PDA

View Full Version : The "Midway" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3

PG15
June 8th, 2007, 05:34 PM
JM has dropped off another title! It is uncertain where Midway is on the airing order, but there are 2 things we do know:

1. Carl Binder is writing it.
2. It has been described as the "big-crossover" episode.

By the way, Mitch and Vala are NOT appearing in this episode, as JM has confirmed that as well. In fact, they won't appear at all in Season 4.

Alipeeps
June 8th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Interesting title, given this previous spoiler from JM:

The midway station will be featured in season 4.
Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (February 23 entry)

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Very interesting. I can't wait to see what the midway station looks like now. I was hoping to see it again.

Naonak
June 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Assuming that it is something to do with the Midway Station (which seems likely), I can think of two possible stories:
- Somebody gets stuck there somehow, maybe with only limited air/supplies (could be a bit similar to Quarantine, though)
-Somebody finds out about it that we really don't want finding out about it (Asurans, Wraith...)

SGFerrit
June 9th, 2007, 09:35 AM
We should ask on Joe's blog if this is about the station or not, just to be sure:)

cshawzye
June 9th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Assuming that it is something to do with the Midway Station (which seems likely), I can think of two possible stories:
- Somebody gets stuck there somehow, maybe with only limited air/supplies (could be a bit similar to Quarantine, though)
-Somebody finds out about it that we really don't want finding out about it (Asurans, Wraith...) Your first guess was mine also. Either that or I figured it might be a couple people in a Jumper, say Sam and McKay, getting stuck together. But there again you have Quarantine situation, and if it was Sam/McKay they might as well just re-title it "Grace Under Pressure: Revisited."

I like the idea that the wraith somehow find out about the station. It'd definitely be an interesting storyline.

Cautious Explorer
June 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Maybe it's not just referring to the midway station. Don't forget the Battle of Midway. Maybe this is an episode for all those that love space battles?

garhkal
June 9th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Good point on the battle of midway.. But i would like to know how the wraith wold get to the station, let alone find it.

vaberella
June 9th, 2007, 12:37 PM
No way I think I got it. It's an AU storyline. AU people meet SGA real world people....bless him for that!

I want to see scientific Shep! Is Weir in this, I wonder if she's an Athosian ala Purple_cube's old sig. Woohoo!!

I wanna see Rod. I loved Rod...and I loved my Rodney, but I wanna see Rod again. Did we ever find out if Rod is allergic to citrus? <---Just something that popped in my head. :D

monkey_man132
June 9th, 2007, 02:37 PM
JM has dropped off another title! It is uncertain where Midway is on the airing order, but there are 2 things we do know:

1. Carl Binder is writing it.
2. It has been described as the "big-crossover" episode.

By the way, Mitch and Vala are NOT appearing in this episode, as JM has confirmed that as well. In fact, they won't appear at all in Season 4....cool. Maybe its about the midway station being built. :)

prion
June 9th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe it's not just referring to the midway station. Don't forget the Battle of Midway. Maybe this is an episode for all those that love space battles?

For me, Midway will always be WWII. http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq81-1.htm provides the details. I'm not THAT old but I think most people who hear the name won't even equate it to WW II (particularly after I got a glimpse of how they teach history in high school. eegads!)

No way I think I got it. It's an AU storyline. AU people meet SGA real world people....bless him for that!

I want to see scientific Shep! Is Weir in this, I wonder if she's an Athosian ala Purple_cube's old sig. Woohoo!!

I wanna see Rod. I loved Rod...and I loved my Rodney, but I wanna see Rod again. Did we ever find out if Rod is allergic to citrus? <---Just something that popped in my head. :D

No no no, no AUs! Those are the holodecks of Stargate. You do stuff that's life changing, etc., but when all it said and done, it never happened, so they're sort of a cheat.

prion
June 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Very interesting. I can't wait to see what the midway station looks like now. I was hoping to see it again.

Your wish has been granted... this is a SPOILER image of the midway station, from the set in canada. Mind you, it's not completed, but you can get a pretty good idea of just how cool the station is gonna be.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c365/wraithfodder/newmidwaystation-1.jpg

PG15
June 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM
AWE. SOME. darn "no-all-capitals" rule

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Your wish has been granted... this is a SPOILER image of the midway station, from the set in canada. Mind you, it's not completed, but you can get a pretty good idea of just how cool the station is gonna be.

LOL very funny.

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 05:43 PM
. You do stuff that's life changing, etc., but when all it said and done, it never happened, so they're sort of a cheat.

Hey I love the Holodeck stories as well as AU. I like the battle of Midway idea also I think it be interesting if the Wraith or Asurans find the station.

vaberella
June 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM
No no no, no AUs! Those are the holodecks of Stargate. You do stuff that's life changing, etc., but when all it said and done, it never happened, so they're sort of a cheat.

Poo on you. I liked Rod. I wanted to see him come back. :mckay:

I'm debating on whether that was the cabin in Dog Soldiers or the cabin that had a special feature showing in my nightmares of Zombie attacks. Let me tell you, the walls were like wallpaper. :D

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM

Same here. Though I kinda would like to see nerdy Shep.

prion
June 9th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Hey I love the Holodeck stories as well as AU. I like the battle of Midway idea also I think it be interesting if the Wraith or Asurans find the station.

I'd like a good battle episode, with Wraith.

I'm debating on whether that was the cabin in Dog Soldiers or the cabin that had a special feature showing in my nightmares of Zombie attacks. Let me tell you, the walls were like wallpaper. :D

Well, that cabin is in B.C. and Dog Soldiers (I've got the DVD) was filmed in the UK ;)

Same here. Though I kinda would like to see nerdy Shep.

OOh, the stuff of nightmares! ;)

vaberella
June 9th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Well, that cabin is in B.C. and Dog Soldiers (I've got the DVD) was filmed in the UK ;)

Hahaha!! Don't I know it. I was working at UGC, while in Uni when it premiered. Lived in London for 4 years. It's one of my favorite movies. My favorite line was what the woman said right before she transformed. Favorite scene was the fight in the kitchen. That man used every utensil known to man, before he was unfortunately din-din. Are you into lycanthrope films? They're a personal fave along with zombies and vampires----they should never ever share a movie. Well except, Hellsing The Anime. :D

No more DS talk. :D We can pm each other to oblivion. What's B.C.?

OOh, the stuff of nightmares! ;)

Fine, how about metro-sexual Ronon? You know you want it.

AU would be cool to have on tv. Don't you want to see what their Atlantis looks like? What if their greatest enemy was the Furlings?! :S

Maltrancko
June 10th, 2007, 05:53 AM
How we going to see a big crossover component, which storyline from SG1 will it crossover from?

Any thoughts on the crossover part, when apparently Tealc and Ronan meet in Renunion

vaberella
June 10th, 2007, 06:26 AM
How we going to see a big crossover component, which storyline from SG1 will it crossover from?

Any thoughts on the crossover part, when apparently Tealc and Ronan meet in Renunion

How do you figure it's SG1 related? JM said no SG1 characters in SGA's second half I believe. So SG1 means nothing with this crossover. Unless it's a bad guy...my friend really wants Ba'al to show up and mack with Teyla. :D

Maltrancko
June 10th, 2007, 07:26 AM
i never said it would be a character crossover, just a show crossover, my guess would be another trust episode

vaberella
June 10th, 2007, 07:31 AM
i never said it would be a character crossover, just a show crossover, my guess would be another trust episode

I'm still catching your meaning, actually I'm more confused. Are you speaking as in an ep similar to SG1?

Cause I think a trust episode will be with 'Quarantine' which might be the relationship episode----which could raise trust issues.

Maltrancko
June 10th, 2007, 07:35 AM
no i mean THE TRUST from Collatoral Damage in S2

vaberella
June 10th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Oh, don't know SG1 eps like that. Sorry I misunderstood you. :D

*Erika*
June 10th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Oh, don't know SG1 eps like that. Sorry I misunderstood you. :D
The Trust is an organization from Earth. The one the implanted the goaul'd on Caldwell.

Maltrancko
June 10th, 2007, 08:30 AM
they in SG1 led a group of corporations that were benefiting from the alien technology found from the gate, disagreeing with the current earth policies on stargate technology procurement they tried many tactics to gain control, see Robert Kinsey in the Omnipedia, also they made and attempt to destroy Atlantis by causing a ZPM overload in the latter half of season 2.

I would imagine this to be the best crossover idea, my guess being that whilst we have used our only ZPM AGAIN!! the mid point is relied on for travel, and is subsequently attacked taken over etc....

*Erika*
June 10th, 2007, 08:37 AM
they in SG1 led a group of corporations that were benefiting from the alien technology found from the gate, disagreeing with the current earth policies on stargate technology procurement they tried many tactics to gain control, see Robert Kinsey in the Omnipedia, also they made and attempt to destroy Atlantis by causing a ZPM overload in the latter half of season 2.

I would imagine this to be the best crossover idea, my guess being that whilst we have used our only ZPM AGAIN!! the mid point is relied on for travel, and is subsequently attacked taken over etc....
It would be logical to think that the Trust would want to get their hands on the midway station and blow it up to prevent the Wraith and now also the Assurans from coming over to the MW. They must be pissed at this.

prion
June 10th, 2007, 11:03 AM
It would be logical to think that the Trust would want to get their hands on the midway station and blow it up to prevent the Wraith and now also the Assurans from coming over to the MW. They must be pissed at this.

Ack, the Trust, the NID, all those conspiracy folk. had enough with X-Files so I bailed on that show till they go back to the paranormal stuff. That's why I liked SGA cut off from Earth. We didn't have all those stupid government conspiracy things.

*Erika*
June 10th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Ack, the Trust, the NID, all those conspiracy folk. had enough with X-Files so I bailed on that show till they go back to the paranormal stuff. That's why I liked SGA cut off from Earth. We didn't have all those stupid government conspiracy things.
ITA. This conspiracy thing is really tiring.

garhkal
June 10th, 2007, 05:42 PM

Unless they USE the gate system to get there, i cannot see them getting there.

any_gopher
June 10th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Okay... this episode has me very excited. A finished Midway Station hopefully? Woo!

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Unless they USE the gate system to get there, i cannot see them getting there.

Why not? The Asurans have ships as advanced as the Ancients if not more so. They could easily get there, the Wraith could too it just would take a while to get there.

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2007, 08:17 PM

I'd quite like it if that was the case. I like that part of the stories.

Maltrancko
June 11th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Maybe the Travellers find it? and take it hostage for Sheppard or for the Gene Therapy?

Alan
June 11th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Is there any clue about which character from SG-1 is going to be appearing in this? I know that Joseph Mallozzi's already discounted Mitchell and Vala so that just leaves Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, General Hammond, General Landry, or Jonas.

I pray and hope it'll be Jack. I wanna see him reunited with Sam on Atlantis or back on Earth.

Maltrancko
June 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM
any word from anyone about RDA's future involvement in the franchise post SG1 movies? or will he just phone it?

Ltcolshepjumper
June 11th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Is there any clue about which character from SG-1 is going to be appearing in this? I know that Joseph Mallozzi's already discounted Mitchell and Vala so that just leaves Jack, Daniel, Teal'c, General Hammond, General Landry, or Jonas.

I pray and hope it'll be Jack. I wanna see him reunited with Sam on Atlantis or back on Earth.

IT's not Daniel or Jack, as I recall him dismissing those two as well. I don't think it's Gen. hammond, so I guess that leaves teal'c. Definitely not Jonas. Maybe Gen landry? Did he actually say it was a main SG-1 character? It could be one of SG-1's many recurring characters.

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Dr Bill Lee is supposed to be in an episode of SGA somewhere, based on information JM has posted previously.... and he was involved in the midway station project, I think? At least, in The Return Landry asked him to look at ways to destroy it...

*Erika*
June 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Dr Bill Lee is supposed to be in an episode of SGA somewhere, based on information JM has posted previously.... and he was involved in the midway station project, I think? At least, in The Return Landry asked him to look at ways to destroy it...
Mmmmm... Interesting

Mitchell82
June 11th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I've heard many theories about who may apear and I know Teal'c is suposed to have a cameo but I think that is in the first half, so mabey Gen Landry or Bill would be my guess.

Pharaoh Atem
June 12th, 2007, 06:12 AM
me think it has to do with the mid way station .....haven't heard anything about it since return pt 2

Mitchell82
June 12th, 2007, 08:33 AM
me think it has to do with the mid way station .....haven't heard anything about it since return pt 2

I know it be nice to see if it's completed now.

Pharaoh Atem
June 12th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I know it be nice to see if it's completed now.

or if there are rebuilding it..landry did want it destroyed in return pt 2

Mitchell82
June 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
or if there are rebuilding it..landry did want it destroyed in return pt 2

Yeah but they didnt do it.

Ravroz
June 12th, 2007, 09:19 AM
I would like to see the possibility of an unfriendly force discovering the secret of utilizing the gate bridge and taking over the midway station. Of course I wouldn't like to see Landry get the chance to take it out using his nice mk 9 warheards though.

Col. Shadow Quinn
June 12th, 2007, 09:54 AM

Dr. Steven Caldwell, Col. Elizabeth Weir, Dr. John Shepherd, Lt. Col. Merideth McKay, Dr. Lorne, Maj. Radek Zelenka, etc...

Good point on the battle of midway.. But i would like to know how the wraith wold get to the station, let alone find it.

The SGA team is sent back to World War 2 and have to fight in the battle of Midway.

Mitchell82
June 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
I would like to see the possibility of an unfriendly force discovering the secret of utilizing the gate bridge and taking over the midway station. Of course I wouldn't like to see Landry get the chance to take it out using his nice mk 9 warheards though.

I'd like that too, just no nuking the station.

prion
June 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM
any word from anyone about RDA's future involvement in the franchise post SG1 movies? or will he just phone it?

I won't comment on Jack and phoning in an appearance in his last season on SG1 as I don't want to barbecued and flamed ;) but so far, no sign of RDA. He's doing one SG1 movie, so that's probably it.

prion
June 12th, 2007, 03:34 PM
The SGA team is sent back to World War 2 and have to fight in the battle of Midway.

Good lord, no, that's almost the plot of the second SG1 movie, the team going back and fighting Nazis in 1939!

SGFerrit
June 19th, 2007, 11:23 AM
1. Mallozzi has confirmed that the SG1 vs Nazis stuff is made-up BS

2. I read this on wikipedia:

"Atlantis will be forced to fly back to earth after receiving word that a new destructive force is on its way."

Doubt it's true though. But, if this is a VERY late s4 episode, then maybe it is the run up to the Asurans coming to the MW and launching an all out attack against Earth, now that SG-1 and the Ori won't be around anymore? Again, I doubt it, just speculating.

Konrad9
June 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Good lord, no, that's almost the plot of the second SG1 movie, the team going back and fighting Nazis in 1939!

Uh.
The second Stargate movie turned in to Independence Day, so I seriously doubt that.

jenks
June 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Uh.
The second Stargate movie turned in to Independence Day, so I seriously doubt that.

Key phrase: 'second SG1 movie'.

The Orion
June 19th, 2007, 06:57 PM
I read on wikipedia (i know its not the most reliable) that in "Midway" atlantis will have to fly back to earth. I was wondering how that is possible because they only usually have one zpm and the drilling platform is on Lantea or destroyed. Also they didn't seem to go very far with one zpm

thoughts?

penguininablender
June 19th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Like you said...seeing that it is WIkipedia.....

SG13-NightOps
June 19th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Wiki not being overly reliable on stuff like this - I will speculate that IF Atlantis is to get a new power source then it could be....

The Asgard core? Cant be leaving it behind in Milky Way when all the cameras are in the pegasus galaxy!

The Orion
June 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I know its Wikipedia but all their other season 4 spoilers are right. I just found this one hard to believe. Also another summary is that carter is looking over Asgard upgrades on the deadelus so they must have been able to duplicate the technology why not a APC

Commander Ivanova
June 20th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Beats me, unless ... they manage to harness the radiant energy of Carter's shining squeaky-clean persona.

BewareofthePhil
June 20th, 2007, 12:43 AM
To be honest, it's pretty obvious they'll get a new power source of somekind, be it a ZPM or Asgard tech. It'd be a pretty short series without one ;)

StevenCaldwell
June 20th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Well we would need another power source because all those systems link into the ZPM would be offline. Plus we wouldn't stand a chance if we ran into the Wraith.

But what i thought could happen is that-

In the opisode " adrift " Carter finds Atlantis and beams her ZPM onboard

Wether that will happen i dont know.

prion
June 20th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I read on wikipedia (i know its not the most reliable) that in "Midway" atlantis will have to fly back to earth. I was wondering how that is possible because they only usually have one zpm and the drilling platform is on Lantea or destroyed. Also they didn't seem to go very far with one zpm

thoughts?

WEll, as soon as you said Wikipedia I figured anybody could have stuck that in there. ALthough Commander Ivanova's comment below had me laughing!

Wraith_Boy
June 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM

thoughts?

I think it's more likely that someone got mixed up. From what I imagine, in that ep, they use the Midway Station to go back to Earth. Most likely onboard a PJ. Someone may have heard that they go back to Earth then assumed that it would be aboard Atlantis.

They won't get a new power source because JM said previously that the need for ZPM's will be as great as ever in his blog. Not to mention if Atlantis could go back to the MW, then there would never be a need for it to return to Pegasus. They could keep that on Earth or close to the Earth, then base themselves on Daedalus or Apollo while in Pegasus.

Atlantis I'd imagine will go back to Earth or the MW, however I can only see that being in the last ep or two ever of the show!

prion
June 20th, 2007, 10:10 AM
I think it's more likely that someone got mixed up. From what I imagine, in that ep, they use the Midway Station to go back to Earth. Most likely onboard a PJ. Someone may have heard that they go back to Earth then assumed that it would be aboard Atlantis.

They won't get a new power source because JM said previously that the need for ZPM's will be as great as ever in his blog. Not to mention if Atlantis could go back to the MW, then there would never be a need for it to return to Pegasus. They could keep that on Earth or close to the Earth, then base themselves on Daedalus or Apollo while in Pegasus.

Atlantis I'd imagine will go back to Earth or the MW, however I can only see that being in the last ep or two ever of the show!

Eek, that last line sounds suspiciously like what they did with ST: VOyager. I so hated how they ended that show (but I'm over it now, really, I am) ;)

Steve_the_Wraith
June 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I know its Wikipedia but all their other season 4 spoilers are right. I just found this one hard to believe. Also another summary is that carter is looking over Asgard upgrades on the deadelus so they must have been able to duplicate the technology why not a APC
The other spoilers are right becuase the wrong ones get taken down fairly quickly. This rumour will probably be taken down fairly quickly

Don't trust Wikipedia, a few months ago someone read off Wikipedia that McKay would die in Adrift, and be brought back to life by an Ancient Machine - this turned out to be completely made up

The Orion
June 20th, 2007, 10:41 AM
True about mckay dieing is just retarded and unbeleivable but this seems totally possible.

TechnoWraith
June 20th, 2007, 10:49 AM
On the lighter side of things:

After much conjecture and research, the new atlantis power source has been determined:

Following the development of Project Wheel, the new environmentally friendly, yet effectve power generation source for intergalactic expeditions has been revealed.

Introducing Hamster Wheel 3.0!

An innovative remake on the age-old hamster wheel. Yes! Your hamster can power Atlantis! Thanks to the new Asgard Power Converter designed by O'Neill sometime during SG-1, Hamster Power Inc. adapted the technology to allow your hamster to generate over 450 terrawatts of power just by running in a wheel! Yes! YOUR hamster can support the entire United States daily electricl requirements just by running in a wheel for 30 minutes. This incredible technology is available as an upgrade kit or as a complete stand-alone kit. Both kits include the New Hamster Ergo Wheel, a complete redesign of the traditional hamster wheel. Ergonomically placed treading and comfort guard solid state decking ensure your hamster enjoys a healthy, safe running session on the New ErgoWheel.

Included in the upgrade kit:
-New ErgoWheel
-Asgard Power Generator
-Conduit line for power system connections
-Underwriter's Laboratory listed!
*Upgrade kit requires existing hamster wheel power generation installation.

Included in the Stand-Alone kit:
-New ErgoWheel
-Asgard Power Generator
-Conduit line for power system connections
-250 Amp Circuit breaker panel
-500 kilovolt switch installation kit
-High tension isolator and insulation kit
-Up to 2,500 feet of 150,000 volt, 350 AMP high tension power line, to be connected to local power grid or service point.
-Underwriters Laboratory listed!
*Requires base isolation protection services at service entry to local service grid.
*System can installed on site or as portable electrical sub-station. (Lift point requirements: 6,500 tons at load center).

;););) :) :p :p :p

Note: The above is no way to be considered a spoiler of any type. It's not intended to spoil anything, just poke a little fun.

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 04:14 PM
1. Mallozzi has confirmed that the SG1 vs Nazis stuff is made-up BS

2. I read this on wikipedia:

"Atlantis will be forced to fly back to earth after receiving word that a new destructive force is on its way."

Doubt it's true though. But, if this is a VERY late s4 episode, then maybe it is the run up to the Asurans coming to the MW and launching an all out attack against Earth, now that SG-1 and the Ori won't be around anymore? Again, I doubt it, just speculating.

1. Thank goodness. That was causing a huge uproar and didnt make much sense.
2. sounds interesting but wiki is as reliable as IMDB.

Mitchell82
June 20th, 2007, 04:54 PM
The other spoilers are right becuase the wrong ones get taken down fairly quickly. This rumour will probably be taken down fairly quickly

Don't trust Wikipedia, a few months ago someone read off Wikipedia that McKay would die in Adrift, and be brought back to life by an Ancient Machine - this turned out to be completely made up

Agreed Wiki is very unreliable, though I would love to see Atlantis go back to Earth, but IMO that would be better suited for a series finale having Atlantis go Full Circle.

ashman2
June 23rd, 2007, 11:20 AM
They won't get a new power source because JM said previously that the need for ZPM's will be as great as ever in his blog.

What about if Carter transports her ZPM to Atlantis and it basically gets completely emptied setting down the city on another planet, or on the one they were on before. Then it would basically be like putting us back in season 1

Integrabyte
June 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
What about if Carter transports her ZPM to Atlantis and it basically gets completely emptied setting down the city on another planet, or on the one they were on before. Then it would basically be like putting us back in season 1

It all depends on the outcome with the ORI. Who knows, maybe TPTB will do their typical thing and destroy the Odyssey. Thats what they did in the past with all the advanced tech we had.

scifi_lemon
June 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
It all depends on the outcome with the ORI. Who knows, maybe TPTB will do their typical thing and destroy the Odyssey. Thats what they did in the past with all the advanced tech we had.

I hope not!

Anyways, from the title I thought that this might have something to do with the Midway station.

Mitchell82
June 23rd, 2007, 06:28 PM
I hope not!

Anyways, from the title I thought that this might have something to do with the Midway station.

I doubt they will unless they find a way to transfer the Asgard core off the ship. I too think it deals with the Midway station.

PG15
July 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hints from Joe:

After taking time off to do a little fishing, Carl is heavy into Midway. It’ll be great to finally see the big men spare. It’ll also be nice to have Kavanagh back. Unfortunately, he won’t find his return quite as enjoyable.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-12-2007.html

Kav's back! :D

ussrelativity
July 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hints from Joe:

That was surprising. :D

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 06:24 PM
That was surprising. :D

Ditto. I thought he was gone for good! What about 'the big men spar'? Do you think we'll finally get to see Teal'c and Ronon fight? Squee!

Xicer
July 12th, 2007, 06:49 PM
lol Kav's gonna come back? Uhoh! But I wonder who he's gonna yell at now that Weir is gone...

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 06:51 PM
lol Kav's gonna come back? Uhoh! But I wonder who he's gonna yell at now that Weir is gone...

Carter ;)

Xicer
July 12th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Haha well you never know, it could go in the complete opposite direction ;)

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Haha well you never know, it could go in the complete opposite direction ;)

*snort* So that's what TPTB will do; if they can't ship Carter/McKay, they'll settle for Carter/Kavanaugh! Can you say pepper spray? ;)

Cautious Explorer
July 12th, 2007, 07:27 PM
*snort* So that's what TPTB will do; if they can't ship Carter/McKay, they'll settle for Carter/Kavanaugh! Can you say pepper spray? ;)

Carter does have long hair now. Maybe he can help her braid it. ;)

scifi_lemon
July 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Carter does have long hair now. Maybe he can help her braid it. ;)

*snort* That made me actually laughed out loud. That's a green worthy comment! :D:D:D:D

Ruffles
July 13th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Hints from Joe:

I love to hate that guy. Should be interesting.

Ditto. I thought he was gone for good! What about 'the big men spar'? Do you think we'll finally get to see Teal'c and Ronon fight? Squee!

I really hope so. Wouldn't that be fun? Who do you think will win?

*Erika*
July 13th, 2007, 07:05 AM

I want Ronon to win!

Looking forward for Kavanaugh!

scifi_lemon
July 13th, 2007, 10:30 AM

I wonder what they'll bring Kav in for?

I dunno, I have a nagging feeling Teal'c would win but it could go either way.

Ruffles
July 13th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I wonder what they'll bring Kav in for?

I dunno, I have a nagging feeling Teal'c would win but it could go either way.

Dunno. I'm a little surprised Kav would be in the SG program still after his last encounter. And I would think to have Ronon and Teal'c spar, they'd have to be on Earth (which is where Kav could be, perhaps working on the midway station).

Just not enough detail to go on yet.

I think a sparring match between Teal'c and Ronon could go either way depending on what they are sparring with. Teal'c has size on his side, but I think Ronon can move faster. T usually fights with those staff weapon poles and Ronon usually fights bare-handed.

*pulls up chair (not too close) and gets popcorn ready*

scifi_lemon
July 13th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Dunno. I'm a little surprised Kav would be in the SG program still after his last encounter. And I would think to have Ronon and Teal'c spar, they'd have to be on Earth (which is where Kav could be, perhaps working on the midway station).

Just not enough detail to go on yet.

I think a sparring match between Teal'c and Ronon could go either way depending on what they are sparring with. Teal'c has size on his side, but I think Ronon can move faster. T usually fights with those staff weapon poles and Ronon usually fights bare-handed.

*pulls up chair (not too close) and gets popcorn ready*

LOL! It'll be one heck of a fight, that's for sure. ;)

the dancer of spaz
July 13th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Ah, Kav the Whiny Punk is coming back? I hope he sucks up to Sheppard and Carter and gets shot down. :P

scifi_lemon
July 13th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Ah, Kav the Whiny Punk is coming back? I hope he sucks up to Sheppard and Carter and gets shot down. :P

:lol:

Xicer
July 13th, 2007, 03:19 PM
lol ok well JM cleared it up a bit:

PG15 writes: “What did you mean when you said "It’ll be great to finally see the big men spare"? Big men spare? What is that?”

Answer: That’s was I get for not proofreading. I meant to write “see the big men spar”.
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

scifi_lemon
July 14th, 2007, 04:07 PM
lol ok well JM cleared it up a bit:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

w00t! ;) That'll be cool to see.

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I want Ronon to win!

Looking forward for Kavanaugh!

I want Ronon and Shep to take him to a gate, lodge a PJ in the gate, toss him in the event horizion, evacuate and let the gate chop the jumper in half.

scifi_lemon
July 15th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I want Ronon and Shep to take him to a gate, lodge a PJ in the gate, toss him in the event horizion, evacuate and let the gate chop the jumper in half.

How wude. ;) Nah, ya gotta love to hate the guy. I'm shock no one's killed him yet. :P

Xicer
July 25th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Update time!

Carl managed to put out his Final Draft of Midway (Final Draft being a misnomer really since he’ll be revising that sucker between now and about two days after it’s been shot)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/07/july-25-2007.html

ashman2
July 26th, 2007, 06:56 AM
How wude. ;) Nah, ya gotta love to hate the guy. I'm shock no one's killed him yet. :P

Part of me was hoping he'd die instead of Grodin in season 1. I hate him with a passion.

*Erika*
July 26th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Part of me was hoping he'd die instead of Grodin in season 1. I hate him with a passion.
Nah. He doesn't deserve the heroic death Grodin had. No, he need's to be tortured. By Ronon. Without fainting.

ashman2
July 26th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Nah. He doesn't deserve the heroic death Grodin had. No, he need's to be tortured. By Ronon. Without fainting.
if only he had a symbiote so Teal'c could remove it and put a bomb in instead

*Erika*
July 26th, 2007, 10:55 AM
if only he had a symbiote so Teal'c could remove it and put a bomb in instead
:lol: Exploding tummy!

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 12:51 PM
:lol: Exploding tummy!

Nah just give him an exploding tumor.

*Erika*
July 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Nah just give him an exploding tumor.
*sniff*

He would not only die, but most probably take others with him too. A final act of kindness.

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM
*sniff*

He would not only die, but most probably take others with him too. A final act of kindness.

Yeah and what would be really funny if he was sitting there arguing with keller the whole time that he was dieing.

*Erika*
July 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah and what would be really funny if he was sitting there arguing with keller the whole time that he was dieing.
And saying how incompentent she is.

elbo
July 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
You hate Kavanough character too much ... :) I'm no big fan either, but the poor guy was build only to enrich another character, not the SGA story. Sad.:(

Mitchell82
July 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
And saying how incompentent she is.

:lol: Yeah that too.

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 01:38 PM
You hate Kavanough character too much ... :) I'm no big fan either, but the poor guy was build only to enrich another character, not the SGA story. Sad.:(

What do you mean?

Xicer
August 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Hmm JM thinks that this episode would've made a good feature film.

FargateOne writes: “Which stories of s10 SG1 eps would have done ( or deserved to be ) a good feature film, considering that to do a film is not the same thing that a tv show?”

Answer: Be All My Sins and Midway would have made great features.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-1-2007.html

Hehe yea I know the guy asked S10 SG1 eps not SGA S4 eps, but whatever :P

scifi_lemon
August 1st, 2007, 08:21 PM
Hmm JM thinks that this episode would've made a good feature film.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-1-2007.html

Hehe yea I know the guy asked S10 SG1 eps not SGA S4 eps, but whatever :P

JM is known to misread comments. This ep sounds interesting.

Major_Griff
August 1st, 2007, 11:01 PM
Well Kavenaugh probably comes back because Weir's gone.

scifi_lemon
August 1st, 2007, 11:04 PM

:lol: Never thought of that! Probably true. :P

Alipeeps
August 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM

Actually, I can see that... and see it biting him in the ass! :D

Can't you just imagine him coming back feeling smug and righteous, crowing because Weir is gone, expecting to be treated differently/valued/respected by the "new administration" and getting slapped down by Carter exactly as Weir slapped him down. Heh. :D

the dancer of spaz
August 2nd, 2007, 02:40 AM
Actually, I can see that... and see it biting him in the ass! :D

Can't you just imagine him coming back feeling smug and righteous, crowing because Weir is gone, expecting to be treated differently/valued/respected by the "new administration" and getting slapped down by Carter exactly as Weir slapped him down. Heh. :D

Haha, yep. Little suck-ups gonna try to earn brownie points with Colonels Caldwell, Carter and Ellis, and he's gonna get shot down. :P

Mitchell82
August 2nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Haha, yep. Little suck-ups gonna try to earn brownie points with Colonels Caldwell, Carter and Ellis, and he's gonna get shot down. :P

Serves him right too.

scifi_lemon
August 3rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Serves him right too.

Yup. I thought he didn't like the military though? In 38 Minutes he "thought he'd get some more respect with a civilian running things".

I wonder what brings him to Atlanits? You'd think he'd learn his lesson after Critical Mass ;)

jenks
August 3rd, 2007, 05:30 AM

I hope so, he was a great character, he made the interaction between the expedition members interesting, a bit like Bates...

the dancer of spaz
August 3rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
Yup. I thought he didn't like the military though? In 38 Minutes he "thought he'd get some more respect with a civilian running things".

I wonder what brings him to Atlanits? You'd think he'd learn his lesson after Critical Mass ;)

I think Kavanaugh thought that Weir was incompetent at one point, so he may think that sucking up to the military after being reassigned or whatever will give him more brownie points.

He shot off at the mouth too many times. I wouldn't mind seeing him get put in his place after what he said/did to Elizabeth.

scifi_lemon
August 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
I hope so, he was a great character, he made the interaction between the expedition members interesting, a bit like Bates...

On that I disagree 100%. I HATED Kavanaugh.

I think Kavanaugh thought that Weir was incompetent at one point, so he may think that sucking up to the military after being reassigned or whatever will give him more brownie points.

He shot off at the mouth too many times. I wouldn't mind seeing him get put in his place after what he said/did to Elizabeth.

Well if he does try to suck up to Carter, I can't wait for him to get put back in his place. ;)

jenks
August 4th, 2007, 11:23 AM
On that I disagree 100%. I HATED Kavanaugh.

But why?

scifi_lemon
August 4th, 2007, 01:35 PM
But why?

He's just so annoying and arrogant and just....ugh. He rubs me the wrong way in every scene he's in. His scene with Weir in 38 Minutes was what really made me not like him. He's kinda creepy too.

Xicer
August 15th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Finally, an update!

Midway is looking big, Big, BIG! Oh, and BamBam has been working on that sparring scene for weeks.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-15-2007.html

scifi_lemon
August 15th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Finally, an update!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-15-2007.html

Wait, I'm confused. I thought that the Ronon/Teal'c spar scene was in Reunion, not Midway. :confused:

PG15
August 15th, 2007, 06:35 PM
No, Teal'c's only in a cameo in Reunion, but this episode is a full-on crossover.

scifi_lemon
August 15th, 2007, 06:45 PM
No, Teal'c's only in a cameo in Reunion, but this episode is a full-on crossover.

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks.

Mitchell82
August 16th, 2007, 10:37 AM
He's just so annoying and arrogant and just....ugh. He rubs me the wrong way in every scene he's in. His scene with Weir in 38 Minutes was what really made me not like him. He's kinda creepy too.

Agreed. He just didn't portray a "character you love to hate" like Kinsey did. Everytime I saw Kavanaugh I wanted to shoot him. Kinsey I did too but I loved the tension he brought to the show and Ronny Cox is a great actor. Not so with Kavanaugh.

PG15
August 16th, 2007, 05:28 PM
As it's almost confirmed that there will be a Ronon-Teal'c sparring session in this episode, I'll put this here.

Anyway, Joe has posted a huge slew of shots featuring Chris Judge and Jason Momoa rehearsing their sequence. There are so many that I won't link to each individually, but you can take a look at all of them through today's entry (http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-16-2007.html) of Joe's blog.

Killdeer
August 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Agreed. He just didn't portray a "character you love to hate" like Kinsey did. Everytime I saw Kavanaugh I wanted to shoot him. Kinsey I did too but I loved the tension he brought to the show and Ronny Cox is a great actor. Not so with Kavanaugh.

Ewwwww. Kinsey was a slimeball (IMO)! :( I didn't love to hate him, I just flat hated him. Ronny Cox may have been a good actor, but Kinsey was completely creepy. Where as Maybourne and Col Simmons were in the love-to-hate camp. But I agree with you on Kavanaugh. :D

scifi_lemon
August 16th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Well PG15, I asked a question for you and this is the responce:

Scifi Lemon writes: “How is Midway different than Pegasus Project? Or is it basically going to be a rehash of PP?”

Answer: Did you just happen to pick these two episodes are random? I don’t see the connection.

*sigh* I want my money back ;) I guess that's the danger of asking a question to JM; you never know what you're gonna get back. :lol:

PG15
August 16th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well, you'd probably do better if you avoided calling it a "rip off". ;)

Xicer
August 17th, 2007, 04:10 PM
He's playing hard to get :P:

PG15 writes: “1. In yesterday's blog, you said you watched Adrift's "final mix"; does that mean it's ready to air on TV? 2. The episode being shot today with the explosions and smoke; it's "The Kindred", right? 3. I'd like to clarify a question made by another poster. As both Pegasus Project and Midway are (as you've said) big crossover episodes, which episode do you like better? 4. How well does Joe F play the guitar?”

Answers: 1. Almost. 2. Sounds like it. 3. Midway is just a script while Pegasus Project is a finished episode so that’s an unfair question. 4. If you ask him, he’ll say “not very well”.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-17-2007.html

PG15
August 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Oh, I'll get him today, no worries. ;)

Mitchell82
August 20th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Ewwwww. Kinsey was a slimeball (IMO)! :( I didn't love to hate him, I just flat hated him. Ronny Cox may have been a good actor, but Kinsey was completely creepy. Where as Maybourne and Col Simmons were in the love-to-hate camp. But I agree with you on Kavanaugh. :D

Yeah he was creepy but most of his characters are (Dick Jones *Robocop* and the commander of the Mars facility *Total Recall* to name a few) Still he was one of my favorite political villans.

Mitchell82
August 20th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Well, you'd probably do better if you avoided calling it a "rip off". ;)

LOL yeah but I don't see it as a ripoff.

IcyNeko
August 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah he was creepy but most of his characters are (Dick Jones *Robocop* and the commander of the Mars facility *Total Recall* to name a few) Still he was one of my favorite political villans.

I'm torn on him. While yes, he plays those three baddies... he also plays Axel Foley's Police Captain friend in Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2.

Mitchell82
August 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'm torn on him. While yes, he plays those three baddies... he also plays Axel Foley's Police Captain friend in Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2.

He did? I never realized.

Xicer
August 22nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
lol, a couple pics from JM's blog, i dunno if its from this ep but since teal'c is there...

Teal'c (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszIE2MlHOI/AAAAAAAAEds/cLuicciGAAU/s1600-h/DSC08559.JPG)
CJ's stand-in: Herb (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszI4GMlHSI/AAAAAAAAEeM/khAgeYlPRVw/s1600-h/DSC08556.JPG)

EDIT - Again, I'm not sure but I think the rest of the pictures are also from "Midway"

CAUTION: Explosive Bolts (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszJbmMlHWI/AAAAAAAAEes/OBEkNkOWdEg/s1600-h/DSC08569.JPG)
Andy Mikita (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszJSmMlHVI/AAAAAAAAEek/agPZNvs3zyg/s1600-h/DSC08584.JPG)
Three extras in military uniforms getting some lunch (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszJLWMlHUI/AAAAAAAAEec/iFK4ZjBQMfE/s1600-h/DSC08591.JPG)
A couple of Wraiths unmasked (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszJAmMlHTI/AAAAAAAAEeU/YnbhFme9xGQ/s1600-h/DSC08552.JPG)
Carl Binder pointing out some alien text (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszIhGMlHRI/AAAAAAAAEeE/mI1OQUTw1Bs/s1600-h/DSC08582.JPG)
A couple of Wraiths on set, masked this time (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszIX2MlHQI/AAAAAAAAEd8/_-bGCYXYbWY/s1600-h/DSC08588.JPG)
Another shot of a Wraith (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RszIQmMlHPI/AAAAAAAAEd0/EX_1XG_YY5k/s1600-h/DSC08589.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-22-2007.html

jenks
August 23rd, 2007, 04:44 AM
I'm guessing the Wraith get to the midway station then... didn't see that one coming! :S

*Erika*
August 23rd, 2007, 04:49 AM
I'm guessing the Wraith get to the midway station then... didn't see that one coming! :S
Looks like it.

Schuey
August 23rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Carter ;)
I hope Sam B***ch slaps him like she did to Baal in the Quest PT2, that would be so funny.

SGFerrit
August 23rd, 2007, 09:06 AM
Ooh, the Wraith could reach the Midway Station! I can't wait to see this!

Xicer
August 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
It'd be cool if they tried to take over the station or something. Maybe they found this to be the best way to reach Earth.

Klenotka
August 23rd, 2007, 09:20 AM
It still evokes me the "Battle of Midway". It could be cool to see them fighting about the bridge. And not only by ships. In the Midway station itself. It should be finished in S4 so I think some claustrophobic running through corridors wouldn´t be bad (but it has to be better than Submersion ;))

SGFerrit
August 23rd, 2007, 09:40 AM
It still evokes me the "Battle of Midway". It could be cool to see them fighting about the bridge. And not only by ships. In the Midway station itself. It should be finished in S4 so I think some claustrophobic running through corridors wouldn´t be bad (but it has to be better than Submersion ;))

Your all getting me totally psyched for this episode:D

It's another episode we can add to the list of 'Wraith epiosdes in s4' isn't it?

Reunion
Travellers
The Seer
This Mortal Coil
Be All Mys Sins Remember'd
The Spoils of War
Midway
The Kindred prt 1 & 2

As far as we know, the Wraith are in almost half of the season, as opposed to only six (I think?) last year:)

Klenotka
August 23rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
The more Wraith we will see, the better. They didn´t use them too much and it looks to interesting story arc with them. They promised few suprises in S4. Is it possible that the bridge won´t be destroyed but the Wraith will get it? Could thay actually win the battle? Well, if there will be any battle, of course ;)

SGFerrit
August 23rd, 2007, 09:53 AM
The more Wraith we will see, the better. They didn´t use them too much and it looks to interesting story arc with them. They promised few suprises in S4. Is it possible that the bridge won´t be destroyed but the Wraith will get it? Could thay actually win the battle? Well, if there will be any battle, of course ;)

Either way (destroyed or taken) it's a loss to us, something that doesn't happen often. Should be a brilliant episode, wether we are still in control of the bridge at the end of the episode or not:)

Xicer
August 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM
Not really much of an update, but meh, I'd like to keep this thread on the first page since its in the process of being shot and there are probably gonna be lots of updates coming in the next few days:

On the work front: shooting continues on the big team-up eppy, finished the polish on Harmony, almost finished my producer's cut of Kindred I as I await the completion of the Previously On sequence, an exhausted Martin completed his latest (and last) rewrite of Trio, read the first draft of Outcast, and watched the episode with the engagement scene (I have a feeling the fans will love it).

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-23-2007.html

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Either way (destroyed or taken) it's a loss to us, something that doesn't happen often. Should be a brilliant episode, wether we are still in control of the bridge at the end of the episode or not:)

Agreed and I agree that the Wraith were underused in season 3 but I liked the new enemies and plots that were developed. It's going to be very interesting seeing more devlopment on both enemies.

Xicer
August 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Some more pics from the set!

Hmm those extras don't look too good (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9ng2MlHpI/AAAAAAAAEhE/hjoS5Kvj3gA/s1600-h/DSC08620.JPG)
Somewhere inside Midway (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9l7GMlHhI/AAAAAAAAEgE/pdBT7PCJ06o/s1600-h/DSC08621.JPG)
Two Wraiths gettin' ready (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9lnGMlHgI/AAAAAAAAEf8/1tVvhaxJtTw/s1600-h/DSC08632.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-24-2007.html

Mitchell82
August 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Some more pics from the set!

Hmm those extras don't look too good (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9ng2MlHpI/AAAAAAAAEhE/hjoS5Kvj3gA/s1600-h/DSC08620.JPG)
Somewhere inside Midway (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9l7GMlHhI/AAAAAAAAEgE/pdBT7PCJ06o/s1600-h/DSC08621.JPG)
Two Wraiths gettin' ready (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9lnGMlHgI/AAAAAAAAEf8/1tVvhaxJtTw/s1600-h/DSC08632.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-24-2007.html
Nice! Green for you!

Emperor Tippy
August 24th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I hope the Wraith don't take the Midway station. Honestly, its kinda stupid if they do. Finding the place by ship is a nigh impossibility and to defeat them all you have to do is beam the Milky Way gate out of midway station. The only gate in Peagus that can dial Milky Way gates is Atlantis. So by removing the first MW gate from the chain the Wraith can't access it. Beaming any 1 of the gates in the bridge out of position would disable the bridge and beaming out either of the midway gates would effectively shut down the network as well.

I am curious if we added Iris's to both the Midway gates (I would have). The place would also have 2 Mk. 9's behind each gate and a sensor system that can differentiate between human, wraith, and asuran bio readings. If either Wraith or Asuran bio readings were detected in the station without first receiving a deactivation code from both Earth and Atlantis all 4 Mk. 9's blow immediately.

I doubt that any of the above is in place but it honestly should be.

s09119
August 24th, 2007, 06:17 PM
I hope the Wraith don't take the Midway station. Honestly, its kinda stupid if they do. Finding the place by ship is a nigh impossibility and to defeat them all you have to do is beam the Milky Way gate out of midway station. The only gate in Peagus that can dial Milky Way gates is Atlantis. So by removing the first MW gate from the chain the Wraith can't access it. Beaming any 1 of the gates in the bridge out of position would disable the bridge and beaming out either of the midway gates would effectively shut down the network as well.

I am curious if we added Iris's to both the Midway gates (I would have). The place would also have 2 Mk. 9's behind each gate and a sensor system that can differentiate between human, wraith, and asuran bio readings. If either Wraith or Asuran bio readings were detected in the station without first receiving a deactivation code from both Earth and Atlantis all 4 Mk. 9's blow immediately.

I doubt that any of the above is in place but it honestly should be.

I agree. If the Wraith take it, it's going to seem like jumping the shark to me... Just not possible, unless they provide a DARN good reason.

And seriously, last we saw of the station it was only big enough to house one or two jumpers in its entirety. How'd it suddenly get so big?

Ltcolshepjumper
August 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
It was not completed last time we saw it. That was just the gate room area.

Emperor Tippy
August 24th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I agree. If the Wraith take it, it's going to seem like jumping the shark to me... Just not possible, unless they provide a DARN good reason.
Yeah. I haven't been able to come up with a single reason or way besides plot that the Wraith should be able to destroy, much less capture the gate bridge/midway station.

And seriously, last we saw of the station it was only big enough to house one or two jumpers in its entirety. How'd it suddenly get so big?
The Daedalus making construction runs I'm guessing. It can carry a lot of material and with beaming construction gets a lot simpler.

If it was me I would have made Midway a full fledged military base and fleet construction facility. The place has ready access to both Milky way and Peagus through the gates. No one will ever find the place by accident. It is almost impossible for most people to get to it even if they know about its existence (requires intergalactic hyperdrives). Construction of space ships in space is far easier than doing it on the ground and far more secure.

I would also have set up a subspace relay network in addition to the gate network so that Earth and Atlantis can talk to each other without using the stargate.

Wraith_Boy
August 25th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah. I haven't been able to come up with a single reason or way besides plot that the Wraith should be able to destroy, much less capture the gate bridge/midway station.

It depends on what they want to do with it. Personally given their history of destroying things, then I see the Wraith taking over it totally, they are then forced to nuke or blow the crap out of it with all the Wraith on board.

To take it would be fairly easy, they were under a temporary alliance, so could have got access to it's location. They could even have been aboard Daedalus or Apollo, which went to the station to pick up supplies to fight the Asurans. Which they then done a double take & ended the alliance. They then alert the rest of the Wraith, who use Darts to gate in or whatever.

2 things I can see it going:

1) It's their own stupid fault that the Wraith find & get access to the station.
2) They end up destroying it to keep it out of their hands.

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Well actually it is posible for the Wraith to find it. Mabey from interigation, who knows it's possible they upgraded their ships but they would need a general location to search in. It is possible that mabey Michael knows the location.

Platschu
August 25th, 2007, 01:50 PM
JM answered my question in his blog, so we know now official that Teal'c will be in this episode too. Maybe the Jaffa have a business with the Wraith, who are allies. Maybe a Wraith Queen changed her opinion and she tries to occupy the Midway Station. I would like to see Baal in the story or a Goa'uld / Wraith. :)

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM
JM answered my question in his blog, so we know now official that Teal'c will be in this episode too. Maybe the Jaffa have a business with the Wraith, who are allies. Maybe a Wraith Queen changed her opinion and she tries to occupy the Midway Station. I would like to see Baal in the story or a Goa'uld / Wraith. :)

Hmm interesting. I can't wait to see this ep.

Emperor Tippy
August 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
It depends on what they want to do with it. Personally given their history of destroying things, then I see the Wraith taking over it totally, they are then forced to nuke or blow the crap out of it with all the Wraith on board.

To take it would be fairly easy, they were under a temporary alliance, so could have got access to it's location. They could even have been aboard Daedalus or Apollo, which went to the station to pick up supplies to fight the Asurans. Which they then done a double take & ended the alliance. They then alert the rest of the Wraith, who use Darts to gate in or whatever.

2 things I can see it going:

1) It's their own stupid fault that the Wraith find & get access to the station.
2) They end up destroying it to keep it out of their hands.

The gate bridge wasn't even started when the alliance ended IIRC. So I don't see how the Wraith would have found out about it.

Well actually it is posible for the Wraith to find it. Mabey from interigation, who knows it's possible they upgraded their ships but they would need a general location to search in. It is possible that mabey Michael knows the location.

Not really. No one the wraith could capture would know where it is well enough to provide navigational data to it "somewhere in the middle of the intergalactic void" isn't specific enough.

The void is 3 million light years long in a line between the milky way and peagus, it is also incredibly wide. For reference, trying to find the milkyway station with just the knowledge that it is somewhere around the middle of the void has about the same odds as looking for a specific drop of water on the planet earth while you are on foot.

2ndgenerationalteran
August 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM
We have no reason to tell the wraith about the midway station or its adress, but it is still most likely that they dialed in and used some IDC to get them to lower any iris there may be (i would doubt that, for that matter i dont think the milky way alpha site has an iris). Then foot soldiers storm the complex, and we catch them trying to rewrite the macro to get to the "new feeding ground"

Some one said something about interrogation, if that is the case that is a very likely way they could have gotten the address

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
The gate bridge wasn't even started when the alliance ended IIRC. So I don't see how the Wraith would have found out about it.

Not really. No one the wraith could capture would know where it is well enough to provide navigational data to it "somewhere in the middle of the intergalactic void" isn't specific enough.

The void is 3 million light years long in a line between the milky way and peagus, it is also incredibly wide. For reference, trying to find the milkyway station with just the knowledge that it is somewhere around the middle of the void has about the same odds as looking for a specific drop of water on the planet earth while you are on foot.
Not necesairly. If they capture Weir, Mckay, or possibly even Shep they could get enough data to find it.

PG15
August 26th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Well, Xicer is away for some reason (hopefully he's not dead), so I'll take over for him for today.

Joe has once again give us a bunch of set pics from this episode:

Andy Mikita and Wraith (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIFMmMlH6I/AAAAAAAAEjM/L7uSmcowW-A/s1600-h/DSC08644.JPG)
Wraiths and crews on set (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIE82MlH5I/AAAAAAAAEjE/ozzVz37UAJE/s1600-h/DSC08646.JPG)
Kavanaugh smiling (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIEmGMlH4I/AAAAAAAAEi8/sPsWWu-Yi4c/s1600-h/DSC08658.JPG)
Kavanaugh dead (ok, he's just lying on the floor) (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDrWMlH2I/AAAAAAAAEis/k8sUmUeecrQ/s1600-h/DSC08655.JPG)
A Wraith at the controls (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtID-mMlH3I/AAAAAAAAEi0/49zBRtt4IWQ/s1600-h/DSC08650.JPG)
Chuck, Wraith, and McKay oh my! (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDhmMlH1I/AAAAAAAAEik/qYHFONCLsWM/s1600-h/DSC08649.JPG)
Dr. Lee! (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDXmMlH0I/AAAAAAAAEic/QVGEDQRn7NI/s1600-h/DSC08645.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-26-2007.html

s09119
August 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Well, Xicer is away for some reason (hopefully he's not dead), so I'll take over for him for today.

Joe has once again give us a bunch of set pics from this episode:

Andy Mikita and Wraith (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIFMmMlH6I/AAAAAAAAEjM/L7uSmcowW-A/s1600-h/DSC08644.JPG)
Wraiths and crews on set (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIE82MlH5I/AAAAAAAAEjE/ozzVz37UAJE/s1600-h/DSC08646.JPG)
Kavanaugh smiling (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIEmGMlH4I/AAAAAAAAEi8/sPsWWu-Yi4c/s1600-h/DSC08658.JPG)
Kavanaugh dead (ok, he's just lying on the floor) (http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDrWMlH2I/AAAAAAAAEis/k8sUmUeecrQ/s1600-h/DSC08655.JPG)
A Wraith at the controls (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtID-mMlH3I/AAAAAAAAEi0/49zBRtt4IWQ/s1600-h/DSC08650.JPG)
Chuck, Wraith, and McKay oh my! (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDhmMlH1I/AAAAAAAAEik/qYHFONCLsWM/s1600-h/DSC08649.JPG)
Dr. Lee! (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDXmMlH0I/AAAAAAAAEic/QVGEDQRn7NI/s1600-h/DSC08645.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-26-2007.html

Jeeze, this is becoming quite the crossover episode... Teal'c AND Dr. Lee show up.

Maybe Kavanaugh ends up defecting to the Wraith because he's tired of working with people who hate him?

Xicer
August 26th, 2007, 05:28 PM
lol sorry, I was at the beach (went sailing, pretty fun but not a lotta wind).

Anyway! So I'm guessing both Dr. Lee and Kavanaugh work at Midway, judging by their patch? And Kavanaugh dead (ok so we don't really know if he's dead) probably made a few people here smirk.

And judging by the Wraith at the control station, I guess this mean the Wraith will eventually takeover Midway, or at least parts of it?

Klenotka
August 27th, 2007, 05:47 AM
I guess, if they will make alliances with the Wraith that there is a chance that some Wraiths could actually defend the Midway and work with people. Maybe some group of Wraith will offer that they will help them to defend it in exchange for something.

Xeon_1
August 27th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I guess, if they will make alliances with the Wraith that there is a chance that some Wraiths could actually defend the Midway and work with people. Maybe some group of Wraith will offer that they will help them to defend it in exchange for something.
I know just the thing
All those that worship the ori
Solves a lot of problems
-Wraith leave us alone
-all of the ori worshippers are Dead/eaten
- Wraith have all the food they ever wanted

only problem with this is that the show would be over pretty quick if they do that

PG15
August 27th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Stuff from JM:

Zabadoo writes: "...2.)How long is Teal'c in Reunion? What about Midway?..."

Answers: ...2) He’ll make a cameo in Reunion and put in a full appearance in Midway...

Chevron 7 writes: “Did [Kavanaugh] get rid of the pony tail?”

Answer: Yup and Carl was soooo disappointed.

I think everybody knows that Teal'c is only cameoing in Reunion, so I won't put that first question there and dredge up that thread.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-27-2007.html

Mitchell82
August 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Stuff from JM:

I think everybody knows that Teal'c is only cameoing in Reunion, so I won't put that first question there and dredge up that thread.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-27-2007.html

Hmm no ponytail? Interesting.

Platschu
August 28th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Dr. Lee will work at Midway Station?
http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDXmMlH0I/AAAAAAAAEic/QVGEDQRn7NI/s1600-h/DSC08645.JPG

Is this man Dr. Kavanaugh?
http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIEmGMlH4I/AAAAAAAAEi8/sPsWWu-Yi4c/s1600-h/DSC08658.JPG
http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtIDrWMlH2I/AAAAAAAAEis/k8sUmUeecrQ/s1600-h/DSC08655.JPG
I hope he is only stunned and the writers won't kill him. :)

Ltcolshepjumper
August 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think dr. Lee is there temporarily (maybe) and yeah, that's kavanaugh. With curly hair.

Platschu
August 28th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Have you seen the Midway logo? It is a bit simple, but I like it. ;)

Ltcolshepjumper
August 28th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I like it. It's creative, in a unique sort of way. The arrow's nice.

Xicer
August 28th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Pics from the set today:

Andy Mikita (http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtSzJmMlH-I/AAAAAAAAEjs/yyNyD1Uap1g/s1600-h/DSC08718.JPG)
CJ and Jason in front of a green screen (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtSzCWMlH9I/AAAAAAAAEjk/rmVIYr8nGWg/s1600-h/DSC08716.JPG)
CJ and GJ having a good time (http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtSy1WMlH8I/AAAAAAAAEjc/2vmKAWaYWg4/s1600-h/DSC08713.JPG)
Ronon at the SGC with a couple of dead extras (http://bp3.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/RtSyuGMlH7I/AAAAAAAAEjU/UpPfeQhgsrI/s1600-h/DSC08703.JPG)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-28-2007.html

[gate-man]
August 28th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Very interesting

Platschu
August 28th, 2007, 11:33 PM
^ Is this user a "spam"?

New pictures from set:
http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/08/august-28-2007.html

So Teal'c will speak with Ronon. Great! ;) But why are the SGC soldiers dead? Hmmm, it became intresting. JM is a master of keeping attention = good showrunner. ;)

SGFerrit
August 29th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Well, it's pretty much 100% confirmed that the Wraith reach the Midway station... Looks like they get all the way through! It will be brilliant to see Tealc and Ronan running through the SGC killing Wraith together!!!!!!

scifi_lemon
August 29th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Well, it's pretty much 100% confirmed that the Wraith reach the Midway station... Looks like they get all the way through! It will be brilliant to see Tealc and Ronan running through the SGC killing Wraith together!!!!!!

This ep sounds more awesomer every time we get a new piece of info we get! I can't wait for this to air! :D

SGA fan
August 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM
minor spoiler for mid way

teal'c hair sure has grown kinda like it. :)

scifi_lemon
August 30th, 2007, 05:44 PM
minor spoiler for mid way

teal'c hair sure has grown kinda like it. :)

:lol: I still prefer him bald but maybe that's just me :)

Mitchell82
August 30th, 2007, 05:54 PM
:lol: I still prefer him bald but maybe that's just me :)

Actually I felt this way at first but I like him with hair and glad they remember'd to add the grey. Actually like Kav's new hair style just hope he dies a painfull death.

mikeroq
September 2nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
http://i17.tinypic.com/6f0if6s.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/4qsuxl4.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/67nwnq8.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/5xre2i1.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/6c8cv0i.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6ci1g1u.jpg

freyr's mother
September 2nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
It just looks like they altered the Daedalus set a little bit.

MartianManhunter
September 2nd, 2007, 12:33 PM
It just looks like they altered the Daedalus set a little bit.

Yeah, thats whe first thing i thought to, but whats more interesting to me are the wriath, what are they doing in the station and how did they find it?

mikeroq
September 2nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, thats whe first thing i thought to, but whats more interesting to me are the wriath, what are they doing in the station and how did they find it?

Remember that these are production shots, the wraith actor simply could have been on that set at that time. We won't know until the episode Midway or later.

jds1982
September 2nd, 2007, 02:42 PM
Was that Kavanaugh in the last shot?

Xicer
September 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
^ Yup he
cut off his ponytail

ussrelativity
September 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Was that Kavanaugh in the last shot?

I believe so. He is to be in "Midway".

2ndgenerationalteran
September 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
someone said the wraith interrogated someone in an episode previous to that

MartianManhunter
September 2nd, 2007, 02:50 PM

Now, THAT, sounds interesting!:indeed:

PG15
September 2nd, 2007, 04:32 PM
JM updated his blog today with a video from the sets of Midway. Nothing too spoilery, but you do get to see Gary Jones, Chris Judge, and Carl Binder:

Link (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=Garysfashiontips.flv)

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-2-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM

Mabey Kav? Personally I'd just love to see shep push him out the airlock.

Maltrancko
September 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM
good to see Chris keeping the older Teal'c look, but is this for the Atlantis EP or for AoT of Continuum?

green for ur posts!!

Mitchell82
September 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
good to see Chris keeping the older Teal'c look, but is this for the Atlantis EP or for AoT of Continuum?

green for ur posts!!

It's for Midway.

PG15
September 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
JM updated his blog today with a video from the sets of Midway. Nothing too spoilery, but you do get to see Gary Jones, Chris Judge, and Carl Binder:

Link (http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=Garysfashiontips.flv)

Mitchell82
September 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM

I LMAO the whole time.

Maltrancko
September 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
fingers together... "excellent" i look forward to it with the utmost anticipation, can't wait to see JM and CJ go toe to toe

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2007, 05:10 PM
fingers together... "excellent" i look forward to it with the utmost anticipation, can't wait to see JM and CJ go toe to toe

:indeed:

generaloneill
September 10th, 2007, 09:36 AM
its possible ronon dex will appear in one of the two stargate movies if these pictures are to be believed

http://upload3.postimage.org/5163/DSC08703.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/5163/photo_hosting.html)

http://upload3.postimage.org/5173/DSC08716.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/5173/photo_hosting.html)

i wouldn't mind seeing ronon appearing on sg-1 i've wanted to see him on sg-1even if it is just in one scene

Naonak
September 10th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Nope - those pics are from the filming of the Stargate: Atlantis episode "Midway". :ronan:

SGA fan
September 10th, 2007, 09:56 AM
its possible ronon dex will appear in one of the two stargate movies if these pictures are to be believed

http://upload3.postimage.org/5163/DSC08703.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/5163/photo_hosting.html)

http://upload3.postimage.org/5173/DSC08716.jpg (http://upload3.postimage.org/5173/photo_hosting.html)

i wouldn't mind seeing ronon appearing on sg-1 i've wanted to see him on sg-1even if it is just in one scene

nope there are from midway. but if I was going to to the ori galaxy. he is the man i would take :)

Ugly Pig
September 10th, 2007, 10:13 AM
How about you change the title of the thread to something that isn't, you know, a lie? As if this fandom wasn't already plagued by false rumors and people accepting stupid speculation as fact...

Mister Oragahn
September 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM
How about you change the title of the thread to something that isn't, you know, a lie? As if this fandom wasn't already plagued by false rumors and people accepting stupid speculation as fact...

Come on.
I'm sure you love those titles that say BIG SPACE BATTLE IN CONTINUUM and the first line in the OP is "what if there was a big sp..."

the fifth man
September 10th, 2007, 07:25 PM
At least Ronon will be making a trip to the SGC.

nekoi
September 11th, 2007, 03:23 AM
At least Ronon will be making a trip to the SGC.

This, I look forward to.:ronan:

g.o.d
September 11th, 2007, 04:17 AM
This, I look forward to.:ronan:

why?

wise one
September 11th, 2007, 07:28 AM
he seems to be holding a soldiers gun

g.o.d
September 11th, 2007, 07:31 AM
he seems to be holding a soldiers gun

yes, he holds G36

Ugly Pig
September 11th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Come on.
I'm sure you love those titles that say BIG SPACE BATTLE IN CONTINUUM and the first line in the OP is "what if there was a big sp..."

I must have missed that one. The point is, the title of this thread explicitly states that Ronon will appear in the SG-1 movies, which - as far as anybody knows - is simply not true.

Calhoun
September 11th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I must have missed that one. The point is, the title of this thread explicitly states that Ronon will appear in the SG-1 movies, which - as far as anybody knows - is simply not true.

This thread was started because someone misunderstood / took out of context some of the pictures from Joe Mallozzi's blog, so the thread title was correct from the POV of generaloneill.

Also, generaloneill's post clearly says "its possible ronon dex will appear in one of the two stargate movies", so don't go jumping down people's throats just because someone didn't include a question mark at the end of a thread title. Chill, dude. Forums are places to ask questions and share ideas, not simply post absolute truths and 100% verified facts.

Imperator
September 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Did anyone notice Teal'c's long hair in the photo?

Ugly Pig
September 11th, 2007, 03:06 PM
This thread was started because someone misunderstood / took out of context some of the pictures from Joe Mallozzi's blog, so the thread title was correct from the POV of generaloneill.
I don't want to get into an argument here, but that just is not okay. The title of the thread indicates that this was a fact rather than speculation. That's my problem. I'm not "jumping down people's throat", I'm just trying to point out that this is how rumors begin and (false) rumors is one thing this fandom does not need more of.

Forums are places to ask questions and share ideas, not simply post absolute truths and 100% verified facts.
Gahh! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. But when something is stated in a way that makes it sound like it's a fact, it better be a fact. But never mind, the title's been corrected now. I'm gonna drop the matter.

generaloneill
September 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Did anyone notice Teal'c's long hair in the photo?

I did i hope they aren't trying to turn teal'c into a ronon clone.

The long hair just doesn't suit teal'c the episode midway should end with teal'c going to get a haircut. :)

jenks
September 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
I seriously doubt the producers had anything to do with Chris Judge's hairstyle...

Mitchell82
September 12th, 2007, 04:33 PM
I don't want to get into an argument here, but that just is not okay. The title of the thread indicates that this was a fact rather than speculation. That's my problem. I'm not "jumping down people's throat", I'm just trying to point out that this is how rumors begin and (false) rumors is one thing this fandom does not need more of.

Gahh! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. But when something is stated in a way that makes it sound like it's a fact, it better be a fact. But never mind, the title's been corrected now. I'm gonna drop the matter.

ActuallyI agree with you. Although the poster thought that is what he saw he should not have created the thread stating something that was not true at all.

Xicer
September 13th, 2007, 04:23 PM
News!

Andy’s director’s cut of Midway is a lot of fun and chock full of action. Watch the big guys throw down and mete out some serious punishment with the big guns (and their equally big fists).

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-13-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 13th, 2007, 06:38 PM
News!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-13-2007.html

Oooo meaty action scenes love it!

talyn2k1
September 15th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Midway has to be one of the episodes I am most looking forward to.
Not only because I love the general idea of Midway, but also because CJ is in it, Kavanaugh is in it, Bill Lee is in it, and it seems like the Wraith get their hands on our new toy.

Also, did anyone notice the Midway logo in the Kavanaugh pic, looks cool.

And, pure coincidence I'm sure, but I made a 3d model of Midway after we saw the basic structure in Return, and I also have the big square bit sticking out the side and there seem to be similarities in the basic internal layout from what I could see in Adrift / Lifeline.
That project died just after christmas but I think I may have to resume it now that we have seen the completed station. Maybe just the internal layout this time though, got so bored making the outside.

Does anyone know what Kavanaugh's first name is, I can't make it out in the picture.

Xicer
September 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Doesn't have a lot to do with the episode, but hey, why not...

Toren writes: “ Hi, I don't believe we've met but I played Dempster for the episode "Midway." I was just going to lurk but when I saw some Lovecraft references I had to say "cheers" since I'm the lead singer in the Cthulhu rock band "The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets." Anyway I had a great time on set for my scenes. Now I'm going to have to go check out The Budapest. Oh, now that I think about it, any chance of tracking down a photo of me in my flight suit?”

Answer: Hey, Toren, it was great having you on the show. Sorry I missed you (or I would have snapped a pic) but you did a great job and the episode is going to be great. Good luck with your bond, enjoy the Budapest, and, off the top of my head, I’m not sure where to track down a photo of you in your flight suit if I didn’t snap it myself.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-16-2007.html

Mitchell82
September 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Doesn't have a lot to do with the episode, but hey, why not...

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-16-2007.html

*gasp* JM made a spelling error! I thought he was perfect.;)

PG15
September 17th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Not much of an update, but hey, it's a mention:

And for all those interested, Harmony is coming along nicely. With it, Midway, Kindred I and II, and Last Man closing out the season, there’s no doubt that we’ll certainly be finishing VERY strong.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-17-2007.html

sparkygate
September 18th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Heres a glimpse of the the midway station :cameron:

(Screencaps taken from adrift)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6130482.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6130868.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6131014.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6131129.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6131255.png

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6131443.png

Ltcolshepjumper
September 18th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Heres a glimpse of the the midway station :cameron:

(Screencaps taken from adrift)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f76/sparkygate/vlcsnap-6130482.png

I did not notice the Puddle jumper at the bottom.

SGFerrit
September 18th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Ooh yeah, didn't notice that!

Gen_J_O'Neill
September 18th, 2007, 07:06 PM
WOW, thanks for posting those sparkygate! :D

There unreal, I love it!

PG15
September 18th, 2007, 09:26 PM
That is incredible! Not too spoilerish either, at least for those only worrying about plot and character moment spoilers (i.e. me).

Anyway, good deal!! :D

beale947
September 19th, 2007, 04:19 AM
What are the chances it gets destroyed... Anything that looks that cool, and gives Atlantis an easy way home, is bound to be destroyed :(

*Erika*
September 19th, 2007, 04:29 AM
There is an interview with Joe Flanigan (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=6&show_article=1662&nl=1) with a bit of spoilerish information that made me think of this ep.

Figures.com: Anything you can tell the fans about what’s to come in this next season?

JF: The show will continue along the same lines as it always has. I’m hoping there will be more exploration of the city. It’s huge, and we’ve really seen so little of it! Also in this season we lose our main connection to Earth. That’s a major challenge we’ll have to overcome. It’s all very exciting.

It had me thinking...

beale947
September 19th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Well I think that may mean 1 of 3 things:

1) They can't dial to Earth from Atlantis, for whatever reason.
2)Daedalus/Apollo gets destroyed in the mid season eps (This mortal coil, Be all my Sin's Remember'd and spoils of war.
3)Midway get destroyed in 'Midway' which I think is what is going to happen.

God...anytime we get a decent scientific acheivement like that, its gets blown up :@

*Erika*
September 19th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Well I think that may mean 1 of 3 things:

1) They can't dial to Earth from Atlantis, for whatever reason.
2)Daedalus/Apollo gets destroyed in the mid season eps (This mortal coil, Be all my Sin's Remember'd and spoils of war.
3)Midway get destroyed in 'Midway' which I think is what is going to happen.

God...anytime we get a decent scientific acheivement like that, its gets blown up :@

Yeah, it's so predictable. If it's cool, then it's destroyed.

Gen_J_O'Neill
September 19th, 2007, 05:16 AM
lol I think JM confirmed (or should I say hinted at) that Midway does indeed get destroyed in 'Midway'. It will be a massive shame (after seeing those pics I'm in love with this station :P) but it should be cool, especially since Midway is going to play a pretty big role this season.

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
lol I think JM confirmed (or should I say hinted at) that Midway does indeed get destroyed in 'Midway'. It will be a massive shame (after seeing those pics I'm in love with this station :P) but it should be cool, especially since Midway is going to play a pretty big role this season.

If it is it's a shame but it makes the show all that more exciting and really adds alot more realisim and danger. Lets just hope Kav is on it when it blows.

*Erika*
September 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
If it is it's a shame but it makes the show all that more exciting and really adds alot more realisim and danger. Lets just hope Kav is on it when it blows.
:lol: Let's hope!

SGFerrit
September 19th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I hope it doesn't blow, but if it does, it will be quite cool in some ways. The rest of the bridge will still be there. They could just build another one!!!:D

It would be good if ...the Wraith we have seen in pics aren't there to attack it, but to defend it from the ASURANS trying to use it to get to Earth! We know we will be getting closer ties with the Wraith this year in the face of a bigger, common threat. I doubt they will be there to help, but it would be great.

Xicer
September 19th, 2007, 03:01 PM
It would be good if ...the Wraith we have seen in pics aren't there to attack it, but to defend it from the ASURANS trying to use it to get to Earth! We know we will be getting closer ties with the Wraith this year in the face of a bigger, common threat. I doubt they will be there to help, but it would be great.

Its a neat idea but we already saw a pic of a couple of Wraithed humans so its pretty safe to assume that the Wraith are there to attack.

Pic:
http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/Rs9ng2MlHpI/AAAAAAAAEhE/hjoS5Kvj3gA/s1600-h/DSC08620.JPG

songar87
September 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Once a jumper emerges in the Midway Space Station, how does it dial the gate on the opposite side if it is located between galaxies where there are no stars? Would any symbols on the any of the gates work as coordinates?

Lord batchi ball
September 19th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Mckay reprogramed the gates to dial one anther or somthing similar to that.

akren
September 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Puddle Jumpers also have in-built DHD's/remote dialers, just like Wraith darts.

Insofar as I aware IMVHO, :mckay: created a dialing macro that dials all the Milkyway gates, which is uploaded to the first MW Stargate in the chain to the SGC by the user. I assume the power source required ot intialize the spinning of the inner track of the MW Stargates is either supplied by the Puddle Jumper itself, or attached power sources similar to those found on the space gates in Pegasus.

More on how it works is mentioned in The Return (parts 1 & 2, S3). Keep an eye out for S4's Midway (you can refer S4 guide off GW homepage, but be aware of spoilers! ;)); the episode features the Midway Spacestation & will hopefully explain more about it's uses as well we get to see the completed station itself. :D

You can also refer to GW's Ominpedia, type in Midway Space Station, & Inter-Galactic Gate Bridge to bring up the references/entries on the :mckay: / :sam: space bridghe & the Midway Space Station.

Hope this helps1 :)

Tanith
September 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
The gate addresses point to a location in space, not stars or planets. McKay probably calculated the gates position in space and then worked out what address would be needed to dial that gate.

Xicer
September 19th, 2007, 05:09 PM
A little bit more from Joe:

We watched the Prod cuts of Midway and Harmony this morning. Fantastic episodes both.

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2007/09/september-19-2007.html

Archaeis
September 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM
It's not like the puddle jumper would be able to dial milky way gates anyway. It's DHD is set up with the glyphs from the Pegasus Stargate network, not the Milky Way one.

mikeroq
September 19th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Actually it can, in Return Pt 1, Sheppard dials an address and uploads the macro to the gate.

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 05:42 PM
:lol: Let's hope!

Indeed. Mabey he is the one that leaked info to the Wraith.

Mitchell82
September 19th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Actually it can, in Return Pt 1, Sheppard dials an address and uploads the macro to the gate.

The jumpers dhd is able to dial MW gates just as PG. As shown in Mobieus, and Return.

Platschu
September 20th, 2007, 02:02 AM
The jumper from Moebius had a special MW interface, which had MW glyphs! ;) So they could study the PJ and write a second macro for our galaxy too. :)

Here we spoke about the Midway Station:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46977

rarocks24
September 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM
IIRC, aren't Pegasus glphs able to translate into MW glyphs if there's a eigth gate address? I'm assuming this is how Earth is able to dial into Pegasus and Pegasus is able to dial to Earth?

mikeroq
September 20th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I wanted to follow up with some in episode shots from 'Adrift'

http://i10.tinypic.com/661jz13.png
Docking port for something?
http://i2.tinypic.com/4v84r50.png
http://i8.tinypic.com/4v5jqwy.png

IWKYZerocool
September 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM
I wanted to follow up with some in episode shots from 'Adrift'

http://i10.tinypic.com/661jz13.png
Docking port for something?
http://i2.tinypic.com/4v84r50.png
http://i8.tinypic.com/4v5jqwy.png

Nice pics, can't wait for this episiode.

Zangetsu-san
September 20th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Does anyone know what Kavanaugh's first name is, I can't make it out in the picture.

I can see little bit, it has to be Will or Mike either cause the first letter on patch of his looks like W or M to me.

Mitchell82
September 20th, 2007, 04:57 PM
IIRC, aren't Pegasus glphs able to translate into MW glyphs if there's a eigth gate address? I'm assuming this is how Earth is able to dial into Pegasus and Pegasus is able to dial to Earth?

Well they just use the dialing computers but I'm guessing the Ancients built that into the jumpers dhd, so that it could work in either location.

Mitchell82
September 20th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Midway has to be one of the episodes I am most looking forward to.
Not only because I love the general idea of Midway, but also because CJ is in it, Kavanaugh is in it, Bill Lee is in it, and it seems like the Wraith get their hands on our new toy.

And, pure coincidence I'm sure, but I made a 3d model of Midway after we saw the basic structure in Return, and I also have the big square bit sticking out the side and there seem to be similarities in the basic internal layout from what I could see in Adrift / Lifeline.
That project died just after christmas but I think I may have to resume it now that we have seen the completed station. Maybe just the internal layout this time though, got so bored making the outside.

I'm looking forward to most episodes but this is one of the eps I really look forward to. Don't know Kavanaugh's first name but I don't really care because I really want him to blow up with the station. It is supposed to be destroyed in the ep.

Maltrancko
September 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM
yes because the sky star system will look different from Cheyenne as from Atlantis, thus why the symbols would have to translate to an equivalent.

hence why the gate address for earth will look different in every DHD because the stars will be different above the horizon of every planet.

mikeroq
September 20th, 2007, 06:02 PM
If they do that, I will kill someone.

Mitchell82
September 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM
If they do that, I will kill someone.

Do what kill Kav or the station? Because the latter according to JM happens.

knowsfords
September 20th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Do what kill Kav or the station? Because the latter according to JM happens.

JM likes pulling peoples legs.. he wouldn't say an outright spoiler like that at all.