This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Theory

I have read many Theories concerning how long Amanda Tapping is going to stay on SGA. So here are my thoughts.

I think the Producers have bought Carter in to try and ensure that there is a season 5. If they had not made changes in the light of season 3’s ratings then they probably would not get season 5. This way they may still get season 5. If season 4’s ratings are better than season 3 then Sci-Fi are going to want to have the same cast in season 5.

Amanda Tapping has always said that she will stay with Stargate as long as they want her.

The point that some people have made on other threads concerning Amanda having been signed up for a possible season 11 of SG-1. I seem to remember reading an interview with some of the producers at the beginning of season 10 that stated that most of the Actors from SG-1 had been signed up for a possible season 11. Companies like MGM usually have get out clauses that means that if the series is cancelled then they don’t have to pay the actors for the seasons that were not made. So there was no need for the Producers to bring Carter onto Atlantis.

All this depends on many things.

1) Will there be a season 5 of Atlantis?
    2) Will the SG-1 DVD movies make enough money for more to be made?
    3) Will Amanda Tapping’s Web series Sanctuary take off?
    4) If Atlantis is cancelled after season 4 or Season 5 and the SG-1 DVD movies are successful. Will the fact that one of SG-1’s main characters is the CO of Atlantis mean that any future Stargate DVD movies might involve Atlantis?
    5) Is being involved with SG-1 the only way that Atlantis would be involved in DVD movies? MGM might not want to take the risk of Atlantis DVD movies spin off of a series that might have been cancelled after only 4 seasons.

Regardless of wether carter went to atlantis or not, s4 was always guna be better than previous seasons on the whole because tptb will have their full attention on it. Instead of dividing it between that and sg1.

Comment

1) I doubt it.
      2) I believe so.
      3) Define 'take off'.
      4) Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.
      5) Joe Mallozzi is confident that if Atlantis doesn't get renewed for season 5, MGM will find a way for it to continue in some form or another.

Comment

PTB have stated that whether or not there is a season 5 will be dependent on the back half of S3, irrespective of what changes they make in S4. If an S5 is commissioned then the decision on S6 will be dependent on S4, so they must continue to strive to make the show better in order for it continue.

We can only hope that an S5 is commissioned so that the changes that PTB make in S4 can have time to take affect and we can see the show grow beyond what we have seen so far.

Comment

I had a thought on the making of season 5 (be that with or without Carter)...

In this little video-interview Joe M and Paul M did, Joe asks begs the people to convert 5000 to 10,000 of their friend to watch to show.
          That got me thinking. I'm pretty sure season 4 is the last one we'll get, because he knows the ratings aren't high enough to get another season, otherwise he wouldn't have said that. Of course, he could have been joking for all I know.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

He's probably serious, I don't see how the last few episdos of Atlantis are going to get alot better ratings, enough to justify a season 5 if they aren't already. Then again, I'm assuming Atlantis costs less to make than SG-1, so you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              He's probably serious, I don't see how the last few episdos of Atlantis are going to get alot better ratings, enough to justify a season 5 if they aren't already. Then again, I'm assuming Atlantis costs less to make than SG-1, so you never know.
              Personally I think he was joking about the 5000/10000 bit. But not about the ratings for the 2nd half of season 3 being the determining factor.

I think that Season 5 is in the balance and they are hoping that the changes that they have made will be enough for Sci-Fi to stick with it for the 5th season and see how the ratings develop through season 4 before deciding to continue to a 6th season.

Comment

Working...
              X