This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter's status in Season 4 (Spoilers)

Anyone know if Carter is still apart of the military? The new screen shots I have seen she in a civilian Atlantis uniform, and there has been no military rank when people say the character's name.

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
    Anyone know if Carter is still apart of the military? The new screen shots I have seen she in a civilian Atlantis uniform, and there has been no military rank when people say the character's name.
    There's a picture in JM's blog of Amanda and Jason goofing around. Amanda is wearing an Air Force uniform under a pink jacket.

Comment

I would assume she still is because an early shot in the dressing room she had an af uniform on, but in the new shots I didnt pay close enough atention to notice that it was a civilian uniform, but I do think she is still in the AF.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

From SciFi Wire Article

Spoiler:
        "In fact, when she joins them she's a full-bird colonel,

full article HERE

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

When what people say the character's name? We've not actually seen any clips of the show with her in where there is sound. Are you referring to the writers etc saying her name?

I wouldn't get too fixed on the fact that she is wearing a "civilian" Atlantis uniform... up until late Season 3 where he got the black BDUs, Sheppard wore the same Atlantis uniform as Weir. And we even saw McKay wearing a variation of the military BDUs towards the end of Season 3.... I think the uniforms are pretty interchangeable.
          sigpic

Comment

Quick qustion-- When Col Carter comes to Atlantis, she is goning to be taking over from Wier right? Well with that in mind John is has a higher rank, than her, but yet she will be still be the leader of Atlantis, that doesn't make sence!!

Can someone please Enlighten me?
            This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
            Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
            we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StevenCaldwell View Post
              Quick qustion-- When Col Carter comes to Atlantis, she is goning to be taking over from Wier right? Well with that in mind John is has a higher rank, than her, but yet she will be still be the leader of Atlantis, that doesn't make sence!!

Can someone please Enlighten me?
              Sure.

To clarify, Carter has the higher rank. She's his superior officer, not the other way around.

Source:
              http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=41871&type=0

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                Sure.

To clarify, Carter has the higher rank. She's his superior officer, not the other way around.

Source:
                http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=41871&type=0

So even if Carter is a colonel and John is a Lt colonel, she will still be the S-O on Atlantis?

sigpic

Comment

So even if Carter is a colonel and John is a Lt colonel, she will still be the S-O on Atlantis?
                  Spoiler:
                  Colonel outranks Lt Colonel.
                  Even if they remained the same rank then Carter was the senior officer.
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Colonel outranks Lt Colonel.
                    Even if they remained the same rank then Carter was the senior officer.
                    oh i thought Lt col outranked col, thanks for clearing things up for me RealmOfX!

Caldwell out!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                      When what people say the character's name? We've not actually seen any clips of the show with her in where there is sound. Are you referring to the writers etc saying her name?

I wouldn't get too fixed on the fact that she is wearing a "civilian" Atlantis uniform... up until late Season 3 where he got the black BDUs, Sheppard wore the same Atlantis uniform as Weir. And we even saw McKay wearing a variation of the military BDUs towards the end of Season 3.... I think the uniforms are pretty interchangeable.
                      I think what ColCaldwell is asking is, why is Carter wearing the civilian atlantis uniform? The different classifications are red=civilian, blue=scientist, yellow=medical, balck=military, green=technician. Why is Carter wearing red? She should be wearing black.

And why did Carter get promoted? Was it just because she was picked to take command of Atlantis?
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                        I think what ColCaldwell is asking is, why is Carter wearing the civilian atlantis uniform? The different classifications are red=civilian, blue=scientist, yellow=medical, balck=military, green=technician. Why is Carter wearing red? She should be wearing black.

And why did Carter get promoted? Was it just because she was picked to take command of Atlantis?
                        It might happen in one of the movies...

Comment

Hey there folks,

I don't normally play around here but this is just another thought and I thought I'd share...:-)

Red = Command Level Personnel
                          Blue = Science Level Personnel
                          Yellow = Medical Level Personnel
                          Black = Field Level Personnel
                          Green = Support Level Personnel

Just an idea that could work and yes as I understand it from reading Sam gets promoted to full bird Colonel therefore she would still be in the miltiary, it's unclear where Season 4 appears after the SG1 movies, before or during or after so it's possible she's promoted in the movies if they happen before.

As I said above just an idea, if you look at the shots on gateworld then they're all wearing the pretty 'ugly' uniforms in my opinion and only the stripe across it is different color. Amanda's hair has grown on me but not sure the new uniforms have or not yet...I'm thinking on it. LOL

Melissa
                          Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                          Melissa

Comment

oh i thought Lt col outranked col, thanks for clearing things up for me RealmOfX!

Caldwell out!
                            No Realm is right Col is higher than LtCol so she will be his supperior.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              I've been wondering why Sam is getting her eagles as well. It still feels too early for me. With Sam holding the rank of Lt. Colonel a year or two longer than Sheppard, surely there is no need for her to be promoted for the sole purpose of taking over command of Atlantis?

edit: Of course she can be promoted to a full Colonel. It's only a science fantasy, I mean fiction show after all. It's not meant to be realistic.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X