Season Finale --- Suicide by Cop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Finale --- Suicide by Cop

Okay, this has really been frustrating me.

Why did Nathan sacrifice himself?

Peter can fly, too... He could've just flown up into the sky, and handled it.

I can set aside the whole "Hey - look ma - a nuclear bomb! Okay, it's over. Let's go back outside." But within the continuacy of the show... There is no reason Peter couldn't have flown himself.

Unless Nathan was martyring himself. Then we kill the romantic moment, though.

I thought about that too. Doesn't make sense to me either.
    sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

fans have been discussing that Peter might not have been able to use his other powers as he was focusing so hard not to explode then and there in the city, so Nathan decided to take over and help him out.

Comment

I believe even the producers said something like Peter couldn't use his other powers at that time

Comment

Yeh Tim Kring was questioned about that and he said that the audience wasn't supposed to be thinking about that but about the moment between Nathan and Peter.

But who knows, I doubt that Nathan and Peter are dead though!!
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

We kinda discussed this in the other thread. Thanks for reading those before deciding to start a repeat thread.

Anyway, Peter has to concentrate to call forth each derivative power. When you're whole concentration is "DON'T BLOW UP DON'T BLOW UP", you really can't concentrate on anything else. He couldn't fly because he was doing his best not to explode any sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
              Anyway, Peter has to concentrate to call forth each derivative power. When you're whole concentration is "DON'T BLOW UP DON'T BLOW UP", you really can't concentrate on anything else. He couldn't fly because he was doing his best not to explode any sooner.
              Exactly! So, IMO, Nathan did what he felt he had to do to help Peter out. Personally, I really admire what he did.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What esactly does "Suicide BY Cop" mean in the topic title?
                sigpic

Comment

It means DUUURRRRR I LIKE MAKING REPEAT THREADS. LET ME MAKE ANOTHER WON DURRR

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                    What esactly does "Suicide BY Cop" mean in the topic title?
                    Suicide by cop usually means getting a cop to kill you, so you don't have to yourself, as far as it's use in this instance, it really makes no sense whatsoever.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Peter -"I took his power Nathan, I can't control it...I can't do anything!"

rewatch the scene again, the nuclear power was taking over everything..

Comment

Originally posted by Milleniumlance View Post
                        Peter -"I took his power Nathan, I can't control it...I can't do anything!"

rewatch the scene again, the nuclear power was taking over everything..
                        I thought that was pretty obvious, myself. I'm not sure why so many people are taking issue with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          I thought that was pretty obvious, myself. I'm not sure why so many people are taking issue with it.
                          That was definitely obvious to me. You could tell by the look on Peter's face. He was scared to death of what he was about to do.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll second the "WTF does 'suicide by cop' have to do with anything?" comments. I figured there'd at least be a mention of Parkman since he was the only cop on scene at the time, but I think he was too busy bleeding to death to attempt shooting Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              I'll second the "WTF does 'suicide by cop' have to do with anything?" comments. I figured there'd at least be a mention of Parkman since he was the only cop on scene at the time, but I think he was too busy bleeding to death to attempt shooting Peter.
                              Maybe Parkman was attempting suicide by himself, errr wait.....
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X