PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Beckett after Sunday? Spoilers and speculation

lightstorm
June 5th, 2007, 12:19 PM
self explanatory. i figure someone's got to ask the question.
i say yes he definitely has what it takes to ascend. (unlike McKay) so he could have ascended. what do others think?

Praetorian
June 5th, 2007, 12:43 PM
They took his body back to earth in a coffin so im guessing not. After ascension there isnt usually a body left over.

kimaken
June 5th, 2007, 12:47 PM
i say yes he definitely has what it takes to ascend. (unlike McKay) so he could have ascended. what do others think?

No, unfortunately--Carson didn't ascend. That's reserved for special people like Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay. I expect at some point in time Sheppard might ascend briefly as well. But not Carson.

Besides, Joe Mallozzi said in an interview or his blog some time ago that Carson did NOT ascend.

jenks
June 5th, 2007, 01:24 PM

He doesn't, atleast not on his own.

monkey_man132
June 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
No, he did not ascend. Its silly to think he can. Why is he special and can ascend? He is just a ordinary person (with an extra-ordinary love of turtles). He can't ascend, and he didn't.

parisindy
June 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
i think i read somewhere from one of tptb that the answer to that was no
but i can't remember where and i have no proof of that

sueKay
June 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Joe Mallozzi stated on his blog that Carson hadn't ascended

Pharaoh Atem
June 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
IMO it i think there did it so the fans could say goodbye.

heaven forbid he have another Janet type problem again

parisindy
June 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Joe Mallozzi stated on his blog that Carson hadn't ascended

ahh that explains it ,,, i never read that thing, so i must of heard someone mention it... that why i didn't know where it came from

thanks

Wraith_Boy
June 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
No, unfortunately--Carson didn't ascend. That's reserved for special people like Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay. I expect at some point in time Sheppard might ascend briefly as well. But not Carson.

Besides, Joe Mallozzi said in an interview or his blog some time ago that Carson did NOT ascend.

I'm sorry that's plain stupid, what makes Jackson so special. He had help in his 2 times. McKay now back to normal can't ascend by himself. While Shep or any of the others couldn't ascend by themselves as of yet because they aren't physically advanced enough to do so!

So it wouldn't be totally out of the wall that an ascended being stepped in to help him ascend.

There was a coffin, but there have been numerous times in the past where empty coffins have been buried (people lost at sea etc), simply as an act of respect & a mark of remembrance to the person(s) who have passed.

There may have even been bits blown off that they placed in the coffin, the main torso not found so they assumed it burned up in the explosion.

It's not out of the realms of possibility for it to have happened like that. However we know it ain't gonna play out that way because JM said so!

I think time travel & alternate versions have also been ruled out of the equation as well!

Therefore that leaves a few possibilities as to his fate:

1. He really is dead! The team stranded/trapped or whatever, recall a past off-world mission that involved Beckett or whatever. So at the end of it, he isn't back, meaning they don't have to explain it away to anyone.

2. He's an Asuran, replicated in Beckett's form (achieved from when they were all captured in 'The Retun II') who comes back or they find suddenly on another planet. He seeks out their help, or fools them in being taken back to Atlantis. From there he works on the inside, maybe sabotaging their anti-replicator weapons or satellite. It would play out similar to the replicator version of Carter in S8 of SG-1.

3. Same as above, but he's been cloned by the Wraith & sent back to Atlantis as a spy to get the retro-virus, or even the upgraded specs to allow them to upgrade their hyperdrives.

(This is the one I'm going for)
4. Michael having something to do with it. He had him tied down & unconscious for goodness knows how long in 'Misbegotten'. Plenty of time to have taken samples or what have you. Maybe he finds out Beckett is dead, angry at not getting the chance to kill him personally, he creates a cloned version. Maybe makes him suffer by turning him into a hybrid like himself. Takes the human genes, splices them with Wraith genes, or those of the Iratus bug. Then gives him a dose of the retro-virus. Either way, he's some sort of half-human part Wraith/Iratus bug. Forcing him to take regular doses of the enzyme or retro-virus to stay alive or at least have the human part of him remain dormant & in control.

He finds out Atlantis is gone, so uses Beckett as the bait or inside man to get his revenge on them. Maybe even he uses him as as stress ball by torturing him. Atlantis team finds him off-world by accident & busts him out. It could even turn out that Michael held the real Beckett all along & the one from 'Misbegotten' was a clone.

One thing I am sure about is that he probably won't be back as the good old Doc Beckett. If he came back normal, then there really would be no reason to keep him off Atlantis. Meaning he'd be in more eps. They only have him planned for 2 as of yet. So presumably he ain't sticking around after him eps have finished. Therefore he's evil & helps Michael by betraying his friends on Atlantis. At the end of the ep, he's either killed by Shep, McKay, Ronon or Teyla, or escapes into the night to fight another day.

Would love to see him come back as normal Carson, they could even have him be forced to take doses of the enzyme or retro-virus to stay alive/human because of what Michael done to him. This not only leaves Beckett with new fresh stories & endless possibilities for character advancement. It also gives the team problems can they trust him because there is Wraith in him & if he stops taking the medication he'll go back & potentially turn on them.

I'd like that to happen to him, have him back on Atlantis at the end of the ep. Then have Keller, ironically his replacment end up being his saviour by finding a cure. S5 comes around & she ends up finding it & he comes back good as new. Don't see it happening though!

PG15
June 5th, 2007, 07:26 PM
He won't be in a flashback; Joe said it will be a flesh-and-blood Carson that comes back.

Wraith_Boy
June 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
He won't be in a flashback; Joe said it will be a flesh-and-blood Carson that comes back.

If they are recalling a past mission, a sort of prequel if you will before the events of his demise. Like you recalling something that happened a few weeks ago & telling someone of it. It really happened, so it would actually be him in the flesh at the end of the day.

However I do agree that they probably won't go down that route. It's more likely to be an Asuran or Wraith version of Beckett that we will see.

Mitchell82
June 5th, 2007, 08:56 PM
If they are recalling a past mission, a sort of prequel if you will before the events of his demise. Like you recalling something that happened a few weeks ago & telling someone of it. It really happened, so it would actually be him in the flesh at the end of the day.

However I do agree that they probably won't go down that route. It's more likely to be an Asuran or Wraith version of Beckett that we will see.

I doubt the first theory and I also doubt the Asuran but as I said in another thread Michael could have something to do with it.

Atlantis15
June 6th, 2007, 06:10 AM
Just a thought but maybe one of them gets ill with something or other and sees Carson like when Dr Weir saw Jack when she was infected with Replicator nanites in "The Real World".

Of course it can't be exactly the same but maybe something along those lines.

Feel free to tear this theory to pieces.

Ruffles
June 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM
JM said on one of his blog entries that there is a subtle hint in late S3. So unless it's somewhere in Sunday, that leaves Submersion, Vengeance and First Strike.

I, too, am leaning toward the Michael angle due to Vengeance and that Michael is supposedly in the latter half of S4. I believe it's possible that he cloned Beckett and took the clone with him to help in his research. I haven't thought of an explanation that I like on why he doesn't return to Atlantis.

I find wraith_boy's explanation interesting. I think it's also possible that he's tied somehow to Michael and can't leave.

P-90_177
June 6th, 2007, 06:36 AM

He's dead, he's burried. End of story for OUR beckett.

Atlantis15
June 6th, 2007, 08:55 AM
it's not the end of Beckett completely, that's waht i love about sci-fi they always find someway to come back.

Mitchell82
June 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
He's dead, he's burried. End of story for OUR beckett.

Not really. Our Beckett will be back.

kimaken
June 6th, 2007, 06:48 PM

I really don't believe that's going to happen. Perhaps some sort of AU or clone version, but not OUR Beckett, unless as others have speculated, he's a flashback memory. Since there will only be 2 eps in the latter half of S4 that include Beckett, it can't be OUR Beckett--otherwise why would he appear in only 2 episodes? Much as I love the character, I'm concerned about tuning in for those 2 episodes because I fear they'll only kill him off again. No thank you, once was more than enough for me!

Atlantis15
June 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM
If it is a clone, do you think the clone will know it's a clone or do you think Michael bodged the job and made it think he's the real Beckett?.

prion
June 7th, 2007, 04:06 AM

then if OUR Beckett is going to be back, who died? cuz it's pretty much impossible to resurrect anyone once you're a charred corpse....

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 07:39 AM
then if OUR Beckett is going to be back, who died? cuz it's pretty much impossible to resurrect anyone once you're a charred corpse....

Well I've speculated that the one that died was a clone that Michael created.

Ruffles
June 7th, 2007, 08:40 AM
If it is a clone, do you think the clone will know it's a clone or do you think Michael bodged the job and made it think he's the real Beckett?.

Hmmmm... I don't there is any reason for the clone to know he is unless Michael tells him. For all he knows, he was captured and been held prisoner all this time.

marty2006
June 7th, 2007, 09:45 AM
He died. Whos know what kinds of tech lies deep in atlantis, maybe they find a way to talk to the dead.

Ruffles
June 7th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Well I've speculated that the one that died was a clone that Michael created.

I have heard this suggested before. What I haven't been able to work out is when Michael would have done that. I didn't think he had the time or the resources during No Man's Land.

What is your theory?

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
I have heard this suggested before. What I haven't been able to work out is when Michael would have done that. I didn't think he had the time or the resources during No Man's Land.

What is your theory?

My theory is that he got some DNA from Carson in No Mans Land or Misbegotten and started work on the clone throughout the season and mabey somehow in the Game, an ep that carson was absent from Carson was offworld on another misson and switched with our Carson?

Ruffles
June 7th, 2007, 11:48 AM
My theory is that he got some DNA from Carson in No Mans Land or Misbegotten and started work on the clone throughout the season and mabey somehow in the Game, an ep that carson was absent from Carson was offworld on another misson and switched with our Carson?

Interesting thought. Bit of a stretch for me, but as we know, anything is possible in science fiction. If the clone died and our Carson is still alive, what excuse do you envision for him to not return to Atlantis?

jenks
June 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
But a clone wouldn't have all of his memories...

Mitchell82
June 7th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Interesting thought. Bit of a stretch for me, but as we know, anything is possible in science fiction. If the clone died and our Carson is still alive, what excuse do you envision for him to not return to Atlantis?

I know a bit of a stretch but as you said anything is possibe. As to your second part Michael could still have him captured or without a GDO would have no way to return without being squashed like a bug.

Ruffles
June 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM
I know a bit of a stretch but as you said anything is possibe. As to your second part Michael could still have him captured or without a GDO would have no way to return without being squashed like a bug.

So you're thinking he won't be interacting with the team in the 2 parter they are writing, or just interacting over video like Common Ground? I hadn't considered that only the audience would see Carson, but I guess it's possible.

So many options and so much time to mull them over, eh? ;) Is it fall yet?

Team SG-1*save the show*
June 7th, 2007, 12:55 PM
This is how i think carson will return

Spoilers for tao of Rodney (season 3)

I think they will use that machine that Rodney used. carson said that they keep blood from all the people on Atlantis so they should be able to get that ascension machine to return carson (???)

Ruffles
June 7th, 2007, 01:40 PM
This is how i think carson will return

Spoilers for tao of Rodney (season 3)

I think they will use that machine that Rodney used. carson said that they keep blood from all the people on Atlantis so they should be able to get that ascension machine to return carson (???)

That was actually what I originally thought. However someone asked JM if we had seen the subtle S3 hint on how Carson was returning, and he said not yet.

cshawzye
June 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I really don't believe that's going to happen. Perhaps some sort of AU or clone version, but not OUR Beckett, unless as others have speculated, he's a flashback memory. Since there will only be 2 eps in the latter half of S4 that include Beckett, it can't be OUR Beckett--otherwise why would he appear in only 2 episodes? Much as I love the character, I'm concerned about tuning in for those 2 episodes because I fear they'll only kill him off again. No thank you, once was more than enough for me!

The idea of a flashback is a neat one but I don't think that his appearance in s4 will consist of that. In his interview, posted on Save Carson Beckett, JM said that it will be Carson in the flesh. It won't be an AU Carson or a time-hopping Carson and at the end of the arc the door will apparently be left open for Carson to appear again.

I guess that the door being left open could mean that a flashback might occur because the door left open would just mean he could be in another flashback episode or something. I don't know about that but I suppose it's possible.

It seems to me that it all points to it being our Carson in the flesh. Though, I'm sure there are several scenarios in which it wouldn't be. And that really does muddle up what actually happened to Carson in Sunday. Presumably he died because I don't think there is anyway that he could have survived what happened.

I've just completely contradicted myself several times here. Whoops.

Sarge300491
June 7th, 2007, 06:01 PM
maybe the replicators have there hands in there heads and the last 3 episodes was all made up lol

Atlantis15
June 8th, 2007, 01:55 AM
There is a flaw with the clone theory. As far as we know Michael doesn't have experience with cloning so it would have taken him several tries to get Carson right which would have taken a lot of time and leave no time for the clone to actually grow.

Also Mckay pointed out in Tao of Rodney that he was lucky the machine hadn't killed him.

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2007, 03:54 PM
There is a flaw with the clone theory. As far as we know Michael doesn't have experience with cloning so it would have taken him several tries to get Carson right which would have taken a lot of time and leave no time for the clone to actually grow.

Also Mckay pointed out in Tao of Rodney that he was lucky the machine hadn't killed him.

Thats a good point. Well that theory is blown. Is it fall yet?

Liam Kincaid
June 9th, 2007, 12:39 AM
I've just completely contradicted myself several times here.

Congratulations, that qualifies you to be a writer for Stargate.

cshawzye
June 9th, 2007, 09:09 AM

Also Mckay pointed out in Tao of Rodney that he was lucky the machine hadn't killed him. That's the thing, though, "as far as we know." Who knows what the writers could pull out to justify a clone. They could have a one liner that explains something about wraith culture and clones and then bam it'd be possible for their to be a Carson clone running around. Not that I think that's how anything would happen but I'm not sure it'd be too difficult for them to come up with some way to give the wraith that kind of knowledge.

Though, I like the clone idea, I think I'd tend to agree that it's got a lot of holes in.

Congratulations, that qualifies you to be a writer for Stargate. :lol:

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2007, 03:08 PM
That's the thing, though, "as far as we know." Who knows what the writers could pull out to justify a clone. They could have a one liner that explains something about wraith culture and clones and then bam it'd be possible for their to be a Carson clone running around. Not that I think that's how anything would happen but I'm not sure it'd be too difficult for them to come up with some way to give the wraith that kind of knowledge.

Though, I like the clone idea, I think I'd tend to agree that it's got a lot of holes in.

:lol:

To semi quote Jack Oneill, The writers have a great way of pulling brillant ideas out of their butts. Who knows what they will come up with.

Atlantis15
June 18th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I suppose the clone idea is still on the table but I'm hoping it's not a clone cos that would be weird Id rather it were the real Carson Beckett then a guy that looked like him.

Cameron Mitchel
June 18th, 2007, 07:24 AM
That's the thing, though, "as far as we know." Who knows what the writers could pull out to justify a clone. They could have a one liner that explains something about wraith culture and clones and then bam it'd be possible for their to be a Carson clone running around. Not that I think that's how anything would happen but I'm not sure it'd be too difficult for them to come up with some way to give the wraith that kind of knowledge.

How 'bout it's common cuz maybe the wraith soldiers are clones. That's possible since They aren't like the regular wraith. They're bulky, and all seem to be male. Also, they're less human-like than the regular female and male wraith. And then there's the writer's getting into the wraith and their culture. So, it's possible, just that'd really not be what PM fans want unless they made him good.

cshawzye
June 18th, 2007, 07:33 AM
I suppose the clone idea is still on the table but I'm hoping it's not a clone cos that would be weird Id rather it were the real Carson Beckett then a guy that looked like him. I think, at this point, anything is still on the table. But I tend to agree. I'm glad it seems like we're getting the real Carson back. The clone idea is fun to toss around but I'm not sure how I'd actually feel about it becoming canon.

How 'bout it's common cuz maybe the wraith soldiers are clones. That's possible since They aren't like the regular wraith. They're bulky, and all seem to be male. Also, they're less human-like than the regular female and male wraith. And then there's the writer's getting into the wraith and their culture. So, it's possible, just that'd really not be what PM fans want unless they made him good. There ya go. I'd love to get more about the wraith culture and have it mixed in with Carson's return. I bet tptb could come up with some interesting insights that way. Hmm ...

Cameron Mitchel
June 18th, 2007, 07:36 AM
That was actually what I originally thought. However someone asked JM if we had seen the subtle S3 hint on how Carson was returning, and he said not yet.
No, it's probably in the last episode> First Strike. Should I just spill it out in spoilers, or just wait 'til after Friday (which I don't want to do)?

Mitchell82
June 19th, 2007, 06:16 AM
No, it's probably in the last episode> First Strike. Should I just spill it out in spoilers, or just wait 'til after Friday (which I don't want to do)?

I don't see how this is possible. First Strike doesnt seem to be the plausible ep.

Atlantis15
June 23rd, 2007, 01:59 AM
I've seen First Strike like agggggeeeeesssss ago I think it was among the first episdoes I actually saw of SA.

Mitchell82
June 23rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
I've seen First Strike like agggggeeeeesssss ago I think it was among the first episdoes I actually saw of SA.

One of the first eps you saw is the season 3 finale?:tealcanime49:

scifi_lemon
June 23rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
One of the first eps you saw is the season 3 finale?:tealcanime49:

Atlantis15
June 23rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah:) I know crazy but I did see part of Sateda just the bit where Mckay got shot in the butt with an arrow.

I am catching up though I've seen season 1 and 2, I just need to get season 3 on dvd.

Mitchell82
June 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah:) I know crazy but I did see part of Sateda just the bit where Mckay got shot in the butt with an arrow.

I am catching up though I've seen season 1 and 2, I just need to get season 3 on dvd.

:lol: Great scene I love it. As to the dvd can't wait they are being very smart though and releasing it in september. Little sad that we have to wait till first quarter '08 for the SG-1 movies.:(

Atlantis15
June 25th, 2007, 01:33 AM
It cracked me and it just got better when he got pumped full of drugs be I had to switch channels after that because at the time I was the only on in a household of 9 how wanted to watch it but I do have about 3 of them converted.

BeckettRulez
June 25th, 2007, 06:50 AM
It cracked me and it just got better when he got pumped full of drugs be I had to switch channels after that because at the time I was the only on in a household of 9 how wanted to watch it but I do have about 3 of them converted.

*g* Still 5 to go... Hmm sharing the TV can be awful sometimes, I remember being on a classtrip to Holland and there was Star Trek Ds9 running on TV, and what did the other girls wanted to watch? A stupid German TV show with a fake lawyer. That really s$%cked...:mckay:
But there are always the reruns and dvd, right?...

TaskFDX
June 25th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Just on a personal note, I'd rather he didn't come back in any form. Not that I didn't like the character, quite the contrary, he was one of my favorites. But he died a noble, heroic death. "Sunday" had weight to it. It was a powerful episode, and while it would be great to see the good doctor again, its gonna take away from the great experience that "Sunday" was. The death of a beloved character is always sad, but it adds depth and dimension, something that is sorely lacking in most TV stories.

It was nice to see Jewel Staite in the final ep as his replacement, but I'm a Firefly fan, so what can you expect?

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Just on a personal note, I'd rather he didn't come back in any form. Not that I didn't like the character, quite the contrary, he was one of my favorites. But he died a noble, heroic death. "Sunday" had weight to it. It was a powerful episode, and while it would be great to see the good doctor again, its gonna take away from the great experience that "Sunday" was. The death of a beloved character is always sad, but it adds depth and dimension, something that is sorely lacking in most TV stories.

It was nice to see Jewel Staite in the final ep as his replacement, but I'm a Firefly fan, so what can you expect?

I agree that Sunday was a powerfull ep and Beckett died a noble heroic death but I still am loving the fact that he will be back.

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Ah geez that sucks. Thankfully the only one in my house I had to convert was my wife.

TaskFDX
June 25th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I had a thought on Beckett's resurrection earlier today, because I, obviously, have way too much free time. I read somewhere here on our beloved Gatworld that there was a hint about how Carson would return in the last half of the season. This may have already been covered, but I'm entirely too lazy to reread every post again.

Now, if I remember correctly, there were only three episodes after "Sunday", this hardly represents a half a season, so could that clue have been in an earlier ep? I also recall reading that "Sunday" was not the last ep that Paul McGillion (sp?) shot in an interview with him, also possibly lending credence that this "clue" may have appeared before Carson ever died.

Whatcha think?

jenks
June 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
The hint was in one of the last three episodes, that has been confirmed.

TaskFDX
June 25th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Bleh. There's a few hours of speculation time down the drain, but still, it beats my Beckett/Teyla-love-child-artificially-grown-to-adulthood theory.

Thanks for the confirm though.

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
The hint was in one of the last three episodes, that has been confirmed.

Which makes it so bloody frustrating. I can't figure out what ep it's in. THough I'll stick with the Michael theory.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Ah geez that sucks. Thankfully the only one in my house I had to convert was my wife.

My mom likes it but my dad absolutely HATES it. He mocks every ep. We have to ask him to leave or shut up most of the time because he takes away our enjoyment of it. :mckay:

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Which makes it so bloody frustrating. I can't figure out what ep it's in. THough I'll stick with the Michael theory.

Out of Submersion, Vengence and First Strike, I think that the Mike centered Vengence is the only probable canadate. So, Mike theories are the most likely.

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:10 PM
My mom likes it but my dad absolutely HATES it. He mocks every ep. We have to ask him to leave or shut up most of the time because he takes away our enjoyment of it. :mckay:

Humph. Sounds like my mother in law. She sucks the enjoyment out of everything. I think she's a succubus.;)

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Humph. Sounds like my mother in law. She sucks the enjoyment out of everything. I think she's a succubus.;)

:lol: I like that description ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:17 PM
:lol: I like that description ;)

Glad you got the reference.;)

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Glad you got the reference.;)

What can I say? Wikipedia rules for anything that's non-spoilery ;)

Mitchell82
June 25th, 2007, 05:35 PM
What can I say? Wikipedia rules for anything that's non-spoilery ;)

LOL thats all it's good for just like IMDB is great for anything not spoilery too.

scifi_lemon
June 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM
LOL thats all it's good for just like IMDB is great for anything not spoilery too.

DItto.

Atlantis15
June 28th, 2007, 12:34 AM
The biggest pain about it in my house is my older sister she saw about half an episode of SG-1 while me and her were ill over Christmas and all she had to say positive about it was "I liked Christopher Judges Previously on Stargate SG-1" but most of the time she just says well they should have seen that coming it was obvious after she's found out who's the traitor.

She makes me so mad :mad: :mad:

Also I only want Carson to come back if it's the real Carson no Lovechilds or Clones cos thne he can actually say goodbye to people.

BeckettRulez
June 28th, 2007, 02:50 AM

Also I only want Carson to come back if it's the real Carson no Lovechilds or Clones cos thne he can actually say goodbye to people.

Huh? Just coming back to say goodbye? Nooooo, nooo, noo, he has to stay and keep on living. No death talking... Season 5 are the two magical words.*lol*

Atlantis15
June 28th, 2007, 05:32 AM
I meant to say Hello :)

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 10:51 AM
The biggest pain about it in my house is my older sister she saw about half an episode of SG-1 while me and her were ill over Christmas and all she had to say positive about it was "I liked Christopher Judges Previously on Stargate SG-1" but most of the time she just says well they should have seen that coming it was obvious after she's found out who's the traitor.

Sounds like my sister. She can be such a downer.:mckay:

scifi_lemon
June 28th, 2007, 10:59 AM

ITA about Carson...I think. No clones (unless the clone was the one who died ;P) or lovechilds. I want the real Carson!

That sucks about you're sister. My dad's the same way. :tealcanime22:

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 12:12 PM
ITA about Carson...I think. No clones (unless the clone was the one who died ;P) or lovechilds. I want the real Carson!

That sucks about you're sister. My dad's the same way. :tealcanime22:

Well he will be the real Carson the real kicker is how they are actually going to do it.

Atlantis15
June 28th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Does everyone here have at least one family member who says they don't like SA and Sg-1?

Also something has been bugging me what are BSG fans called Cos there are gaters and trekkies but I don't know what they are.

Mitchell82
June 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Does everyone here have at least one family member who says they don't like SA and Sg-1?

Also something has been bugging me what are BSG fans called Cos there are gaters and trekkies but I don't know what they are.

Galacticans?

idlewild202
June 28th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Okay, cuz I'm lazy, I'm just copying what I posted in the "how will he return" thread a couple days ago. ;p :)

During the explosion in "Sunday" the city senses that one of it's own (so to say) is in trouble, and while the explosion does kill Carson's body, the city saves his concious because of the ATA gene and stores it away in the database. You could then take that just about anywhere, from Rodney cloning and body and the concious of Carson coming to live in that body (that solves the lost memories problem) to Michael somehow tapping into the city and finding Carson living in there (sorta like Sam in the episode "Entity") and gives him a body through his experiments, etc.

Another spin on that would be along the same lines, but the city instead beams Carson (body and all) out of the city and onto the mainland. He is slighly burned but otherwise okay, but with no way to get ahold of the city he is forced to live off the wilderness (possibly in an old deserted Athosian camp) until the team finds him somehow. This would tie into what Rodney said about sending a body back to earth, the way he said it really makes me want to believe there wasn't much identifiable after the explosion, if anything at all.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it since IMO I believe it holds some weight. Though, some of the other michael theories are rather interesting I must say!

scifi_lemon
June 28th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Well he will be the real Carson the real kicker is how they are actually going to do it.

That's the question on everybody's mind, ain't it? I hope it's good!

Okay, cuz I'm lazy, I'm just copying what I posted in the "how will he return" thread a couple days ago. ;p :)

<Snip>

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it since IMO I believe it holds some weight. Though, some of the other michael theories are rather interesting I must say!

Yours is interesting, but I'm sticking with Haliyah's Michael theory.

Atlantis15
June 29th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Idlewild202 If your theory were true then wouldn't Carson be able to stick around a lot longer then 2 episodes.

idlewild202
June 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Idlewild202 If your theory were true then wouldn't Carson be able to stick around a lot longer then 2 episodes.
Hmm... that is true. I guess I'm still counting on TPTB to keep him around in the long run. I heard someone say something about at the end of the two episodes they will be leaving the door open for him to be back on other episodes. Call it wishful thinking if you will, lol, I don't care, I just want him back permanently and my theory does that for me :)

Atlantis15
June 29th, 2007, 10:35 AM
True. I'd also like to ask a question that has nothing to do with Carson I was wondering if anyone knew when season 4 was airing in the uk.

Mitchell82
June 29th, 2007, 06:21 PM
True. I'd also like to ask a question that has nothing to do with Carson I was wondering if anyone knew when season 4 was airing in the uk.

I don't know for certain but I'm going to hazzard a guess that it won't be till 2008.

scifi_lemon
June 29th, 2007, 08:58 PM
I don't know for certain but I'm going to hazzard a guess that it won't be till 2008.

Really? That seems like a big difference between that and the US. I've really thought about it, but don't US and the rest of the world premiers around the same time?

Atlantis15
June 30th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Actually the uk got season 10 of Sg-1 a few months before the US so why would we be getting it in 2008?

Mitchell82
June 30th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Actually the uk got season 10 of Sg-1 a few months before the US so why would we be getting it in 2008?

Actually we got the first half first the UK got the second half first because of the damn hiatus. Usually we get it before the UK.

scifi_lemon
June 30th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Actually we got the first half first the UK got the second half first because of the damn hiatus. Usually we get it before the UK.

Ah. Gotcha.

Reichiru
June 30th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Clone from his gate signature, alternate reality very similar to our own, new advanced race patches him up, etc... who knows? Glad its conformed not to be ascension though since that is the easy way out of the situation.

I'm banking on zombie!Carson. bahahaha. I'm kidding.

Atlantis15
July 1st, 2007, 01:09 AM
I really really don't want it to be a clone or a zombie for that matter, all I want is the real Carson back for 2 episodes I don't think that is to much to ask.

Mitchell82
July 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM
I really really don't want it to be a clone or a zombie for that matter, all I want is the real Carson back for 2 episodes I don't think that is to much to ask.

Ditto. If a clone is involved it is likely the one that went boom.;)

Xicer
July 1st, 2007, 05:59 PM
Or...

He was taken by a group of Tleilaxu Face Dancers who then put him into an Axolotl Tank and turned him into a Ghola! :D

Mitchell82
July 1st, 2007, 06:03 PM
Or...

He was taken by a group of Tleilaxu Face Dancers who then put him into an Axolotl Tank and turned him into a Ghola! :D

LOL!

scifi_lemon
July 2nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Or...

Uh.....0.o

Atlantis15
July 14th, 2007, 01:27 AM
This is off topic but I didn't think you lot would mind as there isn't really a topic at the mo anyway I saw Paul Mcgillion on Sg-1 and it cracked me up.

Mitchell82
July 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
This is off topic but I didn't think you lot would mind as there isn't really a topic at the mo anyway I saw Paul Mcgillion on Sg-1 and it cracked me up.

In Torment of Tantalus I know it's hilarious to see him so young.

Xicer
July 15th, 2007, 02:50 AM
He was in ToT??? I never noticed!

Mitchell82
July 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM
He was in ToT??? I never noticed!

Yup. He played young Earnest.

Xicer
July 15th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Wow, I didn't notice it was him at all. Looked so different the first time I saw it.

RepliHawk
July 15th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Wow, I didn't notice it was him at all. Looked so different the first time I saw it.

I did not notice that either

Ruffles
July 16th, 2007, 09:52 AM

No Scottish accent either.

scifi_lemon
July 16th, 2007, 10:58 AM
No Scottish accent either.

It's always freaked me out to hear Paul McGillion speak without the accent. It just seems so...wrong, somehow. ;)

Did anyone watch the Psych ep where David Nykl guest starred? He had an American accent. It was really hilarious to hear him without the Czech accent.

Atlantis15
July 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Actually if you listen really closely to him talk in ToT you can actually hear a ever so slight scottish accent but only the smallest bit.

scifi_lemon
July 16th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Actually if you listen really closely to him talk in ToT you can actually hear a ever so slight scottish accent but only the smallest bit.

Both his parents have Scottish accents, right? I read somewhere that he was raised around both Scottish and Canadian accents, so his normal speech is a mix of both.

Mitchell82
July 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
It's always freaked me out to hear Paul McGillion speak without the accent. It just seems so...wrong, somehow. ;)

Did anyone watch the Psych ep where David Nykl guest starred? He had an American accent. It was really hilarious to hear him without the Czech accent.

I know but it's even weirder seeing Hugh Laurie (house) speak with an British accent.

Atlantis15
July 17th, 2007, 02:09 AM
Well from what I heard on one of the commentarys he was born in Scotland and all his family is scottish except his little brother, I also heard that he calls one of his brothers who is going to be a doctor to hear what the line should sound like and hwat the line actually means.

Atlantis15
July 17th, 2007, 03:42 AM
I thought I would add that it's not so weird for me as I've only seen Hugh Laurie in movies where he's playing an english guy also I think it would be weird if I heard him use any other accent as he was born in England.

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I know but it's even weirder seeing Hugh Laurie (house) speak with an British accent.

That totally freaks me out. It's unnatural I tell you, unnatural!!! ;)

Ruffles
July 17th, 2007, 11:33 AM
That totally freaks me out. It's unnatural I tell you, unnatural!!! ;)

Really? I thought he was British.

Back to Beckett - what do you think of the CG Wraith appearing in The Kindred? How does that factor into his return?

scifi_lemon
July 17th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Really? I thought he was British.

Back to Beckett - what do you think of the CG Wraith appearing in The Kindred? How does that factor into his return?

No, he is British but in the TV show he has an American accent. It's like hearing Carson without is Scottish accent; it's just freaky.

Maybe to torture Carson!clone even more, he turns him into a Wraith. It'd kill Carson to have to take another human life and maybe the CG Wraith finds Wraith!Carson!clone? *shrug*

Mitchell82
July 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM
No, he is British but in the TV show he has an American accent. It's like hearing Carson without is Scottish accent; it's just freaky.
Exactly. It's just odd hearing talk with a British accent, because he does an American accent very well.

Maybe to torture Carson!clone even more, he turns him into a Wraith. It'd kill Carson to have to take another human life and maybe the CG Wraith finds Wraith!Carson!clone? *shrug*
Oooh freaky.

Atlantis15
July 17th, 2007, 11:57 PM
It won't be a clone, I just know it, they would never ever do that. (I hope)

Ruffles
July 18th, 2007, 06:21 AM
It won't be a clone, I just know it, they would never ever do that. (I hope)

Really? Are we watching the same show? ;)

Mitchell82
July 18th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Really? Are we watching the same show? ;)

:lol: However JM has said it is the real Carson.

Ruffles
July 18th, 2007, 09:59 AM
:lol: However JM has said it is the real Carson.

No, JM said it won't be an AU or a time-hopping Beckett. Here is the link to the interview (http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/2007/04/09/exclusive-carson-to-resurface-on-atlantis/#more-145). Carson Beckett in the flesh (as opposed to "non-corporeal").

Also, check this (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6796317&postcount=595) out on what JM has said in his blog.

I still stand by my original hypothesis. The "original" Beckett died in Sunday and the one we'll see in The Kindred will be his clone. He may even have all of Carson's memories (up to the point Michael took his DNA) or some interesting ones that Michael created (since we created Michael's past for him).

scifi_lemon
July 18th, 2007, 10:46 AM
No, JM said it won't be an AU or a time-hopping Beckett. Here is the link to the interview (http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/2007/04/09/exclusive-carson-to-resurface-on-atlantis/#more-145). Carson Beckett in the flesh (as opposed to "non-corporeal").

Also, check this (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=6796317&postcount=595) out on what JM has said in his blog.

I still stand by my original hypothesis. The "original" Beckett died in Sunday and the one we'll see in The Kindred will be his clone. He may even have all of Carson's memories (up to the point Michael took his DNA) or some interesting ones that Michael created (since we created Michael's past for him).

That'd be interesting. Either way, Mikey's gonna torture clone!Carson. I feel sorry for him already.

Atlantis15
July 18th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Don't make me go all tantrum toddler on you lot cos I will, He will not be a clone!

Ruffles
July 18th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Don't make me go all tantrum toddler on you lot cos I will, He will not be a clone!

Tantrum toddler? Can you give me a preview so I can make an informed decision?

What is your theory of his return?

Atlantis15
July 19th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Trust me you don't want to see me go tantrum toodler, they'll be screaming, wailing and a lot of pounding the floor.

My theory.....well I dont much of one yet but I will.

Ruffles
July 19th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Trust me you don't want to see me go tantrum toodler, they'll be screaming, wailing and a lot of pounding the floor.

My theory.....well I dont much of one yet but I will.

*giggle* If you change your mind, post the YouTube link. I look forward to your theory. JM is very tricky so it could be almost anything, but I'm still sticking with clone!Carson for now.

Thunderbird 2
July 19th, 2007, 08:20 AM
So let me get this clear then, - although we have been told it will be a "flesh and blood" Dr Beckett that Mr McGillion will be playing, there is nothing thus far to suggest that it is actually the character we had seen in seasons 1 and 2? - I am thnking a variation of the whole Dr Bashir is a Changeling thing that star Trek DS9 did, but from what has been said, either of the following is possible:

Clone Beckett.
Wraith Beckett. (Created using material from the original, but grafted with Retrovirus material, a human wraith, rather than a Wraith human)
Real Dr C Beckett MD. - The character we saw in seasons 1 and 2.

jenks
July 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I think the guy who was killed in Sunday wasn't even Beckett.

vaberella
July 19th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Was I the only one who saw Hugh Laurie in Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson? Most probably. :( You guys need to see Zelenka in Eureka next week...no Czech accent. Freaky!! :lol:

Anyway, yeah, I might agree with Jenks. But bloody hell Jenks that's depressing. All the hoopla and dramatic exit for him and it was a clone or some puppet. Come on?! I'd take AU or at acension over some other "Carson" doing what Beckett does best. It just irks me. :(

Ruffles
July 19th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I think the guy who was killed in Sunday wasn't even Beckett.

Then who was it?

Was I the only one who saw Hugh Laurie in Sense and Sensibility with Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson? Most probably. :(

I did! I love that movie. *faints at idea of having something in common with Vabi beside SG* :D

You guys need to see Zelenka in Eureka next week...no Czech accent. Freaky!! :lol:

I'm looking forward to it.

Anyway, yeah, I might agree with Jenks. But bloody hell Jenks that's depressing. All the hoopla and dramatic exit for him and it was a clone or some puppet. Come on?! I'd take AU or at acension over some other "Carson" doing what Beckett does best. It just irks me. :(

What's your theory?

vaberella
July 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I did! I love that movie. *faints at idea of having something in common with Vabi beside SG* :D

What's your theory?

Hah, I have a wide variety of interests. I'm sure we have a lot in common. :D

As for theory on this. I'd prefer if he comes back as some sort of ghost/spirit thing. Like something connected to Atlantis. I just don't want him human. I want more of what we got at the end of Sunday. I just really don't want everything in Sunday to be a waste. I mean I'll wait and see, but really...:S

Ruffles
July 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Hah, I have a wide variety of interests. I'm sure we have a lot in common. :D

I'm sure we do. *hugs*

As for theory on this. I'd prefer if he comes back as some sort of ghost/spirit thing. Like something connected to Atlantis. I just don't want him human. I want more of what we got at the end of Sunday. I just really don't want everything in Sunday to be a waste. I mean I'll wait and see, but really...:S

JM has said it will be Carson in the flesh as opposed to non-corporeal form. If done right, Sunday doesn't have to be a waste. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I am a little concerned with today's blog comment of "not a dry eye in the house" at the end of The Kindred Pt 2. Very little makes me cry, but Sunday does every time I watch it. I hope this will be a good kind of cry, but I'm guessing not since he's not staying. *starts looking for kleenex*

Atlantis15
July 20th, 2007, 01:22 AM
I've seen Sense and Sensibility a few times at my Grandma's house.

Carson coming back could be that they go back in time and see him or maybe he got stuck in an alternate dimension.

Ruffles
July 20th, 2007, 05:39 AM
I've seen Sense and Sensibility a few times at my Grandma's house.

Carson coming back could be that they go back in time and see him or maybe he got stuck in an alternate dimension.

JM has already said he won't be AU or time-travel. Sorry.

Atlantis15
July 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I only heard they weren't doing Alternate Reality not alternate dimension.

Barnzy
July 20th, 2007, 01:16 PM
what ways have been ruled out for his return?
im not that sure

Ruffles
July 20th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I only heard they weren't doing Alternate Reality not alternate dimension.

what ways have been ruled out for his return?
im not that sure

Per JM's interview (http://www.savecarsonbeckett.com/2007/04/09/exclusive-carson-to-resurface-on-atlantis/#more-145):

Q: Will it be Carson Beckett in the flesh, or in non-corporeal form?
A: When he returns for the two-parter, it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh. Late in season three, we discussed the manner in which the character had been written out and the possible ways in which he could be brought back. I threw out an idea that not only brought Carson back, but answered a very big question I had concerning a late-season arc. In order to lay the groundwork for his possible return, we threaded a subtle hint into one of the late season three episodes. So, if fans want to know how we plan on bringing the good doctor back from the dead, they should seek out the hidden clue when the back half of season three returns to SciFi this Friday, April 13th.

Q: Will it be “our” Carson Beckett or an alternate version?
A: Well, I don’t want to give too much away but I can say it won’t be an AU version of Carson - or a time-hopping Dr. Beckett either.

scifi_lemon
July 20th, 2007, 03:21 PM
So that leaves only one option....clones.

griffindorgirl
July 20th, 2007, 04:52 PM
I got the information from Paul McGillion at Shore Leave 29. Carson Beckett is back in Season 4. I am still wondering how they are going to bring him back. I am thinking that it might be flashback or Quatum Mirror related. I am egarly looking forward to seeing him back with the show.:beckett:

Ruffles
July 20th, 2007, 07:46 PM
So that leaves only one option....clones.

Or something so unbelievably wacky we haven't thought of it yet. That JM is a tricky one.

I got the information from Paul McGillion at Shore Leave 29. Carson Beckett is back in Season 4. I am still wondering how they are going to bring him back. I am thinking that it might be flashback or Quatum Mirror related. I am egarly looking forward to seeing him back with the show.:beckett:

<sigh> See above posts. No AU, no time travel, Carson in the flesh.

Ltcolshepjumper
July 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
I do believe it has to do with some wacky clone created by Michael.

IWKYZerocool
July 21st, 2007, 02:11 AM
have not read all the comments, but has anyone thought he might of ascended not because he is advanced enough but as he was the most caring person on Atlantis not just for humans but any race. The Ancients might of ascended him but for some reason he comes back. Just a thought.

PG15
July 21st, 2007, 11:15 AM
Carson did not ascend. That is a fact confirmed by Joe Mallozzi.

The Wraiths are definately involved, as also confirmed by him.

Atlantis15
July 22nd, 2007, 05:32 AM
Don't mean to sound rude but I wasn't talking about him been Alternate Universe but him could just be trapped in an Alternate Dimension like Daniel was in Sg-1 or Cameron and Sam.

It could also just be somebody's hallucination maybe someone became ill.

GipeTTo
July 22nd, 2007, 06:14 AM
its funny how deep people to into speculating. Its most likely as simple as cloning with integrating his memorys and personality into the clone.

Mitchell82
July 22nd, 2007, 09:34 AM
Carson did not ascend. That is a fact confirmed by Joe Mallozzi.

The Wraiths are definately involved, as also confirmed by him.

Which makes me really think Michael is involved.

Ruffles
July 22nd, 2007, 12:20 PM
Don't mean to sound rude but I wasn't talking about him been Alternate Universe but him could just be trapped in an Alternate Dimension like Daniel was in Sg-1 or Cameron and Sam.

It could also just be somebody's hallucination maybe someone became ill.

No worries. Didn't think you sounded rude. What is your theory on how he got in the other dimension?

JM did say "in the flesh" which would rule out hallucination.

scifi_lemon
July 22nd, 2007, 01:30 PM
Which makes me really think Michael is involved.

ITA.

(Nice Banner BTW!)

Atlantis15
July 23rd, 2007, 06:56 AM
Maybe the city sent him there to protect him.

What does he mean in the flesh,he can't be completely in the flesh if he died can he?

Atlantis15
July 23rd, 2007, 06:57 AM

What does he mean in the flesh,he can't be completely in the flesh if he died can he?

Also I had to check that i wasn't sounding rude because I've been told I take a tone with people without even knowing.

Ruffles
July 23rd, 2007, 07:32 AM

Also I had to check that i wasn't sounding rude because I've been told I take a tone with people without even knowing.

The original question was would he be Carson in the flesh or non-corporeal (which I read as ascended). JM's answer was in the flesh.

The part I put in red is the big question. Since he died, how is he coming back? JM said there is a vague hint at the end of S3 (we know it's in one of the last 3 eps - Submersion, Vengeance or First Strike). The only thing I've come up with is twice in Vengeance the comment is made that Michael was able to learn incredibly fast how to manipulate genetics to develop the bug people. Since Carson is the expert on genetics and Michael's experiments are the retrovirus in reverse, it stands to reason that somehow he is using Carson's knowledge to do so.

I haven't found anything else in the last 3 eps that I could relate to Carson's return. So that gets us to Michael, Carson and DNA manipulation. Michael had Carson alone at the end of Misbegotten so it's possible he could have taken a blood sample from him then. He didn't have any fabulous alien technology with him so he would have needed to go somewhere else to create a clone. I am stumped on how to get Carson's memories in the clone since the Asgard had their consciousnesses downloaded. I guess Michael could have found some funky Ancient device that made a clone complete with memories.

This kind of thing can make you crazy. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Mitchell82
July 23rd, 2007, 04:37 PM
The original question was would he be Carson in the flesh or non-corporeal (which I read as ascended). JM's answer was in the flesh.

The part I put in red is the big question. Since he died, how is he coming back? JM said there is a vague hint at the end of S3 (we know it's in one of the last 3 eps - Submersion, Vengeance or First Strike). The only thing I've come up with is twice in Vengeance the comment is made that Michael was able to learn incredibly fast how to manipulate genetics to develop the bug people. Since Carson is the expert on genetics and Michael's experiments are the retrovirus in reverse, it stands to reason that somehow he is using Carson's knowledge to do so.

I haven't found anything else in the last 3 eps that I could relate to Carson's return. So that gets us to Michael, Carson and DNA manipulation. Michael had Carson alone at the end of Misbegotten so it's possible he could have taken a blood sample from him then. He didn't have any fabulous alien technology with him so he would have needed to go somewhere else to create a clone. I am stumped on how to get Carson's memories in the clone since the Asgard had their consciousnesses downloaded. I guess Michael could have found some funky Ancient device that made a clone complete with memories.

This kind of thing can make you crazy. I can't wait to see what they've come up with.
I know exactly how you feel. Your guess is as good as mine but I'd wager that it is something along those lines. As to how the clone gets his memories mabey he has the real carson in suspended animation and has him hooked up to a nerual interface with a subspace amplifier that connects the two and thats how it knows what Carson does.

spinspinspin
July 23rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Just a thought that popped into my head when I read the recent news posting where David Hewlett talks about a neat twist using replicator technology for good instead of evil.

Now I know this is highly unlikely that they would use this method to "bring back" Dr. Beckett, but what do you guys think the ramifications of creating a human form replicator based on one of the "good guys" would be? Plus, it has a catchy name!

My opinion, I would be wary that we have actually found a way to control replicator technology. They are programmed to replicate, destroying everyone in their way, but they are not inherently evil, I think. If they were reprogrammed properly, or reverse engineered, it could result in highly advanced robotic assistants...something like Data on the Enterprise?

In the very least, you'd have to agree Repli-Carson is almost as catchy as Repli-Carter!

PG15
July 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM
Well, JM did say that Carson was going to be "in the flesh" when he comes back, so I doubt he'll be a replicator. I'm almost 100% sure that the interview was refering to Weir though.

Replizabeth; doesn't sound too bad. :D

Uncle Tobias
July 23rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Well, JM did say that Carson was going to be "in the flesh" when he comes back, so I doubt he'll be a replicator. I'm almost 100% sure that the interview was refering to Weir though.

Hmm that would be quite something. You think they will transfer Wier's conciousness to a replicator body somehow?

Thunderbird 2
July 24th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Then considering all other possibilities, there is only one conclussion I can come to:

The Beckett seen in Sunday was a replica / clone / genetic hybrid of Dr B, designed as a "sleeper" agent to be placed in Atlantis by the Wraith. (Possibly Michael?) Using a controlled amount of the retrovirus drug, he was designed to revert to Wraith type and allow Wraith forces into Atlantis, after operating a strike attack to control the city from within, once he had learned as much as he could from Weir and McKay. (Similar to the Genii attack in the first season) - Becketts natural friendship with McKay and Zelenka would have made this process easy. Unfortunately, events from Sunday took place, prematurely knocking the whole thing on the head.

Incidentally, this idea of a character getting impersonated aspect is very similar to the "Bashir changeling" storyline that was done in Star trek DS9. If I am right, it means we get the real Dr Beckett back (thankfully) but it doesn't damage the credability of the characters in Sunday, in as much that everyone did think Beckett was killed at that point.

Phew! Did that make sense?! :beckettanime14:

Ruffles
July 24th, 2007, 07:07 AM

That's what I think whether it be nanites to help her live or a complete reconstruction. "Replizabeth"? That's... hard to say.

Then considering all other possibilities, there is only one conclussion I can come to:

The Beckett seen in Sunday was a replica / clone / genetic hybrid of Dr B, designed as a "sleeper" agent to be placed in Atlantis by the Wraith. (Possibly Michael?) Using a controlled amount of the retrovirus drug, he was designed to revert to Wraith type and allow Wraith forces into Atlantis, after operating a strike attack to control the city from within, once he had learned as much as he could from Weir and McKay. (Similar to the Genii attack in the first season) - Becketts natural friendship with McKay and Zelenka would have made this process easy. Unfortunately, events from Sunday took place, prematurely knocking the whole thing on the head.

Incidentally, this idea of a character getting impersonated aspect is very similar to the "Bashir changeling" storyline that was done in Star trek DS9. If I am right, it means we get the real Dr Beckett back (thankfully) but it doesn't damage the credability of the characters in Sunday, in as much that everyone did think Beckett was killed at that point.

Phew! Did that make sense?! :beckettanime14:

When do you think the "clone" was placed in Atlantis by the Wraith?

Thunderbird 2
July 24th, 2007, 08:51 AM
That's what I think whether it be nanites to help her live or a complete reconstruction. "Replizabeth"? That's... hard to say.

When do you think the "clone" was placed in Atlantis by the Wraith?

I only got to see a small number of season 4 eps before Sky One fell out with Virgin media in the UK, so this is sketchy, but I'd say during "Misbeggotten" when Michael captured Beckett. Granted there was very little time spare, but specifically this bit caughtr my eye (quoted from Gateworlds epsiode guide)

Dr. Beckett follows the Wraith to a gathering in the woods. They have also begun to revert. Michael discovers him. His Wraith features are returning, and most of his memory is back -- enough to know he's been betrayed twice. They waited until Sheppard left with the soldiers so that only the medical staff was present to make their move. These reverted Wraith have focused their communicative energies to contact a hive ship, which is now on the way.

and further on...

Michael interrogates Dr. Beckett in the hopes of discovering any backup plan left behind by Sheppard in case something goes wrong while he's away. He learns that all Sheppard has to do is send a signal to activate a nuke in the camp. Hoping to save Becket and the guards, Sheppard takes a Puddle Jumper to the planet to deposit the nuke himself. - The team arrives to find only Dr. Beckett alive.

Now, its curcumstantial, but so was the Changeling taking the place of Dr Bashir in DS9! Probably wrong, but its my best guess.

Ruffles
July 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I only got to see a small number of season 4 eps before Sky One fell out with Virgin media in the UK, so this is sketchy, but I'd say during "Misbeggotten" when Michael captured Beckett. Granted there was very little time spare, but specifically this bit caughtr my eye (quoted from Gateworlds epsiode guide)

Dr. Beckett follows the Wraith to a gathering in the woods. They have also begun to revert. Michael discovers him. His Wraith features are returning, and most of his memory is back -- enough to know he's been betrayed twice. They waited until Sheppard left with the soldiers so that only the medical staff was present to make their move. These reverted Wraith have focused their communicative energies to contact a hive ship, which is now on the way.

and further on...

Michael interrogates Dr. Beckett in the hopes of discovering any backup plan left behind by Sheppard in case something goes wrong while he's away. He learns that all Sheppard has to do is send a signal to activate a nuke in the camp. Hoping to save Becket and the guards, Sheppard takes a Puddle Jumper to the planet to deposit the nuke himself. - The team arrives to find only Dr. Beckett alive.

Now, its curcumstantial, but so was the Changeling taking the place of Dr Bashir in DS9! Probably wrong, but its my best guess.

I see. He didn't have any equipment with him to make a clone (or anything else) though. All the equipment was Earth-based so I don't think he would have had the time or the ability to make a clone.

You really need to see Vengeance. Spooky.

scifi_lemon
July 31st, 2007, 12:54 PM
I see. He didn't have any equipment with him to make a clone (or anything else) though. All the equipment was Earth-based so I don't think he would have had the time or the ability to make a clone.

You really need to see Vengeance. Spooky.

^ ITA. That was a great ep.

My theory is that Michael and the Asurans teamed up to create a Carson "clone" using a combination of Wraith organic tech and Asuran nanites. This repliCarson was designed to be a spy within Atlantis. Michael gets the real Carson and the Asurans get a spy. A win-win situation. The switch was made during the Asuran occupation of Atlantis when Carson was cornered alone in the Return II. The clone recieves all of Carson's memories and wakes up in a cell, unaware of his "birth".

The real Carson was either taken to the Mainland to be held for safe keeping, then removed during First Strike, or he was taken to the Asuran homeworld where he was handed off to Michael.

The team will either find Carson on another world having escaped Michael's clutches or with Michael in a Wraith lab.