This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The use of Ancient DNA

The SGC has an Ancient woman frozen somewhere in Antartica, right?
    Couldn't they use some of her DNA so the Asgard can clone an Ancient?
    (Could take a while but the woman has enough hairs for DNA)
    So an Ancient who is ascended can take over the body.
    Because the Ori can.

Originally posted by dutchman NL View Post
    Because the Ori can.
    Why would they want to do that?

I realise what you are thinking but I dont see how it could really work, the ancient would be able to descend if he wanted to anyways without requiring a body, he just have to give up knowledge, just like Adria had to. If not, the ancient will end up like Orlin.

In effect they will just get a far less advanced Adria, only healing powers and the same amount of knowledge, it dosnt seem worth it, an Ancient willing to do this would be far more vaulable fighting for the MW galaxy on the higher planes then in a corporeal form.

Comment

Originally posted by dutchman NL View Post
      Because the Ori can.
      You can not do it because she is dead.

Comment

It sorta pointless to clone Ayianna (sp) because she died at the end of that particular episode. Although Doc Fraiser should have been able to learn alot about advanced ancient physiology given she didnt ascend after healling everyone. On that note, its a shame earth couldnt get a hold of merlin's body....talk about interesting.

Comment

The Asgard could have used the DNA somehow to solve their cloning problem.
          sigpic
          "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
          Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
            Pure speculation, they are two entirely different species.

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
              Considering that the Asgard and Ancients were allies, I'm sure the Asgard had a record of some ancient DNA. They probably would have explored that option long ago when they were first faced with their cloning problem. It obviously didn't work.
              Godspeed, Don.

Comment

And along with everything that's been said...

Spoiler:
                The Asgard are all dead anyway so it wouldn't matter...
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

All the asgard realistically need is a vessel to handle their massive intellects. I've always thought they could combine a Hok'Taur with the Orbanian nanites designed to make humans smarter.
                  But i can't see that happening....

Comment

Ohh,,, use of the nanites is an interesting idea... I wonder if tey could use a normal human and then input nanites to iincrease their brain holding capacity..

Comment

I think that the Asgard already had Ancient DNA somewhere, and would have cloned an Ancient if they really could have, but paraphrasing something Thor mentioned, even ' they have barely begun to scratch the surface of Ancient knowledge. '

Response to “I just found out that the brain is like a computer. If that’s true, then there really aren’t any stupid people. Just people running DOS.”

L O L
                      Last edited by starshineRoxie; 24 October 2007, 11:14 AM.
                      StarshineRoxie
                      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X