This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis At The Spaceys! ( Spoilers)

As some of you may know, The Spaceys is a Sci-Fi award show here in Canada that's produced for the Space channel, which is like SciFi, but no where near as supremely screwed up and full of jackasses working there and those people can KISS MY ASS!!

Ahem, I mean...yeah, so the Space Channel is a pretty cool...channel, and the Spaceys have since become a great annual event. This year, Atlantis was featured a lot, so I thought it'd be nice to record it and share the Atlantis bits with those who didn't get to see it.

Atlantis won 2 awards: Favorite TV Character (Rodney) and Best TV Show. Both resulted in hilarious acceptance "speeches" from David Hewlett as well as most of the main cast + David Nykl. The Award show also began on the Atlantis sets with one of those "Award host mingle with shows in the awards" sketches that you see a lot, but unlike most "official" awards, this was actually pretty funny.

There was also a short ending bit with a little more Hewlett madness and Joe Flanigan...once again, they aren't together, sorry.

Enough rambling, see the compilation vid HERE (~13 minutes, ~50 mb)

It's a pretty big file (as you can see), so watch out for that...even though the quality isn't all that great; sorry, best I can do.

Enjoy!

(For those who don't use Rapidshare: scroll down to the bottom, click "free", enter the code on the next page, then click "download via (something); the download prompt thing should show up after that)

i already commented in a different thread (here http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=1#post6763686 ) so i won't here again...but thanks for loading the video
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Thanks for the vid. Torri should have been there receiving the award too, she also helped make the show what it used to be, a great show. This sucks her not being there. At least they had enough sense not to include Tapping and the actress playing the new doctor in the scene when they were fighting for the award.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        As some of you may know, The Spaceys is a Sci-Fi award show here in Canada that's produced for the Space channel, which is like SciFi, but no where near as supremely screwed up and full of jackasses working there and those people can KISS MY ASS!!

Ahem, I mean...yeah, so the Space Channel is a pretty cool...channel, and the Spaceys have since become a great annual event. This year, Atlantis was featured a lot, so I thought it'd be nice to record it and share the Atlantis bits with those who didn't get to see it.

Atlantis won 2 awards: Favorite TV Character (Rodney) and Best TV Show. Both resulted in hilarious acceptance "speeches" from David Hewlett as well as most of the main cast + David Nykl. The Award show also began on the Atlantis sets with one of those "Award host mingle with shows in the awards" sketches that you see a lot, but unlike most "official" awards, this was actually pretty funny.

There was also a short ending bit with a little more Hewlett madness and Joe Flanigan...once again, they aren't together, sorry.

It's a pretty big file (as you can see), so watch out for that...even though the quality isn't all that great; sorry, best I can do.

Enjoy!

(For those who don't use Rapidshare: scroll down to the bottom, click "free", enter the code on the next page, then click "download via (something); the download prompt thing should show up after that)
        I adore this vid! Very funny! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks to the lovely Pegasus SGA for the awesome sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          Thanks for the vid. Torri should have been there receiving the award too, she also helped make the show what it used to be, a great show. This sucks her not being there. At least they had enough sense not to include Tapping and the actress playing the new doctor in the scene when they were fighting for the award.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Enjoy!

GREAT vid!

And I have to add...David's acceptance...funniest acceptance ever.

(((((((David Hewlett))))))

Also...I love those uniforms. Form fitting and way cool.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thanks for uploading this!

Your effort is very much appreciated!

Comment

Thanks for uploading this Just downloading now. Can't wait to see David's accepting speech lol

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
                ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

David Hewlett is so funny.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

LOL! David is so cool in a geeky way! That was great even if I can't hear now.

It was like Kermit the frog on crack!

Comment

rofl
                      "Did you present a Spacey award to SG1?"

ahahaha

Looks like the cast is getting along great, Season 4 should be awesome

Comment

Oh awesome - thank you!

Comment

thanks PG15...that was some funny stuff!!

And congrats to the cast!

Spoiler:
                          And i have to say Rachel Luttrell definitely looked larger there...
                          -thanks Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel

Thanks Camy!!

Comment

oh no! tried to download but it gave the message that it had reached the freedownload limit ? help???

sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

yay for the spacey vid

thanks a bunch~

Comment

Working...
                              X