This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Guide profiles final SG1 episode

If you don't like spoilers, do NOT buy the issue. Or buy it and wait until the series is done, and if you don't want spoilers on the movies, buy it and wait until summer '08 to read it.

Here are the spoilers on "Unending" and "Ark of Truth"

Spoiler:
    * Vala and Daniel become lovers

* Ark of Truth - "focuses on the Ori's threat to Earth and a device that may
    deprogram its soldiers."

* "Continuum," coming next spring, will feature an alternate-timeline story
    in which O'Neill, Carter and Mitchell find themselves in the 1939 Arctic
    battling Nazis - and an old alien enmy - over the newly discovered gate.

Nazis??? Ohgoodlord, didn't they do that plot ripoff in Enterprise already? Not to mention half a dozen really bad movies on SciFi??

Spoiler:
    Well, technically, the original DHD WAS taken by the Germans/Nazis, as I recall

Comment

Woo, that spoiler for Continuum has really piqued my... No, sorry, can't do it.

Spoiler:
      Nazis? Seriously? They can time-travel/AU to any period, and they have to go for the vastly overused Nazi bad guy route?
      Oh [Insert Deity Here], I hope no one thinks it will be funny to have a Daniel Jackson/Indiana Jones routine.

If so it was the DHD from Egypt which was taken since the Arctic one was definitely still there in Solitudes. But changing it to the Arctic one makes it AU I suppose.

Comment

Have to say, I lost interest in Continuum as soon as I heard
        Spoiler:
        it was going to be a time travel story. Moebius totally destroyed my faith in Stargate's ability to do time travel (I do my best to pretend those episodes don't exist). It really sounds like the Stargate version of StarTrek's First Contact. Which wasn't a stellar movie.

That's not to say I won't buy it....I probably will, just so I have a complete set. But... I'm certainly not waiting with baited breath.
        Last edited by Killdeer; 12 June 2007, 04:41 AM.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

A little more spoilers

Spoiler:
          Isn't this supposed to be with Vala as Quetesh? And if it takes place in 1939, doesn't that go against Family Ties and how long Vala was supposed to be a Goa'uld? I thought she was just one for about 20 years or so?
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

What?! First Contact was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              What?! First Contact was awesome!
              if your referring to the 8th Star Trek film, that took place in the mid 21st century.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, and it was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Yeah, and it was awesome!
                  Yes it was. No spoilers below, I just put it in for the heck of it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Top 3 Star Trek Films
                  • First Contact
                  • Undiscovered Country
                  • Wrath of Khan
                  sigpic

Comment

I pretty much agree with that completely.

Comment

Man, that actually sounds stupid. I hope the part about Continuum is fake/misinturpreted.
                      Spoiler:
                      Plus, how are Jack, Mitchell and Carter back in 1939? I thought that this movie was ths same as Moebius where SG-1 ended up-wise, not a double time travel movie.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                        Man, that actually sounds stupid. I hope the part about Continuum is fake/misinturpreted.
                        Spoiler:
                        Plus, how are Jack, Mitchell and Carter back in 1939? I thought that this movie was ths same as Moebius where SG-1 ended up-wise, not a double time travel movie.

Vala,
                        Yea, it sounds very confusing
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                          A little more spoilers

Spoiler:
                          Isn't this supposed to be with Vala as Quetesh? And if it takes place in 1939, doesn't that go against Family Ties and how long Vala was supposed to be a Goa'uld? I thought she was just one for about 20 years or so?
                          Yes it is. Unless.....

Spoiler:
                          Maybe they have Mitchell, Carter, and O'Neill in that timeperiod, and Daniel in the present altered timeperiod with Quetesh. Which is....a little frustrating too. I would have preferred to have the team together. I know MS was filming for 24, but still....

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                          Yes it was. No spoilers below, I just put it in for the heck of it.
                          Spoiler:
                          Top 3 Star Trek Films
                          • First Contact
                          • Undiscovered Country
                          • Wrath of Khan
                          Hmm.

Spoiler:
                          Wrath of Khan. Yes. Probably best ever (except I haven't seen Nemesis so...).
                          Undiscovered Country. No. Sorry. Can't agree there. This one was not so good, though not as bad as Final Frontier.
                          First Contact. Hmmm. Honestly, now that I think about it, it's been over ten years since I've seen this film. So... possibly I'm judging it too harshly. Since you all insist, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

However, Stargate is another matter, and I still declare that they should have been banned from writing timetravel stories after Moebius. IMO of course.
                          Last edited by Killdeer; 12 June 2007, 04:41 AM.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Well as I recall for continuium Ba'al is supossed to mess up the timeline to the point SG-1 never is created. My bet is that we see Vala as Quetesh in the altered present as well as the rest of the team and we have to head to the point in the past where Ba'al screwed things up, my guess 1939. It actually sounds very interesting.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

You know guys, as Continuum is a time travel story, any bit of plot must be confusing. That's the whole point.

It's not until you get the whole thing that it even begins to make sense, so let's wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                              X