This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sarcophagus

I had a thought of the use of the sarcophagus. This may have come up before, if so sorry.

My thought was there is nothing wrong with them at all, no faults to fix.

My reasons. Its purpose is to heal. there are drugs and treatments known to us now that do good but can do damage if used when not needed. I feel the sarcophagus are the same. We see O'Neill put through god knows how many times and there is no apparent insanity. Daniel goes through a few times and starts to show signs of it. (Sorry I can't remember the episode names). The difference O'Neill was dead when he was inside, Daniel had no injuries (apart from the first time). So could it be that the sarcophagus only causes insanity when it is abused? The goa'uld certainly do so, as they use it to prolong there life.

O'Neill did begin to change and we are unsure if he had any withdrawl symptoms after but you are right the effects were less prominant.

AN interesting theory and certainly one that has a firm basis.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
      I had a thought of the use of the sarcophagus. This may have come up before, if so sorry.

My reasons. Its purpose is to heal. there are drugs and treatments known to us now that do good but can do damage if used when not needed. I feel the sarcophagus are the same. We see O'Neill put through god knows how many times and there is no apparent insanity. Daniel goes through a few times and starts to show signs of it. (Sorry I can't remember the episode names). The difference O'Neill was dead when he was inside, Daniel had no injuries (apart from the first time). So could it be that the sarcophagus only causes insanity when it is abused? The goa'uld certainly do so, as they use it to prolong there life.
      Daniel was put through the thing multiple times a day for WEEKS...
      Last edited by Dev Corvin; 13 June 2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Yea overuse of it has adverse effects.

Comment

So your saying I shouldn't smoke crack unless I really need it?
          Maybe I should get the meth needles out of my arms too.

On a serious note, good theory, and you could very well be right. Maybe if the "energy" from the sarcophagus that usually heals injuries has nothing to heal, it just goes to your brain and messes you up.
          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I still think they should have used a sarcophogus to bring back Janet

Comment

Agreed...I'm sure the Tok'ra could've gotten one for us...either them or Yu
              Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
              Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post

Very good theory!

I never liked the idea that a sarcophagus turns you completely crazy just because you get inside it once for healing injuries.

A sarcophagus is not the dark side of the fence.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Dark side of the fence?

Comment

dark side of the orange peel, more like
                    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                    Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
                      Agreed...I'm sure the Tok'ra could've gotten one for us...either them or Yu
                      IIRC we knew of at least 2 sarcs by that time... so i do wonder why they did not use one unless there is an actual time limit to its regeneration of a dead guy..

Comment

Working...
                      X