• Show
Clear All

How high is this cliff?

Everest?
    Olympus mouns?

[Img]http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s9/919/Crusade_2264.jpg[/.Img]

Everest?
    Olympus mouns?

She should be suffering from hypothermia.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
      Everest?
      Olympus mouns?

She should be suffering from hypothermia.
      Yea it looks big, I don't think hypothermia big but big. Hard to believe someone that pregnant could climb that high. She was pregnant right?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
        Yea it looks big, I don't think hypothermia big but big. Hard to believe someone that pregnant could climb that high. She was pregnant right?
        Climb?
        Have you seen the episode?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
          vala walked up a path and got backed into that spot
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
            Climb?
            Have you seen the episode?
            I guess its a crater then. And yes I have seen it, and every single other episode, smart a#$.

Comment

perhaps they get bigger when you rub them
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

ravine maybe, but not everest hight. id just say a little higher than your average cliff. you dont hear people getting hypothermia by taking a day long strole at grand canyon.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

It's a good point though, these ships are supposed to be the biggest ships out there, but still you can make out the dots that are humans. I think TPTB wanted to show us how many Ori-ships that are being built, take into account that this is only one of the Ori-controlled planets, so wtf!1!1!1!11!11!1 there must be hunderds of those mofos
                  The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hjalmar View Post
                    It's a good point though, these ships are supposed to be the biggest ships out there, but still you can make out the dots that are humans. I think TPTB wanted to show us how many Ori-ships that are being built, take into account that this is only one of the Ori-controlled planets, so wtf!1!1!1!11!11!1 there must be hunderds of those mofos
                    Where do you get these are suppose to be the biggest out there?

Wraith hive ships are WAY bigger.

The Daedalus can fit through the toilet bowl part its so big.

I say the scaling is right, you can see a little factory down there.
                    Visit my Website

Comment

I don't think the ships are in a crater, a crater wouldn't have those pillars that are standing up. Those types of formations are the result of erosion. It may even be a former continental shelf that was exposed when sea levels lowered at some time in the past. Anyways, I don' think she is that high up. I would say probably no more than a mile or so up. If you look at the ship in the lower left of the picture, it almost looks like it might reach the top of the cliff if you stood it on end. Unfortunately we aren't given much to get perspective with so it's really hard to say for sure.

Comment

the ori main ships are certainly not the largest ships out there, there is no doubt on that, I mean heck they're the least tactically feasible ships in any galaxy.
                        "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

Originally posted by TKG View Post
                          the ori main ships are certainly not the largest ships out there, there is no doubt on that, I mean heck they're the least tactically feasible ships in any galaxy.
                          I don't see how tactical feasibility and the size of a ship has any relation.

About the feasibility of Ori ship building, consider their unique properties and that they have to make room for that huge glowy core, the design is stupid unless you consider the core, it is a big (as in bloody huge) ball of energy and you need to make room for it, what do you do?
                          I would personally build my ship around it aswell...

Comment

The scalings in that photo are off, just as they are in the episode Camelot. I did some of my scaling attempts with that exact shot, and you can actually see little people walking around next to the ship.

When I scaled the ship with that shot, I came up with a ship length of 200 meters, which was consistent with the scaling I did with the Ori ship coming out of the supergate in Camelot. Of course since that time, the ships have grown to 1000+ meters in length, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Originally posted by NATIK
                            I don't see how tactical feasibility and the size of a ship has any relation.
                            That was my point when defending my original scaling attempts. Of course the general mentality of the ship hounds on this board automatically assume bigger is better, regardless of the technology on board the ship.

Originally posted by NATIK
                            About the feasibility of Ori ship building, consider their unique properties and that they have to make room for that huge glowy core, the design is stupid unless you consider the core, it is a big (as in bloody huge) ball of energy and you need to make room for it, what do you do?
                            The interesting thing about the Ori power core is that we've seen it as an internal chamber in Counterstrike, but there is still the exterior 'glowy ball' thingy that hasn't been explained. If the chamber is as large as it looks in the show, it wouldn't fit anywhere inside the ship.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Everest ???? Dont be ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X