PDA

View Full Version : Season Finale --- Suicide by Cop

Tekin_Kashami
June 5th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Okay, this has really been frustrating me.

Why did Nathan sacrifice himself?

Peter can fly, too... He could've just flown up into the sky, and handled it.

I can set aside the whole "Hey - look ma - a nuclear bomb! Okay, it's over. Let's go back outside." But within the continuacy of the show... There is no reason Peter couldn't have flown himself.

Unless Nathan was martyring himself. Then we kill the romantic moment, though.

M2W
June 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I thought about that too. Doesn't make sense to me either.

TheWarrior
June 5th, 2007, 10:54 PM
fans have been discussing that Peter might not have been able to use his other powers as he was focusing so hard not to explode then and there in the city, so Nathan decided to take over and help him out.

entity22
June 6th, 2007, 03:41 AM
I believe even the producers said something like Peter couldn't use his other powers at that time

The Ori
June 6th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Yeh Tim Kring was questioned about that and he said that the audience wasn't supposed to be thinking about that but about the moment between Nathan and Peter.

But who knows, I doubt that Nathan and Peter are dead though!!

IcyNeko
June 6th, 2007, 08:22 AM
We kinda discussed this in the other thread. Thanks for reading those before deciding to start a repeat thread.

Anyway, Peter has to concentrate to call forth each derivative power. When you're whole concentration is "DON'T BLOW UP DON'T BLOW UP", you really can't concentrate on anything else. He couldn't fly because he was doing his best not to explode any sooner.

the fifth man
June 6th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Anyway, Peter has to concentrate to call forth each derivative power. When you're whole concentration is "DON'T BLOW UP DON'T BLOW UP", you really can't concentrate on anything else. He couldn't fly because he was doing his best not to explode any sooner.

Exactly! So, IMO, Nathan did what he felt he had to do to help Peter out. Personally, I really admire what he did.

Archaeis
June 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
What esactly does "Suicide BY Cop" mean in the topic title?

IcyNeko
June 7th, 2007, 12:08 PM
It means DUUURRRRR I LIKE MAKING REPEAT THREADS. LET ME MAKE ANOTHER WON DURRR

jds1982
June 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM
What esactly does "Suicide BY Cop" mean in the topic title?

Suicide by cop usually means getting a cop to kill you, so you don't have to yourself, as far as it's use in this instance, it really makes no sense whatsoever.

Milleniumlance
June 7th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Peter -"I took his power Nathan, I can't control it...I can't do anything!"

rewatch the scene again, the nuclear power was taking over everything..

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Peter -"I took his power Nathan, I can't control it...I can't do anything!"

rewatch the scene again, the nuclear power was taking over everything..

I thought that was pretty obvious, myself. I'm not sure why so many people are taking issue with it.

the fifth man
June 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I thought that was pretty obvious, myself. I'm not sure why so many people are taking issue with it.

That was definitely obvious to me. You could tell by the look on Peter's face. He was scared to death of what he was about to do.

ShadowMaat
June 8th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I'll second the "WTF does 'suicide by cop' have to do with anything?" comments. I figured there'd at least be a mention of Parkman since he was the only cop on scene at the time, but I think he was too busy bleeding to death to attempt shooting Peter. :P

jds1982
June 9th, 2007, 01:30 AM
I'll second the "WTF does 'suicide by cop' have to do with anything?" comments. I figured there'd at least be a mention of Parkman since he was the only cop on scene at the time, but I think he was too busy bleeding to death to attempt shooting Peter. :P

Maybe Parkman was attempting suicide by himself, errr wait.....:tealcanime49:

ShadowMaat
June 9th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Maybe Parkman was attempting suicide by himself, errr wait.....:tealcanime49:

LOL! Inadvertently, yeah. Is there such a thing as accidental suicide? ;)

jds1982
June 10th, 2007, 01:05 AM
LOL! Inadvertently, yeah. Is there such a thing as accidental suicide? ;)

Yes. (http://www.darwinawards.com/)

Iguana775
June 13th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Hopefully Nathan was able to just toss him and get away before blowing up.

But Peter more than likely isnt dead since he was alive in the future episode and he blew up in that one. So he can survive the blast.

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Yes. (http://www.darwinawards.com/)

I'd have said that was more death by stupidity. :P I always thought of suicide as a conscious decision to stop living, but yeah, if anything counted as accidental suicide, the Darwin Award winners would be the ones.

Piranha
June 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Firstly, we dont know that Peter and Nathan are dead.

Nathan couldve taken Peter up really high, dropped him and then flew away.
Peter can heal himself so he might just "fall" back to the ground.

The whole point of the scene was to show that Nathan wasnt gonna let things play out like LInderman planned. He wanted to change things.