Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Horrific Reveal' Speculation for Atlantis Season 4 (spoilers abound in this thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Horrific Reveal' Speculation for Atlantis Season 4 (spoilers abound in this thread)

OK, so TPTB have said it now more than once....

"The Horrific Reveal"

Go here to listen to it Atlantis Season 4 (Part 1)5:40 13MB

So what do you think they are going to do?

What will be The Horrific Reveal?

Here's one idea that was posted on another thread months ago:
    Spoiler:
    Carter is actually RepliCarter!

RepliCarter has been running Atlantis base for months.
    A Replicater was in charge of them all!!!

The problems that I see with this are
    1) since they know that the replicators are around in the Pegasus Galaxy... and since they know about human form replicators... the Carter version, in particular... wouldn't they have some kind of medical test for everyone when they arrived at Atlantis? (To test for Goauld, they scanned everyone for parasites in the neck).

2) To have RepliCarter running Atlantis would probably bring loads and loads of scoffing from scifi fans all over... because it would be too similar to the Cylon infilitrations of Battlestar Galactica. It would look like Stargate was trying to raise their ratings by stealing plot threads and such from BSG.

OK... so what are some other ideas for The Horrific Reveal?

Let the speculation run rampant.... let's have fun with this!!! There must be some wonderful ideas out there that would actually make great scifi television!

I think it has something to do with Weir. That maybe they find out something horrible has happened to her. Maybe she was somewhere they thought she was safe, and then they find out not.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist View Post
      OK, so TPTB have said it now more than once....

"The Horrific Reveal"

Go here to listen to it Atlantis Season 4 (Part 1)5:40 13MB

So what do you think they are going to do?

What will be The Horrific Reveal?

Here's one idea that was posted on another thread months ago:
      Spoiler:
      Carter is actually RepliCarter!

RepliCarter has been running Atlantis base for months.
      A Replicater was in charge of them all!!!

The problems that I see with this are
      1) since they know that the replicators are around in the Pegasus Galaxy... and since they know about human form replicators... the Carter version, in particular... wouldn't they have some kind of medical test for everyone when they arrived at Atlantis? (To test for Goauld, they scanned everyone for parasites in the neck).

2) To have RepliCarter running Atlantis would probably bring loads and loads of scoffing from scifi fans all over... because it would be too similar to the Cylon infilitrations of Battlestar Galactica. It would look like Stargate was trying to raise their ratings by stealing plot threads and such from BSG.

OK... so what are some other ideas for The Horrific Reveal?

Let the speculation run rampant.... let's have fun with this!!! There must be some wonderful ideas out there that would actually make great scifi television!
      I don't see it being that I don't see how it could be. Replicarter was killed in Reckoning Part 2. No replicators survied in MW. What else could it be, I have a good feeling it has something to do with
      Spoiler:
      Teyla's pregnancy in the seer or mabey something to do with Carson.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'm thinking Carson's return, Teyla's baby, or something to do with the Wraith.
        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          I don't see it being that I don't see how it could be. Replicarter was killed in Reckoning Part 2. No replicators survied in MW. What else could it be, I have a good feeling it has something to do with
          Spoiler:
          Teyla's pregnancy in the seer or mabey something to do with Carson.
          It's entirely possible, I mean isn't that
          Spoiler:
          the plot of the season 4 episode "Dopperganger"? Plus, she wouldn't be the same RepliCarter but an Asuran RepliCarter.

Vala,
          Last edited by Vala_M; 11 June 2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            It's entirely possible, I mean isn't that [SPOILERS]the plot of the season 4 episode "Dopperganger"? Plus, she wouldn't be the same RepliCarter but an Asuran RepliCarter.[SPOILERS/]

Vala,
            You mean Doppleganger? If I remember correctly it's supposed to be a shepard ep not carter, am I wrong?

Comment

You mean Doppleganger? If I remember correctly it's supposed to be a shepard ep not carter, am I wrong?
              You're correct. It's a Shep ep but it's not with the Asurans, it's a 'crystal entity' like in Cold Lazerus (or however you spell it)

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                You're correct. It's a Shep ep but it's not with the Asurans, it's a 'crystal entity' like in Cold Lazerus (or however you spell it)
                Ah I remember that now, I wonder if it's the same crystal race.

Comment

For the record, I've created a transcript of that vid and the phrase "horrific reveal" was never used.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    For the record, I've created a transcript of that vid and the phrase "horrific reveal" was never used.
                    Can you say, "Oops."

Well, the thread still good, anyways.

Comment

Well, who's to say the Asurans can't do the same? The SG-1 replicators could, the Asurans are more advanced (in certain aspects like integrating organic matter) than the SG-1 replicators, they should be able to replicate individuals as well.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Well, who's to say the Asurans can't do the same? The SG-1 replicators could, the Asurans are more advanced (in certain aspects like integrating organic matter) than the SG-1 replicators, they should be able to replicate individuals as well.

Vala,
                        They theoretically COULD but 'doppelganger' isn't about that. Many (including myself) think that that could play into Carson's return.

Comment

I think it ws on JM's blog where he mentioned there being a 'horrific reveal'. He also said that it would affect relationships. Teyla's pregnancy comes to my mind, although since it is in This Mortal Coil, and Dr. Weir is going to be in this one, I'm kinda hoping it's something to do with her.
                          Sig by Camy

Comment

Spoiler, Spoiler.. If you don't want info about season 4, don't read.

For information about season 4 episode check on Wikipedia. Although it only has for certain episodes. Doubleganger, Travelers, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by majortrip View Post
                              I think it ws on JM's blog where he mentioned there being a 'horrific reveal'. He also said that it would affect relationships. Teyla's pregnancy comes to my mind, although since it is in This Mortal Coil, and Dr. Weir is going to be in this one, I'm kinda hoping it's something to do with her.
                              Could be though I'm betting it's about Teyla's bun in the oven.

Comment

Working...
                              X