Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks for Spoiling season 4 with your titles guys.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for Spoiling season 4 with your titles guys.

Wow this is my first day using Gateworld. With the hiatus and a lack of Scifi i figured I'd finally check out gateworld forums. But with all the spoilers I've seen in the Atlantis forum I think I've made a mistake. At least I know not to visit any of the other forums now.

I know not really a topic just a general gripe you can give me a negative review and move on I guess.

well.... welcome to GateWorld!!!

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Hi there

firstly, welcome

secondly - if you're unhappy with the title of one of the threads I posted in, don't send inflammatory emails and not tell me which thread.

And check your emails
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Oh and, for the record - if you didn't want spoiled for season four, why did you go to the season four forum which is a SPOILER forum?!?!

Go and read the FAQ, that's what everyone else does before they post
        sigpic

Comment

I should also point out that it should be expected that there will be lots of spoilers in a forum devoted to a season that has not yet aired.

edit: Yeah, what he said. *points to the post above his*

Comment

The Forum label clearly states:

"Coming this year to SCI FI Channel! Beware of SPOILERS"
            sigpic

Comment

Some people have problem with reading...even long time members of GW are afflicted by this sickness, more often than not. All I have to say is...Hooked on Phonics, people....Hooked on Phonics.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Titles come up on the main page though in the "Last Post" column, so I can see the original poster's point.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

When you see the link for Season 4 it clearly states.

Atlantis - Season Four (35 Viewing) (<---Currently 35 are viewing)
                  Coming this year to SCI FI Channel! Beware of SPOILERS

^^ Said clearly, unless s/he has difficulty reading. Explain to me where the original poster has a point?! Spiolers were to be expected no matter what.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Because the last thread to be posted in within each board is listed on the main page (right next to the number of posts), because of this, thread titles, regardless of their location should always be spoiler free IMO. That is why I feel he/she has a point.

This forum has spoiler rules which are blatantly ignored by a large number of the people on GW, so no, I don't feel that spoilers are to be expected.
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by startrek View Post
                      Wow this is my first day using Gateworld. With the hiatus and a lack of Scifi i figured I'd finally check out gateworld forums. But with all the spoilers I've seen in the Atlantis forum I think I've made a mistake. At least I know not to visit any of the other forums now.

I know not really a topic just a general gripe you can give me a negative review and move on I guess.
                      if you want to avoid spoilers, you need to the main GW site - as spoiler info crops up there in news articles, any thread on season 4 SGA, and well... on this board, it's hard not to trip over spoilers. You'll find them in any thread - news, character/actor discussion.

Comment

Point being - this member didn't use the last post function...he specifically went in to the s4 board (which is 99% spoilers) then moaned about finding spoilers.

And he emailed me and had a little rant at me, without even telling me which thread it was...Except I have a good idea which thread it is and it's title was changed by a mod about 2 months back.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by startrek View Post

a) If you feel a thread title is spoilery you should use the Report Post function to bring it the mods' attention so they can fix it
                          b) Most people try to keep thread titles unspoilery, as per GW rules, but some information - particularly about casting changes - is so widely-known that it has become impossible to adequately spoiler protect it.. and impossible to post threads discussing it that don't give some indication in the title as to the relevant spoiler
                          c) If you didn't want to be spoiled at all, in any way, the Season 4 folder was really the last place you should have come to. If you don't want to know any spoilery information, why did you even look in this forum? What were you expecting to find here?!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            Point being - this member didn't use the last post function...he specifically went in to the s4 board (which is 99% spoilers) then moaned about finding spoilers.

And he emailed me and had a little rant at me, without even telling me which thread it was...Except I have a good idea which thread it is and it's title was changed by a mod about 2 months back.

Hehe, same here. Although, he didn't rant that much in mine.

Comment

If you don't want to be spoiled then you need to avoid the forum.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X