This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperspace window colors

I know, i know its prolly been said but i searched and couldnt find it.Why is the hyperspace entering different in the two shows, is it the show difference? or just because of different galaxy?I'm asking cause theres episodes in which both different looking enterings are sometimes in same episode of Atlantis so... im puzzled.

Its the ships i think, because on sg1 when they were using the Goa'uld hyperspace engine the rip looked like the Goa'uld's. but when they upgraded to the Asgard Hyperdrives the rip changed to the Asgard one. this is evident as in later sg1 eps you see a ha'tak and al'kesh enter hyperspace and it has the goa'uld looking rip.

This is also the same with the hyperspace 'look' with a Goa'uld one you can sometimes see the stars, but with the Asgard one you don't.

I can't remember(SHOCK), but i the wraiths ships have the same rip as the Ancients as they prob stole it from them.

OH and the creepy thing is that i was thinking about this just the other day!

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
      I know, i know its prolly been said but i searched and couldnt find it.Why is the hyperspace entering different in the two shows, is it the show difference? or just because of different galaxy?I'm asking cause theres episodes in which both different looking enterings are sometimes in same episode of Atlantis so... im puzzled.
      I thought it was because of either the different type of hyperdrive engine or Galaxy because in Atlantis its Green when in the Milk Way it is Purple. Personally they should just keep using the green because it goes well with the 304's and because it is a faster hyperdrive and it is a Asgard Hyperdrive.

Comment

I like the purple one.I think its just random cause in SGA the Daedalus used the purple-ish entering at first then changes to all green electric looking one.However up until the very end of SG1 the Odyssey used all purple one like the Goa'uld do.And the Orion used the green one as well.In Sg1 the Ori motherships always use purple one also.And by the way
        Spoiler:
        ATLANTIS even used the green hyperspace entering in "First Strike"

In siege part 3 the wraith cruisers used purple one then after that all the other wraith ships used the green one.

Ahhh I'm going to go crazy why can't they pick one and use it?!?!?

Comment

It is confusing but I think they're just playing around to see which looks better. personally a prefer the Green Pegasus-Galaxy hyperspace wormhole

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

The original Special Effects man sadly died so the new special effects man doesn’t know how to reproduce the old effects

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

... or do hyperspace windows opened in Pegasus (even in SG-1 episodes set in Atlantis) have a green tinge, in contrast to SG-1's blue windows?

If so, why? :-S

Comment

The Milky Way is sad because it's being invaded, while the Pegasus is envious of Milky Way's lack of life-sucking aliens.

Think about it.

Comment

mold?
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

the green tingle can be easily be explained by the the formula q(trh)/(pi*5.12x^2) = no one really cares.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                      the green tingle can be easily be explained by the the formula q(trh)/(pi*5.12x^2) = no one really cares.
                      lol Green for you

Comment

'Cause Atlantis is a spoiled show. Therefore the green.. sorry

Comment

personally i think they should use the Green Hyperspace colour for all 304's.

Comment

SG-1 started off using the purple windows with the Prometheus and 302, then blue windows with the Odyssey, and when Atlantis came along they used green for some reason.
                            I think they left SG-1's windows as they were simply to add another degree of separation between the two shows.

I don't know of a canon reason for the color difference. I think 2ndgenerationalteran said it best!

Comment

i noticed that. thought it was my imagination at first. but anyway i think it's just one of those things. like how the wormholes are different colours.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X