckett was switched with clone that died in explosiong, but the real beckett didnt know about it and has no idea why his friends never came to look for him, you get a split second of utter shock on Mckay's face, even Ronon puts down his gun he is so shocked. Also just throwing this out there, the clothes Beckett is in---they look kinda Genii outfit to me, but wtf right.

I like your idea, I hope it's correct but why then doesn't Beckett come back as the CMO and they get rid of Dr. Keller? Does he retire to Earth or go to the SGC since the SGC hasn't had a good permanent doctor since season 7. I don't count Dr. Lam as permanent since she was only in a few season 9 episodes and 1 or 2 of season 10.

Vala,

Chezlee
January 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
I like your idea, I hope it's correct but why then doesn't Beckett come back as the CMO and they get rid of Dr. Keller? Does he retire to Earth or go to the SGC since the SGC hasn't had a good permanent doctor since season 7. I don't count Dr. Lam as permanent since she was only in a few season 9 episodes and 1 or 2 of season 10.

Ok well I thought that once they get him back at the end of season 4 that he would go spend time with his family on Earth of course. He is probably pretty traumatized from being kidnapped for the last year. Then, if he is coming back for season 5 (btw is there any confirmation on the exact casting for S5?) then perhaps he and keller will both be there, I would think Keller may take a back seat since she doesnt seem to be really passionate about the position, (Im not saying she is not a good doctor!) Or maybe JS has something else going on or Paul Mcgillion for that matter. I guess we will just have to see, but it will turn out with either one of them staying and one going or both of them staying.

And the whole Dr. Lam thing was there because there was the whole Landry's daughter angle going on and she really wasnt that bad. It kind of makes me wonder in Return when Carson went to Earth to be a doctor at the SGC was he head or working under Lam?

Ltcolshepjumper
January 1st, 2008, 12:28 PM

Vala,

exactly my question. The only way for Beckett to return temporarily is if he is a clone or if he dies in the episode.

PG15
January 1st, 2008, 01:30 PM
Or he is taken away form the team by some other means, i.e. Michael capturing him again.

I would like to see both Beckett and Keller for Season 5; it'll be like Zelenka and McKay, except...friendlier.

Chezlee
January 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM
Or he is taken away form the team by some other means, i.e. Michael capturing him again.

I would like to see both Beckett and Keller for Season 5; it'll be like Zelenka and McKay, except...friendlier.

A sentiment shared by many. I don't see Keller fighting though...she strikes me as someone who would back down.

PG15
January 1st, 2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah, but Beckett isn't one to start fights anyway.

SGFerrit
January 1st, 2008, 03:19 PM
Exactly. They both seem to have different proffesional areas, they would probably make a good team.

twinchaosblade
January 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM
Exactly. They both seem to have different proffesional areas, they would probably make a good team.
I wholeheartedly agree on that statement.

Since I'm not particularly fond of the character of Dr Keller, she certainly isn't my first concern but I'd like her to stay on Atlantis and team up with Carson. No matter how much of an expert she is supposed to be in several fields of medicine, there are still a lot of things she could learn from Dr Beckett; after all, he has the experience to go with the job of CMO and would clearly make one very supportive mentor and give good advice how to do the position justice.

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea whether (and I'm speaking character-wise!) Keller or Beckett would turn out CMO should Carson really return for good to Atlantis. He has much more experience, plus Keller didn't seem too thrilled to take the position in the first place, but on the other hand Carson certainly wouldn't grudge her the new position, especially when she's proven herself. I guess he wouldn't want her to step down to make room for him again. Therefore I think the question of what to do with the both of them would be a very interesting dilemma to face. And I sure hope they tackle some of the points to make Carson's (hopefully permanent) return plausible and realistic. (But then, we've seen how realistic these guys from the studio can be when they're aiming for it... :rolleyes:)

Chezlee
January 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
(But then, we've seen how realistic these guys from the studio can be when they're aiming for it... :rolleyes:)

Quite ;)

Ltcolshepjumper
January 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM

that's how I feel, with not just those two, but with Carter and Weir as well.

Nitegate
January 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
maybe the beckett that died was replicator duplicate, you know how in the mid season finale all the team were re-created with flesh and blood but was nanites.

the reason why Joe Mallozzi didn't say anything before and the clue was in the end of season 3 for what happened to beckett, NOT how he will come back or what died, now we know michael has him.

Joe didn't want to ruin the early part of the season for people. this would happen before mckay tampered with the code for replicator vs wraith, maybe micheal went to them for a proposition. this is the "clue" maybe what happened to the beckett in Sunday that he was replicator flesh and blood.

there is none of this "he got beamed out before he died", it clearly showed him getting burned up and they had the coffin and everything, if there was no body, you know they would never stop the search.

i keep seeing people say that he will be a clone, it has said forever he will NOT be a clone that comes back in any way.

Lythisrose
January 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
this would happen before mckay tampered with the code for replicator vs wraith, maybe micheal went to them for a proposition. this is the "clue" maybe what happened to the beckett in Sunday that he was replicator flesh and blood.

So you think Michael made a deal with the rebel Asurans? And that the Beckett that died in Sunday was perhaps a test model? What incentive would the Asurans have for dealing with Michael and how would he have found out they were experimenting with duplicates? Also, (sorry, another question), when would Beckett have been "mind probed" in order to create a dupli!Beckett? I am not saying that these "Michael creates a duplicate" theories are incorrect, but just trying to figure out how they happen. :o

twinchaosblade
January 2nd, 2008, 01:34 PM
So you think Michael made a deal with the rebel Asurans? And that the Beckett that died in Sunday was perhaps a test model? What incentive would the Asurans have for dealing with Michael and how would he have found out they were experimenting with duplicates? Also, (sorry, another question), when would Beckett have been "mind probed" in order to create a dupli!Beckett? I am not saying that these "Michael creates a duplicate" theories are incorrect, but just trying to figure out how they happen. :o
I don't necessarily think that this is the case but the Asurans did have plenty of time for 'mindprobing' Carson in 'The Return II'. After all, Teyla was unconscious when the Asurans captured her and Beckett, so no one would have known whether or not they did actually do it.

Chezlee
January 2nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
the reason why Joe Mallozzi didn't say anything before and the clue was in the end of season 3 for what happened to beckett, NOT how he will come back or what died, now we know michael has him.
Im sorry I didnt quite understand what you mean. Not being a smart ass, just didnt understand:S

TJuk
January 3rd, 2008, 01:02 PM
I like the idea of having BOTH Keller & Beckett on the show, ala McKay and Zelenka. Besides the obvious potential for comedy and some interesting relationship and character development, it opens up some previously closed doors. Such as having the doctor go off world more because there's someone back home to cover and/or patch the other up. One of the reasons Robert Cooper said having the doctor more 'active' was difficult was because there was no one to patch him up when they got home (like they couldn't get a doctor of the week!! :::rollseyes::: ). So having both doctors around removes that obstacle...for both characters.

I love the idea that Beckett has been 'out there' (for a while judging by the trailer), so will hopefully have changed a little, maybe toughened up some and has possibly valuable intel and experience that would require or facilitate him going off world more often. Maybe the 'open door' pertains to 'Kindred's plot which opens up a new thread/storyline over the following eps and season 5+ that not only brings Beckett back, but facilitates more episodes plots to have him back more often....or better yet PERMANENTLY and possibly in a more expanded role that takes him beyond 'just the doctor' box.

Hey, and if SAG go on strike and they loose Jason and Joe for a while (a possiblity confirmed by Mallozzi on his blog), they need to have all their top talent (aka Paul McGillion!) around to 'fill the gap'! Besides...whose McKay/David going to snark with if Sheppard/Joe isn't around????

Mitchell82
January 3rd, 2008, 01:04 PM
Definitely. We know he would certainly have the motivation to do such a thing.

Agreed. Also he is quite smart for a Wraith so it could easily be within his capability.

Chezlee
January 3rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Hey, and if SAG go on strike and they loose Jason and Joe for a while (a possiblity confirmed by Mallozzi on his blog), they need to have all their top talent (aka Paul McGillion!) around to 'fill the gap'! Besides...whose McKay/David going to snark with if Sheppard/Joe isn't around????

Strike?!

Mitchell82
January 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Strike?!

With the WGA strike the SAG has also threatend to strike and if so we're screwed.

Lythisrose
January 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
With the WGA strike the SAG has also threatend to strike and if so we're screwed.

OT:
I would think they would try to cram in as many of the scenes that Joe and Jason are going to be in early in the shooting schedule (before May, when the strike would be on). Not sure if they could do it, logistically. :(

Mitchell82
January 3rd, 2008, 01:29 PM
OT:
I would think they would try to cram in as many of the scenes that Joe and Jason are going to be in early in the shooting schedule (before May, when the strike would be on). Not sure if they could do it, logistically. :(

Wait has it been confirmed that they will strike?

Lythisrose
January 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM

OT:
Nope, but I would think/hope they'd try to prepare for the possibility anyways...

Mitchell82
January 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
OT:
Nope, but I would think/hope they'd try to prepare for the possibility anyways...

Lets hope.

TJuk
January 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM

Historically, when the Writers (WGA) go on strike, the Actor's and Director's Unions follow suit to lobby for the same benefits, in this case a bigger slice of the residuals from DVD & 'New Media' (aka online content) and other benefits. It's already been discussed, is on the table and will more then likely go ahead eventually depending or when the Writers strikes ends, what they get and of course, if the studios decide to negociate and they meet an agreement without the need for strike (ha, so not going to happen). Considering how long this one is going on, no strike for the Actors is HIGHLY UNlikely.

Mallozzi confirmed on his blog that IF SAG go on strike, it will effect filming for Jason and Joe who I think are the only cast who are in SAG, the rest will probably be in the Canadian Actor's Union in the same sense that most of the writers are in the Canaidan Writers Unions. They could try to minimise impact with scheduling however they dont yet know the timing of the strike and if the Actor's strike goes on for even a couple of months, thats not going to cover all the eps left to shoot. If it happens in May as someone else suggested, even though they're shooting earlier this year, it's only by a month which wont be early enough. The mid-shoot hiatus is usually in July (and might hopefully cover a good chunk of the strike if it happens), so they may only have half the eps in the can by this point....lots of unknowns right now.

As Flanigan is the 'lead' he's in a good to large portion of EVERY episode, so scheduling will be...insane to try and cover him, nevermind Jason as well!!! And the Actors and Directors strikes could go on just as long as the Writers which currently has no end in sight! This could get really ugly folks!

On the other hand, look at it on the brightside. It means that Rachel, David, Jewel, Amanda and Paul McG (if he's back...**assumes human pretzel**) and any of the other major Candian actors character's are going to get a shot for some heavily featured episodes they probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise... and this may push some interesting storylines out to cover Sheppard & Ronon's absence. Let's hope the unpredictable will be met with innovation on the writers parts and not predictable cover tactics!

Maybe this is one of the reasons Beckett's return in 'Kindred' will have an 'open door?' So they can bring him back and as when he's needed...

Either way I think/hope Kindred will setup a new 'thread' that could be interesting and kept running into season 5 (with any luck for us Beckett fans anyway!). I'm excited that Michael will be in these eps as 'Misbegotten' left a lot of unanswered questions....for instance the mind probe he proformed on Carson, what he did to Carson over those 2 days he had him and the consquence of that, none of which we have seen. Where did Michael get the information and more importantly, expertese to genetically create the bug monster thingies in 'Vengence'. Plus Hewlett's 'Beckett will become a product of his own genius' opens up a huge can of worms and potential storylines! The 'retrovirus' arc was never satifactorily closed, nor did it even meet its full potential, so theres a lot there to work with!

And of course 'what took you do long?' in the promo suggests poor Beckett (be still my whumpers heart) has been captive for a long time.... so 2 days from 'Misbgotten' (with soo much angsty potential) and up to a year of captivity.... IS IT FEBUARY YET????????? ARGH!!

SGFerrit
January 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I will be very interested to see what they do if Joe and Jason strike.

Jumper_One
January 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM

I really hope this won't be the case

Chezlee
January 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, the show MUST go on!!...Hopefully as good as it can

Jenner8675309
January 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Second half of S4 begins, countdown to The Kindred!!!!

Chezlee
January 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Second half of S4 begins, countdown to The Kindred!!!!

I have it marked on my calendar:D

idlewild202
January 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Oh! Good idea :D

Jenner8675309
January 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM

If SAG does strike June 30th (when the contratcs are up) they will have no choice but to strike. If they don't they are in voilation of the union and can be fined, lose membership (which means no work basically), etc.

It would be terrible for the show and I would't wish it on anyone. "Luckily" for SGA the only WGA writer is Carl, and while he is IMO the best writer, losing 1 writer will only make production tougher as more scripts will have to be written by the other writers, but the show can still go on. But I shudder to think of SGA without Carl, he's always been the consistent writer and like I said, the best :)

Anyways, we are VERY lucky that Paul isn't SAG, so there is no excuse there on not giving him some (and hopefully a lot) or eps in S5!!!! :D

Chezlee
January 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Anyways, we are VERY lucky that Paul isn't SAG, so there is no excuse there on not giving him some (and hopefully a lot) or eps in S5!!!! :D

AMEN to that, they are going to need Carson more then ever!

Mitchell82
January 5th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Historically, when the Writers (WGA) go on strike, the Actor's and Director's Unions follow suit to lobby for the same benefits, in this case a bigger slice of the residuals from DVD & 'New Media' (aka online content) and other benefits. It's already been discussed, is on the table and will more then likely go ahead eventually depending or when the Writers strikes ends, what they get and of course, if the studios decide to negociate and they meet an agreement without the need for strike (ha, so not going to happen). Considering how long this one is going on, no strike for the Actors is HIGHLY UNlikely.

Mallozzi confirmed on his blog that IF SAG go on strike, it will effect filming for Jason and Joe who I think are the only cast who are in SAG, the rest will probably be in the Canadian Actor's Union in the same sense that most of the writers are in the Canaidan Writers Unions. They could try to minimise impact with scheduling however they dont yet know the timing of the strike and if the Actor's strike goes on for even a couple of months, thats not going to cover all the eps left to shoot. If it happens in May as someone else suggested, even though they're shooting earlier this year, it's only by a month which wont be early enough. The mid-shoot hiatus is usually in July (and might hopefully cover a good chunk of the strike if it happens), so they may only have half the eps in the can by this point....lots of unknowns right now.

As Flanigan is the 'lead' he's in a good to large portion of EVERY episode, so scheduling will be...insane to try and cover him, nevermind Jason as well!!! And the Actors and Directors strikes could go on just as long as the Writers which currently has no end in sight! This could get really ugly folks!

On the other hand, look at it on the brightside. It means that Rachel, David, Jewel, Amanda and Paul McG (if he's back...**assumes human pretzel**) and any of the other major Candian actors character's are going to get a shot for some heavily featured episodes they probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise... and this may push some interesting storylines out to cover Sheppard & Ronon's absence. Let's hope the unpredictable will be met with innovation on the writers parts and not predictable cover tactics!

Maybe this is one of the reasons Beckett's return in 'Kindred' will have an 'open door?' So they can bring him back and as when he's needed...

Either way I think/hope Kindred will setup a new 'thread' that could be interesting and kept running into season 5 (with any luck for us Beckett fans anyway!). I'm excited that Michael will be in these eps as 'Misbegotten' left a lot of unanswered questions....for instance the mind probe he proformed on Carson, what he did to Carson over those 2 days he had him and the consquence of that, none of which we have seen. Where did Michael get the information and more importantly, expertese to genetically create the bug monster thingies in 'Vengence'. Plus Hewlett's 'Beckett will become a product of his own genius' opens up a huge can of worms and potential storylines! The 'retrovirus' arc was never satifactorily closed, nor did it even meet its full potential, so theres a lot there to work with!

And of course 'what took you do long?' in the promo suggests poor Beckett (be still my whumpers heart) has been captive for a long time.... so 2 days from 'Misbgotten' (with soo much angsty potential) and up to a year of captivity.... IS IT FEBUARY YET????????? ARGH!!

Well having Carson return is a plus but I think he is SAG too. If they do strike it can only be a bad thing. Because it will delay filming because two key actors will be unavailable and if they try to shoot without them there goes any chance of a season 6. Fans will not tune in with two cast members gone.

Kalashnakoff
January 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I am looking foward to kindred but,

I am sorta dreading Carson's return because (although i do love and miss the character) i think if its like a clone thing and he got switched, it could get way too complicated and just messy.

I'll just hope for the best.

Jumper_One
January 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I am looking foward to kindred but,

I am sorta dreading Carson's return because (although i do love and miss the character) i think if its like a clone thing and he got switched, it could get way too complicated and just messy.

I'll just hope for the best.

what do you mean by 'too complicated and just messy'? if he got switched before 'Sunday' we'll just find our Carson and get him back to Atlantis (if this is indeed what'll happen). how is this complicated?

Kalashnakoff
January 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM
what do you mean by 'too complicated and just messy'? if he got switched before 'Sunday' we'll just find our Carson and get him back to Atlantis (if this is indeed what'll happen). how is this complicated?

Because i don't think they planned to bring him back when they were doing season 3, which means they'll have to explain around it and it won't be evident where he was kiddnapped in the past episode. It would look like they were covering up (badly) a mistake

Besides i'm not saying it WILL be like that, I'm actually hoping it won't.

Jenner8675309
January 5th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Well having Carson return is a plus but I think he is SAG too. If they do strike it can only be a bad thing. Because it will delay filming because two key actors will be unavailable and if they try to shoot without them there goes any chance of a season 6. Fans will not tune in with two cast members gone.

No, Paul is Canadian and a member of ACTRA.

I wouldn't panic yet about SAG (and DGA) striking. They have a contract thru June 30th. While its true they always follow WGAs contract negotiations, its possible the WGA strike will end before that and SAG and DGA negotiations go smoother after this past mess. Just because things aren't moving at the moment regarding the strike doesn't mean it will continue for another 6 months.

At least we all hope! If it does, we won't get any new shows, pilots, etc until Fall 2009 at the earliest.

Jumper_One
January 5th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Because i don't think they planned to bring him back when they were doing season 3, which means they'll have to explain around it and it won't be evident where he was kiddnapped in the past episode. It would look like they were covering up (badly) a mistake

ah ok now I get it. you're probably right, bringing him back might not have been planned but I do believe there'll be a good explanation (just my opinion of course). TBTB already said that the clue's in the last 3 eps of s3, so I'm really looking forward to The Kindred ;)

jenks
January 6th, 2008, 01:24 AM
You realise that we don't need spoiler tags in here... :cool:

Chezlee
January 6th, 2008, 02:02 AM
we do for the episodes brought up in speculation

SGFerrit
January 6th, 2008, 06:08 AM

There are two clues in season 3:

1. Misbegotten- Michael (about Carson) "He has fulfilled his purpose"

2. Vengeance- Teyla (about Michael's experiments) "It is amazing how quickly he has incorporated our science into his"

Or something along those lines.

Personally I think it was planned. But each to their own:)

Mitchell82
January 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
No, Paul is Canadian and a member of ACTRA.
Thats good I wasnt sure.

I wouldn't panic yet about SAG (and DGA) striking. They have a contract thru June 30th. While its true they always follow WGAs contract negotiations, its possible the WGA strike will end before that and SAG and DGA negotiations go smoother after this past mess. Just because things aren't moving at the moment regarding the strike doesn't mean it will continue for another 6 months.

At least we all hope! If it does, we won't get any new shows, pilots, etc until Fall 2009 at the earliest.
Lets hope that doesnt happen. I hate when this stuff happens, it's not like they don' make enough money already. I remember the fiasco that caused the worst second half of a tv show I ever remember. (Star Trek: TNG season 2)

Jumper_One
January 6th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Lets hope that doesnt happen. I hate when this stuff happens, it's not like they don' make enough money already. I remember the fiasco that caused the worst second half of a tv show I ever remember. (Star Trek: TNG season 2)

oh yeah s2 totally sucked

PG15
January 9th, 2008, 06:47 PM
News from JM:

Killdeer writes: “Several of us had been expecting a nice Rodney/Teyla scene in BAMSR. Did that get cut, or is it later down the road?”

Answer: Sorry. When I answered the question about a Rodney-Teyla scene, I was thinking Ronon/Teyla. For a sweet Rodney/Teyla scene, you’ll have to wait for Kindred I.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/january-8-2008-champagne-truffle-buzz-the-princess-bride-and-pooped-pooches/

jenks
January 10th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I'm not sure if this had been posted:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8277/dsc06997oe7.jpg

Jumper_One
January 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM

I've never seen it, thanks for posting :)

Mitchell82
January 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM

A wraith ultrasound? Hmmm very interesting.

PG15
January 10th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Tidbit from Joe:

Mrs. B108 writes: “2)Are many lingering questions answered in the Kindred? In turn, does it evoke even more?”

Answers: 2) A number are, yes.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/january-10-2008-a-mix-and-the-mailbag/

Reiko
January 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM

Same here, in addition I have it on my binder as well as on the whiteboard in my homeroom. I'm such a geek =D

If SAG does strike June 30th (when the contratcs are up) they will have no choice but to strike. If they don't they are in voilation of the union and can be fined, lose membership (which means no work basically), etc.

It would be terrible for the show and I would't wish it on anyone. "Luckily" for SGA the only WGA writer is Carl, and while he is IMO the best writer, losing 1 writer will only make production tougher as more scripts will have to be written by the other writers, but the show can still go on. But I shudder to think of SGA without Carl, he's always been the consistent writer and like I said, the best :)

Yeah, I was hoping we would lose some of the suckier erm, less memorable writers but instead we lose one awesome one. I would go and write some scripts or at least be a story/creative consultant, though I'm only in high school but it's wishful thinking. Hey, who needs a degree to be a good writer!? And yes, more Paul is definately good =) Though for Joe and Jason, that sucks =/

Hmm. Makes sense, not to mention there's enough panic with many fans' issues with casting (but I'll save that for other threads, so don't yell at me here!) Yeah, for me at the moment the strike is the least of my worries.

Thanks for posting! Haven't seenthat one, has me very intrigued.

Chezlee
January 10th, 2008, 08:46 PM

In the season 4 preview it has Teyla captured by Michael (I think) or at least in a wraith prison, and she yells "Where are my people" So, the wraith ultrasound thing fits. I wonder if we will finally learn how wraith babies are made:)

Ltcolshepjumper
January 10th, 2008, 08:57 PM
In the season 4 preview it has Teyla captured by Michael (I think) or at least in a wraith prison, and she yells "Where are my people" So, the wraith ultrasound thing fits. I wonder if we will finally learn how wraith babies are made:)

that's in Spoils of War. As well, it's not the birth of Wraith babies. It's the birthing, spawning, of the Wraith soldiers.

Chezlee
January 10th, 2008, 09:02 PM
that's in Spoils of War. As well, it's not the birth of Wraith babies. It's the birthing, spawning, of the Wraith soldiers.

What about
Females, there are no female soldiers, only queens. Ellia in Instinct was a female child wraith. Would the "spawning" process be sort of like bees or ants

Ltcolshepjumper
January 10th, 2008, 09:22 PM
What about
Females, there are no female soldiers, only queens. Ellia in Instinct was a female child wraith. Would the "spawning" process be sort of like bees or ants

No clue. But I do think Kindred will have none of that in it. JoeM hasn't said anything about a birthing scene in Kindred so, who knows.

Chezlee
January 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I didnt think there would be birthing, but maybe another clue as to the reproduction of wraith is what i was talking about. We know the queen is needed to make new wraith but I was thinking with the Ultrasound handset that we might learn more.

Nitegate
January 11th, 2008, 03:22 AM
you know people don't have to put spoilers in every post, isn't it read at your own risk anyways if you click the thread.

Chezlee
January 11th, 2008, 08:00 PM
you know people don't have to put spoilers in every post, isn't it read at your own risk anyways if you click the thread.

I am for this one because it concerns "Spoils of War"

I think the biggest question in our Carson clone being switched theory has been answered. How did Michael make a clone???? Answer: He had knowledge of the Wriath Cloning facility, or knew how the facility worked because we now know for sure the wraith have cloning technology. Anyways he took some of Beckett's DNA and either used the facility or orchastrated another means of duplication.

PG15
January 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM
So, in case no one's noticed, Gateworld has published a few photos from Kindred Part 1.

CARSON!! :D

Chezlee
January 11th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I know! He looks kind of pissed, or less "kind" i guess

Fenrir Foxz
January 11th, 2008, 09:48 PM
So, in case no one's noticed, Gateworld has published a few photos from Kindred Part 1.

CARSON!! :D

Cool! thanks for mentioning that:D

I know! He looks kind of pissed, or less "kind" i guess

I wonder why he has that expression...

Chezlee
January 11th, 2008, 09:52 PM
After being captive for over a year and my friends not coming to rescue me id be pretty pissed to I guess

BeautifulScotland
January 11th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Carson looks like he's sitting in some kind of prison.

Love it that Lorne is in "The Kindred" Are we ever going hear his first name "Evan" on screen?

Fenrir Foxz
January 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM
After being captive for over a year and my friends not coming to rescue me id be pretty pissed to I guess

Yeah, good view into his mindset... thanks;)