Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Midway" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Midway" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

JM has dropped off another title! It is uncertain where Midway is on the airing order, but there are 2 things we do know:

1. Carl Binder is writing it.
    2. It has been described as the "big-crossover" episode.

By the way, Mitch and Vala are NOT appearing in this episode, as JM has confirmed that as well. In fact, they won't appear at all in Season 4.

Interesting title, given this previous spoiler from JM:

The midway station will be featured in season 4.
    Source: Joe Mallozzi’s blog (February 23 entry)
    sigpic

Comment

Very interesting. I can't wait to see what the midway station looks like now. I was hoping to see it again.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Assuming that it is something to do with the Midway Station (which seems likely), I can think of two possible stories:
        - Somebody gets stuck there somehow, maybe with only limited air/supplies (could be a bit similar to Quarantine, though)
        -Somebody finds out about it that we really don't want finding out about it (Asurans, Wraith...)

Comment

We should ask on Joe's blog if this is about the station or not, just to be sure

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
            Assuming that it is something to do with the Midway Station (which seems likely), I can think of two possible stories:
            - Somebody gets stuck there somehow, maybe with only limited air/supplies (could be a bit similar to Quarantine, though)
            -Somebody finds out about it that we really don't want finding out about it (Asurans, Wraith...)
            Your first guess was mine also. Either that or I figured it might be a couple people in a Jumper, say Sam and McKay, getting stuck together. But there again you have Quarantine situation, and if it was Sam/McKay they might as well just re-title it "Grace Under Pressure: Revisited."

I like the idea that the wraith somehow find out about the station. It'd definitely be an interesting storyline.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Maybe it's not just referring to the midway station. Don't forget the Battle of Midway. Maybe this is an episode for all those that love space battles?

Comment

Good point on the battle of midway.. But i would like to know how the wraith wold get to the station, let alone find it.

Comment

No way I think I got it. It's an AU storyline. AU people meet SGA real world people....bless him for that!

I want to see scientific Shep! Is Weir in this, I wonder if she's an Athosian ala Purple_cube's old sig. Woohoo!!

I wanna see Rod. I loved Rod...and I loved my Rodney, but I wanna see Rod again. Did we ever find out if Rod is allergic to citrus? <---Just something that popped in my head.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    JM has dropped off another title! It is uncertain where Midway is on the airing order, but there are 2 things we do know:

1. Carl Binder is writing it.
                    2. It has been described as the "big-crossover" episode.

By the way, Mitch and Vala are NOT appearing in this episode, as JM has confirmed that as well. In fact, they won't appear at all in Season 4.
                    ...cool. Maybe its about the midway station being built.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                      Maybe it's not just referring to the midway station. Don't forget the Battle of Midway. Maybe this is an episode for all those that love space battles?
                      For me, Midway will always be WWII. http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq81-1.htm provides the details. I'm not THAT old but I think most people who hear the name won't even equate it to WW II (particularly after I got a glimpse of how they teach history in high school. eegads!)

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      No way I think I got it. It's an AU storyline. AU people meet SGA real world people....bless him for that!

I want to see scientific Shep! Is Weir in this, I wonder if she's an Athosian ala Purple_cube's old sig. Woohoo!!

I wanna see Rod. I loved Rod...and I loved my Rodney, but I wanna see Rod again. Did we ever find out if Rod is allergic to citrus? <---Just something that popped in my head.
                      No no no, no AUs! Those are the holodecks of Stargate. You do stuff that's life changing, etc., but when all it said and done, it never happened, so they're sort of a cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Very interesting. I can't wait to see what the midway station looks like now. I was hoping to see it again.
                        Your wish has been granted... this is a SPOILER image of the midway station, from the set in canada. Mind you, it's not completed, but you can get a pretty good idea of just how cool the station is gonna be.

Spoiler:

Comment

AWE. SOME. darn "no-all-capitals" rule

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Your wish has been granted... this is a SPOILER image of the midway station, from the set in canada. Mind you, it's not completed, but you can get a pretty good idea of just how cool the station is gonna be.

Spoiler:
                            LOL very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              . You do stuff that's life changing, etc., but when all it said and done, it never happened, so they're sort of a cheat.
                              Hey I love the Holodeck stories as well as AU. I like the battle of Midway idea also I think it be interesting if the Wraith or Asurans find the station.

Comment

Working...
                              X